Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It's just way too risky imo, and ultimately something the opponent has more control of than you. I wonder if we could ever see something like "automatically plays itself the moment you enter vengeance."

Clarste fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Nov 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
well soul dealer is supposed to be a "safe way" to get into vengeance range but it's really not enough upside.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Clarste posted:

It's just way too risky imo, and ultimately something the opponent has more control of than you. I wonder if we could ever see something like "automatically plays itself the moment you enter vengeance."

Cards that just have a static ability that sets off on Vengeance would be a pretty easy angle I think. Adds some play too when you think you're safe and the opponent has some way to damage himself to trigger vengeance and his guys on board are suddenly meaner.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

I will admit to being the 3rd type of player. The only thing I don't have is Elana, but otherwise, I do all the rest. Also Garudas all day and every day.

gently caress your wards.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

okay i like this game and all but gently caress how did they get a mobile app to crash so often :bang:

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

f a i r i e s

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

This fun and interactive board brought to you by Aggro Dragon mirror match.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Assuming you just buy and dust packs, how much does it cost to make a top tier constructed deck in this game?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

fadam posted:

Assuming you just buy and dust packs, how much does it cost to make a top tier constructed deck in this game?

About 75-150 dollars, I think? That seems kind of absurd though, given how much I've gotten for free.

Edit: Doubled the price accidentally because I didn't realize how much Crystals actually cost.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 12, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fadam posted:

You get ~100 vials per pack on average. Haven has top-tier decks that cost around 10-20k dust. So you'll need to disenchant 100-200 packs if you are extremely unlucky with your pulls. If you go and buy all those packs immediately (like a loving idiot) that'll be 200-400 dollars for a top of the line, super luxurious, beat the poo poo out of anybody, easy to play deck.

On the other hand, I have been playing for 2 weeks I already have a deck (banner sword) that could push me into masters if I gave any fucks about that for a grand total of $0. It's around 5,000 vials.

Really good aggro decks cost around 15k vials, while the control ones are 30k or so.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 12, 2016

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

trucutru posted:

You get ~100 vials per pack on average. Haven has top-tier decks that cost around 20,000 dust. So you'll need to disenchant 200 packs if you are extremely unlucky with your pulls. If you go and buy all those packs immediately (like a loving idiot) that'll be 400 dollars.

On the other hand, I have been playing for 2 weeks I already have a deck (banner sword) that could push me into masters if I gave any fucks about that for a grand total of $0. It's around 5,000 vials.

Really good aggro decks cost around 15k vials, while the control ones are 30k or so.

If you liquefy everything, 100 vials isn't the average, 120 is the minimum (7 bronze + 1 silver). The average, if you go by the official drop rates is ~470.

e:

Tamba fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 12, 2016

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

yeah i've been playing less than a week and have two hightier decks (aggro bat and banner sword) and almost have all the pieces for a third (Elana prayer) without spending money.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

That's weird that a Japanese version of Hearthstone is somehow less P2W and grindy but I'm all for it.

The class mechanics seem really neat. I like the Vampire guy a lot.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

rerolling for good legends from your first thirty packs is a big partof it. I would be no where near the Havencraft deck but i started with almost all the legends in that deck.

and if you like bloodcraft i would suggest using the aggro deck in the OP as a baseboard to start at. it has no legends and maybe like seven or eight golds, so it is dirt cheap to create all things considered.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

rerolling for good legends from your first thirty packs is a big partof it. I would be no where near the Havencraft deck but i started with almost all the legends in that deck.

and if you like bloodcraft i would suggest using the aggro deck in the OP as a baseboard to start at. it has no legends and maybe like seven or eight golds, so it is dirt cheap to create all things considered.

Will do, thanks mate.

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008
Depending on how lucky you get with early legendaries, which you can influence yourself by rerolling, it's actually REALLY feasible to get a full set of a top tier deck for free (depending on the deck). In a week of playing I've gotten a full playset for spell rune and aggro blood without spending a cent. If I wanted to make control blood or something like that, I'd have to pay the man or be patient, but they've got some really cool deals on that if you are fine with paying over time instead of all at once. It's a very generous game.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Face sword is almost entirely basics and commons, and is a tier 2 deck to boot. Banner is barely any more expensive; most of its cost comes from Alwida's Command and is tier 1 (maybe 1.5) anyway.

Basically, you can get a top tier deck almost out of the box.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

fadam posted:

That's weird that a Japanese version of Hearthstone is somehow less P2W and grindy but I'm all for it.

The class mechanics seem really neat. I like the Vampire guy a lot.

Aggro Blood and Banner Sword are really cheap but since Legendaries are not limited to 1 per deck, once you start including them the cost of a deck starts to skyrocket like with Face Dragon (3x Forte), for example.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Haven't gotten the chance to play much this week due to new games, but decided to knock out some dailies in arena. First I finished off a 1 - 0 Bloodcraft for my second ever 5 - 0, with a deck that had a good amount of bats/bat-synergy and otherwise just a good curve and follower/removal balance. Then my next draft I get my best ever pick in Take Two so far as the very first:

Now watch me end up getting no cards for turn 1/2 or something.

E: Swordcraft deck played nice and made my third 5 - 0. I didn't even get to play Tsubaki and only played the General in one game, so they didn't even matter.I got gently caress-all one-drops but a lot of tasty stuff - only one Fencer which I actually didn't draw ONCE either. I had to double-check after the run that I didn't imagine it.

Taking into account the daily quests and achievements, two runs got me five card packs (3 from TT rewards, 1 from 7-win quest, 1 from achievement) and 730 rupees (got 200 from a win 50 arena games achievement). Solid return!

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 13, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tamba posted:

If you liquefy everything, 100 vials isn't the average, 120 is the minimum (7 bronze + 1 silver). The average, if you go by the official drop rates is ~470.

e:

Thanks, I must have been thinking about heartstone or something.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Climbing in B3 but it's hella slow because I keep getting Haven quests that grind my win rate down closer to 50%. Storm Haven just doesn't feel like it has the juice now that the meta is adjusting. I'm getting a lot more value out of aggro blood, even though that deck has never been my style. I'm running burn instead of the 1/4 bat buffer because it feels insanely inconsistent and if I'm swinging with several bats I'm probably already in a good position. Meanwhile Wind God evolves into a ward-smashing horror that makes sure everyone who gets past is hitting harder.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I have been watching some more JP master players and I must repeat that forest is broken as gently caress. So many win conditions, but the actual power comes from the flexibility and paranoia it creates. I can pretty much see the opponent's assholes clench when forest does *anything* with a large amount of cards on late turns.

There was this guy who was paranoid about the roaches and did his best to protect himself and them *blammo* it is me! path to purgatory out of nowhere! (thanks to lucky, yet calculated, altered fates) Ahahahaahah.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Yeah that's one of the reasons I wanna build some Forest decks. There's so much flexibility and sometimes it takes a long time to get a tell on what their win plan is. Too bad poo poo is mad expensive.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Yeah that's one of the reasons I wanna build some Forest decks. There's so much flexibility and sometimes it takes a long time to get a tell on what their win plan is. Too bad poo poo is mad expensive.

I have 2 tias and 2 animated Zirnitras (what is the point of her? compared to similar cards she seems to suck) so I'm already half-way to it. But I'm waiting for the next expansion before I do anything, because they'll probably nerf her rear end either directly or indirectly.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Nov 13, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

trucutru posted:

I have 2 tias and 2 animated Zirnitras (what is the point of her? compared to similar cards she seems to suck) so I'm already half-way to it. But I'm waiting for the next expansion before I do anything, because they'll probably nerf her rear end either directly or indirectly.

The point is to summon 2 5/5 dragons and then hit face or trade.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

The point is to summon 2 5/5 dragons and then hit face or trade.

Yeah, but you have to keep an evo point for her to summon the second, and the dragons can't be evolved that turn so you can only storm for 3 damage. Even if you're ramping well you'll probably use a point (or two, if second) in order to survive so that leaves you with a single double-dragon activation. And the next Zir is going to be crap. I guess my main problem is that she's slow.

I guess you could run Olivias but, in general, it seems like there are to many conditions that have to be present for her to do well.

Other multiple body legendaries like Otohime or freaking Tia just destroy her in value. Neptune is pretty close too, one pp less, and gives you 2 bodies you can immediately slam into other cards, it even has ward.

By the way, I also have 2 Olivias so if you can point me to a dragon deck that would do well with those mons that would be great.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 13, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

If you just got a 3 for 1, hopefully you don't need a second.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Thought I'd give this a shot, this is the best i've done after a bunch of rolls, should i keep re-rolling or stick?

Dragonsong Flute
Queen Vampire
Odin
Arch Summoner Erasmus x 2 (one is animated so yay vials?)
Cystalia Tia
Lord of the Flies

Also unless i'm missing something after the tutorial I only get 10 standard packs and 15 of the expansion, in this thread others have mentioned getting way more standard packs so not sure if they've changed that, thinking i should re-roll but as im getting less packs...

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Nov 13, 2016

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
I lost immediately after this but this was hilarious

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Elana's Prayer is like the one deck I run into that I can say I truly hate on either side of the table. No other deck feels as "we flipped a coin and this time you win/lose" to me as that one.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
to be fair it wouldn't be as bad if you didn't have to guess which haven deck you were up against for mulligans, it's like zoo and handlock all over again

Zoness fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Nov 13, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zoness posted:

to be fair it wouldn't be as bad if you didn't have to guess which haven deck you were up against for mulligans, it's like zoo and handlock all over again

Pfft. My banner sword deck doesn't have to guess. It is the same plan against everybody!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Pfft. My banner sword deck doesn't have to guess. It is the same plan against everybody!

i like that the plan against midrange is "inevitably lose"

that has to be my most comfortable matchup now

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Zoness posted:

The plan is "keep a petrify, don't worry too much about curving out 2 drops".

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zoness posted:

i like that the plan against midrange is "inevitably lose"

that has to be my most comfortable matchup now

That's what they think. But every so often they get screwed buy their draws and die by turn 6.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
In a bit over 2 weeks of playing, I've thrown together:

-Dshift (crafted the budget version day 1 and added the replacement gold/legs as I pulled them)
-Face Dragon (didn't want to play it but the game has thrown like 5 Fortes at me so I took the hint)
-Garuda (crafted this one mostly from scratch, I had like 1 Garuda from packs)
-Elana (entirely from scratch, blew like 4000 vials on it because I loving hate aggro blood)
-Seraph (haven't actually put a list together but I've pulled 2 seraphs so eh)

I could also do some kooky variations like the Elana/Seraph hybrid or the Skullfane Garuda list. In spite of this I still have 3000 vials and another 2000 gold in the bank, so I could probably start building towards another cheapo deck on a whim, like Banner Sword.

Game's really nice to F2P players imo.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I've been finely tweaking my Pascale deck, because the recommended one seemed kind of bad. Specifically, it seemed way too unreliable in getting the cards that you actually want/need. So I added every single possible thing that could draw, in hopes of "shrinking" the deck overall. Anecdotally it seems to do better against some decks, worse against others, and take a billion years to accomplish anything ever. On the other hand, the opponents in A rank seem significantly better than D-B, so that might be screwing up my perception. Like, I have to assume that all Forest decks are purgatory now, and there are actually some non-bat Blood decks (Bloody Mary, usually).

Clarste fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Nov 13, 2016

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'm trying to decide whether I should build an aggro blood deck since I already have one copy of Vania and I like playing aggro anyway, or if I should save up the vials to build midrange sword which is a stupidly strong deck but requires like seven legendaries I don't have yet and I already play banner sword anyway.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
10 game win streak broken by Dragon Roost Satan. Draws two cards and topdecks HP->1 and 7 damage spell with me having 4 wards and lethal next turn. I got memed on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

inthesto posted:

I'm trying to decide whether I should build an aggro blood deck since I already have one copy of Vania and I like playing aggro anyway, or if I should save up the vials to build midrange sword which is a stupidly strong deck but requires like seven legendaries I don't have yet and I already play banner sword anyway.

Aggro blood is dirt cheap, and win or lose games happen fast. Besides, rotating between Crafts is much more fun than just doing different flavors of one.

• Locked thread