Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
People who organize that poo poo at FOBs and COBs should be shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Holy poo poo it finally happened

We always joked about it

RIP those dudes but maybe formations will be banned for a while

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

milk milk lemonade posted:

People who organize that poo poo at FOBs and COBs should be shot.

Who organizes a fun run or any run at any FOB in an active combat zone. I mean isn't the main goal there mostly not get killed and not get overrun.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Who organizes a fun run or any run at any FOB in an active combat zone. I mean isn't the main goal there mostly not get killed and not get overrun.

No it's to see who can still max their PT test

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
fun run in an active combat zone is when your bowels decide to evacuate the 16 pounds of condensed MRE matter in your colon and the shitters are on the other side of the COP

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

MazelTovCocktail posted:

- organized turkey day run on FOB Speicher. Recommend for promotion immediately.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TBeats posted:

No it's to see who can still max their PT test

No I meant when being on an FOB in general.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I'm legit surprised this is the first time something like this has happened(unless another run got attacked and I've forgotten about it) If you are drawing combat pay, it is not garrison and stuff like that is stupid on so many levels.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

BAF has pretty tight security. That's not to say it isn't vulnerable (obviously). Two of my guys did uncover an ID counterfeiting cell run by LN contractors while we were doing construction there, which prompted interviews with the FBI.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

TBeats posted:

I wonder what W is up to?

Hey, at least his paintings are getting better. That's like, not terrible. His composition is still mindbogglingly basic as gently caress though, which is to be expected from someone with all the complexity of a 2x4.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

TheQuietWilds posted:

Hey, at least his paintings are getting better. That's like, not terrible. His composition is still mindbogglingly basic as gently caress though, which is to be expected from someone with all the complexity of a 2x4.

Yeah, it is definitely a better painting than self-portrait in the bath.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
At least we still have something to look forward to:

https://twitter.com/thegrandtour/status/797454806117916673

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

TheQuietWilds posted:

To be fair, he has painted 98 portraits - presumably from photos - so the composition options are limited

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgF0C-yWID4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPnFN7KzJ5c

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Zeris posted:

To be fair, he has painted 98 portraits - presumably from photos - so the composition options are limited

You can have interesting composition even in simple portraiture. There's a million things you can do with space/color/etc beyond "that sure is a face." Check out Saturnino Herran, Phillip Gurrey or Lucien Freud. W is just a simple dude who doesn't have the orientation to do anything beyond surface level poo poo.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

This is the funniest derail but I've been meaning to learn how to paint and W's progress is seriously motivating me.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:stare:

I want to see more.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

A Handed Missus posted:

I want to see more.

A LOT more. Those are awesome.

I call chin ball turret on Air Force one.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Those are by Neil Blompkamp of District 9 and Elysium fame, I read someplace.

I don't know who did this but saw it on twitter and it made me laugh.

http://imgur.com/gallery/zW1B6

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

lmao

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Prop Wash posted:

[url a Veteran's Day fun run got bombed at Bagram

Memorial run next week. 0630, uniform will be winter PT's, IOTV, helmet and pro eye.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Hahaha Republicans are going to poo poo themselves over this; https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/10/13/trump-just-laid-out-a-pretty-radical-student-debt-plan/

As somebody who's paying $1500 a month in student loans, this pleases me.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

I'm expecting him to butt heads with Congress now.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Hahaha, I'm dying. To think, just a few months ago we were talking about how Trump doesn't even have the ability to pivot for the general. Well, there it is. There's the pivot. We are the chumps who didn't understand how the real world works.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
W was right, he really was the last Republican President.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

TheQuietWilds posted:

Hahaha, I'm dying. To think, just a few months ago we were talking about how Trump doesn't even have the ability to pivot for the general. Well, there it is. There's the pivot. We are the chumps who didn't understand how the real world works.

That was from October. He said some things back then which are now disappearing

quote:

Gone from the seven-point list (PDF) Trump put forth during his election campaign is a plan to allow the import of prescription medications. Also gone is a plan to require price transparency in healthcare, something the vast majority of Americans would likely support. There’s also no further mention of reforming mental health programs in the country or making individuals' healthcare premiums tax-deductible.

Instead, the new top issues on Trump’s healthcare plan seem to fit with Republicans’ pro-life stance: to “protect individual conscience in healthcare” and “protect innocent human life from conception to natural death.” The former would shield doctors, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers who refuse to perform or offer services that conflict with their religious or personal beliefs. Such policies are most often used in relation to reproductive issues, such as dispensing of contraception or performing abortions.

Also freshly on the agenda is a plan to “modernize” Medicare, something Republicans, particularly House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), have long sought. Ryan’s past plan involved providing Medicare beneficiaries with a chunk of money to purchase private health insurance or a government-run program.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Privatizing Medicare is going to be insanely unpopular move, I can't wait to watch the GOP cut their own throats because they don't know the temperature of the room they've walked into.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

I will poo poo myself (in a good way) if Trump ends up being effective and manages to kill both the Republican and Democrat parties.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I was just there. They had fun runs and shadow runs drat near every weekend. Show up at 0530, sign up, get a free t-shirt. It's such a garrison atmosphere that the prevailing attitude seems to be that as long as you're inside the T-Walls and you don't get tagged by IDF, you're good.

Latin Dancing Night at the Green Bean on Thursdays, drink a mango smoothie, dance with the cute Air Force chicks, go home sober and unfucked, hey it's just like being stateside.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

TheQuietWilds posted:

You can have interesting composition even in simple portraiture. There's a million things you can do with space/color/etc beyond "that sure is a face." Check out Saturnino Herran, Phillip Gurrey or Lucien Freud. W is just a simple dude who doesn't have the orientation to do anything beyond surface level poo poo.

Okay

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

what the hell is a shadow run

edit: besides a good SNES game

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LostCosmonaut posted:

I will poo poo myself (in a good way) if Trump ends up being effective and manages to kill both the Republican and Democrat parties.

I'm cool with him being ineffective and killing both parties because that would be a net gain for everyone in the end.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Prop Wash posted:

http://www.baa.org/races/boston-marathon/event-information/military-programs/boston-marathon-afghanistan-results.aspx

Do a "shadow" 5k/10k/marathon/whatever at BAF at the same time the real deal is happening back in the states.

I think they even had it set up to where if you qualified in certain of the shadow runs at Bagram, you could automatically register for the Boston Marathon. Provided you'd be back home by then.

Loden Taylor fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 12, 2016

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Do they allow shadow drinking

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

TBeats posted:

Do they allow shadow drinking

Yes. It's called handing out near beer at Christmas.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Prop Wash posted:

The Genesis version was so much better.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
gently caress hellhounds

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Has anyone ever figured out the biggest margin of victory someone could get with the popular vote and still lose the EC vote?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

LostCosmonaut posted:

Maybe this was what I wanted when I wanted the meteor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

TBeats posted:

Has anyone ever figured out the biggest margin of victory someone could get with the popular vote and still lose the EC vote?

11 votes to ~325 million still gives you 270 EV if its the only votes cast in those states

• Locked thread