Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Ulio posted:

Ya I was wondering if the album is any different. Apparently its more of the new In Flames but better than their last album.

I'd compare it to Come Clarity. It's the best thing they've released in years, but that bar is not very high so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

"There's a big difference between being hurt and being injured. You get hurt, you shake it off and come back the next series or the next game. I try to hurt people."
New Metallica album is out there. Spit Out The Bone is seven minutes of Damage Inc.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
And now the new Metallica album is not only out there, it has fully leaked (only took about 12 hours). The Metallica subreddit is going nuts and they're spamming links of it like crazy.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

"There's a big difference between being hurt and being injured. You get hurt, you shake it off and come back the next series or the next game. I try to hurt people."
I'm pleasantly surprised with the new Metallica album.

Way better than Death Magnetic. Spit Out The Bone is loving good.

TheSteelCurtain fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 12, 2016

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
*fills pool with weapons-grade cheddar paste, dives in with scuba gear*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9xYStrPgOw

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

TheSteelCurtain posted:

I'm pleasantly surprised with the new Metallica album.

Way better than Death Magnetic. Spit Out The Bone is loving good.

I actually liked Death Magnetic more than Reload, St Anger so that sounds good.

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

Ulio posted:

I actually liked Death Magnetic more than Reload, St Anger so that sounds good.

It's a mix of all their albums. A doomy song about Cthulhu, a seven minute long thrash fest, a couple of slower Loadesque type songs. Something for everybody.

It has a lot more dynamics than DM, lots of vocal harmonies and layered guitars. I'd say it's the best since Black for sure. They had something to prove and they did it. The ending of Halo On Fire might have one of the best riffs they have ever written.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

TheSteelCurtain posted:

A doomy song about Cthulhu

This is my favorite so far. Haven't had a chance to listen to the album in full yet, though, just a couple tracks.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Just listened to "Spit Out the Bone".

God loving dayum.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Jesus gently caress this album is good

I think track 5 is the Cthulhu song? It has the good parts of Load/Reload with that sick, deep tone with the old school riff styling of their other Cthulhu songs

I am loving the hell out of this so far

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Spit Out The Bone :stare:

I don't think I've ever heard James spit out that kind of fire. Amazing loving song.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

I will never take a bath or listen to Metallica's latest turd

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hearing good things about the new Metallica album is absolutely heartwarming. I hope I like it :3:

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

I can't get over how good the album is, where has this Metallica been?

loving hell. Spit Out The Bone is ridiculous. James' voice is amazing.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Kilometers Davis posted:

Hearing good things about the new Metallica album is absolutely heartwarming. I hope I like it :3:

Spit Out The Bone is definitely the highlight.

My first impression is that it's seemingly a mix from all eras of their career. They'll never come close to matching what they did in the 80's but it is great to see they still have the ability to put out a couple of killer tunes now and again.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I don't get the hype, I listened to Spit Out The Bone and just, eh. Whatever.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Why would I want new Metallica if I don't listen to old Metallica? gently caress em all

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kilometers Davis posted:

it sounds like james hetfield fronting an avenged sevenfold cover band

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it sounds like james hetfield fronting an avenged sevenfold cover band

so it sounds like james hetfield fronting metallica

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
This new Metallica is drat good. Better than I thought it'd be.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Links?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

I don't post in NMD ever so I am not familiar with your intensely focused rules, but I would imagine we can't share links to something that isn't legally available at the moment (it doesn't release until Friday).

Go look in the obvious places. Additionally, the Metallica subreditt at reddit.com had a lot of links flying around early this afternoon.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You dumb idiot.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

www.metalsucks.com/metallica-full-stream.html

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

this brought a very nostalgic smile to my face

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Hello darkness my old friend

Upon giving this album a few listens now, it's very good. The first CD is definitely the stronger of the two, I feel. Then again, I never liked the slower, chugging styles of stuff like "Of Wolf and Man" and "Sad But True" compared to their other albums, which is really what CD2 really harks back to. I think a couple of the songs like "Am I Savage" go on just a smidge too long.

But, then again, "Dream No More" loving rules and that's pretty much straight-up slow plodding riffage.

:black101: "Sanity taken, Seething damnation, Cthulu awakens! Winged salvation, Death by creation, CTHULU AWAKENS!" :black101:

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 13, 2016

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This is exactly what you want from Metallica. Reminds me of the days of being a teenager and blasting Kill Em All while playing World of Warcraft with friends.

Fantastic album.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
there's this guy on youtube who does demos of guitar amps

he's a paunchy middle aged dude who got started playing late in life, and obviously has some money as he films his videos in what looks like a broom closet filled with easily 100 grand worth of equipment

despite having made these videos on a regular bassis for nearly a decade, neither his musical ability, videography skill, nor his filming location have improved

ironically, he refers to himself as "the tone king" despite every thing he plays sounding like a 13 year old at guitar center

if he was kidnapped by the islamic state and forced to make an album in the style of metallica with his extremely limited ability, it wouldn't sound much different than hardwired to self destruct

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

The Muppets On PCP posted:

there's this guy on youtube who does demos of guitar amps

he's a paunchy middle aged dude who got started playing late in life, and obviously has some money as he films his videos in what looks like a broom closet filled with easily 100 grand worth of equipment

despite having made these videos on a regular bassis for nearly a decade, neither his musical ability, videography skill, nor his filming location have improved

ironically, he refers to himself as "the tone king" despite every thing he plays sounding like a 13 year old at guitar center

if he was kidnapped by the islamic state and forced to make an album in the style of metallica with his extremely limited ability, it wouldn't sound much different than hardwired to self destruct

There's probably like 50 guitar gear dudes who fit this description.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I jumped through each song for the new MetallicA album and it's just a wet fart.

"We can play fast guys!! SEE?!!! THRASH TO THE CORE!!"

Thanks for reading.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Most of the songs feel like they go on forever.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

A human heart posted:

There's probably like 50 guitar gear dudes who fit this description.

there are more guitar gear dudes on youtube than people who watch guitar gear dude videos

new metallica boring, so what

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
Last minute I know, but does anyone want to go to Vektor/Black Fast tomorrow in SF? I'm not going suddenly and I want to give my ticket to someone.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Moundgarden posted:

I'd compare it to Come Clarity. It's the best thing they've released in years, but that bar is not very high so

I guess they just like Opeth won't ever go back to their old sound. I'll get the album anyway since I am a big In Flames fan and The End was an alright single.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

digging the new Ravencult

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amA4WizTSo0

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Helloween just announced a reunion tour where the current lineup will be touring with Hansen and Kiske. I am unreasonably excited for this over all other metal news this year.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

the 2000 version of me is so excited

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Most of the songs feel like they go on forever.

So no different from Metallica usually then

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Ulio posted:

Ghost is so good nice to hear they are as good live. Even though their style is changed a bit in their EP.

Has anyone listened to the new In Flames?

It's loving terrible.

Atoma blows it out of the water, even At War with Reality destroys it and that album's mediocre as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
If you pretend it is not an In Flames record and is instead the output of nu-metal Anders then it's alright for what it is - not great, not awful, just kinda there. It's a poo poo load better than A Sense of Purpose and Siren Charms, that's for drat sure. I really dig the title track at least. Haven't heard Atoma yet.

If you are expecting a return to form from In Flames you are going to be waiting a while