Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

14 closed the Jeep thread, but I'm wondering if he took IOC's post as a challenge???

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3787174&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=41#post466367686

IOC posted:

It is exceedingly rare that I goldmine threads but this is so loving going in there when it's done.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

MrChips posted:

That's not a huge surprise.

It's raised a lot of money for the forums at least...and also a lot of money for charity too. Apparently the mods waived toxxes if the person in question donated to RAINN.

Actually they didn't. Apparently they didn't talk that over with Lowtax first, so the bans happened anyway. Not a big deal, we knew what we were signing up for, and donating to RAINN is a good thing anyway.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Last night of dirt track for the year tonight. :( Wife even wants to come out for it.

Marriage is loving weird man. This year we've gone from happy, to near divorce, to settling into a weird 'friend' routine, and now back to mostly normal. I don't get it.

But at least she likes racing :v:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I'm going to guess that this has more to do with the star of the thread burning to the ground more than that

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

ExplodingSims posted:

I'm going to guess that this has more to do with the star of the thread burning to the ground more than that

I really feel like this should have been the final post in that glorious thread:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I didnt know this existed until 10 minutes ago but now I need one. Like. Right now.

http://www.sushezi.com/

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

Ferremit posted:

I didnt know this existed until 10 minutes ago but now I need one. Like. Right now.

http://www.sushezi.com/

Yeah they're pretty rad for making easy sushi

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Oh boy Amazon will let me subscribe and save to Bosch 16010148 brake rotors!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Had a somber beginning to the day. We went to the funeral of a friend of ours. He was only 30 years old. Stage four cancer. He fought for a few years. Had it licked too. He and his wife have three young children ranging from 5 to under two. They just got home from a trip together and on the ride home from the airport he started feeling really off. Went to the hospital to find out he was having a heart attack. He was placed in a medical induced coma so that they could get his kids and family there to say goodbye. This guy was clean living his whole life and so positive. The take away from words his wife shared was that he always said 'if you can't change it, you might as well enjoy it'.

I truly hate cancer.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Lol at all the scrubs itt

:c00l:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Meh, no powerglove.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Powergloves and virtual boys got way too expensive once Silicon Valley got in on the blessing that is retro gaming

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I've never had any of those. I did finally get an Xbox 360 and now an Xbox One.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I bought all of them at garage sales for $5-$25 each

Nowadays each one is worth like $50/each, which is also why I don't have an SNES (also partially because my GameCube has the GBA player which is basically an SNES

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
N64 was such a forgettable console

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BraveUlysses posted:

You shut your WHORE mouth

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BraveUlysses posted:

Look at this wrong post

LOOK AT IT

Without GoldenEye64 FPSs wouldn't be what they are today (even though the game is pretty bad)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Look at this wrong post

LOOK AT IT

Without GoldenEye64 FPSs wouldn't be what they are today (even though the game is pretty bad)

BRO.

IS NOT COOL BRO.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Perfect Dark with Ram Pack.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Powergloves and virtual boys got way too expensive once Silicon Valley got in on the blessing that is retro gaming
Scrub spotted.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

P cool but video game a.d.d. and laziness for switching carts means if I owned one it would also sit on a shelf not hooked up to anything.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I remember one of the local Walmarts had Virtual Boys marked down to like $25 after a year. Honestly wish I'd grabbed one.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cage posted:

P cool but video game a.d.d. and laziness for switching carts means if I owned one it would also sit on a shelf not hooked up to anything.

All of these systems are hooked up to a RGB switch box which is currently connected to nothing because my wife refused to let me bring my old goodwill trinitron into our beautiful new house and why the hell do you have a 20 year old tv anyway

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

All of these systems are hooked up to a RGB switch box which is currently connected to nothing because my wife refused to let me bring my old goodwill trinitron into our beautiful new house and why the hell do you have a 20 year old tv anyway

I'd say divorce her but we all know you married up

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

IOwnCalculus posted:

I remember one of the local Walmarts had Virtual Boys marked down to like $25 after a year. Honestly wish I'd grabbed one.

I grabbed 6. I still have 2. Wish I didn't sell the other 4 years ago. Just sold my last BNIB Jag console this summer.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Maksimus54 posted:

I'd say divorce her but we all know you married up

drat right I did

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and look over wondering how tf I convinced her to marry me :swoon:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

keykey posted:

I really feel like this should have been the final post in that glorious thread:

I got you bro :radcat:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Even with the RAM pack Perfect Dark was really pushing the limits of what he N64 could do. If you go back and play it the frame rates are atrocious and would never fly today for a final release.

It was a kickin' rad game though.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Almost every single non-Nintendo N64 title was poo poo garbage because the PL Nintendo used for that system was stupid as gently caress and iirc they didn't give devs a whole lot of time to figure it out

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

BraveUlysses posted:

ALL Consoles are forgettable.

COME AT ME BROS

Rawrl
Mar 30, 2010

No Saturn :colbert:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Rawrl posted:

No Saturn :colbert:

It's outside :v:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Almost every single non-Nintendo N64 title was poo poo garbage because the PL Nintendo used for that system was stupid as gently caress and iirc they didn't give devs a whole lot of time to figure it out

C? Yeah, nobody's familiar with that.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I got you bro :radcat:

It's.. Beautiful. Thank you. :3:

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Had a somber beginning to the day. We went to the funeral of a friend of ours. He was only 30 years old. Stage four cancer. He fought for a few years. Had it licked too. He and his wife have three young children ranging from 5 to under two. They just got home from a trip together and on the ride home from the airport he started feeling really off. Went to the hospital to find out he was having a heart attack. He was placed in a medical induced coma so that they could get his kids and family there to say goodbye. This guy was clean living his whole life and so positive. The take away from words his wife shared was that he always said 'if you can't change it, you might as well enjoy it'.

I truly hate cancer.

Goondolences. Ive had two friends OD this year and it was hard for us to deal with. No where near as hard as what you and your friends family are going through. But it gets easier. Never better but easier. If nothing else be there for the family. When my one friend passed her little sister lost it. And a bunch of us got together and made her feel better even if only for a few hours. You just gotta remind people that life is beautiful no matter how dark it gets.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Gah, I haven't been able to have a good restful sleep for weeks now. Get tired, fall asleep easy enough around midnight, but I just keep tossing and turning from about 2-3AM on, and finally just get out of bed after about 5 or 6 hours ragged rear end tired.

Made a point of not drinking any alcohol at all for the past few days or eating snack foods either. No difference. I want to try exercising a bit more (maybe running on the treadmill for a bit in the early evenings) but I am so tired it's tough to get the energy to do it. I tried a couple of types of sleep aids (antihistamine nd Zopiclone), but all they do is make me even more exhausted in the morning. :( The wife says I'm not snoring so I don't think it's like apnea or anything like that, and I'm a stomach/side sleeper anyhow.

Also, started watching "The Crown" on Netflix with the wife. Only about 3 episodes in but it's better than I expected it to be. Production values and acting are really good.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I truly hate cancer.

gently caress cancer.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Have you tried melatonin? Best sleep aid and its natural.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Seat Safety Switch posted:

C? Yeah, nobody's familiar with that.

let me throw some technical words at you to make you think i'm smart (TT's on the other end of the dunning-kruger scale)

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

BraveUlysses posted:

Have you tried melatonin? Best sleep aid and its natural.
Actually, I am pretty sure I do have small bottle melatonin, but you know I haven't tried it in ages. Thanks for the reminder, I totally forgot about it.

As a side and I suspect you are well aware of this, keep in mind the whole "natural" thing should be taken with a grain of salt especially when it comes to supplements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

slidebite posted:

So we had some fun as this election bullshit was going on.

Getting ready for bed and hear a couple hard bangs, SMASH. Mrs. Slidebite looked out the window and yelled for me, I flew up the stairs and couldn't find her. Grabbed some clothes (I was getting ready for bed of course) and ran back in and said to call 911 repeating a plate number.

Turns out some fuckhead pulled up next to my company truck on the side of my house and smashed both front and back windows. Mrs. went outside, yelled at him, ran behind his car to get his plate, and he threw it in reverse trying to run her over. By this time 3 other neighbors were outside watching this. She jumped out of the way so she's fine.

BUT, instead of taking off, went 40' around the corner and tried to do the same thing to a neighbors car.. with my neighbors plainly watching. Took out his hatchet and started wailing on it with the handle side (??). Other neighbor from across the street yelled at him and came running over, fuckhead tried to back over him too and then took off.

End of the night and several 911 calls later, cops came by, statements taken and got some info. It looks like this guy started doing this in a totally different section of town about half hour earlier and spread to the other end of town. The cop that took our statement said something like 40 people were hit and it sounded like there was another cop doing a different bunch. Supposedly they had the guy and we'll find out more today, supposedly though my truck was the last one. I'll post a couple pics and more info later.

Jesus what a clusterfuck last night was.

Ever get any resolution to this?

• Locked thread