Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

queeb posted:

Me neither but, there's 70 people playing bounty hunt right now. doesnt bode well for this game in a month or two.
Isn't that the players in just your selected server region? As far as I understand it, the matchmaker will look for players in other servers to make a game so that even if on your server there's 70, it will pick from another 1000 in a few other servers that have similar ping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mailer posted:

It's going to suck when they nerf Tone into the ground because I don't have the accuracy to perfectly laser pilots, the anime heritage to use a sword in a suicide run, or the stubborn mindset to try to prove that Scorch is good. Will probably just pick Legion unless they also turn his bullets into marshmallows.

If they nerf Tone I'll definetly go back to using Ronin and enjoying his inexplicable ability to murder every pilot and grunt in the area while avoiding most enemy Titans like the plague.

Although I'm seeing an uptick of people playing Ronin against Titans like a boss so maybe most of us just suck with him.

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013
gently caress yeah, my Target had Tapatio Doritos with codes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Even if they nerf tone, I'll probably still use him because I like doing trick shots with salvo core

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

In Training posted:

Even if they nerf tone, I'll probably still use him because I like doing trick shots with salvo core

Yeah. I'm fine with a balance patch for Tone. OP or not it's just a fun Titan. I always prepare for the worst with nerfs though as deveopers don't seem to be able to do it without ruining the nerfed item for some reason though.

I'm trying to think of what they could do with Tone to make her less op. Maybe lower the rate of fire a little bit? Make it take an extra hit for tracking missile lock on maybe? I think the latter might be the best solution since it would force a reload between missile barrages and you couldn't spam it wholesale as much.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Lower the auto aim on the 40mm, make it so you can't get lock ons with splash damage and maybe lower the 40mm projectile speed a little? I mean Northstars railgun projectiles travel slower than the 40mm :|

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014
Has there been any documented video of the 40mm having actual auto aim? As far as I know the tracker part refers to the shells creating locks, not having any sort of auto aim assistance, and none of the more "sweet jesus how are you already this good at the game?" players I've been on discord with have been complaining about 40mm auto aiming, just about the 40mm hitbox/Tone's sonar/her rockets/etc.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It has autoaim on console like any other gun, it doesn't have autoaim on PC.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

After many many rounds with Tone (PS4) I don't feel like there is any problem with the Autoaim and it would actually be really stupid to take that away.

Like, almost every titan one shots a pilot anyways and hitting a Titan is like hitting the broadside of a barn. Making it so it was a bitch to hit pilots on console would be bad.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 12, 2016

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I really should learn someone besides Legion

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I can't use legion worth dick for some reason.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I silently (and not silently) judge everyone who uses legion.

and use Tone exclusively

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

veni veni veni posted:

Although I'm seeing an uptick of people playing Ronin against Titans like a boss so maybe most of us just suck with him.

Most of what I've seen tonight is Ronin/Legion. It's a winning strategy because Legion pops solo NPC-farming titans around the map and Ronin is really good when everyone is lagged out. Being locked to xbone play in your country is cool and fun.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I really think legion is balanced after playing against lots of legions. Their mobility is hosed if they are firing their gun, and most other classes can just boost away and flank.

Tone though, hoo boy am I getting sick of seeing tone.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008
I have a some promotional codes that are good for both a coliseum mode ticket and Buffalo Wild Wings nose art combined. If anyone is interested in a code, I'm looking to sell them for $2 a pop. Save yourself the shame of having to shovel down BWW in front of your friends/family/strangers and then having to ask the poor wait staff for your vidja game shame code and let me help you out! Shoot me a PM if interested.

Biggus Duckus
Feb 13, 2012

m.hache posted:

If I drop my titan on a Bounty does it instant kill it? I'm pretty sure that just happened to me today.

Yes but you only get 25% or so of the bounty if you crush it with a Titanfall.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

puppy party posted:

I have a some promotional codes that are good for both a coliseum mode ticket and Buffalo Wild Wings nose art combined. If anyone is interested in a code, I'm looking to sell them for $2 a pop. Save yourself the shame of having to shovel down BWW in front of your friends/family/strangers and then having to ask the poor wait staff for your vidja game shame code and let me help you out! Shoot me a PM if interested.

I'll start the bidding at $3.50/ea or $10 for all 3. These aren't the stolen codes that'll get me banned right, can you scan the receipt too?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Knifegrab posted:

I really think legion is balanced after playing against lots of legions. Their mobility is hosed if they are firing their gun, and most other classes can just boost away and flank.

This is why i gave him the turbo dash. No one expects him to come screaming around a corner, already firing his minigun.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

They should make Northstar's railgun like Widowmaker's rifle in Overwatch: Machinegun when you're not using ADS and Railgun when you are. I want to get back into using Northstar but she absolutely sucks when it comes to taking out Mooks unless you waste the Cluster missile and that's where a lot of my points come from.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Make Northstar as strong as BT is with the Northstar kit.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014
It occurs to me, if electric smoke can stop static thermite damage (that is, if a titan has been hit by a firestar or presumably Scorch's thermite launcher, electric smoke will cleanse your titan of it), it should totally be able to interfere with locks from Tone's tracking rockets (or lock-ons in general, really.)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Exposure posted:

It occurs to me, if electric smoke can stop static thermite damage (that is, if a titan has been hit by a firestar or presumably Scorch's thermite launcher, electric smoke will cleanse your titan of it), it should totally be able to interfere with locks from Tone's tracking rockets (or lock-ons in general, really.)

This is a drat good idea.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I have regened scortch. He's my fav but weak, people have finally realised hes useless at range, so now I've switching to ion.

His reload is painful and hardly worth the tradeoff for his aoe. Direct hits dont do anywhere near enough damage.

However fewer things are more fun than flanking a couple Titans in a chokepoint and cleansing them in righteous fire.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

a real chump posted:

I have regened scortch. He's my fav but weak, people have finally realised hes useless at range, so now I've switching to ion.

His reload is painful and hardly worth the tradeoff for his aoe. Direct hits dont do anywhere near enough damage.

However fewer things are more fun than flanking a couple Titans in a chokepoint and cleansing them in righteous fire.
I find he's also really bad at killing Reapers relative to the other titans I've used a fair amount. That said, he's my highest titan by a pretty good margin.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Exposure posted:

E Smoke already stops Archer locks, don't know if it affects Tone locks but I agree that it should.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Not pictured: the VICTORY screen popping up right after

Not enough titanfall.com/dropatitanonit itt

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Maybe I just really want this game to succeed and am being optimistic but I think with x-mas, it being $35, word of mouth, and people getting sick of IW/BF1 it'll pick up a lot of momentum in the next few months

But yeah PC is anyone's guess tbh. I'm talking more console

idk if that dudes really trying to sell BWW promo codes but you can buy as many as you want for like $1 a pop, maybe less, on eBay

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 12, 2016

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

teh_Broseph posted:

Not enough titanfall.com/dropatitanonit itt

I read this URL as ending with "drop a tit on it"

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Insert name here posted:

E Smoke already stops Archer locks, don't know if it affects Tone locks but I agree that it should.

It will mask any current locks but you won't lose them (like the icon on your screen will disappear), I'm pretty sure. You won't lose the lock and you can still get more with direct hits, but I think you need to use the sonar pulse to get it to appear on your screen again.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

housefly posted:

I read this URL as ending with "drop a tit on it"

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Northstar and Ronin are too squishy, Reapers are still dumb remove them.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Shittin up the thread with more gifs! gently caress climbing animations, sometimes vortex is cool, and apparently you can grapple off the planes. Whoever asked about makin gifs earlier I'm on PC and just do the Win10 built in 'record that' thing then throw it on gfycat and copy out the .webm address. Someone else does imgur stuff that I think looks/loads better, dunno the chain on that.

https://fat.gfycat.com/SatisfiedCircularCricket.webm
https://giant.gfycat.com/MeanHeftyAmurminnow.webm
https://fat.gfycat.com/RespectfulGraciousJabiru.webm
https://giant.gfycat.com/ExhaustedUnitedGiantschnauzer.webm

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

i think those gifs could be a bit bigger mate

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

idk why tone gets 5 bars of health and ronin gets 3. Tone works from a million miles away and has a deployable shield. Ronin has a poo poo sword block. Every 1v1 with ronin is mutually assured destruction cause even if you get the execution off you're gonna get murked immediately after.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a real chump posted:

His reload is painful and hardly worth the tradeoff for his aoe.

Thermite launcher needs to be three shots to a magazine instead of one, yeah.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Google Butt posted:

i think those gifs could be a bit bigger mate

Idk what I'm doing, after some googling I still couldn't figure out how to make em draw better in a browser without lookin like poo poo. Love to know how if there's an easy bettah way

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Thermite launcher needs to be three shots to a magazine instead of one, yeah.

Scorch would be so broken if this were the case. Unless you also reduced the damage of each shot.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Knifegrab posted:

Scorch would be so broken if this were the case. Unless you also reduced the damage of each shot.
Three would be overkill, but it needs something to give it an overall +ROF.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

idk if that dudes really trying to sell BWW promo codes but you can buy as many as you want for like $1 a pop, maybe less, on eBay
I got mine for free on reddit, people have probably given tons of codes there.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

teh_Broseph posted:

Idk what I'm doing, after some googling I still couldn't figure out how to make em draw better in a browser without lookin like poo poo. Love to know how if there's an easy bettah way

https://giphy.com/create/gifmaker

Your giant gifs are killing my browser dawg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Elysiume posted:

I got mine for free on reddit, people have probably given tons of codes there.

Oh yeah, they do. One guy had 7,500 I think. But you're also dealing with a mob of people that are worse and more cheap than the vultures in the deals subforum so