Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Augus
Mar 9, 2015

What time do the episodes go up on Crunchyroll? I need Vegito.

EDIT: Never mind, 9:15 EST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"Off to namek. *fwish* They say their balls won't work until next year! WHAT AM I GONNA DO?!"

Use the Time Ring :twisted:

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
Just have Buu eat em and then spit em out.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

SirDrone posted:

Just have Buu eat em and then spit em out.

people keep saying this like Buu is going to do anything other people ask him to do

Buu is a little shitlord he doesn't play nice with anyone

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
They got out fine last time

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Kelp Plankton posted:

people keep saying this like Buu is going to do anything other people ask him to do

What if Hercule asks?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

In retrospect the "I never trained" thing helps sell why Frieza was important despite there being dozens of dudes stronger than him at any given time. He was absurdly and insanely powerful without putting an iota of effort into it and if he got real serious then he was literally godlike.

Outside of literal demons and gods, there wasn't anyone stronger than him in the normal universe who's name wasn't a disney reference in hibernation. He was a fat neet was better than anyone else alive in the normal sense who when he decided to do a half asses effort in self improvement almost became a literal god in way less than a year. If he had decided to take his time and do tedious work outs and stamina training he'd have sent Whis packing.

He's just that arrogant and lazy, despite being the most talented fighter in any existence.

BizarroAzrael posted:

He did have to die a few times though.
Goku literally drove him insane

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 12, 2016

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Straight up: this is why my head keeps going "Vegitto won't be able to defuse, thus fighting in the Multiverse Tournament will be for the sake of a defusing wish", because I want awkward Vegitto slice of life episodes.

I want Future Trunks to fight in the multiversal tournament to wish back everyone Zamasu (and possibly even the Androids, but that might be too far) killed or something, so gently caress Vegitto using that wish. He can do it the next year or something.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Vegitto slice of life episodes would be tops. I want him to canon split because Vegeta's half of the personality is sick of Chi-chi yelling at him to farm.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

StrifeHira posted:

What if Hercule asks?

hercule has to beg buu and bribe him to get him to do basic things

the only thing that makes him have more ability to control buu than other people is he has chefs and money and therefore lots of food

buu is basically beerus but like 6 years old

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Vegito will be the friend Goku has to play with Zeno-sama.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

Its also worth mentioning that Fatass has never demonstrated the ability to absorb people. Absorption was something the evil, super and kid versions did, but Mr. Buu is never shown absorbing anyone. Considering he is an offshoot its possible he lacks the ability to do so entirely.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Isn't the current form because he absorbed a Kai that acted exactly like this? I'm pretty sure it's just a thing Buu can always do.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Momomo posted:

Isn't the current form because he absorbed a Kai that acted exactly like this? I'm pretty sure it's just a thing Buu can always do.

Buu pretty much has all the powers.

Makes me wonder why he is so obsessed with finding candy and desserts? He could just transform some rocks into cake or make candy out of nothing. Honestly I think he enjoys being a pain in the rear end more than he enjoys the actual candy.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what if there were like 4 gods of destruction running around universe 7 before buu ate a bunch of supreme kais

also I still think zeno separating vegito is a good bet, tho I do want to see how he'd spend his time when there was nothing to fight

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Hmm. Beerus is purple, so is the Supreme Kai and the Elder Kai. Maybe there really were more Gods of Destruction before Buu. Beerus just hasn't mentioned them because the writers didn't need that to be a plot point yet or haven't thought of it.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Reinanigans posted:

Hmm. Beerus is purple, so is the Supreme Kai and the Elder Kai. Maybe there really were more Gods of Destruction before Buu. Beerus just hasn't mentioned them because the writers didn't need that to be a plot point yet or haven't thought of it.

But the Kaioshin from Universe 6 weren't purple, so I don't know where you're going with this.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXO-NQfFbbw

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

This is art. Throwing up the android, best part.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
brutal

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
New episode: Apparently, Trunks gives as many fucks about power levels as he does about gods and time travel: Zero. Get bisected, son!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

So delightfully stupid. :thumbsup:

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Shinjobi posted:

So delightfully stupid. :thumbsup:

That's my review of the newest episode too.

Trunks channeling Kuwabara was great, but boy did that come out of left field.

Also, can someone explain why Vegito unfused? I missed most of the first half of the episode, so I don't know if it was explained there, but I can't speak Japanese anyway so whatever. Can't wait for the subs for this one.

Zamasu
Nov 4, 2016

I'm just being self-absorbed.
It doesn't matter if no one's listening.

I've slightly altered my stance on murdering all humans. These guys can live.

Don't be a pussy, Gohan.

Zamasu fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 13, 2016

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Also, can someone explain why Vegito unfused? I missed most of the first half of the episode, so I don't know if it was explained there, but I can't speak Japanese anyway so whatever. Can't wait for the subs for this one.

Potara fusion has a time limit when used by non-Kais.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
But that isn't true.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

That's my review of the newest episode too.

Trunks channeling Kuwabara was great, but boy did that come out of left field.

New episode spoilers
They just retconned it so that non-kais only stay fused for an hour.

Except there's the 'he's soooooo powerful so the fusion lasts for less time thing' from the Fusion dance that also now applies to Potato fusion apparently.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

lol trunks thinks vegeta and goku have gattai'd before

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Pureauthor posted:

New episode spoilers

Except there's the 'he's soooooo powerful so the fusion lasts for less time thing' from the Fusion dance that also now applies to Potato fusion apparently.

Why didn't they just use Gogeta rather than give Vegito all the same bullshit weaknesses?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Why didn't they just use Gogeta rather than give Vegito all the same bullshit weaknesses?

Well you can claim Vegeta doesn't know the fusion dance and it would take too long etc etc but the real reason is that Vegetto is more popular and more hype, and therefore draws more views.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Well......that's.......really stupid. What the gently caress is gonna happen now? Now they're just rushing through every trope there is in one saga

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Pureauthor posted:

Well you can claim Vegeta doesn't know the fusion dance and it would take too long etc etc but the real reason is that Vegetto is more popular and more hype, and therefore draws more views.

yeah pretty much

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Using the Genki Dama as a sword owns

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
On the one hand, that is really dumb.

On the other hand, there are an infinite amount more people than I losing their poo poo over this, so I'm gonna say I'm okay with it. Reactions like I'm seeing on /a/ are usually worth it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Trunks encouraging people so much they spontaneously create the Genki Dama which he forms into a giant sword and uses to kill an evil god is the most fanfictiony thing ever and it kind of owns.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CharlestheHammer posted:

But that isn't true.

How so, we never saw anything that contradicts this. Hell this would explain why they unfused a little after Buu ate them

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I am just hyped to see SSJ Blue Kaio Ken used again. Nerfing Vegitto is lame as hell, but it was made up for by Trunks owning so hard.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Pureauthor posted:

New episode spoilers

More new episode stuff: Narratively, this was Trunks' fight to win. Vegita gave him poo poo about not being willing to fight Black on his own, relying on himself and Goku to come in and save him. Someone (maybe Vegita again?) also mentioned he probably didn't need the sword any more. Also:

ImpAtom posted:

Trunks encouraging people so much they spontaneously create the Genki Dama which he forms into a giant sword and uses to kill an evil god is the most fanfictiony thing ever and it kind of owns.

This.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MonsterEnvy posted:

How so, we never saw anything that contradicts this. Hell this would explain why they unfused a little after Buu ate them

The Old Kia said so and there is no reason for him to lie or not know it.

Now had Supreme Kai said it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Now I do like the ending tho, even if it feels like it's rehashing a bit.

• Locked thread