Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

cams posted:

So, the way the 200% xp boost works is that everyone just has permanent rested basically?

Rested XP is just for killing mobs, it doesn't affect quest, PvP, flashpoint, etc XP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

cams posted:

So, the way the 200% xp boost works is that everyone just has permanent rested basically?

edit: i think this is wrong now. trying to figure out how much xp i am missing out on, total, as a non-sub

An irrelevant amount. Rushing through the story without a subscription still leaves you well ahead of the curve.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

sassassin posted:

An irrelevant amount. Rushing through the story without a subscription still leaves you well ahead of the curve.

It's not irrelevant if you're trying to level 8 classes for DvL though. Can hit 50 without even getting your ship.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Slim Killington posted:

I would've killed so many companions. So many. Kaliyo, Aric, Bowdaar, Guss, Tharan, Nadia, Corso, Jaesa, Lokin, Mako. I hate all of them. Terrible character writing.

Bowdaar is my brodaar you loving monster

I really need to find some vibroswords that don't look like those stupid training glowsticks that starting Force users get.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cathar Honor Sword! Sword of the Vigilant! Classic Vibrosword!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Slim Killington posted:

I would've killed so many companions. So many. Kaliyo, Aric, Bowdaar, Guss, Tharan, Nadia, Corso, Jaesa, Lokin, Mako. I hate all of them. Terrible character writing.

I would have romanced the hell out of Nadia had same sex options been part of the original game. I just want to pinch her cheeks but would hate to smudge her face lines

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
More like Bonaar haha

I drank too much this evening

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I think it depends on which Jaesa you pick from. That was one of my biggest memories of this game. Jaesa is unique because her character is dependent on your alignment choices. When playing together in the story, my brother went for the "Let's sith poo poo up to 11", having a Jaesa who found the discovery of dark side murder, and really, really likes it. I decided to go the other route without any information and I got a complete surprise.

Light Side Warrior is one of the best Star Wars rides i've played, and i'm counting Tie Fighter. Instead of "gently caress you, let me just murder you because dark side", you get "Okay, so I beat you, and you work for me now" or "You're a jedi, but you want to kill me? Guess you skipped a few classes.If you're such a stickler for rules, you shouldn't fight me, and I have the information I need, ssssooo I'm out"

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Nov 12, 2016

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Yeah, making the evil choices for a lot of BioWare games is usually cartoonish and funny, but light side Warrior felt cool for being able to convince Jedi/Republic people of your personal mission's righteousness and kind of work against or to change the Empire from inside.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If Sith Warrior had stealth it would be near perfect.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Subtlety is not the Warrior's strong point.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
If Warrior only had more opportunities for mind games after first chapter, because those were great moments.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I've been playing my Smuggler as generally doing the right thing but having no time for traitors and hitting on anything vaguely feminine and it's been pretty consistent with the options presented. Mostly light, a little dark and a girl in every port :heysexy:

It got harder to be a shameless space pirate when your reward is like 200 creds or a mediocre gear piece when you're rolling six figures deep before leaving the capital world. Turns out that crime pays, it just can't keep up with inflation.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Nov 12, 2016

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Sticking to a character concept is so much more fun than picking choices based on light/dark.

One of my favorites was a bounty hunter who I played as a problem-solver above all else, like when stuff goes out of control in your neighborhood he's the dude you call to clean up the mess. He was generally a good guy, tried to resolve things peacefully so as not to create any new problems, but absolutely did not tolerate loose ends. If somebody seemed too unstable he'd take them out. Any time somebody said something like "this isn't over!" He'd be like, "ahhh, you shouldn't have said that..." *BLAM* There were some really good scenes that came out of that.

The only real flaw in that story was of course loving Skadge. No way that psycho would have made it onto my ship in one piece if there was any say in it.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

GuyUpNorth posted:

If Warrior only had more opportunities for mind games after first chapter, because those were great moments.

Those are my favorites. It's repeatedly brought up that Sith are master manipulators, yet it's more often shown the psychotic Sith that would be lucky to fake out an akk dog with a pretend throw of a ball. It's sad really that the writers missed some prime gold with not showing more manipulation options.

McSpanky posted:

I've been playing my Smuggler as generally doing the right thing but having no time for traitors and hitting on anything vaguely feminine and it's been pretty consistent with the options presented. Mostly light, a little dark and a girl in every port :heysexy:

It got harder to be a shameless space pirate when your reward is like 200 creds or a mediocre gear piece when you're rolling six figures deep before leaving the capital world. Turns out that crime pays, it just can't keep up with inflation.

In my playing a Smuggler who's all about the credits, they've generally ended up neutral with maybe a slight lean towards darkside until you don't really get dark side points for choosing the "Pay me...In Credits!" option. I wasn't crazy on the patriotic privateer angle that came up because my Smugglers genuinely looked at the Republic as a private pool of credits where they had swimming privileges.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Sticking to a character concept is so much more fun than picking choices based on light/dark.

One of my favorites was a bounty hunter who I played as a problem-solver above all else, like when stuff goes out of control in your neighborhood he's the dude you call to clean up the mess. He was generally a good guy, tried to resolve things peacefully so as not to create any new problems, but absolutely did not tolerate loose ends. If somebody seemed too unstable he'd take them out. Any time somebody said something like "this isn't over!" He'd be like, "ahhh, you shouldn't have said that..." *BLAM* There were some really good scenes that came out of that.

The only real flaw in that story was of course loving Skadge. No way that psycho would have made it onto my ship in one piece if there was any say in it.

I did similar with my Bounty Hunters and it worked out really well until Skadge. It was jarring for my Hunters who were badasses that had shot people for less essentially wussing out to Skadge's bulling his way onto the ship especially as they were all ready to shoot him at the first chance for being more of a hindrance than anything during the storyline. I even made a point to be rude as gently caress to Skadge on each of my Hunters and he either just got angry or thought she was complimenting him. However I will admit that Gault referring to Skadge as 'the angry tumor' did make me smirk in KotFE.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
LS Warrior, bug gently caress crazy female DS Inquisitor are my favorites. Murder and mayhem await!

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

ahhh, down to just needing hm blood hunt and the rakghoul event one to finish legendary. I'm sure I can get blood hunt done, but I'm not so sure if rakghoul is gonna run again.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

phosdex posted:

ahhh, down to just needing hm blood hunt and the rakghoul event one to finish legendary. I'm sure I can get blood hunt done, but I'm not so sure if rakghoul is gonna run again.

Next week. :) Blood Hunt HM is a crappy, hard rear end HM. Good luck.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Medullah posted:

Next week. :)

I hope so. I've seen conflicting info on it. Thought it was going to be this week and then some reddit guy said CS told him it wasn't running again until next year.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

How much should I expect to pay for a senya pike saber? There is one on AH for 150m but I'm figuring it's over priced since it's been up for days unbought and is about to run out of auction time.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

cheesetriangles posted:

How much should I expect to pay for a senya pike saber? There is one on AH for 150m but I'm figuring it's over priced since it's been up for days unbought and is about to run out of auction time.

I wouldn't expect to pay less than 120 million.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Medullah posted:

I wouldn't expect to pay less than 120 million.

120m is fine but I figured that 150m one was too high.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If you see one up for something stupid you can sometimes message the seller and make a best offer. I got mine for 105 million using that strategy when the guy had it listed for 200 million.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Chickenwalker posted:

If you see one up for something stupid you can sometimes message the seller and make a best offer. I got mine for 105 million using that strategy when the guy had it listed for 200 million.

This. Since the seller takes a 20% tax from the GTN, oftentimes they'll just sell it to you for cheaper than listed.

Ultimately, I'd wait til the next pack comes out - I'm sure it'll be like the Arbiter's and Defiant Vented sabers which dropped sub 100 million as more packs were released that had them.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Is there any way to get to Odessen without running the KOTFE chain? I already did it on one character and have zero desire to do it again, but I have data crystals I want to dump.

I'm assuming come expansion I'll be able to jump into the KOTET chain with the mission console at least.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Mortanis posted:

Is there any way to get to Odessen without running the KOTFE chain? I already did it on one character and have zero desire to do it again, but I have data crystals I want to dump.

I'm assuming come expansion I'll be able to jump into the KOTET chain with the mission console at least.

You can use the legacy teleport ability.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mortanis posted:

No Pants posted:

You can use the legacy teleport ability.

To clarify, once you hit level 55 you can unlock an ability in your Legacy (Y by default) "character perks" for "priority transport: odessan" for 200k.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Aleth posted:

Subtlety is not the Warrior's strong point.

Maybe not your warrior.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Medullah posted:

Well no sense arguing about ability bloat anymore.

Sombrerotron, I sent Loveboat the Lightsaber Pike.

Chickenwalker, Dely Tronic, and Aleth post which item you want from the guild bank.

Everything else I'm selling for meth.
Little late, but I got the pike! Thanks!

Unfortunately my beautiful agent cannot actually use it so it'll have to go to an alt, but not before he's at least posed with it:

~~so dreamy~~

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Sombrerotron posted:

Little late, but I got the pike! Thanks!

Unfortunately my beautiful agent cannot actually use it so it'll have to go to an alt, but not before he's at least posed with it:

~~so dreamy~~

It does work well with that dress.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Chickenwalker posted:

This is one of the cornerstones of my GTN empire and tends to be more successful than not. It never hurts to ask anyways.

I feel like the Pawn Stars - Yeah you could sell it on the GTN but that'll take days and the GTN will take its cut anyways or you could CoD it to me and have your money in an hour. :smuggo:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Started a character on Harbinger since a friend started there. Broke, so I bought a Supercrate that was on sale in the chance of getting a few chance cubes to get some capital.

Defiant Vented Saber drop. Woohoo.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

Started a character on Harbinger since a friend started there. Broke, so I bought a Supercrate that was on sale in the chance of getting a few chance cubes to get some capital.

Defiant Vented Saber drop. Woohoo.

You must have the blessing of the creator!

(that's not a thing)

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Mortanis posted:

You can also be summoned to Odessen by anyone in a guild who has the rank to use the flagship summon ability.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
I've been playing again off and on, and I just realized the Dark vs Light event ends soon, and kinda wanna get those achievements and rewards. I got the first two tiers, and it looks like the next tier is to do KOTFE stuff.

I haven't done KOTFE stuff yet, and I'm wondering if it's worth doing if I'm still in Chapter 1 with my character, if I also want to experience the rest of the base story. Is it even possible to go back later? I don't care about 'immersion' or whatever, but I want to go back and get the companions and experience it at least.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Aw man, there's no way I can grind out Eternal before the end of the month.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Comic posted:

I've been playing again off and on, and I just realized the Dark vs Light event ends soon, and kinda wanna get those achievements and rewards. I got the first two tiers, and it looks like the next tier is to do KOTFE stuff.

I haven't done KOTFE stuff yet, and I'm wondering if it's worth doing if I'm still in Chapter 1 with my character, if I also want to experience the rest of the base story. Is it even possible to go back later? I don't care about 'immersion' or whatever, but I want to go back and get the companions and experience it at least.

You can't go back to class story, companion story lines, or Shadow of Revan. That said, I'd try to get Champion tier done before 11/29, even if you skip some original story. You can always create a new alt to run through the story, and having the XP armor will make it super easy. Wearing it with zero mods will take you through the story just fine, even PvP and tactical flashpoints.

On a tangent, I was PvPing with my new Sniper on Harbinger at level 25ish, wearing just the XP armor. Some dude in the warzone was flipping out that I didn't have mods in my gear, shouting in ops chat that I was going to cost us the match. I looked at his "fully modded" gear and bolster actually gave me better stats in my naked gear than he had in his full set. Ah, pubbies. (We won, of course)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Twelve Elves posted:

Aw man, there's no way I can grind out Eternal before the end of the month.

Assuming it's just a "You don't have time to play the game" thing. I'd say you could start at zero right now and get to Eternal in about 20 hours of gameplay if you space bar through everything.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Medullah posted:

You can't go back to class story, companion story lines, or Shadow of Revan. That said, I'd try to get Champion tier done before 11/29, even if you skip some original story. You can always create a new alt to run through the story, and having the XP armor will make it super easy. Wearing it with zero mods will take you through the story just fine, even PvP and tactical flashpoints.

On a tangent, I was PvPing with my new Sniper on Harbinger at level 25ish, wearing just the XP armor. Some dude in the warzone was flipping out that I didn't have mods in my gear, shouting in ops chat that I was going to cost us the match. I looked at his "fully modded" gear and bolster actually gave me better stats in my naked gear than he had in his full set. Ah, pubbies. (We won, of course)

Thanks, I think I'll mainline my way through the story then to be done particularly quickly before starting KOTFE. I was taking my time, admiring the sights, getting all the lore bits and achievements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Comic posted:

Thanks, I think I'll mainline my way through the story then to be done particularly quickly before starting KOTFE. I was taking my time, admiring the sights, getting all the lore bits and achievements.

Almost all of the lore bits and achievements can be gotten if you go back later - it's only the class stories and the previous expansion stories that you get locked out of.
The only lore items I know that are permanently missable are some lovely ones inside of class story instances. There's a Consular one on Corellia I'm missing.

• Locked thread