Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

TheDarkFlame posted:

A medic robot that can only transform into a leg being called Ambulon is kinda great.

Also, not being a Transformers nerd, I can tell just from what's been linked in this thread that the Transformers wiki is a deeply thorough and dedicated labour of love, and a hefty percentage of that wiki is dumb absurd unbelievable poo poo.

Wheelie's entry is mandatory reading http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Wheelie_(G1)

But my favorite is this one http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Terrorcon_(Prime)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

dragon_pamcake posted:

Wheelie's entry is mandatory reading http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Wheelie_(G1)

But my favorite is this one http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Terrorcon_(Prime)

Yeah,those are both hilarious. I also like the Predaking one,mostly because the captions remind me of Beowulf or something along those lines.

Edit: I am a dumb. It's actually from The Hobbit,AKA the one Tolkien book I didn't read. Mostly because the movies put me off of it.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 12, 2016

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

VolticSurge posted:

Yeah,those are both hilarious. I also like the Predaking one,mostly because the captions remind me of Beowulf or something along those lines.

Edit: I am a dumb. It's actually from The Hobbit,AKA the one Tolkien book I didn't read. Mostly because the movies put me off of it.

The book of the Hobbit is a lot better than the movies.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

IMO it's better than the LotR books as well, though it's tough to compare them. Hobbit is a children's story, and LotR is an epic with a much bigger scope.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I remember sitting awake throughout the night on my bed when I was seven or eight, on a school night, devouring The Hobbit just in time to go to school and sleep through most of the day. Ruined my sleep for a week. To my great nerd shame, I find Tolkein way too dry now.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

No one should feel shame at moving on from Tolkien, unless they moved on to fighty-machine-man cartoons.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Doc Hawkins posted:

No one should feel shame at moving on from Tolkien, unless they moved on to fighty-machine-man cartoons.

You talk as though this isn't high art

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Orv posted:

I remember sitting awake throughout the night on my bed when I was seven or eight, on a school night, devouring The Hobbit just in time to go to school and sleep through most of the day. Ruined my sleep for a week. To my great nerd shame, I find Tolkein way too dry now.

One of the first books I remember is Hobbit. Me and my brother on dad's lap as he read to us and we happily pointed out words we recognized like "the".

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

PoptartsNinja posted:

You talk as though this isn't high art

I mean only as insomuch as this is.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Roboky if you don't start going "Ora Ora" on enemies at the end of your vehicle charges, I'm going to be disappointed.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Now this mention of Bumblebee just taking Devastator's drill hands wholesale has me imagine that itty-bitty little crackfiend with these massive loving drills as big as he is.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm pretty sure Roboky would appear in my house through force of will and supermurder me if I spoiled things.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Onmi posted:

Roboky if you don't start going "Ora Ora" on enemies at the end of your vehicle charges, I'm going to be disappointed.

Would "Muda Muda Muda" also be acceptable?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Clearly it would be Vroom Vroom and other pretending to play with toy cars noises :3:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

quote:

Notes

According to James Roberts, Ambulon wasn't his original name, but he sticks to it because someone else we know goes by that name too.[2]
According to James Roberts, Ambulon is the only name he's ever had.[3]

Delirare
Sep 27, 2015

Fellbat posted:

At least the tune's catchy.

Oh, and to maybe trigger some memories about all those big fighting robots I started to watch the War for Cybertron vids. Coolguye, RoboKy, could you please fiddle around with the settings for episode 6 Defend Iacon a bit? Youtube is pretty adamant about it not being available in my country, for no further declared reasons.

Is there any kind of backstory to this game or just '80's cartoon the game, you'll figure it out'?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Fellbat posted:

Bakshi is kind of a whole other animal, though.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I can take a look at the War videos. I haven't touched them in years so I'm not clear what's up there.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Delirare posted:

Is there any kind of backstory to this game or just '80's cartoon the game, you'll figure it out'?

Technically yes,but the game basically exists to set up the Combiner Wars Storyline. Or so I've heard,anyway.

Green Intern posted:

Bakshi is kind of a whole other animal, though.

Indeed.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 13, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
Bakshi is incredible. I once had the brilliant idea to watch it while running a 102F fever and it was great.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
I could talk shop about animation all day (Bakshi was one of a few animators who had the freedom to be an artist, which is part of the problem- he got to make anything no matter how puerile or politically complicated) which is why I'll stand by transformers animated, haters be damned, very few things in Transformers have been simultaneously well animated and at least decently written.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Section Z posted:

Clearly it would be Vroom Vroom and other pretending to play with toy cars noises :3:

No I don't mean making the noise. One of the purchased abilities lets you enter a rush at the end of a combo. It's basically this games Red Hot 100.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Ramming robots in the taint. Let's play Transformers: Devastation

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Bruceski posted:

Ramming robots in the taint. Let's play Transformers: Devastation

this also works with the thread icon

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh boy, Devastation! Love this game. I always thought the guns were lame and only useful for potshotting distant enemies, then I saw the 1 armed speedrun of the game.
I'm not sure if it requires something like a move upgrade, but I distinctly recall there being an awesome QTE in the Devastator fight in the latest episode. Am I misremembering?

I have distant memories of G1 reruns airing long after the original show had ended, so I enjoy seeing all the classic stuff, but I'm still a Beast Wars lover at heart. But the only Transformers series I earnestly watched after the 2000s was... Energon.
It was so stupid and bad. I just couldn't stop watching.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Also, blanking. Did Roboky show off that you Parry Devastator's drill missile and then throw it right back at him?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also you can't hear some of it too well in the videos, but the OST is in this game is good.

Listen to the Megatron battle theme.

https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dc40lSZh6oz4

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Onmi posted:

Also, blanking. Did Roboky show off that you Parry Devastator's drill missile and then throw it right back at him?

I didn't have Parry at the time and when I bought it, it didn't actually save it after I did! THANKS GAME.

Doing test-runs with another character I did it against Bonecrusher.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Episode 3Youtube | Polsy

A new character added to the characters section, you can probably tell who it is.

Just a short video this week cause at the time I was struggling with the flu. I'm wrong about a few things for Wheeljack but I mostly put that down to a combination of me still being flu'd up at the time and also just not ever really using him much.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

For posterity:

(we love you guys)

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Bruceski posted:

For posterity:

(we love you guys)

I didn't realise it but they're doing the Coolguye whiff themselves.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Game knows game.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

TheLastRoboKy posted:

It's pretty much just a salute at this point.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

If Wheeljack is Claptrap,who is Torgue?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

VolticSurge posted:

Blitzwing likes explosions and sports.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

VolticSurge posted:

Warpath.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
This episode:

Wheeljerk does a lot of dick punches.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

VolticSurge posted:

Who else turns into a giant robot T-Rex with a flamethrower? It's clearly Grimlock.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Blitzwing likes explosions and sports.

Blitzwing is not, however, very GOOD at sports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Veloxyll posted:

Blitzwing is not, however, very GOOD at sports.

But he has a lot of heart!

(Warpath would probably be better just for his voice)

• Locked thread