Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

is the combat about the same as the platinum demo? lock on two button combat that you hold to attack or dodge continuously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

This game has gotten way smoother and the camera is sooo much better than the demos. I suddenly got extremely excited for XV again

that makes me really happy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

is the combat about the same as the platinum demo? lock on two button combat that you hold to attack or dodge continuously?

Yeah but there's a lot more you're doing with your party members and the warp ability which was barely used in the platinum demo from what I remember.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
lol, i totally forgot about that cid design

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i didnt

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

me neither

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a war crime that the localizers changed her name to Cindy

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

Are you loving kidding me

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

PleasingFungus posted:

lol, i totally forgot about that cid design

i sure as hell didn't

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

:eyepop:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

this pile of crap better get a pc port

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Epic Win.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ok but weheres the nintendo switch screenshot

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

What in the gently caress

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i cant process it as cindy, my mind corrects it as i read it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The berserk cave boss in bravely second is stupid.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

Yeah but there's a lot more you're doing with your party members and the warp ability which was barely used in the platinum demo from what I remember.

neat and nice.

folder
Oct 9, 2016

In Training posted:

Oh my God he takes photos while you're playing whenever something badass happens and when you rest to distribute XP it also brings up a camera roll of everything and let's you save the PNGs to your hard drive.

i hope you get to see the final album during the credits

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

I'm about to play II, which is the best version (apart from PSX)?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

this pile of crap better get a pc port

Five in Russia
Oct 11, 2003

woofbro posted:

I'm about to play II, which is the best version (apart from PSX)?

I think the PSP version is the best

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh snap son. Ninja's passive applies to triple/quad wield weapons as well :stare: RIght now im rocking 2 ninjas with triple wield, multitask and barrage, toss in some elemental boosts with Shamanism in the second slot, and a some choice astrologian first round buffs and this party is a one and done boss melting team. I get kinda messed up when theres more than like 3 enemies in random encounters though.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I'm hyped for XV. Haven't played an FF since X (started XII but got distracted by alcoholism)

The part in the Platinum demo where you shrink down was totally unexpected, I'm looking forward to the variety of settings and scenarios this game is gonna have.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I hope you are only addicted to games now

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXJFbsQBvLw

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I love running around pretty towns doing time wasting side stuff... seems like a win-win to me.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I think I'll really enjoy this game, but the one thing that gets to me is how, allegedly, the car is basically totally on rails, you don't even control acceleration a lot of the time, and you have to load whenever you enter/exit it. I get that the Chocobos are better for off-road stuff but that still seems weird to me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Really? It was my understanding that the car was the airship because they've shown it take flight in some promo videos. Also in the demo you can ram it into oncoming traffic if you want

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

In Training posted:

Really? It was my understanding that the car was the airship because they've shown it take flight in some promo videos. Also in the demo you can ram it into oncoming traffic if you want

oh i want

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Getting worried that I wont finish Bravely Second before pokemon on friday...I think im near the end of chapter III but I dont know how many chapters are in the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Exorcist class is so sick. You can do some crazy saves if you have him defaulted up and rewind like 4 different actions at once

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

I'm going to watch 10 minutes of kingsglaive every day until ffxv drops

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Thinking about the world where Spirits Within was a big success and decided that's the world I wanna be in.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

The Exorcist class is so sick. You can do some crazy saves if you have him defaulted up and rewind like 4 different actions at once

Posts about bravely default always sound absolutely insane. I love it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Posts about bravely default always sound absolutely insane. I love it

I'm trying to thon it today before Pokemon arrives tomorrow so I'll be posting periodically about it. I wanna see the end, I feel like I'm close but I also expect some screwball game addition like they did with the first one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hard mode has been really cool too, because the first half of the game had lots of tense resource management struggles and squeaking out victories, but once you got through the first 1.5 chapters you could start making one hit kill death squads like the first game, but also nearly every random encounter at this point in the game (chapter 4) can one shot me as well if I'm not careful. Everybody is a super Saiyan and the bosses are awesome

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

In Training posted:

I'm trying to thon it today before Pokemon arrives tomorrow so I'll be posting periodically about it. I wanna see the end, I feel like I'm close but I also expect some screwball game addition like they did with the first one.

Good luck gamer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just did something really effing sick. There's a boss in Chapter 4 who can posses anything in the battles, allies or enemies. He starts with 3 extra foes on his side, I had only ever seen him possess them. After I wiped out the last one, he attacked and killed one of my people. No big deal, I res them next turn and start preparing buffs to take him down, he still has like 70k health at this point. Next turn he possesses one of my dudes and starts loving me up. But since I have the turn rewinding job with the passive that lets me select a state from the past 3 turns, and he had possessed the character who had killed 3 turns ago, I rewind him to 0 health and instagib him. Insane that you can do that, and now that I have his job asterisk I think I could actually set that combo up myself for future bosses and create a suicide squad lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I just did something really effing sick. There's a boss in Chapter 4 who can posses anything in the battles, allies or enemies. He starts with 3 extra foes on his side, I had only ever seen him possess them. After I wiped out the last one, he attacked and killed one of my people. No big deal, I res them next turn and start preparing buffs to take him down, he still has like 70k health at this point. Next turn he possesses one of my dudes and starts loving me up. But since I have the turn rewinding job with the passive that lets me select a state from the past 3 turns, and he had possessed the character who had killed 3 turns ago, I rewind him to 0 health and instagib him. Insane that you can do that, and now that I have his job asterisk I think I could actually set that combo up myself for future bosses and create a suicide squad lol

Jeez I need to beat that two headed lizard boss lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I tried the combo and it doesn't work sadly. Well A bosses seem to be immune to possession because that would be way too game breaking if you could take possession of any boss and make them kill themselves, and B you can't rewind the enemies to health states of the possessor