Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://www.twitch.tv/ibuypower

IBP masters is starting now and dazed is casting atm

steel is also supposedly casting later on

first game is tyloo, echofox on mirage

edit oh good christ that's GBjames coaching echofox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

stump collector posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/ibuypower

IBP masters is starting now and dazed is casting atm

steel is also supposedly casting later on

first game is tyloo, echofox on mirage

edit oh good christ that's GBjames coaching echofox

Dazed trolling Blu and doing the origin stories for the Tyloo player's aliases has been so good.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i bet steel does a "throw" pun

stump collector
May 28, 2007
ecofox

https://clips.twitch.tv/ibuypower/CuriousDugongMau5

stump collector fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 12, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://clips.twitch.tv/ibuypower/BeautifulGalagoWutFace

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

can steel set aside his rank s hatred and find good things to say about these players? find out live at 11

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
It's considered uncouth to ask casters to lie on air

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Google Butt posted:

can steel set aside his rank s hatred and find good things to say about these players? find out live at 11

The answer is no

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

Why would iBP bring the same players that were the face of their team ending scandal in to cast? Seems like they would want nothing to do with them.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

whodatwhere posted:

Why would iBP bring the same players that were the face of their team ending scandal in to cast? Seems like they would want nothing to do with them.

Yeah I don't get it.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

https://clips.twitch.tv/ibuypower/LuckyBisonANELE

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Yeah I don't get it.

This is their response:
https://twitter.com/ibuypower/status/781921326801956864

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

1. Dazed and Steel will do a good job.
2. They're well known in the community.
3. Any controversy will just do more to advertise their tournament.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Eh, more power to them.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Eh...they let moE on national television so i'm sure iBP doesn't care.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Oh me? Not much, just getting upgraded to silver 4 :smug:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I thought m0E did a pretty good job on ELeague.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Ancient CS put out a good quality version of the CPL 2001 Winter grand final, it was basically the first meeting between the best NA team and the best EU team. Featuring young Heaton, Potti and Ksharp among others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWm9Q7-Tfmo

Pro strat at 15:30

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

drunken officeparty posted:

Oh me? Not much, just getting upgraded to silver 4 :smug:

Hello silver 4 buddy. Add me so we can get out of this poo poo tier.

SteamID Soulex13

ISUCHARESLOLO
Dec 10, 2005

The verb "to google" has come to mean "to perform a Web search", usually with the Google search engine.

Soulex posted:

Hello silver 4 buddy. Add me so we can get out of this poo poo tier.

SteamID Soulex13

I am also this bad at counter strike. Add me at Lord Humongous on steam!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

ISUCHARESLOLO posted:

I am also this bad at counter strike. Add me at Lord Humongous on steam!

SteamID? There quite a few Lord Humongous on steam

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

RyokoTK posted:

I thought m0E did a pretty good job on ELeague.

The clip of him pooping on koosta was worth it

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
I've been playing casual a bunch lately but I'm scared that if I try competitive I'll suck and it won't be fun. I played one competitive game a few days ago, got middle frag. My team got really mad when we started losing, but I think we could have won if they hadn't turned on each other and suicided.
Any advice for getting into it?

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Hoshi posted:

I've been playing casual a bunch lately but I'm scared that if I try competitive I'll suck and it won't be fun. I played one competitive game a few days ago, got middle frag. My team got really mad when we started losing, but I think we could have won if they hadn't turned on each other and suicided.
Any advice for getting into it?

Solo queue for comp games is extremely aggravating in the lower ranks. It only takes a second for teammates to turn on each other and start flinging poo poo, but it's best to just take it all in stride and try to be the peacemaker and just play your own game. If they keep being horrible teammates, then just voice_enable 0 and focus on your own gameplay.

Casual and the other couple game modes are a good way to get the basics down, but competitive 5v5 is where things definitely turn more serious. However, your enjoyment may go up exponentially once you realize how satisfying it is to poo poo on your opponents no matter how they try to defend against you.

Alternatively, you could always try and queue up 4 other people, that way you don't have to worry about getting awful pubbies trying to ruin your good fragging time.

If you aren't already a part of the CS:GO Goon Squad or sub.io, then I suggest you join the chat rooms and ask for an invite or post your Steam profile here.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 13, 2016

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Solo queue for comp games is extremely aggravating in the lower ranks. It only takes a second for teammates to turn on each other and start flinging poo poo, but it's best to just take it all in stride and try to be the peacemaker and just play your own game. If they keep being horrible teammates, then just voice_enable 0 and focus on your own gameplay.

Casual and the other couple game modes are a good way to get the basics down, but competitive 5v5 is where things definitely turn more serious. However, your enjoyment may go up exponentially once you realize how satisfying it is to poo poo on your opponents no matter how they try to defend against you.

Alternatively, you could always try and queue up 4 other people, that way you don't have to worry about getting awful pubbies trying to ruin your good fragging time.

If you aren't already a part of the CS:GO Goon Squad or sub.io, then I suggest you join the chat rooms and ask for an invite or post your Steam profile here.

Competitive definitely felt more fun than casual, other than teammates with bad attitudes.
Can I get an invite to the goon squad group? My profile is steamcommunity.com/id/todphd

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Hoshi posted:

Competitive definitely felt more fun than casual, other than teammates with bad attitudes.
Can I get an invite to the goon squad group? My profile is steamcommunity.com/id/todphd

I invited you to the GoonNovas group, which is generally high silver/low to mid gold players.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Steel does a good job casting, but I wish he would realize no one gives a gently caress about his stupid rank s jokes

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 13, 2016

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
he just wants every person in rank s who is watching to know how he feels

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

xsf421 posted:

I invited you to the GoonNovas group, which is generally high silver/low to mid gold players.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to playing with goons.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Hoshi posted:

Thanks! I'm looking forward to playing with goons.

Feel free to shoot out an announcement in the GooNovas group anything you want a stack, but, generally games happen by adding people to friends lists.

Feel free to add me (admin of goonovas) and we'll get you in a 5 stack of sweaty goons.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

it'd be amusing to me if NA EchoFox and EU EchoFox both don't qualify for IEM Oakland.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Photex posted:

EU EchoFox
:confused:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

FaZe son.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Photex posted:

FaZe son.
Oh.

Goddammit.

:negative:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Scraped by with a win after someone on the other team started hacking. He was making a big deal out of one deags and I suspected due to a different walling-esqe thing until it just went full blown 3 one deags one round in like 5 seconds. We were right next to each other. We barely won but loving hell prime is getting either a lot of smurfs or a lot more hackers. He was a bad toggler too because he got most of his kills in streaks and made it kind obvious. Like jumping from CAT to underpants on mirage and prefiring where our bomb was walking.

Goddamn it

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Underpants

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I added Lord Humungous and Soulex so we can all be bad at video games together.

I'm this guy

http://steamcommunity.com/id/HurfDurf/

Anyone else who wants to be bad can add me too. Technically I'm silver 4, but really I'm just a temporarily embarrassed global elite.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

mcvey posted:

Underpants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Famethrowa posted:

Feel free to add me (admin of goonovas)