Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

It also proves you can't change the future and some new, more powerful creature will ruin Trunk's life.

Unironically want a spinoff Trunks arc where he has to fight super-powered versions of all the villains from Dragon Ball as he gets increasingly pissed about what he has to do to give his timeline peace.

I'm talking Tien as a major antagonist arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Barudak posted:

Unironically want a spinoff Trunks arc where he has to fight super-powered versions of all the villains from Dragon Ball as he gets increasingly pissed about what he has to do to give his timeline peace.

Steinsgate but with fighting.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Trunks 'learning' the Genki Dama doesn't really bother me because the Genki Dama is mostly about people offering you their energy so it's pretty easy to imagine it coming up naturally in a situation where the remaining Earthlings and the planet itself are so endangered and being championed by a hero. I just assumed it was a naturally occurring variation on the move rather than Trunks learning it out of thin air.

(And honestly "Saiyans learn moves out of thin air' is canonical. Even frigging Goku Black did it.)

Edit: Also to be clear Trunks killed a double-god-half-Goku by stabbing him in the cock with a sword made of hope and friendship. That is the best possible outcome for this arc.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 13, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Pureauthor posted:

It is important that jobbers maintain some credibility, because otherwise you end up with Yamcha. So it is vital that once in a while you allow the jobber to defeat bad guys.

Just not important bad guys.

I posted this regarding Future Trunks back when he first showed up again and I am very happy to have to eat these words.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

trunks learning the spirit bomb out of loving nowhere without ever having seen it or knowing what it was is funny as hell, smh at anyone that could be mad at that

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Manatee Cannon posted:

trunks learning the spirit bomb out of loving nowhere without ever having seen it or knowing what it was is funny as hell, smh at anyone that could be mad at that

Whoever is mad at that, I feel sorry for them cuz how goddamn awesome it was.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
They foreshadowed the spirit bomb tons, it wasn't out of nowhere. Thats what all of those scenes of humans pointlessly fighting Black, and the soldier crying about not being strong enough to fight Super Zamasu (no matter how many mortals gather together) was building up to.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Shindragon posted:

Whoever is mad at that, I feel sorry for them cuz how goddamn awesome it was.
There are people that hated this arc because they can't make sense of the power levels.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the power levels go

trunks' sword
mai's hat
vegito
everything else

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

That was a great episode, and having trunks win is absolutely the right thing to do. Vegetto returning was great, and acted as a very Toriyama fake out for the true ending. Dragon Ball Super is super.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
i hope the dbm guys are mad as gently caress

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

the power levels go

mai
everything else

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Official power scale:
0)Bulma
1)Lord Zeno
2)The high priest
3)Those 4 other guys Whis mentioned
4)Future Trunks
5)Vados
6)Whis
7)Hit
8)Botamo
9)Vegitto
10)Super Zamasu
11)Goku
12)Vegita
13)Goku Black
14)Beerus
15)Champa
16)Golden Frieza
17)Future Mai
18)Zamasu
19)Piccolo
20)Gowasu

Edit to change a glaring mistake

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Nov 13, 2016

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

i hope the dbm guys are mad as gently caress
whats dbm

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Rangpur posted:

whats dbm
The impure creation of the ningen.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

ImpAtom posted:

Trunks 'learning' the Genki Dama doesn't really bother me because the Genki Dama is mostly about people offering you their energy so it's pretty easy to imagine it coming up naturally in a situation where the remaining Earthlings and the planet itself are so endangered and being championed by a hero. I just assumed it was a naturally occurring variation on the move rather than Trunks learning it out of thin air.

(And honestly "Saiyans learn moves out of thin air' is canonical. Even frigging Goku Black did it.)

Edit: Also to be clear Trunks killed a double-god-half-Goku by stabbing him in the cock with a sword made of hope and friendship. That is the best possible outcome for this arc.

Also considering all the god power floating around I don't think it's that hard to believe they can't gather energy from people like that.

This ep was loving amazing and I was open-mouth smiling when Trunks got back in the action. The part with Vegito doesn't bother me very much, since we didn't even need to see him at all. The writers just felt like spicing up this last part of the fight, and it gave me the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegito I asked for, so I'm good.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I was grinning like an idiot the whole time Vegitto did or said anything, but him going "I am Vegitto... and this is.. Vegitto BLUE!" was so dope.

Kudos to Zamasu loving crying and T-Posing in the sky while Vegitto just went "huh?"

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Raxivace posted:

There are people that hated this arc because they can't make sense of the power levels.

These people are fine with Piccolo being weaker than Nappa going to being as strong as first form Frieza by fusing with Nail, and then being as strong as Imperfect Cell, and thus final form Frieza, after fusing with a dude he left in the dust years ago.

Power levels don't mean poo poo, even when they treated them like a thing.

EDIT - and like, really, if anything the potara retcon makes the elements of the Buu saga work better, because honestly - if the air inside of Buu makes people unfuse, why does he still contain Fat Buu in his body? He should be unfusing HIMSELF. It doesn't make any sense, and it's far more justifiable here by saying Elder Kai is a freaking dumbass... which is itself an established part of his character.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Nov 13, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the power curve in dragon ball is ridiculous. like if saiyans grow exponentially every time they nearly die, and saiyans were a warrior race that lived on the battlefield, how loving weak were they to start with if early dbz vegeta was an elite warrior?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

the power curve in dragon ball is ridiculous. like if saiyans grow exponentially every time they nearly die, and saiyans were a warrior race that lived on the battlefield, how loving weak were they to start with if early dbz vegeta was an elite warrior?

they rarely if ever got hurt enough to die. they mostly just went oozaru and that's stronger than everyone including the ginyu force.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

Early DBZ Vegeta was one of the strongest Saiyans to EVER LIVE. Stronger than his father, though not as strong as Bardock before he got Supernovaed

So basically, everyone was really loving weak. Apule weak

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
All paths to power go through Bulma. Never cross the forever young lady Briefs, lest you live on in the world as Yamcha.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
While I'm cool with Trunks cutting the villain in half (and even starting at his dick and working up), I'm a little put-off by how they zoomed right into Zamasu's face while the sound of splitting flesh filled my ears. I thought it disrupted the tone a bit. "Hope and good will always triumph, now watch as the bad guy gets grotesquely torn in half!"

Other than that, yeah, it's been an amazing arc and I'm excited what the next one brings. I wonder how many more there will even be?

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Lord Xeno is going to gently caress with power level debates by saying that Vegito was almost 3% as strong as Beerus. The internet then explodes.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Rutibex posted:

Official power scale:
0)Bulma
1)Lord Zeno
2)The high priest
4)Future Trunks
5)Vados
6)Whis
7)Hit
8)Botamo
9)Vegitto
10)Super Zamasu
11)Goku
12)Vegita
13)Goku Black
14)Beerus
15)Champa
16)Golden Frieza
17)Future Mai
18)Zamasu
19)Piccolo
20)Gowasu

Edit to change a glaring mistake

EXCUSE ME but where is our hero Auta Magetta!?!?! Had Vegeta not gone all bigot and hurt his feelings, Earth would be sitting on Universe 6 right now

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

ImpAtom posted:

Trunks encouraging people so much they spontaneously create the Genki Dama which he forms into a giant sword and uses to kill an evil god is the most fanfictiony thing ever and it kind of owns.

This times a billion. Holy poo poo.

That may be the best ending of a fight in the series, even trumping Father/Son Kamehameha. Buu's defeat was mostly "meh" except for Vegeta finally admitting "Kakarotto, you are numba wan!"

Did anyone else think Trunks was going to finally go full SSBlue at one point?

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
That power level list also does not include Monaka, the strongest of them all

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lezard_valeth posted:

EXCUSE ME but where is our hero Auta Magetta!?!?! Had Vegeta not gone all bigot and hurt his feelings, Earth would be sitting on Universe 6 right now

Sorry you are right! Auta Magetta is lame and could be beaten by Yamcha, but you reminded me of another mistake I made. New revised list:
Official power scale:
0)Bulma
0.5)Monaka
1)Lord Zeno
2)The high priest
4)Future Trunks
5)Vados
6)Whis
7)Hit
8)Botamo
9)Vegitto
10)Super Zamasu
11)Goku
12)Vegita
13)Goku Black
14)Beerus
15)Champa
16)Golden Frieza
17)Future Mai
18)Zamasu
19)Piccolo
20)Gowasu

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Nov 13, 2016

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Holy gently caress that ruled.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Reinanigans posted:

This times a billion. Holy poo poo.

That may be the best ending of a fight in the series, even trumping Father/Son Kamehameha. Buu's defeat was mostly "meh" except for Vegeta finally admitting "Kakarotto, you are numba wan!"

Did anyone else think Trunks was going to finally go full SSBlue at one point?

yea he kept turning blue and I kept on thinking "ok now he's gonna do it right". it's kinda funny that he never did

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Ki swords is really loving cool at all times always

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea he kept turning blue and I kept on thinking "ok now he's gonna do it right". it's kinda funny that he never did

But his hair is always blue.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the faces vegetto makes at zamasu's big speech are amazing

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Vegito is so so so good and we'd better get more of him. Him having to actually kinda sorta try to handle Zamasu just makes him cooler.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Blockhouse posted:

the faces vegetto makes at zamasu's big speech are amazing

It was so great. I just love how he was like.. wtf are you really crying?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i am honestly shocked Trunks didn't go SSJ Blue in this arc

it was nice to see him again though. and he got to do some real rad poo poo. good job Trunks you have redeemed yourself from feeling like kind of an idiot wimp in the Cell arc. i'm proud of you.

but that was a real fun arc from start to finish. pacing was a little quicker than i'd expect but it was packed with tons of really cool and fun stuff.

now i can't wait to see what new characters we meet for that upcoming tournament arc

Shindragon posted:

It was so great. I just love how he was like.. wtf are you really crying?

this was also hilarious. my favorite moment in the whole arc probably

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 13, 2016

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

now i can't wait to see what new characters we meet for that upcoming tournament arc

Canon, seemingly knock-off versions of the villains from the DBZ films.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Barudak posted:

Canon, seemingly knock-off versions of the villains from the DBZ films.

Ah yes, my favorite villains Icebox, Android 31, Emperor Snail and Rettus

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Barudak posted:

I am now imagining God of Destruction Tao Pai Pai surfing through space on a meteor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Really glad everyone got to use energy swords this episode.

• Locked thread