Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Wise Learned Man posted:

Why don't you try making Ben look skinny if you're so great. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I don't know if this is the right place and is on topic but I was wondering of anyone could help me.

I was wondering what a Ponzi/Pyramid scheme is? I'm a bit slow and easily confused so could you make a hypothetically example a simple gamer could understand.

Also, while chatting with my friend at the bus stop, something was mentioned about how the final stages of the scheme may result in, and or need lube? This is strange, surly that is not true is it?

Sorry to be so leftfield and off topic but some guy with a "Free Tophat" t-shirt on the bus said you a lot where really swell and could maybe help.

P.S. Where does the tickling fit into the scheme?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Kosumo posted:

I don't know if this is the right place and is on topic but I was wondering of anyone could help me.

I was wondering what a Ponzi/Pyramid scheme is? I'm a bit slow and easily confused so could you make a hypothetically example a simple gamer could understand.

Also, while chatting with my friend at the bus stop, something was mentioned about how the final stages of the scheme may result in, and or need lube? This is strange, surly that is not true is it?

Sorry to be so leftfield and off topic but some guy with a "Free Tophat" t-shirt on the bus said you a lot where really swell and could maybe help.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kosumo posted:

Same, but I don't understand pigeons drops. I've seen them fly, but not drop.

e: I'm more into fighting games so if you can explain with Zangief, it'll be better.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

This but from that time Kramer fell asleep in the tanning bed.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ghostlight posted:

This but from that time Kramer fell asleep in the tanning bed.

"Stick a fork in me Jerry, I'm done"

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

trucutru posted:

"Stick a fork in me Jerry, I'm done"

*laugh track*

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Kosumo posted:

It's an upside-down reverse funnel system.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Its really about one triangle and 4 balls at the edge of a cliff and the triangle convinces you to become the 4th, repeat ad nauseum.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
At first it was called an "Egyptian Blueprint" but the Pharaoh didn't think it'd catch on so he called it a "Pyramid Scheme"

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Its really about one triangle and 4 balls at the edge of a cliff and the triangle convinces you to become the 4th, repeat ad nauseum.

It's clearly a Roman Dodecahedron rotating in a 4 part simultaneous 4 day cube

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

At first it was called an "Egyptian Blueprint" but the Pharaoh didn't think it'd catch on so he called it a "Pyramid Scheme"

Ah, so these "Pyramid Scheme" would lead to great wonders to last the test of time.

Would not you need some great leader that would only come about every few decades, are there any of those about these days, a man (or woman) with great vision whom also as great support from their amazing partner?

Sounds great, where could I go to get in on making history and contribute to some best dam pyramid scheme ever, surly if I did it would return great wealth to me. Looking forward to being rich as!

By the way, there was some funny guy on the bus home dribbling and mumbling to himself about a 'Dennis Shark' and making pew pew noises and gyrating his hands all over the place - he had a t-shirt with r/starcitizen +42 karma on it, was weird, if I see him again should I offer him help?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
It's best not to offer help, as they will first entice you in like a crack dealer to a first time user talking about things like "It's the greatest thing to ever breach this era of mankind" and "wanna 'chase the dream'?"

Next thing you know, welcome to the church of Christ Robbers

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Kosumo posted:

Ah, so these "Pyramid Scheme" would lead to great wonders to last the test of time.

Would not you need some great leader that would only come about every few decades, are there any of those about these days, a man (or woman) with great vision whom also as great support from their amazing partner?

Sounds great, where could I go to get in on making history and contribute to some best dam pyramid scheme ever, surly if I did it would return great wealth to me. Looking forward to being rich as!

By the way, there was some funny guy on the bus home dribbling and mumbling to himself about a 'Dennis Shark' and making pew pew noises and gyrating his hands all over the place - he had a t-shirt with r/starcitizen +42 karma on it, was weird, if I see him again should I offer him help?

Pyramid Scheme is sometimes used to describe a venture that is likely to persist for a very, very long time, just like the pyramids. It also implies that it's "steady as a rock" and "very carefully planned and executed"

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

It means someone spend absurd amount of money and hours of slave labor to build his own tomb.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
315P EXPLODES WHEN ENTERING

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Interact with 315p entrance ladder

ACTUAL RESULT
I used the ladder to enter the 315p, my ship then started spinning and then exploded

EXPECTED RESULT
For me to enter my ship without it exploding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXMTP7spzHE

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
EXPECTED RESULT
Something like "Ships Powering up" or else, but not System Failure Imminent, I mean im a bad pilot but thats mean :D
See the ship.
Traveled forwards. I'm testing with a Mustang Alpha at the moment. I haven't tried to reproduce yet.
smooth landed ship (at Auto mode?)
After waking in the Olisar Armistice Zone i did not expect any weapon to be in my hand.
chat should fit within screen size
Laser beams should be aligned with the Panther barrels like on other weapons.
Game should've looked normal
I dunno, you get out of bed and tell me what you expect.
HUD shows weapons group, power and shield management
WHen you engage the pirates, after few seconds it's possible that you get a black screen and the game crash. You can send a report at the end.
Maybe you can fix that problem or make a possibility to make permanent decisions how the Weapon Groups have to be.
No black spots
when not in cockpit view, there should be some logic to point 'gimballed' guns along the nose of the ship.
When i connect to my hangar, I wish to see all ships and items i put in hangar ....
On holding F I should go through the animation and get out of my seat to be able to leave the cockpit and move around.
Your point of view from the cockpit should be clear of your own body.
Chair facing front while someone is seated
hopefully being able to use this controller or told what type dose work with the game
Ship should not explode and player should stay alive
When you spawn a ship, the ship should load and no crash should happen.
The doors should stop me from glitching through them.
Ships should be somewhat more solid :)
Remain in the ship and complete the mission
expected sights to show on guns. iorn sights, sniper scopes, ect.
To be able to dog fight without blacking out so fast or easily maybe nerf the Gforce affect
Guns and thrusters continue to work, unless damaged in combat.
Chosen gun equipped without the ballistic pistol stuck in right hand.
pirate voices don't play while at port
I should be able to interact with the ship commands using the "use" command to pilot the ship, close and open the door, use the turret, etc
should have ammo in my main guns when i spawn in my ship ....
Character is able to stand in the airlock with an equipped rifle.
Rifle would be stowed away when entering pilots seat.
I want be able to scope, unscope with weapon without be stuck without scope ^^
I do not expect the game to crash as a direct result of using a weapon type
death summary should disappear

ACTUAL RESULT
Sometimes when i respawn i'll have a ship attached or a ragdoll dead body in the cockpit of my ship (Avenger)
EXPECTED RESULT
Nothing attached to my ship or anything in cockpit

EXPECTED RESULT
Entered an industrial ship focused on fueling with realistic design, med bay, real airlocks, and crew access.
I understand that this is not a high priority verses other features in the game. My hope in this report is to get CIG to acknowledge the design flaws of the starfarer and maybe through community voice we can get a reply either for redesign or not. I will be getting rid of mine if it is not slated for redesign.
Please see this post for further details.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/344585/starfarer-interior-fraught-with-questionable-design-choices/p1

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
has anyone said fart shitizen yet?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5cj1a7/esperia_prowler_price_and_release_date/d9xpcz7/

$500+ backer and a $5000+ backer, respectively.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

Welcome back, not owned one :D

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5cj1a7/esperia_prowler_price_and_release_date/d9xpcz7/

Now they realise "strange things" are afoot at CIG?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

v good first post o8

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Imagine to create one of the most naive communities, who are ready to throw tons money at you regardless of obvious red flags, and you manage to drive even them away.

Best. Marketing. VP. Since. She. Was. A. Little. Girl.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Mr Fronts posted:

Now they realise "strange things" are afoot at CIG?

well when you point a very, very dim light at something, it takes a good while to get it illuminated

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

tuo posted:

Imagine to create one of the most naive communities, who are ready to throw tons money at you regardless of obvious red flags, and you manage to drive even them away.

Best. Marketing. VP. Since. She. Was. A. Little. Girl.

They've got nothing, no marketing in the world can save this clusterfuck.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

MeLKoR posted:

They need to invest heavily into powerball lottery tickets

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Throw them some loving greybox level and openly proclaim that you now go even more open with development, and you are now so close to release, that it is important to get the community even closer to them by giving them even more unfinished poo poo. It should buy you couple of weeks and the shitizen would feel special, totally see progress, and maybe even open the wallets again.

Heck, throw them some item 2.0 demo environment. Anything to keep their brains from starting to realize what is happening behind the scenes. You know, the cheap way out, like giving a kid some candy so it stops nagging you.

Don't get me wrong, I love how this currently plays out, but I really struggle to believe that no one at CIG thought of this as some kind of "last resort" to buy time because poo poo takes longer than expected.

Then again, they already said that the stream next week will mostly revolve about ships, ship pipeline, and more concept sales.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

PS: the community is actually begging for this. Every thread in the brown sea regarding the missing SQ42 demo and 2.6 has a huge amount of backers basically saying "release it at current state so we can see something, we understand it isn't perfect. we just want to see some progress".

If the shitizens are this dumb, why not serve them?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

tuo posted:

Throw them some loving greybox level and openly proclaim that you now go even more open with development, and you are now so close to release, that it is important to get the community even closer to them by giving them even more unfinished poo poo. It should buy you couple of weeks and the shitizen would feel special, totally see progress, and maybe even open the wallets again.

What then? That's the thing, a lot of these whales have had it, they want to see something and soon, not in another year.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

tuo posted:

Heck, throw them some item 2.0 demo environment. Anything to keep their brains from starting to realize what is happening behind the scenes. You know, the cheap way out, like giving a kid some candy so it stops nagging you.

Don't get me wrong, I love how this currently plays out, but I really struggle to believe that no one at CIG thought of this as some kind of "last resort" to buy time because poo poo takes longer than expected.

Then again, they already said that the stream next week will mostly revolve about ships, ship pipeline, and more concept sales.

I really can't wait for it :mrgw:

I love concept sales

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
What is the list of currently implemented (working even in early state) tech features in the alpha builds that would get someone excited about this project at this state, after 4+ years? I mean, the features that would make someone go "hey that's really a smart and unique thing they did with that engine; I've never seen anything like it" and get their hopes up for the final product.

Is there even such a list? Or is it just ship jpegs, promises of a perfect integration of dreams, and demos of mystery secret builds (which arguably also are mostly unimpressive and hint at dull gameplay) ?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

:same:

It's all over; and all we should wait for now is to see how it all ends. I don't believe that it will be a long drawn out collapse. It's going to be swift and sudden.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

tuo posted:

PS: the community is actually begging for this. Every thread in the brown sea regarding the missing SQ42 demo and 2.6 has a huge amount of backers basically saying "release it at current state so we can see something, we understand it isn't perfect. we just want to see some progress".

If the shitizens are this dumb, why not serve them?

Because they have nothing.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

What then? That's the thing, a lot of these whales have had it, they want to see something and soon, not in another year.

That would mean that CIG themselves know it's over, doesn't it? If you don't try everything to keep it going. I mean they showed time and again that they have absolutely zero moral.

So have they actually given up?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Because they have nothing.

hosed up if true...honestly...if they don't even have a single working thing newer than 2.5.

drat, that's a level of incompetence I truly need some time to understand.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Anybody who's member of the super secret discord channel care to give some more hints what actually happened to the SQ42 demo?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
They can't even scrape up some 30 seconds of good looking footage of Gary Oldman, Gillian Anderson and above all Mark Hamill, what with the new Star Wars movie coming out, actually doing anything in the game. They aren't showing anything because they have nothing to show on that front. Same goes for gameplay, the community is blowing up in front of everybody's eyes and they are going to do an anniversary sale and not show anything that isn't R&D? No 3.0 before the end of the year? No Star Marine? Why would they be committing public relations suicide if they had any alternative? Not even Sandi is this bad at marketing.

They. Have. Got. Nothing.

This is going to be a total loss, WYSIWYG. This is it, the MVP.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

My mind slowly starts to believe this. It still struggles, mind you...

E: haha, yah, I'm slow ;)

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

AP posted:

315P EXPLODES WHEN ENTERING

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Interact with 315p entrance ladder

ACTUAL RESULT
I used the ladder to enter the 315p, my ship then started spinning and then exploded

EXPECTED RESULT
For me to enter my ship without it exploding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXMTP7spzHE

i'm the hud bob

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

They can't even scrape up some 30 seconds of good looking footage of Gary Oldman, Gillian Anderson and above all Mark Hamill, what with the new Star Wars movie coming out, actually doing anything in the game. They aren't showing anything because they have nothing to show on that front. Same goes for gameplay, the community is blowing up in front of everybody's eyes and they are going to do an anniversary sale and not show anything that isn't R&D? No 3.0 before the end of the year? No Star Marine? Why would they be committing public relations suicide if they had any alternative? Not even Sandi is this bad at marketing.

This is going to be a total loss, WYSIWYG. This is it, the MVP.

I'm still hoping for a SQ42 trailer in this year's Star Wars :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

:same:

It's all over; and all we should wait for now is to see how it all ends. I don't believe that it will be a long drawn out collapse. It's going to be swift and sudden.

Yeah, even last month I was arguing that they could drag this along for another couple of years but now I don't think so. The whales are turning on them bad and it's only going to grow exponentially. Community management is powerless because they can't just use the banhammer any more, I suspect they are weary of even giving long time probations for poo poo shat would have got you banned for FUD or "bad mouthing CIG" not a year ago. Anyone they silence is just going to ask for a refund at this point. Nothing can shut them up except concrete visible poo poo in the PU, a lot of these guys aren't going look the other way at broken promises any more.

If they had a few dozen millions in reserve they might weather this out until they could release SQ42 and watch it full burn hilariously, but judging by the desperate fresh cash sales I don't think they do. If refunds pick up after they fail to deliver at the end of the year this might blow up seemingly over night at any point.

And the cash sales were only the straw that broke that camel's back, it seems some whales were listening.

• Locked thread