Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Things that are great:
1. Vegito
2. Gowasu
3. Turankusu
4. Zamasu
5. Mai
6. Bulma
7. Spirit Sword
8. Dragon Ball Super

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

JD posted:

He also learned the mafuba by watching a cell phone video once, he's a natural

Years later, Bulma will take this technology and apply it to Pan's eventual dojo, thereby making martial arts lessons popular among the Earth's populace.

I'm not even joking here, this is part of Dragon Ball Online's backstory.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

zamasu crying for the universe and for the foolish ningen who live in it when goku has never shed even one tear for all his dead friends

zamasu was right

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I like a lot how Vegeta laid out the entire rest of the arc to Trunks during their training session, telling him he needed to get a new form, stop using the sword he was using and that if Vegeta and Goku weren't enough to get the job done to do it by his own drat self.

Trunks is such a good character.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It's like poetry.

It rhymes.

Hopefully it'll work.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

It's a shame there wasn't more Vegetto, he's cool.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Pureauthor posted:

It's like poetry.

It rhymes.

Hopefully it'll work.

Cant believe I didn't notice :ughh:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Cool episode, I don't mind the Potara retcon at all because hell it's cooler so why not.

I've been watching very sporadically but that tourney arc sounds cool, what episodes have the inter-universe tourney?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

tbp posted:

that episode owned

there was no way that trunks even with the spirit sword was stronger than vegito tho, didn't they explicitly say that vegitos attack hosed up zamasu enough to create the opening for him to lose? like i assume the final kamehameha pretty much broke zamasu outright but after the vegito defusion it was grim bc even really hosed up zamasu was way stronger than them esp with goku and vegeta on deaths door

I was under the impression that Zamasu was gaining power, not becoming weaker. He deliberately shot himself with lightning and hosed his own arm up to power up. He realized that damage makes him stronger (like Black), but his body wouldn't die. hosed up goop Zamasu was stronger (I think) than the nice looking one, not weaker.

Also, isn't Trunks broken sword the Z-Sword? Shouldn't there be an old Kai laying around that battle field somewhere?

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Nov 13, 2016

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

this episode was epic

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Zamasu is a top tier db villain and it's a drat shame he didn't get more scenes with vegito reacting to his usual melodrama

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

On the other hand imagine if Vegeto didn't defuse and instead got beat down by Zamasu who then gets owned by Trunks.

You'd have a segment of the DB fandom literally die of rage.

I'd be okay with that.

I really just want hi-jinks with Vegito trying to talk to his family and rationalize his fusion and them having to wait to make a wish on the dragon balls to revert it and I also want to see Beerus sweating his balls off trying to stay relevant to Vegito.

And Trunks winning was so cathartic, completely opposite to Goku Time. gently caress, it was so good and thematically fitting I give them passes for not making any sense on it just being cool. And that is what really matters.

As for the Potara misconception, it was always the one thing I didn't really get in the Buu saga and even Goku took the time to ask for clarification and we got an actual answer; they didn't know back then, now they know. And power loving with time-limits is something we're already used to in Dragonball. Even as little sense as it makes.

Oh. That explains the planet not blowing up too.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

mmkay posted:

It's a shame there wasn't more Vegetto, he's cool.

I'm glad there wasn't more of him, honestly. The whole arc would've felt a bit hollow to me if it hadn't been Trunks actually ending the fight, and after last week's preview I fell for the fake-out since Vegito is usually a big deal and fusion versus fusion was pretty much the only other sensible climax.

Retconning the potara fusion is pretty whatever but we got the narratively most satisfying conclusion anyway so I'm fine with it.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I think to Potara thing is because having two VAs talk at the same time is annoying and hard, so they don't want to have multiple episodes of timing two people to talk at the same time.

Also we're older and/or more experienced around here than most Internet DB fans, so we accept things a bit differently.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
This episode was why Super was made and it's probably one of the best Dragonball things ever. I don't think anything about it was especially inconsistent either, the earring is a retcon but it still makes sense under the rules of the universe, Blue Vegito was still OP as gently caress and Trunks doesn't really break the fanbase's beloved power level scale because he used the Ultimate Good Special Attack on a Zamasu that was both hosed up already and also way too willing to step into piercing attacks. I also love that they actually gave the win to Trunks, it's better than "goku and vegeta use the solution everyone spends 24/7 saying they should use to defeat the baddie". God, putting a time limit on Vegetto is great because now it's not an eternal loop of "well, they should just fuse and then wish for defusing" pitched as a solution for every confrontation.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

The only problem with the Potara retcon is that we get to spend less time with one of the most amusing characters in the series. There was about what, a third of an episode's worth of Vegito? And only a couple of verbal exchanges between him and Zamasu. It left us too quick. You could probably have had the fight spill into the next episode, have Zamasu do something like copy the Mafuba, and then Trunks steps in and saves the day.

But that being said everything else about the episode was absolutely wonderful. Zamasu literally crying, how amazingly narcissistic. :allears:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I think by this point what Trunks' new form is is very obvious.

Super Saiyan Ningen Super Saiyan

gently caress the gods.

God-slayer Trunks is the best character in this series and I'm sad we'll never get to see him or his Genki Sword again.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Remember there will be a universal tournament.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I mean we could go into the implication that somehow or other Trunks got access to God Ki because he was able to sense how powerful SSB Vegetto was...

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
goku fighting with both arms and one leg broken: owns
vegito clowning on zamasu: owns
spirit bomb sword: owns
trunks' last words to zamasu being "NOBODY CARES": owns
Dragon Ball Super: owns

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I also like how the episode where Trunks visits Gohan kinda sets up both dudes being cut from the same cloth. Both are extremely powerful, but they only show it when they have a reason to give a drat. Otherwise, they just wanna live their life - it's just that Trunks never had the chance, really.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQu3-dt_Fwk

Z A M A S

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Anyone else bummed that we didn't get a quick shot of the dead heroes of Trunks timeline hanging out in Otherworld with King Kai watching Trunks fight Zamasu?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Anyone else just have Chrono Trigger flash backs whenever dragon ball is in the future? Toriyama does have a style I guess.

Even if there is a multiverse tournament, I don't think Trunks is coming back. I don't think he would choose to fight for fun. Maybe he'll come to say hi? I don't know. He's fought enough.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Blaze Dragon posted:

I think by this point what Trunks' new form is is very obvious.

Super Saiyan Ningen Super Saiyan

gently caress the gods.

God-slayer Trunks is the best character in this series and I'm sad we'll never get to see him or his Genki Sword again.

He ascended from "Super Saiyan Like I Give A gently caress" to "Super Saiyan Like WE Give A gently caress"

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 13, 2016

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

New Leaf posted:

Anyone else bummed that we didn't get a quick shot of the dead heroes of Trunks timeline hanging out in Otherworld with King Kai watching Trunks fight Zamasu?

that would just open up SO MANY questions about how the afterlife works in DB

Zamasu
Nov 4, 2016

I'm just being self-absorbed.
It doesn't matter if no one's listening.

CharlestonJew posted:

trunks' last words to zamasu being "NOBODY CARES": owns

My only crime was that I cared too much.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also as long as we're on the subject I want to say both Masako Nozawa and Shinichiro Miki hit out of of the friggin' park when it came to voicing Black and Zamasu. Really, really good job done by those two and bringing life to the two villains of the arc.

"SON.... GOOOKKKKUUUUUUUUAAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHH!"

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Incredible episode. Spirit Bomb Sword Trunks was the best thing I've seen in Dragon Ball in a long time. Also, gently caress you people who call it "genkai-dama" or whatever, or call the Evil Containment Wave the "mafuba".

I don't care about the Potara earring retcon because I never watched the Buu saga until a couple of years ago so I don't have the original rules ingrained in my mind as a child so its no big deal they changed it. All the minor nitpicks about this episode really don't matter because the episode nailed every beat that it needed to and that's way more important.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mabels big day posted:

or call the Evil Containment Wave the "mafuba".

You just kind of get into it, watching the subbed show. I don't know if I will even like the dub once it's made. I feel I am going to hate english Zamasus voice, and it won't be the same without NINGEN.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

mabels big day posted:

Incredible episode. Spirit Bomb Sword Trunks was the best thing I've seen in Dragon Ball in a long time. Also, gently caress you people who call it "genkai-dama" or whatever, or call the Evil Containment Wave the "mafuba".
I'm glad you enjoyed the episode, but why the unnecessary hate? There's a dozen ways to spell all these different character names and techniques, so who cares. Special beam cannon is pretty cool and so is Makankōsappō. The exception to this is "Kamayamaya," which was always horrible.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Jedah posted:

I'm glad you enjoyed the episode, but why the unnecessary hate? There's a dozen ways to spell all these different character names and techniques, so who cares. Special beam cannon is pretty cool and so is Makankōsappō. The exception to this is "Kamayamaya," which was always horrible.

I like the unnecessarily long English name versions of the techniques. They're funny, so they're objectively better. At least in the case of the Evil Containment Wave and the Special Beam Cannon.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

mabels big day posted:

I like the unnecessarily long English name versions of the techniques. They're funny, so they're objectively better. At least in the case of the Evil Containment Wave and the Special Beam Cannon.

Don't get me wrong, I love Special Beam Cannon, but hearing Trunks yell "MAAAAAAAFUUUUUUUBAAAAA!" was also awesome.

You guys forgot the best part of the episode:

Suddenly, Turtle felt anxious about Trunks, and he prayed strongly for the safety of Trunks and his friends. (163 HP of damage to Zamasu)

Jedah fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 13, 2016

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Trunks beating Zamasu is definitely in my top five most satisfying moments in Dragon Ball I think. The number 1 spot of course being when Kid Goku beats King Piccolo. This comes pretty close to that though.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

mabels big day posted:

Also, gently caress you people who call it "genkai-dama" or whatever, or call the Evil Containment Wave the "mafuba".

i also think you're a oval office so there's that

(gently caress, I got to know the stupid english names ten years after the fact)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

mabels big day posted:

I don't care about the Potara earring retcon because I never watched the Buu saga until a couple of years ago so I don't have the original rules ingrained in my mind as a child so its no big deal they changed it. All the minor nitpicks about this episode really don't matter because the episode nailed every beat that it needed to and that's way more important.

You will suffer a genki dama by my hand for your insolence.

Also :agreed: on the voice work. Can't stress enough how much I liked Zamasu throughout the entire arc. Such a corrupt, evil turbo dork.:allears:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dias posted:

i also think you're a oval office so there's that

(gently caress, I got to know the stupid english names ten years after the fact)

This. The localization here was purer and I shan't ever use the term Saiyan instead of Saiyajin

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Zamasu is great, yeah. I hope they get his English VA right, although it's not exactly a hard role to cast.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

This. The localization here was purer and I shan't ever use the term Saiyan instead of Saiyajin

"why do they keep writing kuririn wrong is it some weird inside joke? and who the gently caress is tien?"

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Dias posted:

Zamasu is great, yeah. I hope they get his English VA right, although it's not exactly a hard role to cast.

I hope they cast Master Shake (Dana Snyder) from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jedah posted:

I hope they cast Master Shake (Dana Snyder) from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

i can now hear the "PRAISE ME!" speech on his voice gently caress you

• Locked thread