Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
i can't figure out how to
This poll is closed.
remove 69 3.49%
the 420 21.24%
poll 1488 75.27%
Total: 1977 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Really it's the anime imwithhers that need to be purged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
The anime marxist credo of "No war but the class war!" provided a simple excuse for racists to hide behind and vote in Trump.

When it comes to the 2016 election both anime nazis and anime marxists were therefore in the "Let's help Trump win. :razz:"-camp.

:colbert:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

Is this the Swedish equivalent of the Onion
no, just a news website. it's a pretty bad one, but there are no other consistent sources for local news in english

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Avshalom posted:

same, if you ever get the opportunity and want to say you're in partnership with a qualified graphic designer then i'm up for it

I want in in this, I will be the product tester.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Volkerball posted:

Really it's the anime imwithhers that need to be purged

Come at me bro

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

UberJew posted:

anime marxists tend to be on the feminist side i think??

or is that only on tumblr and the anime marxist twitters are alt right shits

also stay safe new zealand ghosts
is feminism a class ideology

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
looks like i'm going to die folks

http://vocaroo.com/i/s198Yin0gqxm

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
We are going to here from Kelly Anne Conway for another 4 years at least.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

exmarx posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jtpf8N5IDE

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

is feminism a class ideology

anime marxists are not marxist-leninists or indeed, often marxists at all

also yes, extremely, given that 'women's work' is unpaid labor generally not recognized as equally productive and valuable despite being equally necessary and is a way in which women are oppressed as a class

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Gin and Juche posted:

We are going to here from Kelly Anne Conway for another 4 years at least.

apparently shes the first female campaign manager to manage a winning presidential campaign so, uh, glass ceiling broken i guess?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

UberJew posted:

anime marxists are not marxist-leninists or indeed, often marxists at all

also yes, extremely, given that 'women's work' is unpaid labor generally not recognized as equally productive and valuable despite being equally necessary and is a way in which women are oppressed as a class
would you say that people of colour in america also are oppressed as a class given that their labour is often not recognized as equally productive or valuable

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

exmarx posted:

voices of charitable hillary permatoxxers

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

"why the entire chat room is not yet in russian"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

"why the entire chat room is not yet in russian"

Since about 1994 or so the first two waves of Russian forces are always supposed to be deep-cover as if they're locals. краб тушить .

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

would you say that people of colour in america also are oppressed as a class given that their labour is often not recognized as equally productive or valuable

and that we have a whole shitload of them locked in prisons where they are forced laborers don't forget that one

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

UberJew posted:

and that we have a whole shitload of them locked in prisons where they are forced laborers don't forget that one

And ironically, black women, are represented in the armed forces way above one would expect form their demographic share. So the demographic which is generally accepted to be most hurt by the fascistoid American system is one of the most gung-ho about keeping it alive.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

краб тушить .
"extinguish, crab"

UberJew posted:

hmm, sounds like a class war to me

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

"extinguish, crab"
hmm, sounds like a class war to me

It should have been crab goulash. Fascist American google translate lying about foreign people again!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Emarx hasn't posted in a few minutes I think he ded.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

It should have been crab goulash. Fascist American google translate lying about foreign people again!
крабий гуляш then even though im more mystified than before

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

UberJew posted:

as an anime marxist i wanted to protect the integrity of my internet kind

as a regular marxist i just object to the anime, comrade

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Swan Oat posted:

as a regular marxist i just object to the anime, comrade

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Randler posted:

And ironically, black women, are represented in the armed forces way above one would expect form their demographic share. So the demographic which is generally accepted to be most hurt by the fascistoid American system is one of the most gung-ho about keeping it alive.

this is actually a consequence of both the specific degradation of women in the labor force (black women lost more jobs as a consequence of the crash than black men, because women are valued less as workers) and also the prison-industrial complex (black women achieve high school degrees, necessary for enlistment, at a much higher rate than black men because they are not targeted in the same way by 'law enforcement')

its also a consequence of the specific demonization of black women as 'welfare queens' in the 90s by the gingrich legislature and the clinton administration that cut benefits to single black mothers and caused a massive spike in black children in poverty

so they're more likely than anyone as a class to qualify for service and be in need of the family benefits and stable paycheck

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

UberJew posted:

high school degrees, necessary for enlistment

Counterpoint:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

err I wouldn't say minorities and minority women are gung-ho about fascism and minority oppression, randler

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Randler posted:

Counterpoint:

im pretty sure im the only actual dadchat high-school dropout, iirc he just dropped out of college?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

PupsOfWar posted:

err I wouldn't say minorities and minority women are gung-ho about fascism and minority oppression, randler

Minority oppression and facism are what the US armed forces does. If you voluntarily join them, it's fair to call you gung-ho about those topics. :colbert:

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Randler posted:

Minority oppression and facism are what the US armed forces does. If you voluntarily join them, it's fair to call you gung-ho about those topics. :colbert:

Again, the specific reasons that they do so at a greater rate is because of their uniquely disadvantaged situation. It's not in as much detail as I would like but here is a white paper from a quick google to demonstrate i am not just making poo poo up here

please stop tarring minorities with the sins of white america randler :(

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Randler posted:

Ah, but can any action be voluntary when done under the silent duress of needing to earn money in order to not starve to death? :ussr:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

UberJew posted:

Again, the specific reasons that they do so at a greater rate is because of their uniquely disadvantaged situation. It's not in as much detail as I would like but here is a white paper from a quick google to demonstrate i am not just making poo poo up here

please stop tarring minorities with the sins of white america randler :(

To be clear, I believe everything you said. It's just that an explaination is not the same thing as a justification. If you join the US armed forces, you're supporting facism and the oppression of (mostly non-American) minorities.

If you disagree with that statement you either don't believe that the US armed forces is facist and oppresses minorities, that facism and the oppression of minorities can be excused by certain reasons or that being a part of the US armed forces does not constitute supporting the goals of the US armed forces.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Randler posted:

To be clear, I believe everything you said. It's just that an explaination is not the same thing as a justification. If you join the US armed forces, you're supporting facism and the oppression of (mostly non-American) minorities.

If you disagree with that statement you either don't believe that the US armed forces is facist and oppresses minorities, that facism and the oppression of minorities can be excused by certain reasons or that being a part of the US armed forces does not constitute supporting the goals of the US armed forces.

It's a classic case of false consciousness, those who enlist do not believe your first point and live in a world that has not yet given them a reason to question it

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Randler posted:

this is one of the stupider things you've ever said (which is saying a lot)

people often join the armed forces because it's the only way out of communities that have been shattered by drugs, gun-violence and police oppression, and that are caught in hopeless cycles of concentrated poverty where working fast-food or stocking at a department store is enough to make you the envy of your peers

most of the heinous things the military does, both externally, to others, and internally, to its own members, are not widely acknowledged or publicized outside of the liberal intelligentsia, meaning that, even if these people had the luxury of being choosy, they would not be equipped with the information to exercise that choice

you're implying a political calculus and motivation from desperate teenagers that does not exist

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
smedley butler didn't go into the military realizing he was going to be a gangster for capitalism, after all

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
officers tend to be older, more educated and its not a career path chosen for a paycheck or out of desperation and quelle surprise it is way whiter and more male than the enlisted

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

• Locked thread