Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I didn't love it as much as Tangled or Brave but it was definitely a solid game movie and better than I was expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think Zootopia's overall my favorite of that era but I think Disney's been on a pretty hot streak lately.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just want to remind everyone that Mt. Dew flavored Doritos once existed, but no longer exist. RIP

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Klaus Kinski posted:

DIY option: plastidip and a screwdriver.

Definitely not going that far lol, wouldn't have the money or space or anything to do that

CrashCat posted:

I would think the quality varies, but it would probably be worth your research time to save almost a hundred bucks

Yeah, honestly a sticker from decalgirl sounds like the best bet, though that still requires me finding some way to raise 130~ bucks for the new 3ds and the decals so idk, I don't have any income so who knows if I'll find something to do to get cash before black friday or not :| oh well

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

precision posted:

I just want to remind everyone that Mt. Dew flavored Doritos once existed, but no longer exist. RIP

Do you have any proof?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

precision posted:

They canceled them because gamers demanded quadruple XP codes and #dewanddoritos couldn't commit

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

Wreck-It Ralph is such a goddam great movie, I watch it at least once a year and it's probably still my favorite thing Disney has done since they went full CGI. Some of the references to actual games in the first act of the movie are a little forced but everything about Jane Lynch's Samus/Master Chief character as a parody of modern shooter protagonists is still as on-point as ever.

I thought it spent a little too much time in Candyland but Alan Tudyk's King Candy was delightful

bloodychill posted:

I didn't love it as much as Tangled or Brave but it was definitely a solid game movie and better than I was expecting.

Brave is better than most people give it credit for but it winning the animation Oscar in a year with Wreck-It Ralph and ParaNorman is criminal, about as bad as Big Hero 6 winning against Princess Kaguya and Song of the Sea

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I thought the romance in Wreck it Ralph was tacked on, other than that it's aces.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm still mad about zangief showing up at the villains support group

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I thought the romance in Wreck it Ralph was tacked on, other than that it's aces.

on the other hand, Felix being able to fix a broken heart makes perfect sense

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
what kind of imbecile snacks on dew flavored doritos. a true gentleman knows to separate their gamer fuel for maximum intake

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

FirstAidKite posted:

Definitely not going that far lol, wouldn't have the money or space or anything to do that

It would probably cost you like $10. Doing it inside would suck alot though :haw:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

tap my mountain posted:

I'm still mad about zangief showing up at the villains support group

Just because he's a bad guy doesn't mean he's a bad guy.

I've seen some strange push back against Wreck It Ralph. Some people feel the message is about not questioning your place in life and to just accept that some people belong at the bottom of the stack but I think that's really cynical. Being happy with who/what you are isn't a bad thing, feeling comfortable in your place in the world isn't a boot keeping you in line.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I've seen some strange push back against Wreck It Ralph. Some people feel the message is about not questioning your place in life and to just accept that some people belong at the bottom of the stack but I think that's really cynical. Being happy with who/what you are isn't a bad thing, feeling comfortable in your place in the world isn't a boot keeping you in line.

Wreck It Ralph suffers from the fact that its message is a bit muddled. It's supposed to be "Doing a job doesn't define you" but it also tries to do "Ralph actually has some legitimate personal issues, he isn't just a put-upon innocent guy" and it can end up feeling like it's saying "Yeah, actually, Ralph deserves all this poo poo."

It's kind of like The Incredibles where a couple of lines are ambiguous enough it's easy to read them as saying something a lot worse than what is probably intended.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Gene being a piece of poo poo who tries to shame Ralph for just seeking some respect doesn't help

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It bugs me that some characters are animated jerkily to make them more retro when other characters from the same game are animated normally.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

it's kind of sad. Four grown men beating up this little desert creature with their crazy weapons and poo poo. It's like going around and beating up horny toads, what the heck!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

FFXV looks dope.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I legit cried during wreck-it ralph because its message hit me real close to home and I approve of its moral of "just because you've spent your life being told that you are a bad and awful person doesn't mean that you are a bad and awful person. sometimes it just means that the people telling you that stuff are huge pricks."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I bought a PSVR. It's very fun. Cinematic Mode is also really immersive for non-VR games, although it fucks with text a bit because of the lower resolution.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I basically figured that the value of the dollar is about to drop steeply, plus imports are going to get more expensive in general, so now is the time to invest in gaming supplies.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You can also give your PSVR to your gaming enemies after spreading anthrax on the inside if you want, they will probably get cheaper soon anyway

edit: I cannot speak to the rising or falling of the price of anthrax though

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CJacobs posted:

You can also give your PSVR to your gaming enemies after spreading anthrax on the inside if you want, they will probably get cheaper soon anyway

edit: I cannot speak to the rising or falling of the price of anthrax though
I don't have enemies, because of, my natural charisma.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
You don't have any enemies because you've already erased them.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
BF1 is pretty dope. Does it just straight up lies about your K/D though.

How long until I can unlock an accurate gun?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The mystery remains: What are Facts Are Useless' SPECIAL levels? He's already confirmed CHR 10 and I dunno if he has any implants but his ability to wrangle QCS posters certainly proves it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The music in the new Blazblue kicks rear end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfpWa6MRV5o

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Looper posted:

I thought it spent a little too much time in Candyland

:agreed:

Goddamn it now I gotta watch Wreck It Ralph again, instead of roleplaying an evil bureaucrat in Tyranny, which is also awesome

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Is there a ff15 thread? I'm almost certain there is one but if there's not someone should make it. The title should be "FFXV: A Bishounen in the middle of doing an air juggle combo on God, And Other Vacation Photos"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CJacobs posted:

Is there a ff15 thread? I'm almost certain there is one but if there's not someone should make it. The title should be "FFXV: A Bishounen in the middle of doing an air juggle combo on God, And Other Vacation Photos"

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770418

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FirstAidKite posted:

I legit cried during wreck-it ralph because its message hit me real close to home and I approve of its moral of "just because you've spent your life being told that you are a bad and awful person doesn't mean that you are a bad and awful person. sometimes it just means that the people telling you that stuff are huge pricks."

Yeah. Ralph is not wrong to want to be treated better, he's just wrong when he tries to prove himself a hero in a superficial way. His goals are noble but he has to grow up and realize what really matters. And in the end everyone learns and grows a little.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm just glad the movie didn't have some dumb message pandering to nostalgic adults about how the retro games are totally better than new games and its a crime that kids play the modern shooter garbage instead.

The older games getting phased out for newer games is only a part of life in the arcade. Like it's sad that Q Bert doesn't have a home anymore but that's just the natural end for games that have outlived their prime.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

tap my mountain posted:

I'm just glad the movie didn't have some dumb message pandering to nostalgic adults about how the retro games are totally better than new games and its a crime that kids play the modern shooter garbage instead.

The older games getting phased out for newer games is only a part of life in the arcade. Like it's sad that Q Bert doesn't have a home anymore but that's just the natural end for games that have outlived their prime.

Not like it particularly matters because arcades are a rapidly dying relic of a bygone era which will probably almost entirely eliminated within the next decade or so. Everyone in WIR has a shelf life that's rapidly approaching

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Q Bert is cooler than call of duty

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And I say that as someone who has enjoyed call of duty!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

It's been a while since I've seen my boy's moustache.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Not like it particularly matters because arcades are a rapidly dying relic of a bygone era which will probably almost entirely eliminated within the next decade or so. Everyone in WIR has a shelf life that's rapidly approaching

I'm expecting WIR2 to take place in an arcade museum

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

tap my mountain posted:

Night At The Videogame Museum, starring Ben Stiller as An Actor Who Desperately Needs Work Any Work Please

edit Co-Starring Owen Wilson as the cowboy character McCree from the hit videogame Overwatch

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

tap my mountain posted:

just like toy story 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Pokemon leaks convinced me to digitally preorder Pokemon.

The Watch Dogs 2 leaks convinced me to avoid Watch Dogs 2.

Ubisoft...

• Locked thread