Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Given the intake manifold condition it hit at least ~1200degF. Probably significantly higher.

What's the plan on getting the truck's bellhousing mounting pads to line up? Cut some hockey pucks into wedge mounts and figure it out 2000 miles from now? Ratchet strap it down and roll out? Custom trans crossmember?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
More footage just before the lights and sirens rolled up

https://youtu.be/wmin5WkOuPw

kastein posted:

Given the intake manifold condition it hit at least ~1200degF. Probably significantly higher.

What's the plan on getting the truck's bellhousing mounting pads to line up? Cut some hockey pucks into wedge mounts and figure it out 2000 miles from now? Ratchet strap it down and roll out? Custom trans crossmember?

No clue that's been roasting me alive at night trying to think of something

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

kastein posted:

Reposted for fresh brainstorming

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Hockey pucks, nuts and bolts and steel box section. It won't be pretty but it will be sturdy and work. Stack/sandwich box section as needed for extra clearance?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
NO loving WAY

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
14, do you have any dietary restrictions? I'm sending a snack attack to Fury Road tomorrow morning and don't want to find out you're allergic to sugar or something after the fact

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Quick send the pictures in for their website so you can get a free streamlight.

Maybe they'll make you the spokesman.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

14 BAR RIFF posted:

NO loving WAY

Holy gently caress, whelp. Looks like I'm only buying Streamlight from now on. drat.

As SSW said, Streamlight absolutely needs to know about this. Hell, just send them the entire thread.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

14, do you have any dietary restrictions? I'm sending a snack attack to Fury Road tomorrow morning and don't want to find out you're allergic to sugar or something after the fact

I will eat anything that someone sticks in my mouth

anything.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I already sent a video to their Facebook lol

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

McTinkerson posted:

Holy gently caress, whelp. Looks like I'm only buying Streamlight from now on. drat.

As SSW said, Streamlight absolutely needs to know about this. Hell, just send them the entire thread.

This is why the fire service pretty much exclusively uses streamlight around here.

It's happens way more often than it should to ours (they get left places they shouldn't while we're pushing fire around and sometimes it's past where we left our box lights - not great practice but sometimes these 1800s houses are poo poo shows to put out and you have to change tactics a few times before everything comes together).

We have spare cases so we can replace the outside when they get really bad, but I don't think we've ever actually had a failure that took more than a case and possibly a replacement switch or lens/bulb (back when they still had bulbs).

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Can't even tell a jeep burned down here.

Perfectly smooth ball of glass I busted open to confirm identity.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also trukk comes first but I've been looking over that fastback and I dont think that motor is bad...

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Those seem like ideal gifts for those who donated to this project.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Did you find any of the sockets you left in the fire? I am now purchasing a few more stylus streamlights to add to my collection. My wife has one i have the usb rechargable my brother in law is getting one im getting two more. Those really are amazing lights for the money.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

spog posted:

Those seem like ideal gifts for those who donated to this project.

Literally the reason I'm setting them aside

My life is a DragonForce song IRL lol

https://youtu.be/15JCb6P60Vw

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
1) Relocate base camp into the husk of the van
2) Transplant 4.0 into Chevy, it was born with an I6, it will die with an I6.
3) Transplant holy V-8 into veedub.
4) Burn V8 logo into 14's chest while he is asleep.
5) Connect IV from Danno to 14.
6) Ride into Valhalla shiny and chrome.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Exxepf I already priced out branding and scarification and shits expensive yo

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Funnily enough you can buy a bellhousing to attach a 4.0 to the Muncie transmission.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
4.0 IS OFFICIALLY SIEZED AT THE CRANK

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

14 BAR RIFF posted:

4.0 IS OFFICIALLY SIEZED AT THE CRANK

This is the most surprising thing I've seen in this thread.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Not surprising considering the oil has been turned into combistion products and the copper bearings on the cams probably melted

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Currently looking for the breaker bar but it blew the head out of my snap on ratchet

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

BEHOLD, A GOD WHO BLEEDS!

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Seriously why isn't werner herzog filming this

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Hondas gonna need a new heart.

Found the manifold vacuum tree

And the other one.

Aluminum

Hood latch?

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Heat treated tools. heh...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Annealed and soft. They'll need to be re-hardened and tempered.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
YES

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

This looks like a screenshot from some survival game with HDR enabled.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Lol

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

As the world fell, each of us in our own way was broken. It was hard to know who was more crazy: me or everyone else.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

angryrobots posted:

As the world fell, each of us in our own way was broken. It was hard to know who was more crazy: me or everyone else.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
*witnesses you*

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

This thread really needs every single 5 ever given on sa attributed to it.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

By my deeds I honor you...

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

:perfect:

This thread delivers. And that extension makes me wish they sold tools with a finish like that.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
This thread needs to go on tour around the forums, so all may bask in its glory.

Also I've had one of those Streamlights sitting in my amazon 'saved for later' cart for months and immediately bought it after seeing that post.

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer

Pardon my ignorance, but wtf is/was it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So I am on vacation and following this on my phone and other than the fact that it burned to the ground, I don't seem to find anything on what happened to make it catch on fire. What happened?

• Locked thread