Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Do like pushing a million buttons to do the just a tiny bit better than an equivalent Dragoon or ninja? Then Monks the class for you.

It isn't a tiny bit. I can't keep up with an equally geared monk that knows how to play the class. The melee class DPS is inverse to their party utility. Monk's only drawback is lack of any party dps boosters but the tradeoff is a few hundred dps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I wouldn't call myself a *bad* monk, but i'm not typically beating other equally geared goons and ninjas (that raid) by hundreds of DPS. I guess it also doesn't help that the other high tier monk mains I know are almost exclusively toxic assholes so its hard to get a specific critique of what I could do differently.

I still clear content and put pubbies to shame, at least. :shobon:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I just beat Alexander raid and I'm very happy. I think it's really cool outreach that whenever they start a new raid storyline, Yoshida personally chooses a random player from the Balmung server to focus the story on. I wonder what kind of charecter the next raid set in Stormblood will be

Spoz
May 25, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Do like pushing a million buttons to do the just a tiny bit better than an equivalent Dragoon or ninja? Then Monks the class for you.

Have you even bothered playing any of those three classes? Every part of that is wrong.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The stormblood raid storyline will be doomtrain

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
PF up for Caboose (Savage)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I just beat Alexander raid and I'm very happy. I think it's really cool outreach that whenever they start a new raid storyline, Yoshida personally chooses a random player from the Balmung server to focus the story on. I wonder what kind of charecter the next raid set in Stormblood will be

For real? When'd they say this?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Augus posted:

For real? When'd they say this?

I'm pretty sure Sinners Sandwich is mocking Mide for being a boring self insert fanfic tier character.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I'm just one short of my all Roe squad, but uh...

not actually sure if I want to keep the ERP Roe around.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

ActionZero posted:

I'm pretty sure Sinners Sandwich is mocking Mide for being a boring self insert fanfic tier character.

Mide had exactly one good moment in the entire raid story and that was stone cold capping Quickthinx in the back of the head with her pistol but even that wasn't exactly impactful in the storyline and I'm pretty certain you could remove her and her tribe's presence without much issue. poo poo, I imagine it'd work so much better with existing characters and goblins and nothing else.

It seems an awful lot like they wanted to add an Au Ra character because Au Ra was the new expansion race and put basically no further thought into it then that.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Mide was fine.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

ActionZero posted:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Verranicus posted:

Mide was fine.

The "and then they went back in time and became their own great-great-great.... grandparents" part was pretty dumb.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
The sky pirates felt more interesting than either CT catte or Mide. But maybe I'm just biased cause Mhach is more interesting to me lore-wise.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

hobbesmaster posted:

The "and then they went back in time and became their own great-great-great.... grandparents" part was pretty dumb.

It doesn't really work at being uplifting either, considering it's been stated that Mide's tribe, the Hotgo, were massacred by another tribe some time recently.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I won't be able to order the lore book until December, does anyone have a list of ancient civilizations and context to their importance to the setting?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Brainamp posted:

What, I think he's fine :v:

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

The last few floors of PotD are really fun you guys.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Best raise macro I've seen so far :allears:

quote:

[12:05 a.m.](Caufeeya Kestner) EZ+Raise.COM firend Prettykitty Meowmeow Sell cheap res as low as $1.7/res, up to 20% bonus res, 8 secondd cast delivery. Get free lvl 32 pokemon acount.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Brainamp posted:

I still haven't been able to figure out what the hell Raethlota's shoes are. I have never seen any other character in the game wearing hoofboots, and it'd be really weird if a squadron recruit of all things had a unique gear asset created for them.

Top Hate and Suit
Feb 13, 2012

They look like one of the BLM PvP set boots, the wolf one.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
They're right. Wolfseye Thighboots and Wolfliege Thighboots, slight color difference between the two.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 13, 2016

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Thanks. I guess I've never paid much attention to the pvp gear, or at least never noticed the boots under the crazy robe and hat.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Brainamp posted:

Same here, I'm hunting down Raging Ox, which would bring me to five males and three females. Getting Careless Whisper would be good too.

Not keen on the weirdly naked ladyroe though.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ActionZero posted:

Oh.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Thundarr posted:

I still haven't been able to figure out what the hell Raethlota's shoes are. I have never seen any other character in the game wearing hoofboots, and it'd be really weird if a squadron recruit of all things had a unique gear asset created for them.

There is a Roe archer named Fearless Fawn, she may be easier to get.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

how

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

hobbesmaster posted:

Going to be laughed at for this, but I kinda liked it. Alexander being a primal around time, it sort of fits that it ends up engineering its own creation and stasis by layering it all within two or more paradoxes, since it can't help stop itself if it doesn't exist.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

You queued for Odin at like, 3AM PST, I guess.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I feel like the official forums have been worse than usual lately. Multiple threads begging for Viera to be added on the front page, multiple threads asking for bulge/butt sliders on character creation on the front page.. we need some trivial news to shake things up, this is what happens when things get stagnant.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Verranicus posted:

I feel like the official forums have been worse than usual lately. Multiple threads begging for Viera to be added on the front page, multiple threads asking for bulge/butt sliders on character creation on the front page.. we need some trivial news to shake things up, this is what happens when things get stagnant.

Hell. I'm glad they have things they're looking forward to.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Hell. I'm glad they have things they're looking forward to.

Neither of those things have even been hinted at being added, though.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah, every time those topics have come up the answer has been 'no' for Viera and some variation of 'hell no' for butt sliders.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

First they came for our cat asses and now they deny us bunny butts?

Tanaka would never have allowed this!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I mean, can you even imagine the dev work that would be involved in adding a new customizable mesh to every single armor in the game at this point? The only way I see that happening is if they get allocated another couple of million dollars to do a full 4k graphical upgrade.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Meanwhile in Idyllshire...

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Smart Car posted:

Meanwhile in Idyllshire...

Don't Kweh to me or my son ever again.

Is there even a remote chance they'd add a new race this expansion or is this just waifu hopes and dreams?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Pyronic posted:

Don't Kweh to me or my son ever again.

Is there even a remote chance they'd add a new race this expansion or is this just waifu hopes and dreams?

They haven't talked about one at all yet from what I understand, so probably not unless they decided to save it for Euro for some godforsaken reason.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I don't think they have the team size to pull off another race this expansion, maybe next one if they manage to find some more people that know how to make video games in Japan on something that isn't a 320x240 screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

ilifinicus posted:

I don't think they have the team size to pull off another race this expansion, maybe next one if they manage to find some more people that know how to make video games in Japan on something that isn't a 320x240 screen

lol, as if they don't all already work for them or a competitor. They need to do more international hiring, but JP games gonna JP.

I'm not sure, lore wise, how they would cram in another race if Stormblood is all about the Ala Mhigo.

• Locked thread