Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Does sky force reloaded really not save to the cloud? Like hell am I going to grind all that poo poo back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Len posted:

Does sky force reloaded really not save to the cloud? Like hell am I going to grind all that poo poo back.

There's an option to save to the cloud - it's in the settings menu.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Len posted:

It does as long as you log in to Play Games and then turn on cloud save.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I apparently had to close the app and reload it for my progress to update to where I was

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Great game where you're either a Sniper or a gang of crooks trying to dodge behind cover to get to your escape vehicle. Really fun to play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.foglo.svt

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Party Hard Go, not an Andrew WK simulator but rather a game where you stab people to death at parties is out on the Play Store. There's also an Android TV version if you're more inclined to play it that way.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

mrkillboy posted:

Party Hard Go, not an Andrew WK simulator but rather a game where you stab people to death at parties is out on the Play Store. There's also an Android TV version if you're more inclined to play it that way.
It's a port/spin-off/sequel to the Steam game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/356570/
It's an interesting little thing. You have to murder everyone at the party. If you're seen murdering or near bodies people will call the cops on you (That you need to cat and mouse hide from).
At least on the PC, levels tend to drag on where you're just cleaning up the last ten or so people around. The first third of the levels are the most fun part where you when you have traps to mass-kill people. You tamper with speakers to cause them to explode, eletrify the dance floor, rig the BBQ to set people on fire, etc. But you can only use each one once then it's slowly plodding around the level to clean up.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I'm a little late to the Skyforce Reloaded party, but please add me and marvel at my mediocrity: 51 26 76 49

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

e: nvm

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 17, 2016

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Oenis posted:

I'm a little late to the Skyforce Reloaded party, but please add me and marvel at my mediocrity: 51 26 76 49

While we're at this again add me at
11 52 26 14

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Holy poo poo, gently caress those snake things in this weekend's Sky Force tournament. How the hell are some of you getting 500k??

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

Sextro posted:

While we're at this again add me at
11 52 26 14

same

71 55 23 83

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
Has anybody tried out Nyheim? Looks a bit like Rebuild series to me.

Also, I'll probably buy the $3 board game bundle anyway, but any opinions on Splendor, Scotland Yard and The aMAZEing Labyrinth?

Viper915
Sep 18, 2005
Pokey Little Puppy

Burning Rain posted:

Has anybody tried out Nyheim? Looks a bit like Rebuild series to me.

Also, I'll probably buy the $3 board game bundle anyway, but any opinions on Splendor, Scotland Yard and The aMAZEing Labyrinth?

Splendor is a really good game, and the app version is very well done. It's a quick little euro style engine building game. Light on theme, but very tight mechanically. I don't know enough about the other two, but splendor alone is worth the extra $2. It's normally $7 on the play store. And for that matter, the $5 bundle also gets you San Juan and Galaxy Trucker, which are also both great adaptions of very fun games. San Juan is like a slightly simpler version of race for the galaxy, if you've played that. You go through a deck of cards, each of which represents a building, building up a little city by discarding cards in your hand to pay for the one you want to build. Each player takes turns with role selection that dictates what actions can be performed that round. Galaxy Trucker, you build a goofy spaceship from a bunch of tiles at the same time as a couple of opponents, and then once you each make your ship, the second part of the game is flying them on a space trucking route where different event cards get drawn and you slowly watch all of your ships get blown up, cargo lost, crew abducted, space bucks stolen, until you putter across the finish line seeing who scraped by with the most points left. This is honestly a very very strong $5 bundle.

Viper915 fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Nov 12, 2016

Dancer
May 23, 2011

hooah posted:

Holy poo poo, gently caress those snake things in this weekend's Sky Force tournament. How the hell are some of you getting 500k??

When you have them coming from the back you position yourself right between them and let them pass you. You *need* to do this to not let your combo die (or use a laser I guess).

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Viper915 posted:

Splendor is a really good game, and the app version is very well done. It's a quick little euro style engine building game. Light on theme, but very tight mechanically. I don't know enough about the other two, but splendor alone is worth the extra $2. It's normally $7 on the play store.

Scotland Yard is bland, but some people enjoy it. Splendor is light and pretty fun, and the app is really solid.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Dancer posted:

Scotland Yard is bland, but some people enjoy it. Splendor is light and pretty fun, and the app is really solid.

I'd love Scotland Yard if I had people to play with.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Heads up; Rungunjumpgun was just released on Android today, it's a port of a Steam release that seems pretty drat perfect for a mobile platform. Having a ton of fun with it right now, it's like a fast-paced action game with instant death and quick restarts in the vein of VVVVVV.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Scotland Yard is fine. A large amount of the fun comes from playing it in a room, players crowding the board planning and fighting with each other where Mr X is and how to head them off.

I like flicky games, are any of these skateboard/BMX ones any good? Stuff like this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trueaxis.trueskate&hl=en

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!

Viper915 posted:

Splendor is a really good game, and the app version is very well done. It's a quick little euro style engine building game. Light on theme, but very tight mechanically. I don't know enough about the other two, but splendor alone is worth the extra $2. It's normally $7 on the play store. And for that matter, the $5 bundle also gets you San Juan and Galaxy Trucker, which are also both great adaptions of very fun games. San Juan is like a slightly simpler version of race for the galaxy, if you've played that. You go through a deck of cards, each of which represents a building, building up a little city by discarding cards in your hand to pay for the one you want to build. Each player takes turns with role selection that dictates what actions can be performed that round. Galaxy Trucker, you build a goofy spaceship from a bunch of tiles at the same time as a couple of opponents, and then once you each make your ship, the second part of the game is flying them on a space trucking route where different event cards get drawn and you slowly watch all of your ships get blown up, cargo lost, crew abducted, space bucks stolen, until you putter across the finish line seeing who scraped by with the most points left. This is honestly a very very strong $5 bundle.

great info, thanks (and others, too)!

I won't go for $5 as I have Galaxy Trucker and Ticket to Ride already and have played San Juan to death IRL, but Splendor does sound good.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Ok I added everyone for Skyforce Reloaded. My code is 01 57 38 60.

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism
I've read a number of people complaining about Humble Bumble's handling of android games, that they are not always current versions of the app and can run poorly on newer OS's/have long standing bugs/lack feature updates, is this a realistic complaint? Considering gifting this bundle to a friend who loves board games.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

the auschwitz diet posted:

I've read a number of people complaining about Humble Bumble's handling of android games, that they are not always current versions of the app and can run poorly on newer OS's/have long standing bugs/lack feature updates, is this a realistic complaint? Considering gifting this bundle to a friend who loves board games.

It's not really a huge concern. If you're planning on playing single player you won't see any problems, or if playing with a friend on the same device.
I doubt there will be huge changes with a board game version of an app.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the auschwitz diet posted:

It's a bit like getting Android apps from any third-party source: sometimes the app maker doesn't care to keep them as updated, or they make a goof in the APK that would normally be caught by Play Store publishing tools, or so on. I haven't bought any Android bundles on Humble for several years, but for the few that I bought, the games were always up-to-date as of the time the bundle ran. The real question is how long they will update it afterward, and how frequently. Looking in my Humble library right now, I guess the Kingdom Rush people decided to update that app about a month ago, probably to the latest version that they released to Play in August, so that gives you one idea of how it can go. My version of Ticket to Ride (bought several years ago) was updated just back in June, so it looks like that game at least has some attention paid to it.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Knowlue posted:

same
71 55 23 83

CascadeBeta posted:

Ok I added everyone for Skyforce Reloaded. My code is 01 57 38 60.

Skyforce Reloaded / SFR friend code:

This is the first game I've played in this series. It's really good!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

My Galaxy S5 is on its last legs, probably going to upgrade soon. Is there a certain step I need to take to make sure all of my purchased games are redownloadable onto a new phone? Last time I upgraded to a new phone it told me I had to repurchase certain games, even though I was using the same Google account.

I kinda want to get Party Hard Go for an upcoming trip but don't want to spend $7 if I have to rebuy it in a couple weeks.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Hobo Clown posted:

My Galaxy S5 is on its last legs, probably going to upgrade soon. Is there a certain step I need to take to make sure all of my purchased games are redownloadable onto a new phone? Last time I upgraded to a new phone it told me I had to repurchase certain games, even though I was using the same Google account.

I kinda want to get Party Hard Go for an upcoming trip but don't want to spend $7 if I have to rebuy it in a couple weeks.

Man that's weird. I've been using Android since 2010 and have started fresh on entirely too many phones because I used to be really bad at breaking them and have never had to rebuy things

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Hobo Clown posted:

Samsung has an awesome utility called SmartSwitch that will transfer all your games and everything over to the new phone. But even if you don't use that you should not have to re-buy anything.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Hobo Clown posted:

If you purchase an app on the play store, it will follow you forever (actually it's real slick now, automatically redownloading everything and putting any favourites and widgets back on your desktop, but that might just be a nexus thing)

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Hmmm, ok. I'll have to try those. Thanks!

I remember I had downloaded Where's My Water and bought all the extra levels, but when I downloaded it again on my new phone I'd lost access.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Hobo Clown posted:

I remember I had downloaded Where's My Water and bought all the extra levels, but when I downloaded it again on my new phone I'd lost access.

Stuff like DLC is usually not downloaded immediately - you have to tie your google play account to the game, then usually there's a 'restore purchases' option somewhere in a menu. But that should definitely work.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
Just learned that the Quest was ported to Android. Picked it up since I loved it on iOS. Great turn based RPG that's kinda like The Elder Scrolls in your pocket.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hu.redshift.thequest

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Skyforce bugged out and unlocked like half the game for me. I was getting a little annoyed at dying on L4-Normal, but this is not the solution I wanted. I think I'm going to just hit the reset button, but it sucks to erase several hours worth of "accomplishments" :v:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Do we have an alliance for Kill Shot Bravo? I'm liking this game a surprising amount.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

mrEkli posted:

Just learned that the Quest was ported to Android. Picked it up since I loved it on iOS. Great turn based RPG that's kinda like The Elder Scrolls in your pocket.

Oh man I thought this was never gonna happen because the code was a mess. I've been waiting for this.

Viper915
Sep 18, 2005
Pokey Little Puppy

Hobo Clown posted:

Also if any of your games were obtained through the Amazon app store, or from humble bundles, then the Google play store doesn't know that and would think you didn't purchase them, even though you would be able to download them again via the respective 3rd party app.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Morpheus posted:

Stuff like DLC is usually not downloaded immediately - you have to tie your google play account to the game, then usually there's a 'restore purchases' option somewhere in a menu. But that should definitely work.
You do not have to "tie your Google Play account to the game" for the purpose of DLC. All purchases are tied to the Google account that you were logged into in Play when you downloaded/installed the game.

However, there are two types of DLC: permanent and one-time. Usually these correspond to things like unlocks and coins/gems respectively but on occasion some developer is a dick and uses one-time DLC for everything and you lose it when you get a new phone.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

mrEkli posted:

I feel like I had this exact game for my Palm tungsten E way back in the day. Have there been past iterations of this same game?

Edit: I mean obviously it didn't look as sharp, of course.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I just posted in the Steam thread that FreeCell Quest is 75% off right now, making it dirt cheap, and I wonder; Is there anything like that on the Play store? I have that FreeCell game by Softick, but I'd love to see Noodlecake's take on it. Sadly, their card game isn't quite the same thing (I forget the name).

I need more FreeCell in my life :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
I am looking forward to a couple of 14 hour flights soon. In preparation I have bought a game pad (one of those not-playstation ones) that works with mobile. It works pretty well with some racing games. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with good controller compatible games for android, not really limited to any genre. I am using an s7 edge so hopefully that means I can run anything out on the market comfortably. Thank you.