Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

platooning with a really good french player who is spouting communist stuff the entire game. pretty fun

How can I get in on this? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I just logged off, apparently he only plays on the NA servers when he's drunk and wants to kill americans.

lmao

he only plays church 3 and su-100y though, since that's all he bought here

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

SU-8 is probably the easiest arty to Ace. I Aced it three times trying to get the third kill for the secondary on SPG 5 for the T-55A.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

McGavin posted:

SU-8 is probably the easiest arty to Ace. I Aced it three times trying to get the third kill for the secondary on SPG 5 for the T-55A.

there's no such thing with arty, its more or less random luck

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

the leF is pretty reliable.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hellsau posted:

Turmoil's first experience with Clan Wars.

WG decided it really didn't like giving out free gold and tanks to colluding clans, so they made CW so grating and lovely that it would pit member against member and keep clan existence fluid and burnout/turnover frequent.

They initiated...

The Hellsau Protocol

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 13, 2016

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao the Bc 25t AP is ridiculously good, why did they think giving an autoloader good mobility, good concealment and good spotting, all that in a small package was in any way whatsoever fair?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Creamed Cormp posted:

lmao the Bc 25t AP is ridiculously good, why did they think giving an autoloader good mobility, good concealment and good spotting, all that in a small package was in any way whatsoever fair?

have you played the tier 9 skoda yet

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
As a european player, I have a very strict "no eastern euros" rule, so no.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Creamed Cormp posted:

As a european player, I have a very strict "no eastern euros" rule, so no.

SIEMA? PL?

SIEMA PL?

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
FuLL TEAM DEBIL HOMO PIEZDRYCZK SIEMA JUDEN KIL YOURE FAMILY U NOOBS BOBS US IS OF BAD !!!!!

full disclaimer : french people are even worse

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Hellsau posted:

have you played the tier 9 skoda yet

no but I got a rental for the skoda t40 or whatever and it seems really good

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

thylacine posted:

I always enjoy when I'm in a situation that involves shooting a Borsig with HE (usually from my own Borsig).

One of my favorite games I played in this was me in a E-100 right around the time the 2nd german TD line was released. Games were full of Rhoombas, WTPz4s and WTE-100s. I just loaded HE and would bloop them for 1000+ damage. I hit a WTE and killed their gunner and a loader, plus broke their gun. I don't think he landed a shot for the rest of the game.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

CitizenKain posted:

I hit a WTE and killed their gunner and a loader, plus broke their gun. I don't think he landed a shot for the rest of the game.

To be fair that's probably because they were bad - the WTE100 was so accurate to begin with that with a broken gun, it was still one of the most accurate tier 10s, and having a dead gunner too would make it about as accurate as your E100.

The tank was dumb.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Descar posted:

there's no such thing with arty, its more or less random luck

It's more like the requirements for Ace in the SU-8 are so low because most people are so terrible in it that you get it if you do more than 2k damage.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
I had a game with nine total artillery yesterday. I was in a Churchill III... on Malinovka. I just double tapped "R" and started my slow climb up the hill with the full knowledge that I would get obliterated shortly after being spotted. In retrospect, I should have just drove across the field.

Fun stuff, Wargaming.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

McGavin posted:

It's more like the requirements for Ace in the SU-8 are so low because most people are so terrible in it that you get it if you do more than 2k damage.

Yeah, I got my ace tanker in the Skoda T-24 yesterday: 1350 damage, mostly to tier 6 and 7 tanks. It might have been 900ish experience?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

So apparently the AT 15 can go straight over the flatbed rail cars in Prokhorovka. I wonder which other tanks can do this?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Where is my drat new Type 4 howitzer?

:mad:

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

https://gfycat.com/FastDarlingBluetickcoonhound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B42-16K6o2w
Bulldoglyfe

apseudonym fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 13, 2016

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

So, question for you fellas. I see there's discounts on a few tanks, and I have some I can unlock. Which of these do you think is worth buying:

Tiger II
Panther II
T49
Comedy Option: Churchill BP :lol:

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Blindeye posted:

So, question for you fellas. I see there's discounts on a few tanks, and I have some I can unlock. Which of these do you think is worth buying:

Comedy Option: Churchill BP :lol:

The churchill BP is underwhelming but needs to be ground through, the caernarvon terrible but the conqueror makes up for it.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

12500 gold buys quite a lot of armor steel

not pictured: extra gun depression and side armor

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Prav posted:

7500 did too :v:

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Chillyrabbit posted:

The churchill BP is underwhelming but needs to be ground through, the caernarvon terrible but the conqueror makes up for it.

Keep in mind I have an M103 and am halfway to the T110E5, so it's not like a "tough turret, nice 120mm gun" tank isn't already in my garage.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

The british 120 is nicer than the american one.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Remember everyone, if your rack is yellow, repair immediately.

Prav posted:

120mm to 175mm makes the shot trap a lot less punishing, I suppose.

Blindeye posted:

Keep in mind I have an M103 and am halfway to the T110E5, so it's not like a "tough turret, nice 120mm gun" tank isn't already in my garage.

Do you actually think the M103's turret is tough? If so the Conq's turret will feel indestructible.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Remember everyone, if your rack is yellow, repair immediately.

120mm to 175mm makes the shot trap a lot less punishing, I suppose.

Do you actually think the M103's turret is tough? If so the Conq's turret will feel indestructible.

I feel like maybe 10% of players seem to know about that bar of armor that can be overmatched. It's almost absurd how many times I had no business blocking 3-4k damage with almost no health left.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
I didn't realize the Tiger II was on sale, is it, uh, worth it? Does it play the same as the Tiger I, can you side scrape with it or is it a sniper.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
http://imgur.com/a/NYSEI http://wotreplays.com/site/3090189#siegfried_line-turmoilx-koda_t_50

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

The gently caress is "chai sniping".

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The gently caress is "chai sniping".

a chinese clan called "CHAI" when they were new they used to ALWAYS be right on top of the red line every single game, sniping they were good at farming damage too

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

drat, 1.3k exp and still only 1st class.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Where the gently caress do you shoot the T26E5? They are ruining my IS-6 wet dreams (well some of them at least).

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Cartoon posted:

Where the gently caress do you shoot the T26E5? They are ruining my IS-6 wet dreams (well some of them at least).

Dead center lower glacis and the cupola:

And despite the red armor, it looks like the MG outcropping would be a safe bet since it's almost 90 degrees vertical.

And I finally bought an IS-6...I'm waiting for a camo sale to make it pretty, though.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 14, 2016

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah, the cupola is pretty weak. It's not as bullshit frontally as some tanks, you just gotta be smart. I'd rather see this hull down that a T32, that's for sure.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

for a second my brain stopped working and i thought you got a 70 thousand xp 5x.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

McGavin posted:

drat, 1.3k exp and still only 1st class.

because i stole the ace about 2 or 3 times now hehe

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

lets see if i can ditch this terrible goonz clan and join LOAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

lets see if i can ditch this terrible goonz clan and join LOAD

get a load of this guy not sticking with his lovely clan and telling a good story after the campaign is over

Also was it really that bad? You've got a reasonable amount of fame. What you really want to do is end up in one of the top 15 clans after the event, since if you play 15 battles with them and they're top 15 overall in clan fame at the end, you get a tank regardless of your fame. join one of these clans except for Red Sky who are terrible, RELIC who are terrible people, or one of the anime clans if you can't take the weeaboo straight up.