Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

rediscover posted:

RE3 is way more stressful than the other games.. Idk how long I can keep this up

I think it's underrated and fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RE3 an Parasite Eve 2 are still installed on my vita and I don't think I've ever launched them

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The final boss of parasite eve 2 defeated me for like 4 years. Really good game. Book is good too

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

tumor looking batty posted:

I think it's underrated and fun

I really like it so far but its a lot less linear and theres more zombies and nemesis is scary and I'm going to have to get used to it because right now I've had it paused in the background for like an hour building up the strength to go back into Raccoon City

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I like that it feels more open, to clarify. IDK if it actually is less linear but it feels like there's more different ways to go than the other ones which were fairly straight lines to the end

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

this derpy klurf is trying to play me3 again

also got world of final fantasy and some game i've never heard of before today called gravity rush that's apparently good??? on the burner

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

steep beta, titanfall, r6 siege and idk probably something esle

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

I like that it feels more open, to clarify. IDK if it actually is less linear but it feels like there's more different ways to go than the other ones which were fairly straight lines to the end

Three is more linear but the threat of nemesis does so much for the game. It's one of those things that breaks down if you know when he's going to show up, but the game ages pretty well if you haven't played it for 20 years or know all the ends and outs

but every RE game is more linear than 1 and the hd remake. They get progressively more linear but not worse except for 5 and 6. Which are fine games imo just not great

frank.club fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Nov 12, 2016

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Resident Evil 0 hard mode, finally beat the lab and am at the factory. So far I really hate the bat boss but love the rest of the game.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I like how the difficulty options in re3 are HARD MODE and EASY MODE. I picked hard mode, natch

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
holy poo poo they added a way for you to move faster when youre walking in steep. they fixed my only complaint from the beta

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

I like how the difficulty options in re3 are HARD MODE and EASY MODE. I picked hard mode, natch

In Kirby Star Stacked the difficulties are listed as Normal, Hard, Harder, Hardest and Insane, and Normal is actually the tutorial , completely insane ordering

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

oh god damnit im getting that factorio itch again

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

How's tyranny

Update: it rules insanely hard

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Resident Evil 0 hard mode, finally beat the lab and am at the factory. So far I really hate the bat boss but love the rest of the game.

The bat boss is the meanest thing in all of resident evil because it's specifically designed to gently caress with the already wierd aiming controls.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

The bat boss is the meanest thing in all of resident evil because it's specifically designed to gently caress with the already wierd aiming controls.

I think the aiming controls are really good. Well actually when I think about it its hard to tell when a zombie is close enough to aim up for the decap shot or not etc, but mostly it works pretty solid. I remember in RE2 (didnt really try tihs in REmake) you could blow a zombies whole drat head off by aiming up even though he was still a couple feet away from u and the gun is pretty much just pointing at the ceiling

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

rediscover posted:

I think the aiming controls are really good. Well actually when I think about it its hard to tell when a zombie is close enough to aim up for the decap shot or not etc, but mostly it works pretty solid. I remember in RE2 (didnt really try tihs in REmake) you could blow a zombies whole drat head off by aiming up even though he was still a couple feet away from u and the gun is pretty much just pointing at the ceiling

It works in REmake too, and using the shotgun to do it seems to work way more often.

Anyway I just realized that I left 8 magnum rounds in the lab and I'm sad now. I hope I can get back there easily.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

rediscover posted:

I mean that boss throws like 10 airborne targets at you when you need to hit one specifically, it's pretty messed up and theyre all attacking you at once and resetting your aim.

You can do the aim up decapitation in remake but they made the timing window shorter to mess with people who had it on muscle memory.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

What you got?

Like 50 bells, brah. Soz.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Chrysler building full clear tonight in Parasite Eve

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

The Chrysler building full clear tonight in Parasite Eve

Love that game, very unique

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bravely default and FFXV demo. Relaxing with some JRPGs and coffee

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I thought the new demo was Japan only?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

same here, DQ7 and coffee tonight. nothing like Extremely COmfy Videogames after a tough week

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I thought the new demo was Japan only?

It is but it has English voice/text and I've got a Japanese psn account from past demos and importing

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Gears 4

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Going 2 pinball party

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Dragon Age Origins because I can't buy Tyranny until I get my new card

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I accidentally bought Tyranny when I bought Dishonored 2 so I'll probably try both and get muh Watchmans on.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Are the hitman games good? I haven't managed to play any of them and don't know what to expect.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Doing the Zelda mm 3ds town mini games. Hands are sweaty, muttering curse words. Wish me luck, gamers

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Dragon Age Origins because I can't buy Tyranny until I get my new card

Tyranny is freaking good and I've been playing it a lot this weekend. It's the best game about being a murderous bureaucrat in a brutal empire.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Are the hitman games good? I haven't managed to play any of them and don't know what to expect.

Blood money is really good and holds up well. The newest one kicks rear end and is one of my favorite games this year

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Grinding beans and grinding JP on a lovely Sunday.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bet this cave where you start every encounter with 3BP is going to be a godsend for post game grinding

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Tyranny is freaking good and I've been playing it a lot this weekend. It's the best game about being a murderous bureaucrat in a brutal empire.

I haven't played enough to officially declare it but it's shaping up to be my favorite game of the year so far.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Is it a much better than Pillars of Eternity? I haven't played either and probably don't have time to play more than one these days so if one is much better I will play that

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Is it a much better than Pillars of Eternity? I haven't played either and probably don't have time to play more than one these days so if one is much better I will play that

I'm liking it a lot better, yeah. Combat's mainly the same but flashier, the setting, plot, and writing are all 1000x more interesting. And I liked PoE a good deal.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The Treacherous Tower arena thing is so fuckin' cool in Link Between Worlds and I want to crush it completely before finishing the game. They gave me an improved lamp and I think I get a better bug net after the next time I beat it and I am pumped to find out what the final thing they give you is after that. This game is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I'm liking it a lot better, yeah. Combat's mainly the same but flashier, the setting, plot, and writing are all 1000x more interesting. And I liked PoE a good deal.

I'm amazed that this was made by the B Team of Obsidian while the main talent is working on PoE 2