Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
How does your student loan debt make you feel? Tell us in 3 emojis or less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

tadashi posted:

They decided the 2008 primary election strategy would surely work in a general election if they just tried it again.

REFORMER
WITH
RESULTS

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
for posterity, a la the DnD political cartoon thread:

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Every incestuous, mongrel dipshit hayseed buttfuck crawled out of their rotting logs out in the holler and stumbled to the polls and we had to count their loving votes and they won. And they didn't vote because trump is going to make their lives better, but because trump is going to make brown peoples' lives worse than their own, and pettiness forms a great chunk of the seething obsidian morass that one could generously describe as their spirit.

nice

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

bump_fn posted:

Just got off the phone w some friends and family about calling their reps and getting involved and I feel like that dbz Alex jones video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKVMUGwKcLE

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Th s is literally me I'm going t a meeting tomorrow and convinced a few ppl to call their DNC reps

if I go down I go down fighting

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

nice

He is the toilet

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

I think the politoon thread has consumed some people who follow it. The idea behind the first incarnation was to contrast the intelligence, knowledge, and guts required to really talk about politics on a meaningful level with how just goddamn stupid the political cartoon universe is. It was "could you imagine the type of people who only see issues through these cartoons? Can you imagine how little they'd get?"
I think the thread is now full of those people.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

He is the toilet

"out in the holler."

Jesus Christ.

I haven't heard that phrase since my family got a bunch of Jeff Foxworthy recordings off of Napster. He is so goddamn pissed that someone who lives out in the holler had the sheer indecency to vote.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

hailthefish posted:

fixed it for you, so you can be less offended, god bless

Is it wrong that whenever I see a 2x2 comic and it isn't a loss edit my brain rejects what it's seeing?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Perhaps it is a loss edit, in its way.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
ok i didnt have time 2 put as much work in as i wanted but i think it's still rpetty good

keep it loose yall anarchy forever

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

Huh, weird. This corncob seems to be moving. It's almost like it's alive.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Grondoth posted:

I think the politoon thread has consumed some people who follow it. The idea behind the first incarnation was to contrast the intelligence, knowledge, and guts required to really talk about politics on a meaningful level with how just goddamn stupid the political cartoon universe is. It was "could you imagine the type of people who only see issues through these cartoons? Can you imagine how little they'd get?"
I think the thread is now full of those people.

Cartoons for real make people dumb as poo poo

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Bass Bottles posted:

I feel like, no matter what happens, there will always be people at the end of everything saying "I knew it all along! How could you not have seen the obvious?"

Like, maybe it's true, but demonizing people isn't really helpful??? Idk. I find it hard to believe that HRC didn't do everything she thought necessary to win. But I also agree that she and her methods need to be completely wiped aside and the Bernie faction needs to give their thing a shot.

I mean I'm focusing my anger mostly on the people who ran a bad campaign and let this happen. Secondary is the people who want to just blame it all on racists instead of improving the party and winning elections.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
focus your anger on two groups: (a) the people who hosed this up and (b) the people who are at serious risk because of the fuckup. also dont just be angry be active

BE
ACTIVE
YOU
loving
GOONS

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
gonna go to the state dem meeting and yell at some superdelegates

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lol

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

same

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

How does the DNC make you feel? Tell us in three emojis or less.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

exmarx posted:

im glad anime are more than cartoons then

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

bump_fn posted:

focus your anger on two groups: (a) the people who hosed this up and (b) the people who are at serious risk because of the fuckup. also dont just be angry be active

BE
ACTIVE
YOU
loving
GOONS

I will actively spread the word to idiot millennials that midterm elections are a thing and important

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkjQgRHdvYg

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/cd_hooks/status/797926092157792256

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
bernie is good
https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/797910430693789696

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

DOUBLING DOWN ON KEITH RN

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

how is this bad?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

get a haircut you hippy

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

Breaking News: Rep. Ellison overheard discussing "rock(ing) the casbah"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Digiwizzard posted:

Huh, weird. This corncob seems to be moving. It's almost like it's alive.

babies punchin babies

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
I've posted this a million times but also i skip posts so i assume everyone else does: when talking to people about DNC reform: be empathic. dont shut them down by saying they were wrong. also if they're democrats talk about the new deal that gets dems hard as gently caress

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

Reince Priebus named Trump's chief of staff :sad:

Any news if Fat Reek will get a job?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

etalian posted:

Any news if Fat Reek will get a job?

fat reek's reward will be, at best, a presidential pardon for bridgegate

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
coke bloat steve bannon got chief strategist so he'll be in charge of making sure liberals are properly punished or whatever

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

fat reek's reward will be, at best, a presidential pardon for bridgegate

we'll find something else. :unsmigghh:

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/clintons-popular-vote-lead-will-grow-and-grow/507455/

This article is interesting because it's actually a good bridge if you're trying to convince centrist liberals to support more progressive policy. Clinton did, in fact, mobilize a pretty significant number of Democratic voters. In fact, her turnout might be within striking distance of Obama '12, which is pretty impressive since Obama had all of Clinton's brilliance, none of her baggage, and a lot of charisma. But middle America wasn't part of that coalition. They were left out, and they voted for Trump instead because they were desperate, because they were tired, and because, yes, some of them were racists who'd normally have sat it out, but we don't need or want #3. Democrats and millenials didn't fail Clinton, unless by that you mean you want to organize a million Democrats to move to the Rust Belt.

Clinton didn't fail to inspire the people she was talking to and the people whose issues she was speaking of addressing. She just, like so many people before her, failed to address the issues of a group which was hurting and desperate and looking with nostalgia in better times, and Trump tapped into that vein of dissatisfaction. The one thing Trump said that resonates with me right now is this. "What the hell have you got to lose?" I think, more than "Make America Great Again," that's what Trump's campaign was based on, and why it won. We let these guys rot so long they figured they had nothing to lose. And we hosed up. We took them for granted and we hosed up.

Thinking of it, I think the whole "Clinton was a Bad Candidate with a Bad Campaign (TM)" message is somewhat counterproductive no matter how true it is because it implies that if Clinton had been more charismatic (like Corey Booker) and her campaign had tweaked its algorithms better, they'd have won handily. Which is:

1. Probably true;
2. Justifies centrists going "we can do the same thing in 2020 and win."
3. Is probably going to make people who supported Clinton less inclined to listen (see #2).

And I get that lots of you guys got shat on by Clinton supporters and schadenfreude is fun and good but you're gonna need to convince the centrists to shut up and vote for your candidate too at some point. I agree with about 90% of what's said in this thread. I agree that there are systemic issues with the Democratic party as it is. But I think that these issues are systemic-and it's not just about Clinton.

MJ12 has issued a correction as of 23:48 on Nov 13, 2016

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

MJ12 posted:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/clintons-popular-vote-lead-will-grow-and-grow/507455/

This article is interesting because it's actually a good bridge if you're trying to convince centrist liberals to support more progressive policy. Clinton did, in fact, mobilize a pretty significant number of Democratic voters. In fact, her turnout might be within striking distance of Obama '12, which is pretty impressive since Obama had all of Clinton's brilliance, none of her baggage, and a lot of charisma. But middle America wasn't part of that coalition. They were left out, and they voted for Trump instead because they were desperate, because they were tired, and because, yes, some of them were racists who'd normally have sat it out, but we don't need or want #3. Democrats and millenials didn't fail Clinton, unless by that you mean you want to organize a million Democrats to move to the Rust Belt.

Clinton didn't fail to inspire the people she was talking to and the people whose issues she was speaking of addressing. She just, like so many people before her, failed to address the issues of a group which was hurting and desperate and looking with nostalgia in better times, and Trump tapped into that vein of dissatisfaction. The one thing Trump said that resonates with me right now is this. "What the hell have you got to lose?" I think, more than "Make America Great Again," that's what Trump's campaign was based on, and why it won. We let these guys rot so long they figured they had nothing to lose. And we hosed up. We took them for granted and we hosed up.

Thinking of it, I think the whole "Clinton was a Bad Candidate with a Bad Campaign (TM)" message is somewhat counterproductive no matter how true it is because it implies that if Clinton had been more charismatic (like Corey Booker) and her campaign had tweaked its algorithms better, they'd have won handily. Which is:

1. Probably true;
2. Justifies centrists going "we can do the same thing in 2020 and win."
3. Is probably going to make people who supported Clinton less inclined to listen (see #2).

And I get that lots of you guys got shat on by Clinton supporters and schadenfreude is fun and good but you're gonna need to convince the centrists to shut up and vote for your candidate too at some point. I agree with about 90% of what's said in this thread. I agree that there are systemic issues with the Democratic party as it is. But I think that these issues are systemic-and

this is an extremely good post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

exmarx posted:

• Locked thread