Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Non Serviam posted:

Because cucumbers are disgusting raw.

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Non Serviam posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you people?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Non Serviam posted:

get a load of this loving guy

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
if you're cool like you, you eat cucumbers after you eat someone greasy/spicy to clear your palate.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

if you're cool like you, you eat cucumbers after you eat someone greasy/spicy to clear your palate.

i try to avoid greasy/spicy partners

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

No Such Thing As Gardening Leave
Parking Lot | Sacramento, CA, USA | Crazy Requests, Time

(It’s 11 pm and the store closed at 9. I’m in my car, in the back of the parking lot, on my lunch, taking a nap. I’m not wearing my employee vest or my name tag. Someone knocks on my car window, waking me up.)

Customer: “I can’t get into the garden department!”

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Tunicate posted:

No Such Thing As Gardening Leave
Parking Lot | Sacramento, CA, USA | Crazy Requests, Time

(It’s 11 pm and the store closed at 9. I’m in my car, in the back of the parking lot, on my lunch, taking a nap. I’m not wearing my employee vest or my name tag. Someone knocks on my car window, waking me up.)

Customer: “I can’t get into the garden department!”

I don't see how this one is all that weird? Poster works at a Walmart superstore or something, and mans one of the later-opened areas. They're on lunch and some customer doesn't realize that the gardening department has different operating hours from the main part of the store so they bothered an employee they saw, because employees inside were probably difficult to find in the giant, empty store.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Liberals have gone full Tea Party.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Captain Monkey posted:

I don't see how this one is all that weird? Poster works at a Walmart superstore or something, and mans one of the later-opened areas. They're on lunch and some customer doesn't realize that the gardening department has different operating hours from the main part of the store so they bothered an employee they saw, because employees inside were probably difficult to find in the giant, empty store.

They're on lunch and taking a nap in the parking lot just before midnight two hours after the store closed?

So a customer comes up to a random car in a parking lot at night after the store is closed to ask about a department?

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 21:17 on Nov 12, 2016

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Cucumbers are good raw, it's just weird to think of eating one not cut up. I'd eat slices all day though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

Cucumbers are good raw, it's just weird to think of eating one not cut up. I'd eat slices all day though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYes1LOLcyo

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Tunicate posted:

They're on lunch and taking a nap in the parking lot just before midnight two hours after the store closed?

So a customer comes up to a random car in a parking lot at night after the store is closed to ask about a department?

The garden department was closed. The rest of the Walmart was open. The employee worked overnight in the open part of the store and was taking a nap during their lunch hour. I don't understand what is difficult to grasp. Do you not live in the US, or just live in an area without Walmarts?

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

What, why? You eat bananas, don't you? And it's almost 100% water so it's not like the traditional American snack block'o'cheese.

Cucumbers are part of food, not real food. They can go in a salad or be sliced on the side or something, but munching down on one like an apple or a pear is hosed up.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Captain Monkey posted:

The garden department was closed. The rest of the Walmart was open. The employee worked overnight in the open part of the store and was taking a nap during their lunch hour. I don't understand what is difficult to grasp. Do you not live in the US, or just live in an area without Walmarts?

The story says "It’s 11 pm and the store closed at 9."

So the rest of the walmart wasn't open, apparently.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Tunicate posted:

The story says "It’s 11 pm and the store closed at 9."

So the rest of the walmart wasn't open, apparently.

Then they work at a different store with a shared lot.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Captain Monkey posted:

Then they work at a different store with a shared lot.

Gimme the shovel, you're deep enough.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Gimme the shovel, you're deep enough.

Its just so banal I guess. Why even lie about it?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Who has a lunch break at nearly midnight. That's not lunch.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Stoatbringer posted:

How do you cook them?

I got them mixed up with zucchinis, sorry.
Cucumbers are disgusting always.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Maw posted:

Who has a lunch break at nearly midnight. That's not lunch.

Someone who works overnight? If you're on the 8pm-5am shift that sounds about right.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Prism posted:

Someone who works overnight? If you're on the 8pm-5am shift that sounds about right.

Isn't that dinner?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Non Serviam posted:

Isn't that dinner?

Yeah that's dinner. Lunch is the middle of the day and I won't hear otherwise.

Solid yes on raw cucumber though, poo poo's delicious and refreshing

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Non Serviam posted:

Isn't that dinner?

When I worked nights we called it a lunch break (to differentiate it from other, shorter breaks), but it was on you what you wanted to do with it, including eat dinner.

Working overnight is a weird experience.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

dordreff posted:

Cucumbers are part of food, not real food. They can go in a salad or be sliced on the side or something, but munching down on one like an apple or a pear is hosed up.

I hope you get better :kiddo:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Captain Monkey posted:

shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: Why even lie about it?

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

My brother does this. He'll just sit down and munch his way through a whole, unsliced cucumber. He also eats apple cores. He is not, for the record, a goat.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Even when the store's closed they still have people stocking overnight

Not every walmart is open 24 hours

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I bet you're all supertasters. Eat your loving vegetables.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I bet you're all supertasters. Eat your loving vegetables.
Pizza got ordered a couple of weeks ago at work for a meeting and I got to watch a grown man request a pizza with no vegetables.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Elysiume posted:

Pizza got ordered a couple of weeks ago at work for a meeting and I got to watch a grown man request a pizza with no vegetables.

Some people can't tolerate the tomato sauce man.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Elysiume posted:

Where is that clip from The IT Crowd where Roy is shocked to discover that you're meant to eat five serves of vegetables a day, not five serves a week?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
:lol: at the idiots who can't understand how overnight stocking works. Not every Wal-Mart is 24 hours.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I have worked 8pm-4am for most of the last 6.5 years. I wake up to an alarm at 6pm. I eat breakfast, often actual breakfast foods, at 7:30 pm, while wishing coworkers "good morning". I have dinner, with regular dinner food, at 4:30-7:30 am.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am hesitant to share since it is so personal. However, I am appalled by a situation I experienced tonight and just have to talk about it.

Tonight was my second appointment with a therapist. I lost a child several years ago and find therapy beneficial every now and then. My first appointment (pre-election) went well. The therapist, a male in his sixties, seemed nice enough. We spent the session just going over some history and setting goals. A typical therapy "getting to know you" session. Tonight was not so typical. Upon arrival, I informed him the last few days have been hard for me due to feelings associated with the heartbreak I felt over the outcome of the election. His response to my statement shocked me. The therapist said "the other side as felt that way for years". He then began to question why I have progressive views of politics. He actually asked me to explain why I thought partial birth abortions are ok. He stated the hot mic talk was what guys talk like in locker-rooms. The man stated the media made up the hate rhetoric. Then the political science lesson began! He informed me that Roe V Wade was a case about privacy and not anything to do with abortion or women's rights. The Supreme Court doesn't have any power and that they have over stepped their place in regards to gay marriage rights. The decision should should be left to the states and if a gay couple lives
in a state that does not recognize gay marriage they should move to one that does.

After 45 minutes of him talking AT me, he abruptly says "so you had an abortion, right?" Umm...No. I had finally had enough. I informed him that you don't have to have had an abortion to be pro choice. I don't have to be lesbian to support LGBTQ rights. One doesn't have to be a person of color to support racial equality. He looked at me with condemnation and asked what my husband thought of my views. Really?! I am so angry right now! I sought assistance with grief and instead received the third degree and judgement. Well, I am no longer sad .. I am PISSED!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Paladinus posted:

I am hesitant to share since it is so personal. However, I am appalled by a situation I experienced tonight and just have to talk about it.

Tonight was my second appointment with a therapist. I lost a child several years ago and find therapy beneficial every now and then. My first appointment (pre-election) went well. The therapist, a male in his sixties, seemed nice enough. We spent the session just going over some history and setting goals. A typical therapy "getting to know you" session. Tonight was not so typical. Upon arrival, I informed him the last few days have been hard for me due to feelings associated with the heartbreak I felt over the outcome of the election. His response to my statement shocked me. The therapist said "the other side as felt that way for years". He then began to question why I have progressive views of politics. He actually asked me to explain why I thought partial birth abortions are ok. He stated the hot mic talk was what guys talk like in locker-rooms. The man stated the media made up the hate rhetoric. Then the political science lesson began! He informed me that Roe V Wade was a case about privacy and not anything to do with abortion or women's rights. The Supreme Court doesn't have any power and that they have over stepped their place in regards to gay marriage rights. The decision should should be left to the states and if a gay couple lives
in a state that does not recognize gay marriage they should move to one that does.

After 45 minutes of him talking AT me, he abruptly says "so you had an abortion, right?" Umm...No. I had finally had enough. I informed him that you don't have to have had an abortion to be pro choice. I don't have to be lesbian to support LGBTQ rights. One doesn't have to be a person of color to support racial equality. He looked at me with condemnation and asked what my husband thought of my views. Really?! I am so angry right now! I sought assistance with grief and instead received the third degree and judgement. Well, I am no longer sad .. I am PISSED!

Leave a bad Yelp review.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

flosofl posted:

Leave a bad Yelp review.

I thought that was a yelp review

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Paladinus posted:

After 45 minutes of him talking AT me

even in your fantasies you're a coward.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Furia posted:

I thought that was a yelp review

It's a yelp, but not really a review.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

Paladinus posted:

You might consider sending a formal complaint to his regulatory college. (What is the source for this stdh?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dogfish posted:

You might consider sending a formal complaint to his regulatory college. (What is the source for this stdh?)

A facebook group for supporters of Hillary Clinton.

Current political climate in the US is perfect for fresh stdh about horrible white men attacking women in the streets with threats of violence in form of well-prepared ten minute long monologues, and marines and policemen, brave patriots of America, standing against looting hoards of thugs who never explicitly said to be black.