Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Speaking of which, does anyone have any idea what the big crossover event is going to be about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Vietnamwees posted:

Speaking of which, does anyone have any idea what the big crossover event is going to be about?

These guys

The Dominators

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

nine-gear crow posted:

So, wait, does this mean that Ray is getting the ATOM suit back in time for the crossover? :confused:

That or it's just a recognizable look for the photo shoot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vietnamwees posted:

twistedmentat posted:

These guys

The Dominators

In case you missed it, look at what Caity is reading.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Despite the myriad of problems these shows have, I really love how much the casts are just completely psyched to play superheroes.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
In the past has Kara left scenes by way of weirdly slow completely vertical takeoff? They did it like 4 times this episode and every time I thought "that looked a little cheap..."

Seems like all they'd have to do is speed her up like 33% and it would look a lot better. As it is it seems like she's just putting her arms up in the air and someone is lifting her out of the frame.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

In case you missed it, look at what Caity is reading.

Awe, I was hoping someone would notice that on their own.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

twistedmentat posted:

Kara is totally owning Barry in whatever they're playing, and not really trying.

The show she's on is owning more than his. It just makes sense.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Tree Dude posted:

In the past has Kara left scenes by way of weirdly slow completely vertical takeoff? They did it like 4 times this episode and every time I thought "that looked a little cheap..."

Seems like all they'd have to do is speed her up like 33% and it would look a lot better. As it is it seems like she's just putting her arms up in the air and someone is lifting her out of the frame.

Haha yeah I've noticed that. It looks pretty dumb. She definitely used to do a more dynamic jump

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Is there a higher-def image? I'm curious what Amell and Routh are reading.

You get a better glimpse of the cover in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtkE0a8fhk and it's Robinson Crusoe I believe

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

howe_sam posted:

You get a better glimpse of the cover in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtkE0a8fhk and it's Robinson Crusoe I believe

Oh my god, Sara Lance is gonna try to sleep with Supergirl

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Guy Goodbody posted:

Oh my god, Sara Lance is gonna try to sleep with Supergirl

Sara Lance, Time and Space lesbian. It can't wait for Wynn and Sisco to be science bros.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm still waiting for Ray and Cisco to hang out again, they are my favorite bromance.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

howe_sam posted:

Yup, thanks.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

James' character move makes sense but the idea of a Guardian level hero in a circle that already includes not only Supergirl but J'onn J'onz and Mon-El just makes it awkward. Its fine to have Green Arrow running around in the same world as the Flash because they have their own cities and flows but it would be much harder to balance those two in the same show. James is going to have to deal with a more streets and hoods element that runs totally separate from Kara or else she just makes him irrelevant. It will be interesting to see if they can make that work. But from a pure character perspective I think it makes sense for James.

I also like that Wynn has just transitioned into DEO character. Yeah, it sidelines him a bit but it gives him more agency of his own and a proper place in this world without just being the sidekick with a crush on Kara. That's the thing James is now searching for.

I'm mostly cool with the fact that this season seems less about Kara finding her place in this world and more about everyone else doing it from James' vigilantism to Alex's identity crisis to J'onn struggling with his own alien-ness to Lena's desire to salvage her family name. Kara's found her Supergirl groove so its just the world around her that is adjusting now.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The series is pretty socially conscious, I wouldn't put it past them to point out that a black man can address the types of crime and community issues that typically aren't Supergirl's bailiwick. And Los Angeles National City is a pretty big place, I'm sure there's plenty of crime to go around.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dongattack posted:

Is Arrow good now? I feel like i should get caught up seeing this and seeing as i watch Supergirl and Flash, but it was unwatchable when i stopped watching at around season 2/3.

This season I think it's either the best or second best of the DC shows.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Spacebump posted:

This season I think it's either the best or second best of the DC shows.

I'd rank it just behind Supergirl (though honestly it's close), and comfortably above Flash and Legends.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I'm comfortable putting arrow in 1st place this season. I'd probably put flash in second place though, and supergirl 3rd.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Legends has embraced it's sillyness and is really good bad.

I really do hope Sara totally flirts with Kara and either she's kinda into it or just has no idea what's going on.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sara seducing Kara while Kara is all "Wow, you're so friendly" is pretty much ideal.

Im enjoying all the shows. Arrows the most fun for me at the moment just because its trying something different and interesting. Legends is probably my least favorite but its figuring out how to lean in on its goofiness so it's fun popcorn viewing. Flash and Supergirl are mostly doing their thing, which is fine but the season arcs haven't hooked me in. But I'm enjoying it all and looking forward to the crossover.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Nov 12, 2016

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I guess it comes down to preference, because I find Flash the worst of the bunch this year. That's not to say Flash has been bad, but the other three are really hitting it out of the park right now. I've just never found Flash to be nearly as good as people make it out to be. It's been as flat-out stupid as Legends since the beginning, but seems to take itself more seriously every season rather than less.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Flash needs to quit it with these drat mystery villains sending Metas-of-the-week at Flash. Give him a Lex Luthor. Somebody he knows is the bad guy but can't actually go after directly because he doesn't have proof, or something. Because when they unmask Alchemy, I guarantee you I won't care. Unless it's as dumb as the Zoom reveal. But then I'll care for bad reasons.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Legends has embraced it's sillyness and is really good bad.

I really do hope Sara totally flirts with Kara and either she's kinda into it or just has no idea what's going on.

Legends is just bad.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I will watch the crossover but I don't think anyone can ever convince me to watch Arrow again.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Flash needs to quit it with these drat mystery villains sending Metas-of-the-week at Flash. Give him a Lex Luthor. Somebody he knows is the bad guy but can't actually go after directly because he doesn't have proof, or something. Because when they unmask Alchemy, I guarantee you I won't care. Unless it's as dumb as the Zoom reveal. But then I'll care for bad reasons.

You mean like the season with Reverse Flash?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

rapeface posted:

I will watch the crossover but I don't think anyone can ever convince me to watch Arrow again.

I feel like Arrow is just keeping its head above water, but could sink at any moment. There's too many things that could cause it to go into full on Waaah my feelings stuff too quickly right now. Plus Wild Dog needs to shut his loving mouth.

Supergirl just feels like the most positive of the shows right now. Which really should be Flash because the Flash is the goofy snarky one who's always making jokes, and is often mentioned being the heart of the Justice League.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Floppychop posted:

You mean like the season with Reverse Flash?

yeah

twistedmentat posted:

I feel like Arrow is just keeping its head above water, but could sink at any moment. There's too many things that could cause it to go into full on Waaah my feelings stuff too quickly right now. Plus Wild Dog needs to shut his loving mouth.

Supergirl just feels like the most positive of the shows right now. Which really should be Flash because the Flash is the goofy snarky one who's always making jokes, and is often mentioned being the heart of the Justice League.

You're thinking of fun Wally West Flash, not boring Barry Allen Flash

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Guy Goodbody posted:

yeah

You're thinking of fun Wally West Flash, not boring Barry Allen Flash

You know, in media the two have kind of become interchangeable, its hard to tell who is which these days.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's my understanding that the most popular ship in season one was actually Kara/Cat.

Oh yeah, I forgot. In season 1, when Cat was confronting Kara about her suspicious about her being Supergirl, she was so predatory that I thought Kara might need to file a report with HR.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Legends is just bad.

Not been watching it have you.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BSam posted:

Not been watching it have you.

Oh I have been and will probably stop soon. Every week is waiting to see which idiot crewmember will try to change the timeline even though they know they shouldn't(and probably gave a speech about the consequences of doing so last week).

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
"Touch it". Great idea.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Oh, cool, The Thing just broke out on Supergirl.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

We need more drunk Kara.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Oh God Drunk Kara is wonderful.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I need all of the GIFs of Kara drunk. ALL OF THEM.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I am not mad that this climate change denier just got killed.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Oh God that scene between Kara and Alex was so great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Not sure who's side I should be on with this villian here.