Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Lotta dudes asking how a jeep owned by a man who repeatedly and explicitly threatened to burn it down burned down for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

ionn posted:

Pardon my ignorance, but wtf is/was it?

Was? Cast Aluminum. Is? Well maybe I could show you how it works later :a2m:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

The Locator posted:

So I am on vacation and following this on my phone and other than the fact that it burned to the ground, I don't seem to find anything on what happened to make it catch on fire. What happened?

djdanno13 posted:

What caused the fire? Well the fuel rail had massive leaks, especially at the regulator. Like you could see it dripping out as the car was running. Honestly it was almost a miracle it didn't burst into flames somewhere over the Rockies. Anyways Dave was rightfully skeezed out by this and that was the main reason he was driving the Jimmy so he could get parts for the jeep. One regulator later and the problem was fixed.... at the regulator. This caused more pressure further down the rail where there was another leak, but one not as apparent as the first one. Eventually gas and hot engine does what it always does and poof!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
You look healthy for the first time in years. Jesus.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Jealous Cow posted:

This looks like a screenshot from some survival game with HDR enabled.

Dagen H posted:

*witnesses you*

xarph posted:

Seriously why isn't werner herzog filming this

Quoting all of this and many others.

The Locator posted:

So I am on vacation and following this on my phone and other than the fact that it burned to the ground, I don't seem to find anything on what happened to make it catch on fire. What happened?

It had been consuming gallons of oil and spraying gallons of gasoline on itself the entire drive from Washington to Nebraska at high RPM. It was promptly parked in a field full of dry grass, and used as sole residency by a man creature who subsists on cigarettes.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Thanks, while you guys were answering me I found the Jeep death thread.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

It honestly is a freaking miracle that it didn't burn down somewhere along the way or burn down the house/hillside/half the town of valentine.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Can't wait to see next week's police blotter.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

CharlesM posted:

"Strange Washingon man resumes work on war rig as previous steed burns"

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

CharlesM posted:

I'm watching the local AM news station's website.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Each picture and video posted just keeps raising the bar, it's like a never ending bar raiser, I hope it never ends.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Pull the 4.0, strip it as best you can, take it to a shop and have it cleaned and measured. If it's still in spec, see if it'll live again.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
poo poo broke my ratchet head trying to turn over its a boat anchor as far as i care because that's money that could go to the fastback

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
But if you don't rebuild the XJ how are you gonna tow the fastback home?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Get both the fastback and the truck sorta running, put the fastback in the back of the truck, drive truck to florida, drive fastback from florida to Washington

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
And the Jeep is just gonna become part of Danno's lawn?

:smith:

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer

djdanno13 posted:

Was? Cast Aluminum.

Sure, I get that much, I was more wondering what part/parts that used to be pre-fire.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Valve cover maybe? It looked like there was a fair amount of it missing.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Fermented Tinal posted:

And the Jeep is just gonna become part of Danno's lawn?

:smith:

A shrine, more like. There will be pilgrimages.

This is actually going fairly well, as Goon projects go. Remember that Aussie who bought a van for his American vacation and ended up giving up and renting a car when the engine swap didn't work out? Or pretty much any other collaborative Goon project?

Also, speaking of all the "Roadkill should see this", doesn't Finnegan live in Georgia or somesuch? Having them flown out for a Roadkill/Roadkill Garage episode is a tall order, but Mike's house is pretty much on the way, you could stop by and rummage through his pile of SBC parts.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fermented Tinal posted:

I intend to drive it back

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That kinda has to happen, seriously. Maybe ask if you can work for Roadkill and be like "I got a free jeep in washington and fixed it enough to drive to nebraska, then it burned to the ground and I threw everything into making my friend's 1951 chevy pickup motor swap and drive to florida work out well, I will move heaven and earth to make sure no episode of roadkill ever blueballs a fan again, cya later FLORIDA HERE WE COME" and do a flaming 4 wheel burnout out of his driveway

sirr0bin
Aug 16, 2004
damn you! let the rabbits wear glasses!
Has anyone posted an inventory of all of the vehicles in Dan's yard yet?

I know there is the ACVW fastback, a burnt jeep, that great sounding Jimmy, a 1951 dump truck, a turbo charger (IIRC) and I swear I saw an old Plymouth in the back of one of the pics.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

sirr0bin posted:

Has anyone posted an inventory of all of the vehicles in Dan's yard yet?

I know there is the ACVW fastback, a burnt jeep, that great sounding Jimmy, a 1951 dump truck, a turbo charger (IIRC) and I swear I saw an old Plymouth in the back of one of the pics.

You mean the Newport?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Delivery McGee posted:

A shrine, more like. There will be pilgrimages.

This is actually going fairly well, as Goon projects go. Remember that Aussie who bought a van for his American vacation and ended up giving up and renting a car when the engine swap didn't work out? Or pretty much any other collaborative Goon project?

Also, speaking of all the "Roadkill should see this", doesn't Finnegan live in Georgia or somesuch? Having them flown out for a Roadkill/Roadkill Garage episode is a tall order, but Mike's house is pretty much on the way, you could stop by and rummage through his pile of SBC parts.

GADD is real and 14 might just be the only goon capable of vanquishing that monster.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Agreed with most everyone: put the VW in the dump truck and proceed to FL.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
You know what needs a V8?

This needs a V8.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

This just keeps getting better.

bend
Dec 31, 2012

Fermented Tinal posted:

You know what needs a V8?

This needs a V8.

and a 2 inch chop, open headers and 4 speed

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

bend posted:

And a blower.

sirr0bin
Aug 16, 2004

14 BAR RIFF posted:

You mean the Newport?

Naw it was curvier, I must be mistaken but I swear I saw like a 1940 Plymouth in the back of one of those pics. Can't find it now.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

bend posted:

No chopping, I'm 6'3".

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

sirr0bin posted:

Naw it was curvier, I must be mistaken but I swear I saw like a 1940 Plymouth in the back of one of those pics. Can't find it now.

The Buick?

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

It's a 51 Buick. Also that model a already has a 2 inch chop.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

it's me, i'm the adult making fanart for the internet

fullsize

sirr0bin
Aug 16, 2004

Yes! That's it! I love it! More pics when you can please!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yesssss

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

That is the best paint job on a buick I've ever seen.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

it's me, i'm the adult making fanart for the internet

fullsize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
The Charokee wasn't strong enough to get you home. But the Fastback? I have such faith in the fastback.

• Locked thread