Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

Riot admitted they hosed up people's MMR when doing placements this pre-season and they're patching it and could possibly doing manual resets for people who had really bad placements (IE: People in gold being matched against Diamond players, and placing 5-5 in Bronze)

I wouldn't be surprised, considering that even people like Faker got stuck in Bronze/Silver. (Humorously, the Viktor in this game is supposedly spending all of his time blaming the jungler in chat. :pwn:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
really enjoying ranked 3v3 except the fact that this guy is in every other game

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

that guy is also in every flex game, hes a constant across all queues

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Lovechop posted:

What kind of sick freak picks yasuo and doesnt build a statik shiv or frozen mallet first

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lovechop posted:

what's up with that spooky eyeball item it looks rad as gently caress

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Flipswitch posted:

That's a TT-only item that gives some stats, but is usually built because it provides passive vision of enemy traps and also has a temporary sweeper-like effect for finding stealthed champions.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

thats the eye of rengar, it allows you to temporarily stealth and then pick one person on the enemy team to die, unconditionally even through kayle ult

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

What do you do if you're Ivern and some Lee Sin start kicking poo poo in your jungle?
1. Don't be on the same side of the map as their Lee Sin

2. If god forbid that fails, run away. Ivern is very good at doing this, between his binding and his shield

3. Dodge his Q

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Flipswitch posted:

Eye of Hindsight: A constant reminder that hey, you should have used the item before walking into that bush, idiot.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

When a Challenger player tells you your MMR is hosed up and he struggles to carry you

do you think the enemy team should just open mid if you have an elo booster queued with you?

Radical posted:

that guy is also in every flex game, hes a constant across all queues

nvm, the universal constant listed here as skormix is the only reason games are lost

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
While I'm on the Ivern tips here's what I've been doing, I think I'm 8-2 with him since adopting the new keystone. 0/12/18

Move speed quints
Attack speed reds
Scaling CDR blues
Scaling HP yellows

Use an opening invade to find out where the opposing jungler is starting. Start at the same buff they are and steal their other one from them, asking your lamer to ward up yours.

E.G. the opposing jungler is Udyr and you're on blue side, obviously he needs to start his blue buff. Start by tagging your blue buff, Q to their red buff, smite it, and either cheese gank top lane with red or just go back to your own jungle.

Roam around tagging your camps and using your very good early game to exert pressure on lanes. You want to go back when you have 900+ gold and have tagged up your camps, so that you can efficiently clear.

Before the buff to Q I was maxing E, but max Q is probably better now for ganking power.

First buy is Mobis. An oddity of Ivern is that tagging and taking camps doesn't turn off Mobis, but smiting them does. At level four with ridiculous move speed, you should be able to strike fear into the hearts of any laner on the map.

Second buy is the AP part of Runic. Farm up to six and unleash Daisy. She's amazing at diving bot tower. Get good at juggling tower aggro, using your E to preserve her or whoever is tanking it. Similarly, she's super helpful for taking dragons and towers, since you can get her to tank until she's almost dead, then move her out of range and then back in for more damage. (She won't automatically attack towers, but can be commanded to do so)

Ivern falls off late. Use your early game to get first tower, first dragon, then your Runic power spike to get your team so far ahead that it doesn't matter that you basically become a Janna/Willump hybrid.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

none are safe from the curse of yasuo

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I was super bummed when I found out the name "hide on kush" was already taken

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Vermain posted:

That's a TT-only item that gives some stats, but is usually built because it provides passive vision of enemy traps and also has a temporary sweeper-like effect for finding stealthed champions.

You're a TT rework behind buddy. It was reworked when the AD equiv of that item became too op to balance; now everyone gets a free trinket with that icon, 90 second cooldown (old items were 60 seconds)

It's simultaneously great for trap heroes because less vision, and bad for stealth heroes because the moment you try at least 1 of the 3 players will have enough brain cells to reveal you.

Speaking of vision, new Duskblade reveals and disables traps on TT, and with the Poachers quest being easier to do there and all the juke bushes/corners its a disgustingly good item right now.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Not All Who Wander Are Lost

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Mid no wander, we lost

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Phreak's season 7 mastery videos: http://radd.it/r/leagueoflegends/comments/5cp6m0

Radical posted:

none are safe from the curse of yasuo

Speaking of Faker, this is good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmAtBeo4ygU&feature=youtu.be

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Just imagine what being that poor Viktor is like. It's like trying to fight Mike Tyson as a fifth grader.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i'm solo queueing twisted treeline and graves is good

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Another follow up on my Ivern monologue, op.gg data is showing him at close to 57% win this patch and the highest win % 0-25 minute game champion, so it looks like there's stats to back up my experience with him!

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

ive never seen that tree hero lose a game

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:

Radical posted:

ive never seen that tree hero lose a game

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I think after a lot of patches to help him out and some desperately needed hotfixes he was going to be good or decent, so I'm glad to see that refuted It just took for loving ever.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
If you like playing support Shaco, what if there was a jungler that was like Shaco but a support. It's Ivern

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Servaetes posted:

I think after a lot of patches to help him out and some desperately needed hotfixes he was going to be good or decent, so I'm glad to see that refuted It just took for loving ever.

I'd say it's 50% buffs and 50% the fact that smiting any camp refunds health. Holy hell that change helps him so much.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

kingcobweb posted:

I'd say it's 50% buffs and 50% the fact that smiting any camp refunds health. Holy hell that change helps him so much.

Yeah, I think when I was first playing around with him smiting red was so drat important considering how badly he kills himself clearing. I'm still a little wary playing him though because I'm used to playing something that semi or hard carries out of the jungle. You have to be pretty drat confident your team can win off of what you've done early game--I'm not 100% comfy with that personally.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
After killing a Kennen when he was level one and then level three, he tilted so hard he demanded a laneswap and went bot lane, then started intentionally feeding when that didn't work out.

If that's not hard carrying I don't know what is.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Quas Nasus is hilarious and tilts the gently caress out of anyone who hasn't played against it before. I had a dude pick Teemo into me and trash talk in all chat at me for the next 20 minutes because I had low Q stacks and was "going to be useless endgame with that poo poo build"

Queue me being up 90 cs on him because he built squishy on-hit items and stood in my E all day trying to deny me farm

stump collector
May 28, 2007
hell yeah, the E being a high base damage and having good scaling is actually a perfect way to either a.) chunk out and kill people or b.) push the lane and farm quickly and easily against his worst matchups. its so brilliant and hilarious that no one figured it out

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I feel like a lot of people don't respect how much armor shred it has. At max rank it removes 40 armor, which is absolutely huge, especially against a dude whose only real form of harass in lane is to auto attack me, thus drawing creep aggro

Every time I would go for a Q stack he would walk up, blind > auto me a bunch, then lose 30% of his hp to E initial hit damage + minions

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I think the Nasus goon was promoting spirit fire max as well for matchups that weren't favorable for Nasus, like Elise and Teemo, and hybrid pen reds so yeah, it's pretty dirty. His matchups are typically pretty drat bad so it's a good way to go

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 14, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I hope they nerf Nasus soon because he's reaching old Kat levels of unfun.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah i was enjoying a game of flex queue last night and had to lane against the quas nasus. thankfully the mid fizz and jungle ivern were both master ranked players and they knew to come top and dive me when i was trapped under my tower

boy my team got brutally destroyed that game

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.
New meta or just a quirk of the current patch? On lolalytics 7 of the top 8 junglers by win rate are tanks with the only exception being Ivern. Top assassin style jungler is Shaco.

Although Top, seems like a good mix between tank and ranged damage.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i think that a lot of people are playing AD assassins right now. also the jungle is hard to clear for everyone but pays a lot of gold out...? so i have no idea overall

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

tank items are almost always the most gold efficient items for low budget characters, plus teams with more tanks tend to do better in solo queue regardless of the patch.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I am racist against infinity-scaling champs.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Gripen5 posted:

New meta or just a quirk of the current patch? On lolalytics 7 of the top 8 junglers by win rate are tanks with the only exception being Ivern. Top assassin style jungler is Shaco.

Although Top, seems like a good mix between tank and ranged damage.

It's the mastery.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

stump collector posted:

i'm solo queueing twisted treeline and graves is good

That he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

I am racist against infinity-scaling champs.

Ehh, I'll take infite scaling over snowballing champions like Riven any day of the week. Why yes, I sure want to get pushed out of lane for the rest of the game because I died once, why do you ask?

• Locked thread