Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

PCOS Bill posted:

Well, get everyone you know to vote, then.

Australia, everyone votes or they get a fine. Also, it's on a Saturday so almost everyone gets a chance to vote, and they sell sausages in bread and cakes at the polling stations.

Of course, we still manage to vote in another pack of dumb pricks every time, but at least they have an actual mandate from the idiots that make up most of this country.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Memento posted:

Australia, everyone votes or they get a fine. Also, it's on a Saturday so almost everyone gets a chance to vote, and they sell sausages in bread and cakes at the polling stations.

Of course, we still manage to vote in another pack of dumb pricks every time, but at least they have an actual mandate from the idiots that make up most of this country.

Shut the loving gently caress up about your worthless rear end politics.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

DeusExMachinima posted:

Ok.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Memento posted:

What's to stop someone spoiling their vote?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Benny Harvey posted:

I think the point is just to keep lazy people from staying home, or busy people from doing 'more important' things. The law is there just to get everyone to the polls. If you feel some strong conviction to a null vote out of protest or whatever, that's a different things from people who are just too meh to bother showing up.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Benny Harvey posted:

Nothing. and the everpresent 'draw a cock and balls' vote is always high. I think the point of compulory voting is to ensure that whoever wins has a better chance of getting an actual majority of votes, or preferences.

This is not always successful due to gerrymandering, and said cock and balls protest votes, but it's a thing. And voting in Aus is a lot easier than in teh US. You wander down to the local primary school on a saturday morning, get your name ticked off, have a sausage cooked by the scouts, and then go home happy in the knowledge you have participated in the democratic process.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Nothing. and the everpresent 'draw a cock and balls' vote is always high. I think the point of compulory voting is to ensure that whoever wins has a better chance of getting an actual majority of votes, or preferences.

This is not always successful due to gerrymandering, and said cock and balls protest votes, but it's a thing. And voting in Aus is a lot easier than in teh US. You wander down to the local primary school on a saturday morning, get your name ticked off, have a sausage cooked by the scouts, and then go home happy in the knowledge you have participated in the democratic process.

Wait a sec, you guys get sausage!?

Then why the gently caress are we still doing this sticker bullshit?!

When is America going catch up to Australia?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dreddout posted:

Wait a sec, you guys get sausage!?

Then why the gently caress are we still doing this sticker bullshit?!

When is America going catch up to Australia?

It's not a complicated thing, you just get the local scouts or football club to come down and set up a barbecue, then they grill up a couple of hundred cheap supermarket sausages and a big bag of onions, and serve them up on slices of Wonder White with sauce and mustard for $2

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

DeusExMachinima posted:

so it was spake and so i am summoned

i deem this a good meme

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
In Australia everything that is more momentous than "I woke up this morning" deserves a sausage sizzle.

Voting in Australia is pretty good compared to the US. And this way when we vote in a lizardman we at least know he was probably the preferred prime minister instead of arguing about whether the 45% of people who didn't vote would have voted for Trump or Clinton.

e: well, not as much arguing

e2: we did have an eerily similar electoral college vs popular vote argument when Australia was ROBBED of the Eurovision win by Ukraine

CROWS EVERYWHERE has a new favorite as of 04:55 on Nov 14, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
These are the worst goddamn memes I've ever seen in my life.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Even the Welsh have memes now. What a world, what a world.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Memento posted:

It's not a complicated thing, you just get the local scouts or football club to come down and set up a barbecue, then they grill up a couple of hundred cheap supermarket sausages and a big bag of onions, and serve them up on slices of Wonder White with sauce and mustard for $2

Be the change you want to see in the world.

What the gently caress is this garbage? A mother loving slice of bread? Get that poo poo out of here

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate

Tiny Lowtax posted:

What the gently caress is this garbage? A mother loving slice of bread? Get that poo poo out of here

Looks like someone had money growing up.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Tiny Lowtax posted:

It's an open faced sandwich.

With ketchup, no less.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Google "fairy bread", it's like a whole country of when you run out of food and don't feel like leaving the house.

pelao
Apr 21, 2010

Tiny Lowtax posted:

It's a democracy sausage.
Very similar to a Bunnings sausage, now available by drone delivery (If you have $9,000)

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/man-faces-9000-fine-for-using-a-drone-to-pick-up-a-bunnings-sausage-20161108-gsl3q2.html

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Jesus In A Can posted:

Looks like someone had money growing up.

Tomato sauce on white bread sandwiches for dinner, povvo lyfe

Hard mode poverty life is when mum and dad eat nothing for dinner so kids can eat their tomato sauce on white bread sandwiches :smith:

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
Fairy bread is great. Don't you be disrespecting it.
:colbert:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lol at michigan being blue.

It made me go look up their voting record and god drat, that goof gary johnson got 4% of the vote. The guy is worse than trump.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Tiny Lowtax posted:

It's actually significantly tastier than a hot dog bun!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Who What Now posted:

These are the worst goddamn memes I've ever seen in my life.

Kiwis>Aussies>little else

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

http://i.imgur.com/lGSnWUD.mp4

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka

I wonder if this is how illiterate people see words.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

sick of Applebees posted:

Fairy bread is great. Don't you be disrespecting it.
:colbert:

If you're a fancy motherfucker you can try fairy bread pinwheels.

Classy as gently caress.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Tone Rbig Uass Mistake Pamerica

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

memes like this are why Democrats lost, When you call half the country dumb fucks, they're going to be Upset

the contempt Liberals have for the people they claim to care about is astounding

Extraordinary Perdition
Nov 7, 2007

Ein cooler Typ posted:

memes like this are why Democrats lost, When you call half the country dumb fucks, they're going to be Upset

the contempt Liberals have for the people they claim to care about is astounding

Dumbfuckistanis?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Tone Rbig Uass Mistake Pamerica

Good job, Captain Jokegetter Smartguy. What would we do without you?

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

Kiwis>Aussies>little else

It's true :( :australia:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Get back to dnd nerd

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Ein cooler Typ posted:

If they don't wanna be called dumb fucks then maybe they should stop being dumb fucks?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
being a dumb gently caress isn't a choice

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Isn't that electoral map from 2004? It's certainly not this years. They aren't even calling the right people Dumbfuckistanis.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nah, back then it was Jesusland.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Ein cooler Typ posted:

being a dumb gently caress isn't a choice

If being a dumb gently caress isn't a choice then how is it that you can read and write in English? Check and mate atheist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

I Love Annie May posted:

Check and mate atheist.

• Locked thread