Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Augus posted:

I wonder how the DBM guys feel about Potara earrings being temporary now...
Isn't Gast impossible too based on some arcane rule of Namekian fusion most people forget about? I seem to recall only warrior types being able to fuse or something, though I can't remember where or when I saw that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gildiss posted:

This is an important topic.
My wife just bought me this.

But she also saw this.

Is there too high a price?

Did they have this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD_Amo5T0DE

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

OB_Juan posted:

It's dumb, but I kinda want an arc where ~100 saiyans that were off subduing a planet somewhere when Planet Vegita got exploded heard that there were some strong Saiyans on Earth, and came to either collect them into the last tribe of Saiyans, or kill them as traitors. But they're all ~S1 Vegita strength.

People just to fight them and be done with it, but Vegita insists that since they can't kill them all (and genocide the Saiyan race), they also can't let them find out about Super Saiyan, or they'd all start going SS, and might end up actually being a problem.

So they have to fight them in base forms only, and end up needing everyone's help. Yamcha, Krillin, everyone.

Basically, an arc where Vegita can truly press his claim to be Prince of all Saiyans, and we get to see the old squad in action again.

base vegeta was like way stronger than the average saiyan and generic frieza goons were stronger than him. you'd just have the beat down from the beginning of rof if a bunch of rando saiyans came in. I bet krillin could take them by himself

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I don't think so. This was just at a bookstore and not a GUNDAM EMPORIUM so the selection was limited.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

They sped up the fight scene animation in the last episode and I just wanted to say how enjoyable and out of place it was, drat near movie quality there.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Raxivace posted:

How many victories has Goku actually had in Super?

He beat that one alien that was threatening Hercule, uh he beat Botamo, he beat Zamasu in that sparring match... He had to cheat to get the killshot on Frieza but maybe we could count that I guess. Is that it?

He won against the fake Vegeta thing in that one miniarc that no one cares about. It wasn't really a legit win though since Monaka (I think?) stepped on his core and made him vulnerable though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Goku's wins are pretty limited in general after Dragonball to be honest.

He beats Nappa, Recoom, Berta and Frieza and then I don't think he wins a fight until the dude who absorbs light in the Buu saga.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

ImpAtom posted:

Goku's wins are pretty limited in general after Dragonball to be honest.

He beats Nappa, Recoom, Berta and Frieza and then I don't think he wins a fight until the dude who absorbs light in the Buu saga.

He beat Vegeta again, technically.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dbz's pretty good about making it not a one man show usually; even when goku wins a fight, it's rarely by himself. dragon ball classic was more about goku winning all day, every day but even there he actually lost 2/3 tournaments in the grand finals

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

SpazmasterX posted:

He beat Vegeta again, technically.

I don't think Goku has ever beaten Vegeta in a straight fight.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I enjoy DB Super a lot, and Ningenstomper58 is one of the best villains this franchise has ever had.

Dragonball Super is, dare I say it, Cool and Good.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

I don't think Goku has ever beaten Vegeta in a straight fight.

mario kart counts

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Manatee Cannon posted:

mario kart counts

Even there he didn't beat Vegeta, Vegeta beat Vegeta, and Trunks ended up being the overall winner.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
How pleased do you think Vegeta would be to find out/realize he's not actually any weaker than Goku, he just has Plot Bullshit on his side?

I mean, besides him totally gloryhogging after the father/son Gallick Gun

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

still counts

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Augus posted:

I wonder how the DBM guys feel about Potara earrings being temporary now...

Handwave something about he's the Supreme Kai of that Universe/Dragonballs

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is Dragon Ball Heroes the one with all the fusions?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Since the Xenoverse thread was super old, I made a new thread over in Games for the various DB games. With XV2 being out now and Fusions about to come out, I figured yall might want to know about it here too.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797982

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Mraagvpeine posted:

no that's the one that's an arcade card game

the one with the fusions is dragon ball fusions

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Gildiss posted:

But she also saw this.

Is there too high a price?

The set is about $80 on eBay I think

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Poison Mushroom posted:

How pleased do you think Vegeta would be to find out/realize he's not actually any weaker than Goku, he just has Plot Bullshit on his side?

I mean, besides him totally gloryhogging after the father/son Gallick Gun

Even Goku fighting Beerus was like "Dammit, I'm such a cheater."

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

I wasn't able to reply earlier, but this reply was awesome and made me laugh. Thanks for that.

Gildiss posted:

That Vegeta figure is cool as hell.

Bonus cat:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Mraagvpeine posted:

Heroes is the one with all the Super Saiyan 3 and 4s.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I hope Android 8 did his part and gave Trunks all of his energy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

I hope Android 8 did his part and gave Trunks all of his energy.

Wouldn't be the first time.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Vegeta is def stronger than goku at the moment I reckon

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

tbp posted:

Vegeta is def stronger than goku at the moment I reckon

If it's anything like the rest of the series Vegeta is stronger than Goku if they were both fighting at an equal level but Goku has access to dangerous techniques which massively boost his overall power. That's pretty much been the status quo for the entire franchise except for the brief period where Vegeta still had his tail.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Finally decided to dig into Super. If I've already seen Battle Of Gods / Resurrection 'F' movies, do I skip those episodes entirely or is there important extra crap in there I need for the rest of the series?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

YggiDee posted:

Finally decided to dig into Super. If I've already seen Battle Of Gods / Resurrection 'F' movies, do I skip those episodes entirely or is there important extra crap in there I need for the rest of the series?

I didn't feel that I lost anything by skipping them

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

YggiDee posted:

I would watch the Vegeta vs Freeza episode as he does more than in the movie.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

vegeta is often stronger than goku and the only character in the series that can consistently outpace him. he just only ever focuses on when goku overtakes him again

YggiDee posted:

maybe watch some of the slice of life stuff if that interests you but the plot is just a rehash of the movies with worse animation, so

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

YggiDee posted:

There's a few inbetween eps (I think episode 15?) that are pretty fun at least, but you can skip the rest without really missing anything.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BotG is skippable but I'd watch RoF, it has some changes that lightly matter to the following arcs and also the return of Captain Ginyu

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

vegeta is often stronger than goku and the only character in the series that can consistently outpace him.

Piccolo outpaced Goku lots of times. Poor guy just got forgotten in the Buu saga, ran out of Namekians to absorb.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
They should do what they did in Supersonic Warriors and have Piccolo revive his dad/progenitor/former body??? and eat him.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

YggiDee posted:

-Episodes 1 and 2 are slice-of-life. Worth a watch.
-Episodes 3 to 14 included are the Battle of Gods adaptation. Skip, since you already watched the superior movie.
-Episodes 15 to 18 are slice-of-life/preparation for Resurrection "F". They contain Satan and Pan, who are great, so you should watch them.
-Episodes 19 to 27 are the Resurrection "F" adaptation. While overall better than the movie, it can be skipped if you watched it, the changes don't affect anything going forward.

Afterwards it's all new-content, so you can watch 1, 2, 15, 16, 17, 18; and then from 28 onwards. You won't be confused, the adaptations added little in terms of overall plot.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The last time Vegeta was outright stronger than Goku was when Vegeta came out of the time chamber to beat the poo poo out of pre-perfect Cell.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tae posted:

The last time Vegeta was outright stronger than Goku was when Vegeta came out of the time chamber to beat the poo poo out of pre-perfect Cell.
The lesson here is that whenever Vegeta surpasses Goku, he does something to make it completely meaningless five minutes later.

Pureauthor posted:

They should do what they did in Supersonic Warriors and have Piccolo revive his dad/progenitor/former body??? and eat him.
Well he already ate Kami so he may as well eat the evil half of King Piccolo.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"Hey, Dende, you're looking pretty buff, been hitting the hyperbolic time chamber? why don't we just go over here and you let me hold your shoulder for a bit..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Thanks for the advice, dudes, but Crunchyroll is missing episodes 31-46 so I guess I'm waiting either way :v:

• Locked thread