Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Halfling Wizard Bear posted:

Also, holy gently caress this team turns the ball over a lot. It's insane. I think they're averaging something like 23 a game. Whatever the number is, it's league worst.

highest number sounds like league best to me :) best in the league at turnovers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is Mario Hezonja bad or something? I understand if Skiles shithead didn't play him because he hates anyone under 30, but Vogel tends to play the young guys if they're decent. 2nd DNP in a row now.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Metapod posted:

Serge beat us :negative:

https://twitter.com/sergeibaka_7/status/746085276720730112

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Wiggins dropped 47.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

EvanTH posted:

highest number sounds like league best to me :) best in the league at turnovers

You're right. I'm gonna "woo" a little every time Mudiay tries to thread a pass through three pairs of legs

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
i bet Kobe would be really good at the Game of Thrones

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I was talking to a normal person and almost said "Remember when Paul was hurt and Blake Griffin was running the team like a white Lebron James" caught myself at the last minute and said "red haired Lebron James". Most people aren't progressive like this forum and still believe in the hateful one drop rule

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Dejan Bimble posted:

I was talking to a normal person and almost said "Remember when Paul was hurt and Blake Griffin was running the team like a white Lebron James" caught myself at the last minute and said "red haired Lebron James". Most people aren't progressive like this forum and still believe in the hateful one drop rule

One drop?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I think 'back in the day' the way it was decided whether someone was black enough to discriminate against was that if they had 'one drop' of blood (ie one black ancestor anywhere) it counted. (Not entirely sure for what purpose this was I just read it somewhere.)

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dejan Bimble posted:

There is no place for racism in the NBA and we don't tolerate it here in the NBA thread either

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/SneakerReporter/status/798000792779169792

:unsmith:

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Home is where 32 wins are.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
hah another classic one liner from Serge "Several Homes" Ibaka

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

roundmidnight posted:

Home is where 32 wins are.

OKC is gonna get well over 40 wins this season

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
man that Oden OTL interview is so goddamn depressing. i really hope he finds something in life that makes him happy.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

that story about Greg Odens blind dog falling down the stairs and dying was the saddest poo poo

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

Chairchucker posted:

I think 'back in the day' the way it was decided whether someone was black enough to discriminate against was that if they had 'one drop' of blood (ie one black ancestor anywhere) it counted. (Not entirely sure for what purpose this was I just read it somewhere.)

Little did they know that rape was prevalent enough in the South that more or less any US citizen has a little bit of former slave blood in their veins

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

much like everything else, he stole that from jordan.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLB_9Jg3iKU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Schlieren posted:

Little did they know that rape was prevalent enough in the South that more or less any US citizen has a little bit of former slave blood in their veins

This is exactly why they created the rule. It was so all the children produced by slave owners raping slaves would still be held as slaves.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Week 3 Power Ratings

1. Clippers - Most wins, looked the best getting those wins. Not enough to dispel the sort of malaise that floats around the team but their current greatness has to be recognized.
2. Cavs - They finally lost, and they've started to look more normal. But also it's a long season and they don't have a lot to prove at the moment
3. Raptors - If I could argue with what they were doing I would.
4. Hawks - I hate their losses but I love their wins.
5. Spurs - The Houston loss was kind of bullshit, but the team just in general looked vulnerable last week.
7. Hornets - Luster is kind of wearing off but for now, they're still good.
8. Rockets - The best offense-only team in the league right now.
9. Jazz - Not a super challenging week for them, and I'm still not sure if they should or shouldn't be beating the Hornets at this point.
10. Golden State Warriors - Beating teams that won't be in the playoffs through furious fourth quarter runs really isn't enough to erase any doubts I have about this team.
11. Three Alphas Featuring Doug Bucket and Tajy Gibson - They're an Indiana Jones mine car that hasn't gone off the rails yet.
12 Blazers - Probably a bad team when taking in the entire history of basketball in context but are doing good in 2016
13. Lakers - Playing around .500 ball is impressive for this team.
14. Nets - Playing around .500 ball is impressive for this team.
[Irrelevant Line Here]
28. Knicks - It's not working.
29. Heat - This team's not tanking, it's bad.
30. Pacers - Kind of embarrassing.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I'm excited to see what Toronto can do this week with their at Cleveland/hosting GSW back-to-back. Getting even one win out of the set would be pretty good.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Tae posted:

Is Mario Hezonja bad or something? I understand if Skiles shithead didn't play him because he hates anyone under 30, but Vogel tends to play the young guys if they're decent. 2nd DNP in a row now.

He's not good. But the magic have like no wings so who the hell are they playing over him?

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
So much for the Hezonja hype bandwagon.

Also, the Nets have really surprised me. I wasn't sure they would be able to win 15 games this season. But somehow they can hang.

Edit:

I even had to look up who their coach is right now. Please educate me on Kenny Atkinson.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Nov 14, 2016

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

AggressivelyStupid posted:

He's not good. But the magic have like no wings so who the hell are they playing over him?

The Evan Fournier and Aaron Gordon jam him up

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://twitter.com/flybyknite/status/797873752939712514

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
:allears:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cherry Berry also sells froyo

https://streamable.com/tn10

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I saw that yesterday and I still want to know where that drat music is from

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I know I'm the 90th person to say this, but what the gently caress happened to the nba.com site? I cannot find text recaps for games. What the hell is this bullshit?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

dokmo posted:

I know I'm the 90th person to say this, but what the gently caress happened to the nba.com site? I cannot find text recaps for games. What the hell is this bullshit?

it looks like they decided "people only use this on their phones, right? why don't we show our 10 desktop users the same UI?"

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Declan MacManus posted:

Of the four, I guess Klay would be the one most easily moved to the bench but KD would be the best fit there. They didn't have the three falling and rebounding is going to be a struggle all year long so I assume they'll focus on that moreso than lineup tweaks.

Then again Steph Curry is just the rich man's Crawford so

Steph is like Damian Lillard with a better floater game and 1óó

dokmo posted:

. They're buried in ESPN aat leat
NBA sites a disaster

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mudiay should not be playing 30 mins a night IMHO.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rick posted:

Week 3 Power Ratings

1. Clippers - Most wins, looked the best getting those wins. Not enough to dispel the sort of malaise that floats around the team but their current greatness has to be recognized.
2. Cavs - They finally lost, and they've started to look more normal. But also it's a long season and they don't have a lot to prove at the moment
3. Raptors - If I could argue with what they were doing I would.
4. Hawks - I hate their losses but I love their wins.
5. Spurs - The Houston loss was kind of bullshit, but the team just in general looked vulnerable last week.
7. Hornets - Luster is kind of wearing off but for now, they're still good.
8. Rockets - The best offense-only team in the league right now.
9. Jazz - Not a super challenging week for them, and I'm still not sure if they should or shouldn't be beating the Hornets at this point.
10. Golden State Warriors - Beating teams that won't be in the playoffs through furious fourth quarter runs really isn't enough to erase any doubts I have about this team.
11. Three Alphas Featuring Doug Bucket and Tajy Gibson - They're an Indiana Jones mine car that hasn't gone off the rails yet.
12 Blazers - Probably a bad team when taking in the entire history of basketball in context but are doing good in 2016
13. Lakers - Playing around .500 ball is impressive for this team.
14. Nets - Playing around .500 ball is impressive for this team.
[Irrelevant Line Here]
28. Knicks - It's not working.
29. Heat - This team's not tanking, it's bad.
30. Pacers - Kind of embarrassing.

Whoa Sixers made the irrelevant list

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
The Pels should honestly still be at the bottom of that list. They are a mess and I want Monty back.

E: #CoachMontyWasNotTheProblem

He may not have been the solution, either, but still!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
If I normally can't stand Will Ferrell humor, is Semi-Pro still worth watching?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Larry Bird letting Vogel go was a stupid rear end move. But still, how are the Pacers so bad this year? Was George Hill that important?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Larry Bird letting Vogel go was a stupid rear end move. But still, how are the Pacers so bad this year? Was George Hill that important?

Him and mahinmi could play defense yeah

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

White Mamba dropping rumors that Warriors/Celtics are working on a deal for Thompson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

euphronius posted:

Mudiay should not be playing 30 mins a night IMHO.

• Locked thread