Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Cat Mattress posted:

It Hurts' worldbuilding is surprisingly consistent.

Does that mean that male monsters don't have a weiner, or are physically incapable of touching it?

I'm still getting over the fact angels have necks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I assume the rules are reversed for monsters. Male monsters go to Heaven if they touch their monster dongs.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
:3:

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=446-there-you-are

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I am so glad that right when I needed it most, I have this comic about nerdy depressed goonlords suffering eternal damnation to brighten my day. :unsmith:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

ManlyGrunting posted:

I am so glad that right when I needed it most, I have this comic about nerdy depressed goonlords suffering eternal damnation to brighten my day. :unsmith:

Same

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
No breaks. This goes on forever:

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=447-algebra-ii

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Gob, serious question, what cartoons are Pasq into and would his love of them be a phase or would he be an addict to cartoons?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Hell seems like it's kind of unpleasant?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Is that blood or lava coming out of the teachers nipples?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Is that blood or lava coming out of the teachers nipples?

Both.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I'm the weird blue haired classic Simpsons extra sitting next to Pasqualo.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I'm five seconds from ambien-crashing into bed. What are those questions saying?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
1. No. No. This isn't algebra.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
4. Your adversary will provide a great internal growth.

a) Solve for X and Y
b) Solve for X and Y
c) Solve for X and Y
d) Solve for X and Y

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

RandomPauI posted:

Gob, serious question, what cartoons are Pasq into and would his love of them be a phase or would he be an addict to cartoons?
Pasq watches mainly anime but I'm sure he dabbles in what he calls the "lesser" animations. He would've loved Steven Universe, Star VS The Forces of Evil, My Little Pony, and anything that's cute and sparkly. That boy ain't right.

DrakePegasus posted:

I'm five seconds from ambien-crashing into bed. What are those questions saying?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Rainbow - the rainbow bridge is what leads to Heaven in Nordic mythology
Time to try to punch God - the It Hurts!! prototype plot
Solve for X and Y - X and Y are the chromosome pair of biologically male humans.

Pasq must ascend to Heaven, punch God, and then reconcile with his masculinity.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
To think, we could have had Pasq the Ronaldo instead of Pasq the failed demi-god.

Also, I haven't heard of Star vs. Forces of Evil but it sounds like a reboot of an 80s property.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Starring the daughter from sitcom The Middle as a sociopathic manic pixie dream girl living with unreasonably awkward uptight Earth boy and his unrealistically permissive parents. They fight monsters.

Also it's a Disney property so it features a lot of really dated social concepts and plots (eg main dude awkwardly crushing on the school idol cool skater chick, never making a move ever) that CN's shows are all busy subverting.

It's kinda fun but also really shallow. Pasq would absolutely love it.

e/ basically the only reason I ever gave it a shot was Eden Sher's vocal performance.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 15, 2016

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
The scariest implication of this strip is that Mrs. Candytree is married... but to what? :stare:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Do you think the name is an inverse of sweet, pretty teachers that have horrible sounding names?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Leroy Dennui posted:

The scariest implication of this strip is that Mrs. Candytree is married... but to what? :stare:

...Mister Candytree?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Leroy Dennui posted:

Another Mrs. Candytree.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Poor Pasq. Starting to wonder if this isn't some personal hell for him.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That was my guess earlier.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Ironically his old math teacher is probably in Heaven, on account he's technically never touched his own wiener.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Look who's back :quagmire:

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=448-p-e

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hell's starting to seem less and less like a cool place to visit.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Reminds me how for a while I kept having these dreams where I could be doing anything from going to a water park to being some sort of space knight, but either way I could barely move and had to use all my strength just to take a step or two.

But at least half the time I'd still manage to do what I was trying to do, as hard as it was, so I guess it wasn't as bad as here. Also I wasn't in Hell.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Reminds me how for a while I kept having these dreams where I could be doing anything from going to a water park to being some sort of space knight, but either way I could barely move and had to use all my strength just to take a step or two.

But at least half the time I'd still manage to do what I was trying to do, as hard as it was, so I guess it wasn't as bad as here. Also I wasn't in Hell.
It really does catch that "like a bad dream" quality. But this goes on forever :geno:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

In my nightmares there was never anything holding me back, but nothing I did had any effect. Like i'd turn on a light and the bulb would light up but the room would still be dark. Although maybe that was a prophetic dream about energy saving lightbulbs.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dabir posted:

In my nightmares there was never anything holding me back, but nothing I did had any effect. Like i'd turn on a light and the bulb would light up but the room would still be dark. Although maybe that was a prophetic dream about energy saving lightbulbs.

This is probably a weird tangent to get on but apparently the whole "light levels don't change" thing is something that happens in everyone's dreams and it's one of the things that Lucid dreamers will use as a "tell" that they're dreaming. Another one is if you're trying to read a clock the numbers will be all garbled up, or will change when you look away and look back again. I guess your unconscious mind kind of understands that these elements go together but doesn't really understand the details.

Another classic "bad dream" is the old "you're naked out in public" one. I never got that one. What I'd get is that I'd be out in public and I forgot to wear shoes. I'd be fully dressed otherwise, and just be feeling really embarrassed like "oh man how did I forget to put on shoes?"

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I got the "surprise test you didn't know existed and never studied for" dream for a year or two, but not until I'd already graduated college. :psyduck:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Another classic "bad dream" is the old "you're naked out in public" one. I never got that one. What I'd get is that I'd be out in public and I forgot to wear shoes. I'd be fully dressed otherwise, and just be feeling really embarrassed like "oh man how did I forget to put on shoes?"
The only time I ever had the "naked in public" dream I was back in high school and my clothes were in a gym locker on the other side of the school and I was like "oh, this is school, I shouldn't be naked". So I casually strolled over there Raiden in MGS2 style "hands permanently on crotch" and chatted with my former history teacher. But at no point did my brain twig to the fact that I wasn't supposed to be naked in school, beyond just knowing that yeah, this is abnormal.

Dreams are weird, man.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Trying to punch someone, usually in a fight for my life, just for them to land completely ineffectually.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Wasabi the J posted:

Trying to punch someone, usually in a fight for my life, just for them to land completely ineffectually.

Yeah, that'd go along with my 'need to exert lots of energy to barely move' bit a lot. Though not fighting for my life as far as I remember.

But to me they weren't really nightmares. Sure, not good dreams, but they weren't that bad.

When I was a kid I'd have quite a few nightmares. One of the worst is probably not arachnophobia-safe, so spoiling: There's a bunch of spiders living in my house (in the dream, not real life). They're kinda spooky but don't do anything while my family's there. Then suddenly my family's nowhere to be found and the spiders attack me. I kick one away, but then they grow these super-long scorpion tails and I wake up as the one I kicked stings me.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The only time I ever had the "naked in public" dream I was back in high school and my clothes were in a gym locker on the other side of the school and I was like "oh, this is school, I shouldn't be naked". So I casually strolled over there Raiden in MGS2 style "hands permanently on crotch" and chatted with my former history teacher. But at no point did my brain twig to the fact that I wasn't supposed to be naked in school, beyond just knowing that yeah, this is abnormal.

Dreams are weird, man.

Wasabi the J posted:

Totally on these. Those fight ones suck. You wind your whole arm up, and it's like you tickled them with a feather.

My "Naked in school, but everyone's cool with it" was awesome, but I think I only had it once. I was just chilling in band class room (with bleachers....?) with other cool naked people, and everyone else in the room is just busy doing whatever it is they gotta do to get prepped for band stuff :cool:

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 16, 2016

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Mordja posted:

I got the "surprise test you didn't know existed and never studied for" dream for a year or two, but not until I'd already graduated college. :psyduck:

I went to college on a scholarship and I spent a lot of time worrying about a) loving up my grades and losing the scholarship, and b) getting everything done in 4 years before the scholarship ran out. In my sophomore year, I almost failed out of a twice-a-week 3-hour art class that started at 8 a.m. because I kept sleeping through my alarms (it was the last 8 a.m. class my dumb rear end ever had). I had gotten to where the next time I overslept, I was going to automatically fail and it stressed the poo poo out of me.

Because of that, I have recurring dreams that I'm back in college, and I'm like three weeks into the semester when I realize there's a class I signed up for that I haven't been going to. And my books for that class are locked in a locker that I don't remember the combination to, and I'm running around some random building on campus trying to find the room, and can't find it. I've had that dream about once every two months since graduating college 15 years ago. One of these days I'm going to remember that I'm not in school anymore, but god knows when that will be.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
My dumb dream thing that no one cares about is like the opposite of the 'can't run' thing, it's coming up to a red light and pushing the brakes but they have very little effect so you end up coasting through. Never had a dream crash but it's all about the anxiety of 'oh noooooo I'm not stopping I'm gonna run a reeeeeddddd!!!"

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Lucid dreaming is cool up until the other people in you dream beg you to stay asleep, so that they can keep existing. Then it gets uncomfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Oh yeah, no Friday:

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?p=3315

• Locked thread