Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Joan is selling for 100 and I have Tom Nook in the campground. Chewter gates will be open until 12 PST.

Bring some clothing designs to my Able Sisters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

I don't see your town open at the moment. (I don't need to buy 'nips or anything. I just like visiting people.)

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Last day for the FASHION BASH. If you haven't done it yet, you've got like 10 hours to get on that.
If you have done it, there's nothing stopping you from doing it again.

If you are not on my Friend List, send me a PM, message me in the Discord, add me on steam, or make a post here.
My FC is 0001-3312-4455

For those who need a refresher on how to bash, here's a link to the post

rhoga posted:

HOW TO BASH

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free
What kind of items to the "special" amiibo cards give you? For example Luna, Isabelle, etc. Do they give you something related to them or is it just a random item you don't have? I know you can ask for their pictures as well.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

For my final bash of the weekend, I came in looking like... this.

And I left looking like...

Uh... a discount Guy Fieri who lost his eye in a mutiny of a cruise ship?

Obligatory

:heysexy:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Giant Boy Detective posted:

I don't see your town open at the moment. (I don't need to buy 'nips or anything. I just like visiting people.)

Lost connection while I was doing stuff. It's back open now for another 45 min.

Quitte
Nov 2, 2011

nee-deep

Missed the first two days of fashion bash so I cheated and went two rounds in one visit.

Before:

Round 1:

Round 2:

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

For those of you who need the Wii U or 3DS for minigames, Isabelle is camping in Summers today, right next to the FASHION BASH. Buy either or both, 5 MEOWs apiece.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Quitte posted:

Round 2:

A tribute to the ancient Taoist proverb "A blind frog tell no lies".

...Or was that "see no flies"?

Fashion Bash Day III Henshin a go-go!

From Biz-Cas-Saturday flight attendant for Kappa Air-

~ To Magical Girl Chevalier de 1-UP ~

Bonus shots of Dongs photobombing my fashion shoot!

Thanks for the boatload fun, Rhoga!

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

It's apparently fall cleaning in Teloria, because Reese is paying extra for furniture. I can open my gates if anyone wants to come sell poo poo!

Also, Friga is leaving in two days (the 15th). Does anyone want a penguin friend?

JerikTelorian fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 13, 2016

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Is Summers open? Doesn't appear to be in my list. I was in there yesterday, thought I'd take another shot at fashion and post both attempts up. I imagine there's a chance that my FC got deleted if you needed more for room, Rhoga, since I had you added from ages ago so you might've thought I was inactive. If so!

2277-7321-6232

If anyone else wants to add me, please do. And let me know. Name is Jack, town is Hammerin.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Anyone have the zodiac DLC set they could hook me up with? I'll pay 100k for it, or in some amiibo items (I have splatoon, resetti, and celeste) and Happy Home Designer items

Beekeeping and You fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 13, 2016

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

I will check to see if you're on my FList as soon as I get a chance, and add you if you're not. There's way too many people on it and it's hard to know who I'm deleting.

Edit: Got a chance to add you!

rhoga fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 13, 2016

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009

Sudden Javelin posted:

Is Summers open? Doesn't appear to be in my list. I was in there yesterday, thought I'd take another shot at fashion and post both attempts up. I imagine there's a chance that my FC got deleted if you needed more for room, Rhoga, since I had you added from ages ago so you might've thought I was inactive. If so!

2277-7321-6232

If anyone else wants to add me, please do. And let me know. Name is Jack, town is Hammerin.

I added you, please add me back: 1005-9371-4550

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I got a new3DS today in Boss's town, I got it via fortune cookie #57 :D

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Added you back, BattyKiara.

Fashioned hard out there. Will post pics tomorrow, it's pretty late over here.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

.TakaM posted:

I got a new3DS today in Boss's town, I got it via fortune cookie #57 :D

Yeah, this update has me buying cookies again. Got a Wii U after I had just preserve one from Isabelle :negative:

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.
I just want the doggos.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

This concludes the FASHION BASH!
Thanks for participating everyone. It's been great seeing everyone's pictures in the thread. You're all fashion superstars.

My third and final outfit:

ZANY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHER

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I was in charge of cleaning up after the Fashion Bash. Here were the remaining outfits:

My favorite is the mustached cat but they're all pretty great.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I'm baaaaaaaaack! Got some stuff to share now that I'm back on my computer and not phone posting.

First of all, the update changes your town's Dream Address, so here's my new and improved Dream town with updated profile picture:

Second, I was super pleased the moment I booted up my freshly updated town and saw where the campsite ended up:

That corner of my town I designated as a park/campsite pretty much from day one, and look! The campground went in the absolute PERFECT spot! It's almost like I planned it that way, 3 years ago!

Here's a shot of it with the campsite in use:

And lastly, big event for me! My pattern mule character (she holds my town's lovely paths) got an Initiative to make a Pro design, so I took the opportunity to make my :siren: FIRST EVER CUSTOM OUTFIT! :siren:

Behold!

It's... uh... a spacesuit with a falcon motif, ya dig?

Here's a better(?) shot of the suit itself:

I can get the QR code for it if anyone wants it... Or you can nab it from my town/I can put it in your Abel Sisters. Whichever you want!

Trying to decide what to do next. I have a few Amiibos I can make use of- all the Splatoon ones, all the Zelda ones, Isabelle and Digby, and a few random cards. I'm just hurting for MEOW coupons, constantly. Even with 4 characters to work with.

Have any of the online ACNL catalogs or apps been updated with the new furniture? I'd need this information both for the OP and for my own hoarding tendencies so I can keep track of what I have without checking the Nooklings' catalog all the time.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

This update is crazy! :supaburn:

I played this suuuuper hard in the beginning, but like others, went inactive as things stagnated. I was almost sure I'd never play again, because I pretty much accomplished what I wanted...

And now because of this update, I've actually been playing again!

I'm not sure if some of you still remember my modest little town of Irieside, but I still had Dongs and Silver on my little in game favorites list. Hi guys!

Anyway, this update is awesome. I have some serious friend code pruning to do so I can get back in on some shenanigans.

I have the Sanrio RV cards on the way, so I'd be happy to let people visit and get some furniture when those arrive. :allears:

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Does anyone know when the new amiibo cards are out in the UK? I ordered a couple of packs months ago and up until yesterday my Amazon said they were coming out on the 12/11/16 now they are saying out of stock and they will email regarding delivery?

I know the sanrio cards are due out end of November as I have preordered those too!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
So Fashion Bash! I went in looking pretty normal:

Ladder shades, star bopper, nothing too crazy. Tried some things out on the Saturday and...

Became Samus the Fisherman. Kinda weird, kinda fashionable. But not fashionable enough for a fashion bash. So I returned on the Sunday:

YEAAAAHHHHH

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is being unable to erase another town's tiles how it has always been? One of my friends wanted help clearing some paths he put down and I couldn't clear anything.

Yup, always been that way, its to prevent players from destroying hard work decorating if you add malicious people in.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

eggrolled posted:

This update is crazy! :supaburn:

I played this suuuuper hard in the beginning, but like others, went inactive as things stagnated. I was almost sure I'd never play again, because I pretty much accomplished what I wanted...

And now because of this update, I've actually been playing again!

I'm not sure if some of you still remember my modest little town of Irieside, but I still had Dongs and Silver on my little in game favorites list. Hi guys!

Anyway, this update is awesome. I have some serious friend code pruning to do so I can get back in on some shenanigans.

I have the Sanrio RV cards on the way, so I'd be happy to let people visit and get some furniture when those arrive. :allears:

Mayor Silver would be me, yes. Hi.

Looks like I'm in the same boat as you, for the exact same reasons. So much new furniture! Need it all.

I think I still prefer HHA for the house-decorating aspect, even with the option to use the HHA interface. It's just so much easier to get furniture with the click of a button, duplicate it (gently caress you unorderable items!) and customize it instantly.

Plus you can decorate more than 4 houses... I already made a character in my husband's town so I could make a haunted house. What better way to display the Creepy, Spooky, and Gorgeous furniture? But I'm not willing to sacrifice any of my current houses for it!

Oh, also I missed town layout chat awhile ago. Here's mine:

Permanent residents are Lobo (Shadow Mayor), Kyle, Julian, Drago, Punchy, Phoebe, Genji, Agent S., Merengue, and Ankha.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Discord really is the hottest way to play this game.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Even if you use Resetti's amiibo to get his RV, he still shows up if you turn off your game without saving. I got to give it to him he is dedicated to his job.

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

Gladys the normal ostrich is moving out of my town today, if anyone's interested in taking her

(And thanks again to Pixeltendo for helping me get the squid sisters outfits! :dance:)

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Some good news for anyone interested in Sanrio Amiibo cards:

Game.co.uk has them up for pre-order, and they will deliver internationally.

I'm in the US. I ordered a pack myself, came out to like 9GBP. :keke:

Don't pay 45 bucks on eBay :bahgawd:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

eggrolled posted:

Are they blind packed like the Japanese ones? Or is it just "buy one, get all 6 cards"?

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

They are a full set of the six available cards.

E: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/5cyq3l/sanrio_cards_available_for_preorder/ dude says so here.

Also its written on the package

eggrolled fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 15, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

eggrolled posted:

Also its written on the package

The picture of the package on game.co.uk is refusing to load as anything other than a blurry mess on my phone.

But hey, got my set ordered; thanks for the heads up!

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Haha no problem. For what it's worth, I could only zoom in on a picture towards the end of their weird mobile album. Its weird they didn't put it in the written description.

Get yer cards folks! :keke:

Alvie
May 22, 2008

FrictionlessEmu posted:

Gladys the normal ostrich is moving out of my town today, if anyone's interested in taking her

(And thanks again to Pixeltendo for helping me get the squid sisters outfits! :dance:)

Yo I'm down to take Gladys if you're still around. 4398-9500-1482

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

eggrolled posted:

What's special about the Sanrio cards, anyway?

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

Alvie posted:

Yo I'm down to take Gladys if you're still around. 4398-9500-1482

Ah, sorry, she just got taken by someone on the Discord server.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Silver Falcon posted:

What's special about the Sanrio cards, anyway?

you get sanrio themed furniture!!

jarbv fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 15, 2016

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Yep, Sanrio themed furniture AND villagers! :kimchi:

Like have you seen the keropi hairclip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Oh! I see now. I didn't know what Sanrio was. I am familiar with Hello Kitty, at least.

• Locked thread