Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i thought it was too, it's not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that is the most titan looking warlock ive ever seen then

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I thought it was too because I was viewing on my phone and that storm caller is acting like a striker would. Too bad they didn't get the memo to landfall outside a bubble to kill it first, then the occupants!*

*I don't play stormlock at all so if this mechanic doesn't work like that welp sorry

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

why are you using the arc splash damage buff

imho the splash recovery bonuses are a bit underrated, especially the solar one. I like running the reduced DoT artifact and the solar recovery bonus. I laugh off incendiaries and to a lesser extent wombos.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

The Meat Dimension posted:

I thought it was too because I was viewing on my phone and that storm caller is acting like a striker would. Too bad they didn't get the memo to landfall outside a bubble to kill it first, then the occupants!*

*I don't play stormlock at all so if this mechanic doesn't work like that welp sorry

it used to be you'd pop the bubble and also kill everyone inside lmao but they fixed that. You pop the bubble but everyone inside stays alive. It's why the guy jumped inside.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

imho the splash recovery bonuses are a bit underrated, especially the solar one. I like running the reduced DoT artifact and the solar recovery bonus. I laugh off incendiaries and to a lesser extent wombos.

Eh, I don't want to stop sprinting, I'll give it a try though

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 14, 2016

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

it used to be you'd pop the bubble and also kill everyone inside lmao but they fixed that. You pop the bubble but everyone inside stays alive. It's why the guy jumped inside.

I forgot they changed that lol. Taking a second look at Jackson's gif, what'd be the best way to approach that situation? Besides not at all :v:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Meat Dimension posted:

I forgot they changed that lol. Taking a second look at Jackson's gif, what'd be the best way to approach that situation? Besides not at all :v:

Golden gun, fist of havoc, or nova bomb are the safest way to pop a bubble.

Or go fight somewhere else on the map, it's super rare for a bubble to get dropped in a place you need to be RIGHT NOW. All you really do by challenging a bubble is risking giving the other team three orbs.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
You gain glory

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Unless its Rift and they bubbled the spark, I'm a big fan of "let them have their dumb bubble fort and do nothing in it."

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So tonight I got a silvered dread with braced frame, field scout and spray and play, then a clever dragon with perfect balance, high calibur rounds, and counter balance. Am I done with Iron Banner?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

So tonight I got a silvered dread with braced frame, field scout and spray and play, then a clever dragon with perfect balance, high calibur rounds, and counter balance. Am I done with Iron Banner?

That dragon is pretty drat good

I have a better dread though since I've gotten a ton I think. Smallbore, field scout, rangefinder.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Maybe. You don't want PB on a dread because mag size rules for LMGs and stabulity isn't necessary to that degree. And what's the perk besides CB on the dragon?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Also I will be using the April Update TTK Seahawksaw for the rest of Banner in honor of the mighty Seattle Seahawks skullfucking the Trumpskyite Patriots

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

oh, did a sports happen? :rolleyes:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
So yeah, I made a Montage: https://youtu.be/ZEU-7epnpHA

It's not super serious or anything, just a bit of fun. Hope you get a laugh out of it. Made it an an afternoon.

If you like it show it some love on the Bungie forums so I can try and get a movie of the week win: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/217974305

Edit: looks like it's working fine now.

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Nov 14, 2016

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Hello folks, please help with my Clever Dragon set up.

In addition to high caliber rounds should I run:

hand-laid stock or perfect balance

counterbalance or secret round

In a related question, how much trust should I put in the bars?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

huh posted:

Hey guys what should I pick, a handjob or a kick in the balls

(pb, cb)

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

CheeseFactory posted:

It's not super serious or anything, just a bit of fun. Hope you get a laugh out of it. Made it an an afternoon.

If you like it show it some love on the Bungie forums so I can try and get a movie of the week win: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/217974305

:five:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

huh posted:

handlaid and counterbalance, The range bar means nothing on the dragon unless you are challenging scout users on a huge map

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah I've got one with HLS and it doesn't even have CB and it does fine. The range stat seems really unimportant currently

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
The old vendor hawksaw is still seriously good. I went from getting curbstomped by the feeding frenzy of clever dragons with my Byronic Hero to getting Best of the Best medals just by switching primaries. Thirty light levels below everyone else or not. I'm excited to try this dragon.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Too bad it looks dumb and sounds bad. :colbert:

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
"Fashion First, guardians. A victory that isn't fabulous is worse than a beautiful loss."

-Shaxx, probably

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shaxx knows what's up, he wears fur.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I'm jealous of that rad helmet.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
So, Lord Shaxx, right? Is he an Iron Lord? Also,

xzzy posted:

Shaxx knows what's up, he wears fur.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

CheeseFactory posted:

JFC that triple snipe on Memento is just gross, then you team wipe snipe on Asylum and triple down with The Last Word on Black shield.

I will never be a gud.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

loving lmao

edit: nice, lots of sweaty gamertags in the kill feed and funny seeing BlindSite and Bob getting shot, nice low key burns there

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 14, 2016

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This is goof stuff.

Following video is unrelated, please ignore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRtYuG6MgX8

Tei fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 14, 2016

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

loving lmao

edit: nice, lots of sweaty gamertags in the kill feed and funny seeing BlindSite and Bob getting shot, nice low key burns there
I never noticed before but I can 100% tell that's aiming by mouse. Still, good montage :)

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I've been sniping

I'm better at it than I thought. Devils Dawn seems pretty decent and seems to have a huge inventory size. Let's me practice a lot. Kinda enjoying it.

I figure someday snipers will be back right?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Snipers are still good as long as you never get shot while using one.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

Snipers are still good as long as you never get shot while using one.

Which is really how they should be tbh

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
uttering a single word in approval of the way snipers currently are is p much indefensible

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

Which is really how they should be tbh

Yep, now if only they would do the same thing with the other specials.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

loving lmao

Best part is my huge wiff looking to get a big slam off jumping that wall into b on widows court.

Also thanks for work scheduling a meeting at the last minute and losing three hours last night I have about an hour to try and get one loving clever dragon this afternoon. IB still finishes an hour before reset right?

I drunked my way to just shy of rank 4 on friday night and couldnt get one to drop and had a stupid busy weekend.

I got a trials pulse and a couple of real nice pdx and hawksaws but I want to round out the set. Wont get high enough to buy the vendor one.

I dun goofed.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Got a Distant Star from a bounty rolled with:
Perfect Balance/Oiled frame
Snapshot/HCR
Zen Moment/Icarus

I know it is mida archetype and I am thinking PB/HCR/Zen moment should be pretty loving good, but I don't have a lot of experience with scouts in crucible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

texaholic posted:

Got a Distant Star from a bounty rolled with:
Perfect Balance/Oiled frame
Snapshot/HCR
Zen Moment/Icarus

I know it is mida archetype and I am thinking PB/HCR/Zen moment should be pretty loving good, but I don't have a lot of experience with scouts in crucible

It'll chew motherfuckers on widows court or in combined arms. Pair it with a plan c because its pretty much an old school mida without the exotic slot.

• Locked thread