Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

nullscan posted:

It's time for the no effort Thanksgooning post 2k16!

First off, SIGN UP ON THE SPREADSHEET HERE IF YOU ARE EVEN PONDERING SHOWING UP! Better to have too much than not enough food!

When is this shindig?
November 26th, Last Saturday of November. Bit late, yeah, but most teachers aren't going to get Thursday off or anything. We'll be setting up and cooking around 2 or earlier, so just show up whenever? Food will be served around 6 to 7. Also, all are free to come the Friday before and help cook or just crash out at my place. I have plenty of room and blankets!

MENU
This year we're going super simpler, with down home catered cooking, grits, meats, casseroles and whatever else we can think of. Most of the standards will be catered from on base leaving the cooks time to make special sides. That being said, if anyone wants to bring something or come over the day before and help cook, you're more than welcome, just note it on the spreadsheet!

How many bitcoins is this going to run me?
Previous Turkeyparties have ran donations-only but generally 10k to 20k won is typical.

If you don't have any cash don't let that be a deterrent though, tis the season for feeding freeloaders and I'll make up the diff.

Where's it at?
Since I've been movin' on up, this year it'll be smack dab in the middle of Itaewon!

Using Naver or Daum you can get directions fairly easy, but it's just a few minutes from Itaewon Station. Try 75-5 Itaewon-dong or 21-3 Itaewon-ro 16-gil.

Accommodations!
As always, goons are free to crash on the floor if they desire. Or fight it out for Race Car Bed. I have a futon, couch, and another bed available as well. Otherwise, Itaewon Land is just up the street as well as a few motels in the area. If you're coming from out of town and need help just ask in thread or Kakao and we'll figure something out!

Allergwarnings

I do still have Goon Favorite cat Pablo and standoffish priss Beyori. I'll be sure to do a good cleanup the days before to limit cat dander and hair, and will also have allergy medication on hand if it gets too much for anyone.
Reminding y'all about upcoming Goonsgiving 2016 2k16.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Let's not call it Goonsgiving 2016. Nothing good comes from that number.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Goonsgiving: Apocalypse

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Looks more like an annual Kakao convention tbh

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Love Stole the Day posted:

Looks more like an annual Kakao convention tbh

If you're a weirdo that can't interface with peeps maybe?

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Pretty sure we've posted it every year and we never blacklisted anyone so I'm not getting that. I also wind up inviting non goons to try and even out the spergs ratio.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Goons abroad tend to be pretty chill.

Goonsgiving is actually and amazing event with great food and hospitality.

But most Korean goons I know are gone :qq:

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

caberham posted:

But most Korean goons I know are gone :qq:

but songtan sally is still here for you! she even offered to blow one goon for his crunchwrap supreme!

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
A friend introduced me to Olde Knives in Itaewon, and I was totally blown away. The best steak I've ever had in Asia for like, 30 something thousand?

nullscan
May 28, 2004

nullscan posted:

It's time for the no effort Thanksgooning post 2k16!

First off, SIGN UP ON THE SPREADSHEET HERE IF YOU ARE EVEN PONDERING SHOWING UP! Better to have too much than not enough food!

When is this shindig?
November 26th, Last Saturday of November. Bit late, yeah, but most teachers aren't going to get Thursday off or anything. We'll be setting up and cooking around 2 or earlier, so just show up whenever? Food will be served around 6 to 7. Also, all are free to come the Friday before and help cook or just crash out at my place. I have plenty of room and blankets!

MENU
This year we're going super simpler, with down home catered cooking, grits, meats, casseroles and whatever else we can think of. Most of the standards will be catered from on base leaving the cooks time to make special sides. That being said, if anyone wants to bring something or come over the day before and help cook, you're more than welcome, just note it on the spreadsheet!

How many bitcoins is this going to run me?
Previous Turkeyparties have ran donations-only but generally 10k to 20k won is typical.

If you don't have any cash don't let that be a deterrent though, tis the season for feeding freeloaders and I'll make up the diff.

Where's it at?
Since I've been movin' on up, this year it'll be smack dab in the middle of Itaewon!

Using Naver or Daum you can get directions fairly easy, but it's just a few minutes from Itaewon Station. Try 75-5 Itaewon-dong or 21-3 Itaewon-ro 16-gil.

Accommodations!
As always, goons are free to crash on the floor if they desire. Or fight it out for Race Car Bed. I have a futon, couch, and another bed available as well. Otherwise, Itaewon Land is just up the street as well as a few motels in the area. If you're coming from out of town and need help just ask in thread or Kakao and we'll figure something out!

Allergwarnings

I do still have Goon Favorite cat Pablo and standoffish priss Beyori. I'll be sure to do a good cleanup the days before to limit cat dander and hair, and will also have allergy medication on hand if it gets too much for anyone.

We're about a week out so last call guys. We will be making the menu and doing shopping soon. That being said, if poo poo changes at last minute that's cool and come anyway!

Chimie
Nov 22, 2013

poly and open-minded posted:

but songtan sally is still here for you! she even offered to blow one goon for his crunchwrap supreme!

No way I was givin' away my loving crunchwrap! Though I'm pretty sure she would have been ok with my baja chalupa. Or a few fire sauce packets and a straw.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Chimie posted:

No way I was givin' away my loving crunchwrap! Though I'm pretty sure she would have been ok with my baja chalupa. Or a few fire sauce packets and a straw.

That's cheaper than what she offered me. She tried to wrangle me in with some Condo Timeshare technique. After pressuring me on the street corner across from the Hamilton Hotel, she told me it would be free. Even after I claimed I was gay, she just kept looking at my dick and saying, "Nah, you're lying. C'mon let's do it."

Sure the blowjob would have been free, but the lovely Itaewon love motel would have been like 40k. Plus that shame and disgust. It would surely last a lifetime.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

AmbientParadox posted:

Even after I claimed I was gay, she just kept looking at my dick and saying, "Nah, you're lying. C'mon let's do it."

heh, I also have told her I was gay to make her go away, and I guess I must look it because she eyed me up and down and then left. Go me.

that's my story, hope you liked it.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Well her stable is in Songtan, when people try to tell her they're gay there she says OK and she has pretty boys.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009

nullscan posted:

Well her stable is in Songtan, when people try to tell her they're gay there she says OK and she has pretty boys.

Is this some sort of local legend? Or a madame?

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

TsarZiedonis posted:

local legend, but just an old whore

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Do you think Songtan Sally was ever beautiful?

nullscan
May 28, 2004

From pics I've seen from old military dudes she was just lighter. But now she runs all the girls on the street in songtan. Still don't know what she's doing in itae, as someone who wants that kind of loving can just go up the hill and not have to buy a hotel room.

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

Does anyone know of any good Korean blogs/vlogs they would like to share? I've seen barely any that were good and last night I came across a couple of Youtube channels for China that made me wish there was something like it in Korea.

For instance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lAoTBVTTO8. Not that this particular video is great, but a lot of them on that channel and the one mentioned in the video are good.

Most videos are usually something like, "hey, I just arrived! look at this weird thing!"
or
"Hey, look at me and my quirky girlfriend and how funny we are!"

Substance would be cool as poo poo if I could find it.

edit: Sorta liked this guy for instance http://www.rjkoehler.com/

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
edit: real answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVD_MX7knTU

A friend of some of ours has been making youtube vids about different places around Seoul. With the Michelin list, he's now trying the different fancy restaurants and vlogging on them.

AmbientParadox fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 23, 2016

Chimie
Nov 22, 2013

TsarZiedonis posted:

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

for real got the willies seeing that picture

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I thought she got all the willies

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

I thought she got all the willies

nicely done

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
Goonsgiving +1?

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Goonsgiving, brought to you by your pals at

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can't make Goonsgiving after all.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Is that what they're calling her now? When I was there, she was Aragon Annie.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Hey yall, if anyone knows anyone in North West Seoul with a nice camera who can take a high DPI picture of a super tiny bridge that I purposed to my wife on for a Christmas gift let me know. I am willing to bank transfer the photographer 10420₩ if they can email me the pic I need. Any help will be appreciated thanks for reading andgod bless u all

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

E_P posted:

Hey yall, if anyone knows anyone in North West Seoul with a nice camera who can take a high DPI picture of a super tiny bridge that I purposed to my wife on for a Christmas gift let me know. I am willing to bank transfer the photographer 10420₩ if they can email me the pic I need. Any help will be appreciated thanks for reading andgod bless u all

try http://www.gregsamborski.com/

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

E_P posted:

Probably any semi-professional camera can produce a photo that can be used for a high dpi print, how big are you printing?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So for our highest level (8th grade or so) students' novel study we're doing Ender's Game (my suggestion) and I totally forgot there was a quip about "at least its not an anal exam" in the 2nd/3rd chapter :cripes:

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Unfunny Poster posted:

So for our highest level (8th grade or so) students' novel study we're doing Ender's Game (my suggestion) and I totally forgot there was a quip about "at least its not an anal exam" in the 2nd/3rd chapter :cripes:

totally cool, koreans are really into butt humor and poop and such

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

does scott orson card's homophobia ever end?

nullscan
May 28, 2004

does scott orson card's homophobia ever end?

As someone who somehow made it through all the Ender books, no. No it doesn't.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nullscan posted:

As someone who somehow made it through all the Ender books, no. No it doesn't.

What is wrong with you? Just stop at Ender's Game.

Edit - I guess I should say "what is wrong with Orson Scott Card" but meh. He's already deranged for other reasons.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

I dunno man I was just waiting for it to stop being about weird tree pigs and space Koreans and go back to spaceships.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fair enough. Although I like Hongdae for weekend stuff more than Itaewon, Fountain in Itaewon is pretty dope. There's a goddamn pizza place inside that club. Like what the gently caress?

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Unfunny Poster posted:

Fair enough. Although I like Hongdae for weekend stuff more than Itaewon, Fountain in Itaewon is pretty dope. There's a goddamn pizza place inside that club. Like what the gently caress?

Really? I've only been outside of Fountain, never inside. Although there's a booth pizza apparently upstairs from it.

So there exists a bar with arcade games, and a pizza stand inside? This sounds pretty much like somethingawful dot com the bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AmbientParadox posted:

Really? I've only been outside of Fountain, never inside. Although there's a booth pizza apparently upstairs from it.

So there exists a bar with arcade games, and a pizza stand inside? This sounds pretty much like somethingawful dot com the bar.

No only that, but dancing.