Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I want to take my Switch to my brother's wedding, I don't care who he decides to marry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

Holy poo poo you guys. The Switch is the same thing as the Sega Nomad

Sega does what Ninten(will)do

Hopefully the battery lasts longer than 20 minutes.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

It's true.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

cringe.jpg

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Please don't quote me off other forums.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

"I'm not trying to start an argument with anyone because I know I'm right" is my new favourite catch-all argument-ender

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

alf_pogs posted:

ive come around to it. its a single-syllable, an actual word and it kind of describes what the thing does, making it leagues better than the vowel abomination wii u

Reminds me of the bit in Muppets Take Manhattan where Kermit is with the depressed advertising team who can't come up with any fresh ideas to sell their product, and they're all shocked when he says basically that: just tell them what it does.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Reminds me of the bit in Muppets Take Manhattan where Kermit is with the depressed advertising team who can't come up with any fresh ideas to sell their product, and they're all shocked when he says basically that: just tell them what it does.

well now i just want to listen to The Rainbow Connection

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

My work here is done.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

:yeah:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

(thinks beautifully using only logic and a brain that defies the shackles of theology) Nintendo... for thirty years. Three centuries of knowledge, only a fool would believe in anything else.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
No longer will I be known as "that guy with the Wii U at his house" among my peers. Soon I shall be known as "that guy who carries the Switch around," and we'll play Mario Kart from the comfort of our worn and tear-stained beanbag chairs in the recreational hall's side rooms.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So Laura Kate Dale is reporting that Game is planning to sell entry level Switch at £199.99

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Nintendo is all about story in their videogames, which is why Sticker Star has a good story

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

TheScott2K posted:

Super Street Fighter II Turbo

That was never released on the SNES, anyway.

EDIT: The Mini NES is a goddamn joke. It's the worst way to play NES games and I can't believe people.

my girlfriend is Legos fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Nov 14, 2016

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nostalgia aside Nintendo haven't made a good game since uh

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

fivegears4reverse posted:

Nintendo is all about story in their videogames, which is why Sticker Star has a good story

That's the weirest part of that whole screed. Nintendo's pretty open about story being a thing they wrap around gameplay. It's the thin candy shell to their delicious chocolate games.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Empress Brosephine posted:

Nostalgia aside Nintendo haven't made a good game since uh

since paper mario color splash, which came out october 7th

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Nintendo's game design is Form Follows Function and it works out great to make organic works and stories most of the time.

Splatoon characters were just a square block. They knew the game was about spraying paint and traveling through paint. They made reloading happen by traveling through paint because it freed the player of having to use another button, and this made the main mechanic. They eventually settled in squids because of the idea of spraying ink and swimming. They then came to the 90s aesthetic because the paint reminded them of graffiti. Everything charming about that game came as a logical conclusion of the developers about the core gameplay mechanic.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Raserys posted:

since paper mario color splash, which came out october 7th

That's a funny one. You're a funny guy, with your funny jokes.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

greatn posted:

Nintendo's game design is Form Follows Function and it works out great to make organic works and stories most of the time.

Splatoon characters were just a square block. They knew the game was about spraying paint and traveling through paint. They made reloading happen by traveling through paint because it freed the player of having to use another button, and this made the main mechanic. They eventually settled in squids because of the idea of spraying ink and swimming. They then came to the 90s aesthetic because the paint reminded them of graffiti. Everything charming about that game came as a logical conclusion of the developers about the core gameplay mechanic.

I really, really want to see Mark Brown discuss other game studios. I'm eager to see if any have as coherent a methodology as Nintendo. Valve perhaps.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

greatn posted:

So Laura Kate Dale is reporting that Game is planning to sell entry level Switch at £199.99

In addition to this, Toys R Us Canada put up an ad advertising $329 CAD(which would be roughly $244 USD).

So looks like price will be $329 CAD, $249 USD, £199 GBP.

And that's a great price I think.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I really, really want to see Mark Brown discuss other game studios. I'm eager to see if any have as coherent a methodology as Nintendo. Valve perhaps.

does valve make video games anymore

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Didn't they make overwatch?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

wicka posted:

Steam is going to kill gaming.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

greatn posted:

Didn't they make overwatch?

Blizzard did, out of the ashes of their canceled supers MMO.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

wicka posted:

Valve used to make games. Now they make money.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Theta Zero posted:

That's a funny one. You're a funny guy, with your funny jokes.

color splash is good though?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Steam is going to kill gaming.

how's that

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

wicka posted:

how's that

I dunno, but the Nintendo Switch thread is a great place to debate it!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

wicka posted:

how's that

I don't have a serious answer for that.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well it has instigated a race to the bottom on pricing, which has led the industry to put more and more poo poo into preorder bonuses and season pass DLC. It's not killing gaming, but is making it suck a bit more.

Not very much a Nintendo problem though, they just understock the gently caress out of everything so you can't even get a used game for less than new.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Imagined posted:

I dunno, but the Nintendo Switch thread is a great place to debate it!

we definitely deserve it

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

greatn posted:

In addition to this, Toys R Us Canada put up an ad advertising $329 CAD(which would be roughly $244 USD).

So looks like price will be $329 CAD, $249 USD, £199 GBP.

And that's a great price I think.

If it's USD249 then it will be GBP249

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

~Coxy posted:

If it's USD249 then it will be GBP249

Not according to Laura Dale. She has two sources, one of them from GAME.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

greatn posted:

Do we know what's defined by entry level Switch? Because I need all the other useless plastic poo poo day one so I can stuff them into plastic bins four years later and never touch them again.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Louisgod posted:

Do we know what's defined by entry level Switch? Because I need all the other useless plastic poo poo day one so I can stuff them into plastic bins four years later and never touch them again.

One would assume Switch, dock, and joycons(L, R, and Grip), AC adapter, HDMI cable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Why do people call Laura Kate Dale by her entire name? Did she kill a President?

• Locked thread