Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
It's cool that DQB is doing well. It's a really good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

bloodychill posted:

It's cool that DQB is doing well. It's a really good game.

literally this game is a beacon of light in the darkness

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SylvainMustach posted:

I just got freedom wars (used and cheap)

It looks really nice but it's taking a bit to get used to the controls.
How is it as a single player game?

Worst crafting system imaginable and the beginning of the plot is interminable walking around but the sidekick AI is decent.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You can do some neat stuff with the Thorn and the polearm weapons in Freedom Wars, but one of the other huntster clones like Toukiden Kiwami or Soul Sacrifice Delta would probably make a better single-player game.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SylvainMustach posted:

It's alright but the story never particularly grabbed me personally. Really felt like they squandered a lot potential that the setting had.

Really Pants posted:

You can do some neat stuff with the Thorn and the polearm weapons in Freedom Wars, but one of the other huntster clones like Toukiden Kiwami or Soul Sacrifice Delta would probably make a better single-player game.

Soul Sacrifice Delta is excellent and the MH game that everyone with a vita should have IMHO.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

SylvainMustach posted:

i had a lot of fun with it almost exclusively singleplayer, but had to give up at the final boss. good time overall.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i had a lot of fun with it almost exclusively singleplayer, but had to give up at the final boss. good time overall.

Yeah, the final boss is complete bullshit until you figure out how it's meant to be done, or more realistically, cheese it.

But yeah, I enjoyed Freedom Wars a ton, and solely played singleplayer. It's biggest problem is its crafting system and the kinda bullshit human enemy AI. If you can get past that, it's an interesting take on the hunting action genre with a really fun movement system.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Human and Accessory AI is some vicious hitscan bullshit, that's for sure.

I wish FW had more enemy variety/not that random weapon skill garbage/a G version.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Can you explain the final boss of FW to me? I'm in exactly the same situation.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

Takoluka posted:

Can you explain the final boss of FW to me? I'm in exactly the same situation.

After you do a certain amount of its health, or break one of its boxes, it releases a "chain". Chains murder you, so you want to focus on them first. The problem is that if you don't break the box the chain is connected to, it will revive the chains further in. Also, after a certain point, it will release all its chains, who will stunlock you to death if you didn't start culling the boxes. Here's the thing, though: the spawn point? They can't enter there. So you can shoot them to death from there, as as long as they don't do their flamethrower attack, they can't hurt you. Make sure your allies are in there too, so they can revive you if they do use the flamethrower.

Probably not the way they intended you to do it, but it's certainly the least bullshit/grindy way.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 12, 2016

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Incredible. Jumping on that TONIGHT.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yacht Club actually bothered to put up Shovel Knight sales figures.
Of the 5030 physical copies they've sold about 72% of their stock.
Stop making feel bad for you Yacht Club.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

HGH posted:

Yacht Club actually bothered to put up Shovel Knight sales figures.
Of the 5030 physical copies they've sold about 72% of their stock.
Stop making feel bad for you Yacht Club.

Yacht Club is doing just fine.

It's the Vita that wants to curl up into a ball and cry.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Miijhal posted:

After you do a certain amount of its health, or break one of its boxes, it releases a "chain". Chains murder you, so you want to focus on them first. The problem is that if you don't break the box the chain is connected to, it will revive the chains further in. Also, after a certain point, it will release all its chains, who will stunlock you to death if you didn't start culling the boxes. Here's the thing, though: the spawn point? They can't enter there. So you can shoot them to death from there, as as long as they don't do their flamethrower attack, they can't hurt you. Make sure your allies are in there too, so they can revive you if they do use the flamethrower.

Probably not the way they intended you to do it, but it's certainly the least bullshit/grindy way.

Your AI squadmates will prioritize the chains if you order them to focus on personnel.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

If I make a US PSN account, can I buy a game on the US Store and play it on my Vita with my EU account?

I'd like to get Trails in the Sky but it's been removed from the EU store.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Vita can't handle multiple accounts. So you'll have to factory reset your Vita every time you want to switch between the US and EU profiles.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

If I make a US PSN account, can I buy a game on the US Store and play it on my Vita with my EU account?

Nope, it would probably be easier to get a PSP just to play that on.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

Aw man that sucks, I wonder why? Did it happen recently?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It got delisted ages ago, right around the time NISA EU's rights on Dragon's Crown expired.

SC is still up, but that was published in EU by XSEED themselves, FC was Ghostlight.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if you have an even remotely decent pc, I'm sure you could run the steam versions of the tits games

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

if you have an even remotely decent pc, I'm sure you could run the steam versions of the tits games

But enough about Senran Kagura.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Is anyone playing Root letter? looks like an interesting visual novel/adventure type mystery.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

In Training posted:

Aw man that sucks, I wonder why?

Ghostlight is a very lovely company. Glad they aren't in charge of any localization in Europe anymore.

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."

Wandle Cax posted:

Is anyone playing Root letter? looks like an interesting visual novel/adventure type mystery.

I'm holding off until I see some reviews from Western players. It did not get good reviews in Japan.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Wandle Cax posted:

I'm an hour into it and so far, it kinda sucks. The story just hasn't done anything yet and the translation feels really stiff.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Haven't used my vita in a while and the battery was dead so I went to charge it up and the orange light comes on but it just blinks when I try to turn the vita on. Been charging it for a at least an hour and still nothing. Any ideas?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Haven't used my vita in a while and the battery was dead so I went to charge it up and the orange light comes on but it just blinks when I try to turn the vita on. Been charging it for a at least an hour and still nothing. Any ideas?

ive gone back to my vita after letting it gather dust for ages and sometimes it just takes super long to get enough charge to start. id honestly just keep charging it before you assume anything

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah it turned on 30 seconds after I posted. Battery must have just been super dead.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I have a few friends who have been playing a ton of Letter Quest on their Vitas. Looks fun.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

bloodychill posted:

I have a few friends who have been playing a ton of Letter Quest on their Vitas. Looks fun.

Got 11 hours in it over the course of a week, likely getting a 100% if I continue, it's quite pleasing with good systems and challenges.

My one negative is that I don't like its dictionary, being raised with British English and its slang, its uniqueness.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
It's decent, but it's just knockoff Bookworm Adventures. It's nice to have it on a portable, but I just couldn't get too excited over playing through the same game a third time.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Nov 14, 2016

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Cake Attack posted:

ive gone back to my vita after letting it gather dust for ages and sometimes it just takes super long to get enough charge to start. id honestly just keep charging it before you assume anything
I turned my Vita on yesterday because I enabled 2fa on my account :v: I'm starting to feel a little burned out on SMT IV so I was tempted to play a bit of P3P or P4, but I resisted.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Is it necessary to play the Personas in order? Will I be missing anything if I play P4G without playing 1-3?

Are 1-3 even worth playing if my backlog is whoa huge?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shadow225 posted:

Is it necessary to play the Personas in order? Will I be missing anything if I play P4G without playing 1-3?

Are 1-3 even worth playing if my backlog is whoa huge?

None of the Persona games have related plots except for the P4 spinoffs. P3&4 are the most playable IMHO, P1&2 are pretty old.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

No they're all separate games. Common suggestion is to not bother with 1 or 2 (in particular 1 because it's very old school). The series changed a lot with 3 and then 4 builds on its mechanics. I don't think you'll miss anything if you skip 3 but I'm playing it and it's good (although the dungeons suck).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Not really, there are few if any references between the games besides I suppose some Persona 1 folks showing up in Persona 2.

Persona 1 is one of the worst JRPGs ever made.

Persona 2 is worth playing for the story (it's the best thing Atlus has ever written), but you have to be able to deal with 90s JRPG gameplay.

Persona 3 is pretty popular though I was never really a fan. There's a decent chance if you like P4G you'll enjoy some/most/all of P3. From a story perspective there is really no incentive to play it before 4.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I knew nothing about anything persona related before playing p4g just because it was supposed to be the best jrpg on the console and I was jonesing.

At first I wasn't into it because it felt like I was playing some japanophile wet dream high school simulator but then it turned out to actually own and be both cool and good, even if you can't date Kanji. If you like animes you won't even have that first problem so I guess it'll own even more? Except not being able to date Kanji, that's still a problem.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Persona 3 is good, but make sure to play Portable and pick the female MC.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

At first I wasn't into it because it felt like I was playing some japanophile wet dream high school simulator
i think you were just playing a life sim game, made by japanese people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Endorph posted:

i think you were just playing a life sim game, made by japanese people

Yeah this is the conclusion I came to after my day at the beach with my new bros