Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I can't shake the thought that this is also supposed to be an Elektra cosplay too because of the red bandana, as dumb as that sounds.

no that's what Silk looks like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The go to Spider-Person prop is a webbing backpack, duh.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

I can't shake the thought that this is also supposed to be an Elektra cosplay too because of the red bandana, as dumb as that sounds.

Oh you want Elektra?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Preprinted boob lines that don't line up with the wear's actual boobs will never not be funny to me.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
It may be accurate to the character, it may look good but I don't find a printed bodysuit interesting.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

https://www.instagram.com/minana.cosplay/

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

starkebn posted:

It may be accurate to the character, it may look good but I don't find a printed bodysuit interesting.

Fair enough.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Why is that woman wearing two gauntlets when one of them is meant to be on McP's floor?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

At first I thought she was pretending to be a miniature on that base-cum-floor-mat.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That is a fantastic Joan of Arc.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Did it get salty in here?

I feel like it got really salty in here. :salt:

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Subjunctive posted:

At first I thought she was pretending to be a miniature on that base-cum-floor-mat.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

This is a pretty cool looking costume.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tooting my own horn here but this dudes effort deserves recognition

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

it's me, i'm the adult making fanart for the internet

fullsize

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Digging that Mac from Punch Out on the right.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Alaois posted:

no that's what Silk looks like

Geez, how many different spider people are there? Spider Man didn't wring everything out of that gimick?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Hyperlynx posted:

Geez, how many different spider people are there? Spider Man didn't wring everything out of that gimick?

Not even kind of.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

Hyperlynx posted:

You can't claim a copyright on something when you wont tell anyone who you are. They need a name for the paperwork.

He had the same trouble trying to cash a check made out to "Spider-man" at the bank.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hyperlynx posted:

silk has, bar none, the worst, most embarrassing origin story/introduction of any of them though

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcrc4VdoueE

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This is incredible, considering the weird poo poo that Spider Man has done with all the mutations.

Max Payne

Vegeta

Many Hotline Miami characters

Sam Gideon from Vanquish

Alaois posted:

silk has, bar none, the worst, most embarrassing origin story/introduction of any of them though

I hate lazy clickbait posts like this.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

This is a very rare occasion, when a Dragonball Z cosplay isn't absolute poo poo and I'm kinda :aaa:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Silk breakdown:

Cindy Moon

Bitten by the same Spider as peter
Developed the same powers but has organic webbing
Convinced by Ezekiel, another spider-guy, to hide in a bunker for 10 years to prevent Morlun and his family from finding and eating her
Lived void of any culture so she's essentially a 90s kid
her first costume was like a swimsuit made out of webs
oh, and she and Peter have some kind of Spider-boner for each other (it has since been downplayed in her own series, which is actually good)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

Silk breakdown:

Cindy Moon

Bitten by the same Spider as peter
Developed the same powers but has organic webbing
Convinced by Ezekiel, another spider-guy, to hide in a bunker for 10 years to prevent Morlun and his family from finding and eating her
Lived void of any culture so she's essentially a 90s kid
her first costume was like a swimsuit made out of webs
oh, and she and Peter have some kind of Spider-boner for each other (it has since been downplayed in her own series, which is actually good)

Wow, that is so much worse than the non-Carnage symbiote names.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Alaois posted:

Nothing worse than X23, but at least they decided to immediately retcon her being a runaway child prostitute the minute she gained any popularity.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I hate lazy clickbait posts like this.

she was a classmate of Peter who was bitten by the same spider that bit him, except she was discovered and kept prisoner by an evil scientist until she broke out and found Peter but had an uncontrollable urge to gently caress him because ~pheramones~ and she looked like this

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
They could have just done an origin where someone tries to recreate the circumstances that gave Peter his powers. Then you don't need the whole "Oh she's always been around, just hiding" or "Her powers SHOULD be the same as Peter's but for some reason they aren't" business.

Or would that be too similar to X-23? Are comics suddenly really concerned about things being totally original? I say as we discuss this totally original Spider-person character.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

The fact that they would give her organic webbing is a little mind boggling

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Dumb question: isn't spiderman's webbing organic? I mean, in the sense that it's both animal stuff and in the sense that no-ones spraying pesticides all over peter parker every so often.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Ignite Memories posted:

The fact that they would give her organic webbing is a little mind boggling

I presume the meeting went something like this: "We need her to have webs for the sexy costume." "But Peter Parker invented his because he's a genius scientist, and she grew up in a cave." "Well do organic webbing because thats more plausible, and these are comic books, no one will ever care or wonder."

"Also, lets give her rubber femurs."

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

In this context 'organic web shooters' means they come out of orifices (usually in the wrists/forearm) instead of being a mechanical device that shoots out a prepared webbing solution.

Kwyndig has a new favorite as of 17:48 on Nov 14, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

In this context 'organic web shooters' means they come out of orifices (usually in the wrists/forearm) instead being a mechanical device that shoots out a prepared webbing solution.

Okay, cool. That's how I was thinking of them.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Oh I forgot Peter Parker made his webbing and then just sprayed it.

I swear there was a spiderman incarnation where he actually just spewed it right from his wrists?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

At various times during Spider-man's run in the comics he has had organic webbing. Strangely, during those times he never goes back to using mechanical shooters or even thinks about them usually.

Honestly Parker should be selling web shooters and making bank on refills to every hero in the MU with super strength.

edit: He had organic shooters during the Raimi era of Spider-man movies.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Deformed Church posted:

Oh I forgot Peter Parker made his webbing and then just sprayed it.

I swear there was a spiderman incarnation where he actually just spewed it right from his wrists?

The Toby Maguire movies were like that.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Kwyndig posted:

Honestly Parker should be selling web shooters and making bank on refills to every hero in the MU with super strength.

Yeah, I think that's been brought up about a couple dozen times by everyone that he talks to about it but he's like Tony Stark about not selling the formula.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I see we are still working through that salt.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Yeah, I think that's been brought up about a couple dozen times by everyone that he talks to about it but he's like Tony Stark about not selling the formula.

He tried selling the formula early in his career but since it's made to deteriorate quickly noone wanted to buy it. Of course he has never thought of rectifying this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hey everyone, i hope you all feel safe! Its been a week since my last post and boy, was this last week a doozy!

In spirit of recent world events, here is some cosplay. Hope you all enjoy!

Pineta cosplaying as a jackass! I love birthday parties that do this.

I believe this is a boot wizard from Full Metal Alchemist.

Miss Trump cosplaying as Marylin Monroe. Stunning!

The first lady is a dirty High-Elf from morrowind.

Starsky and Hutch cosplay of Kitty.

Actor from the Office, character Dwight, cosplaying as President Trump.

The walking dead crack addict.

• Locked thread