Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Dabir posted:

Are you sure? Didn't work in gen 6.

yes it did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Dabir posted:

It definitely works at least in ORAS.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Crosspeice posted:

This calling for help mechanic is very silly and I love it.

So have they fixed the problem with wild battles that kept you from throwing Poke Balls until all, but one was knocked out?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Geostomp posted:

So have they fixed the problem with wild battles that kept you from throwing Poke Balls until all, but one was knocked out?

No

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Never mind I'm not excited for sos battles anymore

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Upon looking back at Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold, I noticed there's an enemy in the game that does the same pose as Gladion.

Is this a JoJo pose or just a really popular Japanese pose?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Is this a JoJo pose or just a really popular Japanese pose?

Yes.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Well, that still sucks.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I peeked a little and saw that Hau never gets more than 4 Pokémon on his team. This is really disappointing after the loser squad from XY. They should have taken a page from Wally/Barry/Silver/Blue instead. I guess Gladion kind of takes his place. Is Lillie not a trainer whatsoever? I know Kukui ends up being champion and gets the unused starter.

I wonder if Friday's short will be a surprise episode about SuMo instead of BW. It'd be kind of weird with everyone being super hype about the new games and the short is about...Reshiram and Zekrom or Meloetta or something.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 14, 2016

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So if one of my chief complaints with XY was that the game was outrageously easy, even by Pokemon standards, how do Sun and Moon stack up?

I'm not asking for hardcore Pokemon but trainers having more than one or two Pokemon, or the inclusion of Cynthia-like challenges like in BW would be nice...

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Reinanigans posted:

I peeked a little and saw that Hau never gets more than 4 Pokémon on his team. This is really disappointing after the loser squad from XY. They should have taken a page from Wally/Barry/Silver/Blue instead. I guess Gladion kind of takes his place. Is Lillie not a trainer whatsoever? I know Kukui ends up being champion and gets the unused starter.

I wonder if Friday's short will be a surprise episode about SuMo instead of BW. It'd be kind of weird with everyone being super hype about the new games and the short is about...Reshiram and Zekrom or Meloetta or something.

Lillie is not a trainer. Not because she can't touch pokemon or whatever the anime made up but just she didn't become a trainer.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Captain Oblivious posted:

So if one of my chief complaints with XY was that the game was outrageously easy, even by Pokemon standards, how do Sun and Moon stack up?

I'm not asking for hardcore Pokemon but trainers having more than one or two Pokemon, or the inclusion of Cynthia-like challenges like in BW would be nice...

Definitely harder, and much harder to overlevel.

In general trainers actually get appropriate natures EVs and IVs now, which makes things like Ace trainers surprisingly dangerous

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If for some reason you want to turn off EXP share when all the trainers on the first two islands don't break 3 Pokemon, then yeah it's harder. Even with EXP share on and using the demo greninja by the point I reached the last trial and Pokemon league, some trainers were leaving me needing to heal back at the Pokemon center. Most of the wild pokemon on the 4th island were matching the ones I left in reserve with the EXP share.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Folks above already covered the xp/level things, and about team size, island captains seem to have 3 Pokemon each, elite four all 5, champion at least finally gets 6.

And there's that world tournament type thing postgame too.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Nov 14, 2016

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Most of the captains are optional battles. Only the Kahunas are mandatory.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I wish the games had a hard mode that skips the tutorial poo poo and fills out trainer rosters more, like a souped up version of B2W2's challenge mode. As it is, there'll probably be a difficulty hack out in a couple months.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Dabir posted:

It absolutely works in Gen 6. I've been getting most of the legendaries this way. Plus you can also do something similar with something with compound eyes fainted in the front and something with frisk and thief behind them. My Heart Scale farming buddies are a Noivern and a passed out Joltik and it works beautifully.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Thanks for the replies folks. Sounds like Sun and Moon meet my rather low threshold of "come on at least try a LITTLE" that XY couldn't clear :v:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Captain Oblivious posted:

Thanks for the replies folks. Sounds like Sun and Moon meet my rather low threshold of "come on at least try a LITTLE" that XY couldn't clear :v:

Should have just turned off the Exp Share.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Turn off exp share and honorable battle regular trainers with parties of 3, like god intended in 3v3 singles.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
I don't know if it's been tried yet, but if you get all three starters on one save file via trading, is it possible to get the Pokemon-specific Z-Crystals for all of them, or just the one you actually picked? And is there anything else with a special crystal?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

TVs Ian posted:

I don't know if it's been tried yet, but if you get all three starters on one save file via trading, is it possible to get the Pokemon-specific Z-Crystals for all of them, or just the one you actually picked? And is there anything else with a special crystal?

I don't know the answer to the first question, but as for the second, there's also Pikachunium and Snorlaxium.

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007

TVs Ian posted:

I would assume you could find or buy them all. You could do that with megastones in XY and ORAS if I'm remembering correctly. There's a special crystal for Snorlax which is being distributed with a Munchlax on release I think...or soon after. Think there's a few others with specific crystals too. Pikachu and Eevee and probably some more.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

About the Shiny Charm: I know you only need the Alolan dexes now instead of the full national Pokedex, but is it "seen everything" or "caught everything"? Also, do the Alolan Pokemon that aren't in the Pokedex (like the UBs and Type: Null) count towards that?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

TVs Ian posted:

And is there anything else with a special crystal?

Eevee, Mew, Alola Raichu, Marshadow, Ash-Pikachu, Snorlax, the Tapus, Pikachu, Primarina, Incineroar and Decidueye.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

PSWII60 posted:

It absolutely works in Gen 6. I've been getting most of the legendaries this way. Plus you can also do something similar with something with compound eyes fainted in the front and something with frisk and thief behind them. My Heart Scale farming buddies are a Noivern and a passed out Joltik and it works beautifully.

I tried it plenty in ORAS and it never worked for me.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Necrozma (the third member of Solgaleo and Lunala's trio) has been officially revealed:

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/798208171504304128

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Pakled posted:

I wish the games had a hard mode that skips the tutorial poo poo and fills out trainer rosters more, like a souped up version of B2W2's challenge mode. As it is, there'll probably be a difficulty hack out in a couple months.

At this point I'd accept a slightly watered down version of B2W2's challenge mode. But i'm at least glad the game seems to be somewhat challenging.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
So do we need to spoiler stuff that has been revealed about mechanical changes in the new games?

I'm conflicted about Hyper Training. On the one hand it's really good, on the other hand I have all these legendaries from ORAS that I went and caught that were good in gen 6, but turns out I should have mostly disregarded the IVs and just gone for nature and Hidden Power type.

Not sure whether to start ORAS over to get a new clutch of legendaries to move on to gen 7 once Bank is updated.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xguGMeEWhhs

Quick, everyone act surprised.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Hammerite posted:

Not sure whether to start ORAS over to get a new clutch of legendaries to move on to gen 7 once Bank is updated.

This is my exact plan to do once bank connects and I can move all my breeding tools over to SM

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Hammerite posted:

So do we need to spoiler stuff that has been revealed about mechanical changes in the new games?

I'm conflicted about Hyper Training. On the one hand it's really good, on the other hand I have all these legendaries from ORAS that I went and caught that were good in gen 6, but turns out I should have mostly disregarded the IVs and just gone for nature and Hidden Power type.

Did you use the legendaries in gen 6? If so you got what you wanted out of them. You'll need new ones anyway for gen 7 if you want to do anything other than passerby/randoms/friend battles/battle tree with them. And for battlespot randoms there's now an option to use the normal battlespot banlist.

Decus fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 14, 2016

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Did anyone else notice that every town There's a construction area with building materials?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is there a link to a spoiled Pokemon list anywhere?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

less laughter posted:

Necrozma (the third member of Solgaleo and Lunala's trio) has been officially revealed:

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/798208171504304128

So, we've got sun/moon/darkness this time?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is there a link to a spoiled Pokemon list anywhere?

Just text but with stats and moves: https://paste.ee/r/zYMUr, or with pictures and availability information: https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Geostomp posted:

So, we've got sun/moon/darkness this time?

less laughter posted:

Solgaleo - sun: emits light
Lunala - moon: reflects light
Necrozma - prism: refracts light

ergo they're the light trio

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Just looked up the leak on our edgiest of lords friend. Surprised that neither Rock or Dark are involved in this thing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Here's a list of all of the evolution methods of the new Pokemon in one picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Decus posted:

You'll need new ones anyway for gen 7 if you want to do anything other than passerby/randoms/friend battles/battle tree with them. And for battlespot randoms there's now an option to use the normal battlespot banlist.

Where is everyone getting this from? Other than the first tournament, which has typically always been only use the new generation, Nintendo has not said anything about this as far as I know. They did it with Gen 6 because they wanted to cut back on all of the haken generated stuff. Before that you could use Gen 3 4 & 5 stuff.