Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Imagined posted:

Why do people call Laura Kate Dale by her entire name? Did she kill a President?

Laura Kate Dale is a trio. They are really good at Nintendo espionage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

greatn posted:

One would assume Switch, dock, and joycons(L, R, and Grip), AC adapter, HDMI cable.

That's what I assume too, but it insinuates that there are potentially two bundles being released? Wonder what the "advanced" level Switch is, then.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

greatn posted:

In addition to this, Toys R Us Canada put up an ad advertising $329 CAD(which would be roughly $244 USD).

So looks like price will be $329 CAD, $249 USD, £199 GBP.

And that's a great price I think.

I told you guys the Switch was gonna be cheaper than the XboxOne and the PS4

Louisgod posted:

That's what I assume too, but it insinuates that there are potentially two bundles being released? Wonder what the "advanced" level Switch is, then.

Every single console launch has retailer bundles where they sell you the console, two games you want, three games you don't and a bunch of lovely third party accessories for a total savings of 20 dollars

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Guy Goodbody posted:

I told you guys the Switch was gonna be cheaper than the XboxOne and the PS4

They'll make up the difference in 'miibo and mobile game integration.

At least I assume the mobile games will interact with Switch games in some way.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh I hope Spla2n gives me gear for my non-Splatoon amiibos.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Louisgod posted:

there were rumors of one just being a bundle with a mario game and the other being a zelda bundle that includes the pro controller. that might be bullshit but it seems to make sense to sell it as base console/console+game/console+game+controller.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am so insanely happy the switch isn't nintendo's attempt at VR

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raserys posted:

since paper mario color splash, which came out october 7th

Lets make Kamek rng all your cards so maybe you can't ever beat the level ^_____^

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Guy Goodbody posted:

Every single console launch has retailer bundles where they sell you the console, two games you want, three games you don't and a bunch of lovely third party accessories for a total savings of 20 dollars

I'm talking official bundles here ala WiiU 8GB and 32GB. The Wal-Mart bundle of Switch + Nyko Pro Controller + foam stand + MadCatz latex condom for Joycons + Madden 2014 Switch Edition doesn't count.

wicka posted:

there were rumors of one just being a bundle with a mario game and the other being a zelda bundle that includes the pro controller. that might be bullshit but it seems to make sense to sell it as base console/console+game/console+game+controller.

It makes a ton of sense to include a premium bundle or whatever with Zelda included.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FirstAidKite posted:

I have been confidently assured that VR is good and the future of gaming exclusively by people who have at least expressed an interest in all-Soylent diet.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
^^^^ VR is the future of some gaming. Much like there are games that are suited more for portable devices and some games that are suited for powerful consoles/PCs, there are types of games that are suited for VR.

Louisgod posted:

I would assume that the little adapter thing that you put the joycons into to make a controller would also have to come with it. Otherwise there would be no way to play normal games while the switch is in the dock. There will probably be bundles that come with a game.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Louisgod posted:

Do we know what's defined by entry level Switch? Because I need all the other useless plastic poo poo day one so I can stuff them into plastic bins four years later and never touch them again.

199.99 without kickstand
249.99 with kickstand

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
249 for 32G, 349 for 64G.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
reminder nintendo didnt ship the new 3ds wit ha power cord so lol if ou think its oming with a HDMI and a power cord

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

reminder that things can change

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

wicka posted:

reminder that things can change

you are right. the switch can change between a home console and an on the go gaming device.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

$249 sounds like a great price point for my Monster Hunter / Pokemon / Animal Crossing machine.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

$249 sounds like a great price point for my Monster Hunter / Pokemon / Animal Crossing machine.

Quick reminder that the OG 3DS was released for $249 so having a home console/handheld hybrid released at $249 with a new Zelda game at launch and an almost guaranteed similar 3DS software future is extremely cool and good.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Louisgod posted:

According to the article more internal storage and a pack in game.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Empress Brosephine posted:

reminder nintendo didnt ship the new 3ds wit ha power cord so lol if ou think its oming with a HDMI and a power cord

Even the NES Classic comes with the HDMI cable and power cord. Nintendo was the first company to ship their console with an HDMI cable, being the WiiU.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

FirstAidKite posted:

They already had an attempt, probably learned to never try again.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Lol Laura already received a vaguely threatening letter from GAME about her article and then an apology letter for the tone of previous letter.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Imagined posted:

Why do people call Laura Kate Dale by her entire name? Did she kill a President?

I think it's like Laura Ingalls Wilder where it just sounds better if you say the whole thing.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

BattleHamster posted:

I think it's like Laura Ingalls Wilder where it just sounds better if you say the whole thing.

a common quality among all lauras

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Laura Dell sounds like a small new England township that casts its election votes at midnight.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Louisgod posted:

Do we know what's defined by entry level Switch? Because I need all the other useless plastic poo poo day one so I can stuff them into plastic bins four years later and never touch them again.

Apparently the two Switch SKUs are basically the same as the Wii U basic to Wii U black, i.e. the pricier one has more memory and a bundled game. We could hope it's the new Mario or Zelda or it's a minigame collection like Wii Sports and Nintendoland.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I really hope that 3ds Mario Sports Mix is getting a Switch version because that game looks dope.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Apparently the two Switch SKUs are basically the same as the Wii U basic to Wii U black, i.e. the pricier one has more memory and a bundled game. We could hope it's the new Mario or Zelda or it's a minigame collection like Wii Sports and Nintendoland.

Nice, I'd be shocked if it was anything but Zelda. Seems like a no brainer.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Not so sure. They don't NEED to make Zelda a pack in to sell it, or to show anything in particular about the console. It's going to have a super high attach.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

greatn posted:

Not so sure. They don't NEED to make Zelda a pack in to sell it, or to show anything in particular about the console. It's going to have a super high attach.

That's the thing. Since everybody already knows they're buying Zelda, making any other game the pack-in just make the premium bundle less attractive

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Saw Game.co.uk is allowing people to preorder

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/nintendo-switch-1712269

Placeholder value of 999.99 but you pay the confirmed launch price for your bundle when it is announced.

Tempted to do it as I really want a launch day switch, whenever and whatever that may be!

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Basically every Zelda release for the past several years has come with special edition hardware, and the big blank "screen blocker" on the front of the Switch's dock is begging to have artwork splashed across it, so I absolutely expect a Zelda version of the system.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's not about selling Zelda, it would be about selling the more expensive console. If I saw the more expensive Switch and it came with Zelda so I didn't have to worry about getting a Switch AND Zelda, I'd get it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Louisgod posted:

No zelda, no pro controller if i had to guess

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

Basically every Zelda release for the past several years has come with special edition hardware, and the big blank "screen blocker" on the front of the Switch's dock is begging to have artwork splashed across it, so I absolutely expect a Zelda version of the system.

they should do a base model, a mario bundle, and this. mario is a better example than zelda of a game virtually everyone will buy, but with zelda you can release a special edition version of the hardware and charge out the rear end for it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

"Louisgod" posted:

an almost guaranteed similar 3DS software future is extremely cool and good.

Im worried that devs will make those games in hd at extra expense and then realize they should put them out everywhere else instead of nintendo

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Real hurthling! posted:

Im worried that devs will make those games in hd at extra expense and then realize they should put them out everywhere else instead of nintendo

Probably, but most 3DS games I've played were first party games anyway so I was mostly referring to that.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

Most of those devs are Japanese and the handheld market is still far greater than the console market in Japan. We might see more phone game ports but I don't see: 1) Nintendo designing a dev kit that wouldn't play nice or would make things a bother for that such that it's easier to skip out on Switch and go full mobile 2) devs skipping out even if it's easy not to.

If Nintendo failed to do (1) it probably means they wanted to truly weigh and gamble their platform versus mobile and really are fully prepared to release another handheld if they fail. 3DS games moving to console exclusive isn't going to happen though.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oh I hope Spla2n gives me gear for my non-Splatoon amiibos.

amiibo was a sad whale project which kept the wii u afloat
switch games will probably better support whatever the switch amiibo project is, but you'll be able to buy them as seperate dlc or as easy to obtain cards or whatever

the last possible thing i want in the world is for switch games to actually give you token gifts for being an amiibo owner after i just sold like fourty of mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

That was never released on the SNES, anyway.

poo poo, they managed to stuff Alpha 2 on that thing but not SS2T?

• Locked thread