Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

Reapers break the cardinal rule of Attrition AI, which is that they should be something you kill with minimal effort to get your titan faster, not a significant pain in the rear end that constantly blocks you and has way too many HP.

They need at least 50% less HP than they currently have.
They're counter-Titan fodder. The wave progression in Attrition and Bounty Hunt seems set up deliberately to account for points in the game where multiple people are in Titans. If the game only ever spawned grunts and spectres, you could just stand on the periphery of the drop zone with your Titan and mow guys down before they even leave their pods (which you already can do, for the most part).

I'd love a Titans-only mode with AI Titans and Reapers, a bit like that mission towards the end of single player. Might need some Titan-specific maps, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Imo something that kills goons should be buffed not nerfed

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

The only issue I have with Reapers is collision. There's a reason Titans can walk right through drop pods.

Stalkers, on the other hand, are bad.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I like the addition of Reapers, since they're scary on foot and serve to keep you moving. In other words

ethanol posted:

Imo something that kills goons should be buffed not nerfed

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Is there a site that shows player counts for this game? I assume PS4 is the place to be right now?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Mordja posted:

I like the addition of Reapers, since they're scary on foot and serve to keep you moving. In other words

Attrition AI's seem to be a lot more sparse. Once Reapers/Stalkers show up, who am I supposed to kill as a pilot? The other team is mostly in Titans and the AI is way to tough to quickly bring down solo and you don't get meter for assists. You're basically left with peeking Titans and that's no fun.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
So for ranking up in this game, how does it work? get to Rank 50 (100?) then roll back to Rank 1? Im in the mid ~20's right now and sometimes when I get killed on the enemy's card I see "Level ##" and sometimes it's like "G 3.12", does that mean they rolled over from max rank twice?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

PlushCow posted:

So for ranking up in this game, how does it work? get to Rank 50 (100?) then roll back to Rank 1? Im in the mid ~20's right now and sometimes when I get killed on the enemy's card I see "Level ##" and sometimes it's like "G 3.12", does that mean they rolled over from max rank twice?

Yup. It's optional though, so if you want to keep all of your unlocked weapons and doodads you can just stay at 50 forever, or until you've unlocked everything you want with cold, hard cash.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

PlushCow posted:

Yeah you're playing in "Generation 1" Level 20 whatever. Once you hit 50(51 technically) you can "Regen" and start over again. Your level will be displayed as G2.1 and goes to G2.50.

Why would you want to Regen you might ask? There's no real benefit other than unlocking camos and some badges and patches. You're allowed to keep whatever you bought with credits, otherwise everything is locked by level progression again.

Also bars. Gotta keep filling those bars.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Numbers go up!

Honestly regenning isn't an issue because you should have enough credits to buy the handful of things you really need. Especially after the second one.

Now at Gen4 I have every single bit of kit I use unlocked, including Low Profile which is 225 credits, and Stim which unlocks at level 3 and costs 180 credits. I took that because I could not be bothered to wait 2 levels and I had 300 credits to spend at that point. Plus a bunch of weapons unlocked. 100 Credits for a weapon is a good deal. I can just grab something if I want it, since it takes ~10 levels to earn 100 credits.

I wish the net worth thing actually worked, I'd be interested to see how much I've earned in my career at G4.19 (next level I'm going to run scorch and blaze it)

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I wish that Coliseum rewards were tweaked to be better. Maybe they are and I just got unlucky, but blowing a ticket and pulling out a tough match against some guy just to get a single lovely patch is lame.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Something I hadn't realized until later is that if you want to keep playing the Coliseum the tickets only cost a nominal amount of in game currency. The way they were described to me before made me think it cost IRL dollars like Hearthstone. It's an easy/fun moneysink once you've purchased everything you need for regen purposes.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I've only played one game if coliseum. Let's say I had stayed in match making.. Would I have used another coliseum ticket on my next game?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Fuligin posted:

I wish that Coliseum rewards were tweaked to be better. Maybe they are and I just got unlucky, but blowing a ticket and pulling out a tough match against some guy just to get a single lovely patch is lame.

Or winning a coliseum ticket :suicide:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Deofuta posted:

Something I hadn't realized until later is that if you want to keep playing the Coliseum the tickets only cost a nominal amount of in game currency. The way they were described to me before made me think it cost IRL dollars like Hearthstone. It's an easy/fun moneysink once you've purchased everything you need for regen purposes.

Yeah. The in game cost is so insignificant it makes me think the ticket system is something they ginned up for Doritos to put on their label rather than something that was always there

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

colliseum seems to be a way to convert every 2 days of happy hour bonus credits (or one days of 2x exp happy hour credits) into happy hour bonus for the day, for the days you literally only have 5 minutes to play,

also i think reapers exist to kill autotitans that you leave on guard in a dz and thats about it

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 14, 2016

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I actually find reapers easier to kill as a pilot than a Titan :shrug:

The reapers will dodge your shots as a Titan but as a pilot they seem to completely ignore you and won't kill you as long as you keep moving. I just shoot them with my mag grenades for 10 seconds and, boom, easy five points.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

PantsBandit posted:

I actually find reapers easier to kill as a pilot than a Titan :shrug:

The reapers will dodge your shots as a Titan but as a pilot they seem to completely ignore you and won't kill you as long as you keep moving. I just shoot them with my mag grenades for 10 seconds and, boom, easy five points.

Reapers are significantly easier to kill as a Titan than a pilot.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Reapers are obviously for levelling up the devotion guys

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Pro tip: If you're using Scorch, the fiery facepalm of death kills Reapers real quick.

Also hilariously effective against Ronin.

YouSpoonyBard
May 10, 2007
You Killed Anna!

Hulk Krogan posted:

Pro tip: If you're using Scorch, the fiery facepalm of death kills Reapers real quick.

Also hilariously effective against Ronin.

Yeah if I see a Scorch as a Ronin, I just run. I just don't feel like I can outdamage a Scorch at my skill level.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

If Scorch is doomed you can still do an execution through the flame shield, so there's that. Learned that the hard way the other day.

Dred_furst
Nov 19, 2007

"Hey look, I'm flying a giant dong"
Having a lot of fun with the EPG again

full

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Can you please start linking these instead of inserting them and breaking the tables in a spectaculair fashion.

e: oh wow that is so much better. Sorry I was quick on the draw there. Good stuff. :cool:

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Considering there were people in here complaining that rodeoing is hard and now there's people claiming reapers and even stalkers (seriously... stalkers?!) are hard to kill as a pilot, I'm beginning to think that some of you are just really bad at being pilots. Use your mobility more. Use arc grenades or something to stun AI if it's seriously giving you trouble. Use your anti Titan weapons.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
http://i.imgur.com/YVFpdNR.gifv

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Hulk Krogan posted:

If Scorch is doomed you can still do an execution through the flame shield, so there's that. Learned that the hard way the other day.

Doomed titans can be executed even if they have a shield from a battery as well. That's what I found out the hard way, it was an unpleasant surprise.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

The Iron Rose posted:

(large gifv)

I don't even understand what's going on here, is the robot melee-ing or break-dancing??

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

did he kill him by smashing him into the overpass?

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

monkeu posted:

Considering there were people in here complaining that rodeoing is hard and now there's people claiming reapers and even stalkers (seriously... stalkers?!) are hard to kill as a pilot, I'm beginning to think that some of you are just really bad at being pilots. Use your mobility more. Use arc grenades or something to stun AI if it's seriously giving you trouble. Use your anti Titan weapons.

stalkers are easy pfft

anybody else get meleed by grunts a little way too often :ohdear:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

bug chaser chaser posted:

did he kill him by smashing him into the overpass?

PlushCow posted:

I don't even understand what's going on here, is the robot melee-ing or break-dancing??

yes

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Honestly looks like a lag hiccup correction more then a sekrit feature

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

The Iron Rose posted:

Robot Violence

It looks like a body slam or a knee drop. I guess the lesson is don't stand near an enemy auto titan.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Knee dropped the gently caress outa that dude.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
The Auto-Titan melee animations against pilots and other human-sized opponents are always great. :allears:

Damone
May 3, 2009
https://gfycat.com/BelatedCriminalCaudata Titans are still your best friends.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Sup fam, papa is back. Just got a ton more fatty dew codes

Here's the deal. If you haven't gotten any I'll send you three. If you got some from me but didn't unlock what you wanted I'll send you two more. It's not so you can have double xp

rememeber these go on the dewanddoritos.com website not the titanfall one. You can look up more info on it yourself. Post here first, then I'll PM you. Don't PM me

holla

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 14, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll take some codes, I haven't gotten any yet either.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
I have not gotten any codes yet either, so I'd love to get in on this batch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.
I'm so glad shooters have come back around to having weapons like the EPG available as primaries, it's so much fun to use and as somebody said earlier it's really rewarding to catch people with direct hits.

Could I get some of these codes? England never gets the snackfood bonuses.