Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Kibner posted:

If I normally can't stand Will Ferrell humor, is Semi-Pro still worth watching?

Get drunk and watch it, its got some hilarious scenes and some awful scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

White Mamba dropping rumors that Warriors/Celtics are working on a deal for Thompson.

Uh, for what?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Larry Bird letting Vogel go was a stupid rear end move. But still, how are the Pacers so bad this year? Was George Hill that important?

euphronius posted:

Him and mahinmi could play defense yeah

It's this.

Larry wanted buckets and got them, Pacers scoring 108 a game.

and giving up 112.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The main reason why Bird fired Vogel was because he refused to go small ball and continued using double-big line-ups with Mahmimi/Myles Turner/Solomon Hill because Larry Bird is a retard who thinks Paul George at the 4 solves his lovely signing of Rodney Stucky and Monta Ellis for 4 years

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Any Minneapolis goons want to go to some cheap Timberwolves games this winter? They are doing a 6 game ticket package deal:

Golden State Warriors - December 11th
Portland Trailblazers – January 1st
Chicago Bulls – February 12th
Clevaland Cavaliers – February 14th
Los Angeles Lakers – March 30th
OKC Thunder- April 11th

Lower bowl starting at just $315 and in the upper level starting at $125 a piece. I'm intrigued but wouldn't want to go solo.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Redgrendel2001 posted:

White Mamba dropping rumors that Warriors/Celtics are working on a deal for Thompson.

I love Scal but he's on Ainge's payroll

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Redgrendel2001 posted:

What? I mean, sure, we'll take Horford. :haw:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sonics expansion team confirmed?
https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNBA/status/798144654881542144

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Sonics expansion team confirmed?

Grizzlies are moving back to Vancouver and using the old jerseys

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
He's literally a celtics color commentator now so even i don't find joy in these "reports"

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Lockback posted:

Uh, for what?

chunkles posted:

I love Scal but he's on Ainge's payroll

Yeah he has to be bullshitting. I love Noel, but this is way too much to expect in return for him.

-Boston gets Klay
-GS gets Noel and one of Crowder/Bradley
-Philly gets Brooklyn 2018 pick and one of Crowder/Bradley

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

If I was Ainge I would probably just have guys print increasingly insane and ridiculous things that have nothing to do with basketball. Leading up to a War of the Worlds rebroadcast on Boston radio.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Scal's no longer a silly man who invites local ballers to play 1 on 1, but a filthy rumormonger

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

chunkles posted:

If I was Ainge I would probably just have guys print increasingly insane and ridiculous things that have nothing to do with basketball. Leading up to a War of the Worlds rebroadcast on Boston radio.

You're not really far off, the crazy rumors are mainly started by and for the local sports radio personalities so they have a full slate of topics to talk about when Rob from Waltham calls in to chop shop about some Who Says No, Bub

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Yeah he has to be bullshitting. I love Noel, but this is way too much to expect in return for him.

-Boston gets Klay

lol what, I was expecting the warriors to get at least 2 picks with one being brooklyn

this is why no one trades with you ainge

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I assume all NBA GMs hate Ainge, given that he plays the media rumor game hard and appears to overvalue his assets

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

Scal's no longer a silly man who invites local ballers to play 1 on 1, but a filthy rumormonger

The darkest timeline

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/798222248029065216

Demar is The One.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

The Chappaquiddick tribe in Massachusetts commonly refers to him as Danny "4 Firsts for Winslow" Ainge.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Horford can't be traded for another month

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

I assume all NBA GMs hate Ainge, given that he plays the media rumor game hard and appears to overvalue his assets

It works out well enough because when you deal mainly with people in desperation mode they can't afford to remember that they hate you

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why would gs ever trade Thompson. He's like .. . Perfect. I guess to clear room to keep Kd and some bench help? Idk.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I think you guys are really putting entirely too much stock into the words of Brian Scalabrine

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

I think you guys are really putting entirely too much stock into the words of Brian Scalabrine

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

chunkles posted:

Grizzlies are moving back to Vancouver and using the old jerseys

Delet this

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wiggins is leading the NBA in 3 point percentage and just dropped 47 and...

I want to dig up that poo poo article at fivethirtyeight that said Wiggins actually secretly sucks and is Antoine Walker according to advanced metrics.

fake edit: found it. They eliminated the comments which people kept adding like "lol how ya feel now, moron?"

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features...m-with-scorers/

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

-Boston gets Klay

That is a gigantic return for Noel.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Redgrendel2001 posted:

The Chappaquiddick tribe in Massachusetts commonly refers to him as Danny "4 Firsts for Winslow" Ainge.

Too bad for him Chief Jeans Are Ripped wasn't having any of it

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Ainge must have been pestering every Boston sports journalist.

https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/798152056527785984

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

kiimo posted:

I want to dig up that poo poo article at fivethirtyeight that said Wiggins actually secretly sucks and is Antoine Walker according to advanced metrics.

fake edit: found it. They eliminated the comments which people kept adding like "lol how ya feel now, moron?"

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrTOCbDTZe8

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

kiimo posted:

Only an rear end in a top hat would be upset with getting a new Antoine Walker for their team

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

kiimo posted:

This is their magnum opus right here: http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/andrew-wiggins-lebron-james/

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Apparently Wiggins is the first ever canadian-born NBA player to score 40+ in a game.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Whoa Nate Duncan sang praise for the Raptors

The election really has changed everything

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I told y'all Wiggins is good

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Redgrendel2001 posted:

-Boston gets Klay

this seems heinously light for Klay Thompson, Golden State should at least get the 2017 pick swap with Brooklyn

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/798228088861519872

Hot dang.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

These quotes are funny because Demar's never been at a loss for confidence late in the game. He's always played like he's confident in what he's doing. It's just now his mid range shots are going in and the refs (unlike the playoffs) are calling all the sneaky fouls he draws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

kiimo posted:

Wasn't Antoine Walker actually pretty good?

• Locked thread