Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

rum sodomy Rainbow Dash posted:

What are the odds that Kirschen will even mention Trump hiring an antisemite

None, and that's what makes his cartoons funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Kirschen is living proof that "Never again" is a meaningless platitude.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to remake it but as a trilogy this time and with a bunch of slowed down covers of old songs.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Is that a real word, or are you perhaps referring to laks?

Spelling variation, I think. In Swedish it's "lax", as in "grav[ad]lax".

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So I guess that that JRRose! 'toon with Bush riding into the sunset is going to get proven true at last if only for how much worse the Trump administration is going to be.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Might be old news to some of you, but in trying to look up Israeli reactions to the Bannon thing, I discovered that Gingrich was arguing yesterday that it's preposterous to call Bannon an anti-Semite, given that he worked for an investment bank and was a producer in Hollywood. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/face-the-nation-transcript-november-13-2016-gingrich-sanders/

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

eviltastic posted:

Might be old news to some of you, but in trying to look up Israeli reactions to the Bannon thing, I discovered that Gingrich was arguing yesterday that it's preposterous to call Bannon an anti-Semite, given that he worked for an investment bank and was a producer in Hollywood. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/face-the-nation-transcript-november-13-2016-gingrich-sanders/

The election has convinced me that arguments like that are actually effective on a lot of people. Like those "how can Trump be racist when there's a picture of him standing next to a black person?" memes

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

KennyMan666 posted:

So I guess that that JRRose! 'toon with Bush riding into the sunset is going to get proven true at last if only for how much worse the Trump administration is going to be.
When can we ironically bring back the Bush "Miss me yet?" memes?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

mapquest in tyool 2016

trap sprung

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Shut the gently caress up, dees

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

eviltastic posted:

Bannon isn't an anti-Semite and I can prove it with these anti-Semitic stereotypes!
:cripes:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Bannon isn't an anti-Semite and I can prove it with these anti-Semitic stereotypes!
:cripes:

"Bannon can't be an anti-semite because in private once he told me that he loves long noses and curly hair and greedily counting money."

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I regret that Dees is just pivoting into Trump worship. I expected he would continue his "one side is worse than the other but both sides are chemtrail-fueled" stance.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

It took these nutters all of less than a week to bring back the Iraq War-era ZOMG SOROS AND INTERNATIONALISTS ARE FUNDING PROTESTS bullshit. Impressive.

Also cute that Wikileaks is playing along. How long until WL spews out hacked documents from Trump opposition?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

eviltastic posted:

is bannon the freeper who worked on iron man

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I regret that Dees is just pivoting into Trump worship. I expected he would continue his "one side is worse than the other but both sides are chemtrail-fueled" stance.
I mean, he probably sees a kindred soul in Bannon.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

eviltastic posted:

according to the (London) Jewish Chronicle, israeli reactions are mixed based on how left or right wing individual israelis are. Apparently the jewish vote splits heavily on religious lines in the US with most jews voting dem but the orthodox ones (about 1/10th of the total) usually going republican. The orthodox guys seem pretty happy and everyone else ranges between "wait and see" and despair

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009
I can't be racist against black people! I love fried chicken and watermelon!

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

according to the (London) Jewish Chronicle, israeli reactions are mixed based on how left or right wing individual israelis are. Apparently the jewish vote splits heavily on religious lines in the US with most jews voting dem but the orthodox ones (about 1/10th of the total) usually going republican. The orthodox guys seem pretty happy and everyone else ranges between "wait and see" and despair

Yeah, according to Pew Jewish people as a whole tend to vote about as Democratically as Latin American people. Both are largely left-leaning with smaller Republican leaning factions. Interestingly enough Jews seemed to be the only religious group to actually turn more Democratic since 2012.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

"Hmm. This still needs something as the cherry on top"
*copy-pastes stock image of black guy screaming*
"Yes, there we go."

Uses famous image that preceded destabilizing a country as metaphor. Draws President Silver-Spoon in a pickup truck. The next four years promise to bring some amazing Branco cartoons.

Mr. Copy-Paste has some things to say about safe spaces.

G-Wash wondering what's up with that landowner and slave shaking hands.

Pope must be kind of delighted he gets to regularly use an oppressive leader with a goofy face again.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Haha, gently caress off Rall

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

I see the star of david is making a great comeback in dees cartoons

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I like (well, not like, feel vomit rising in my throat) that as modern leftism is currently searching for a new leader and direction, as Republicans coalesce around a man who embodies every possible negative trait, as this is the best time ever for Rall to make good on leading a glorious revolution, his only contribution is "boy, that Hillary sure sucks, huh".

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

How long before Trump in a budgie smuggler?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Sandpuppy posted:

Mr. Copy-Paste has some things to say about safe spaces.

On the one hand "safe space" is never used in cartoons by anyone other than rightwing shitheads, and Gorrell really doesn't seem like the person to use the phrase nonironically, but... this is the Constitution showing solidarity with migrants, right? I need outside confirmation before I allow myself to think Gorrell has a remotely non-poo poo opinion.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sandpuppy posted:

Uses famous image that preceded destabilizing a country as metaphor. Draws President Silver-Spoon in a pickup truck. The next four years promise to bring some amazing Branco cartoons.
Give him some credit, Obama holding the pen and the phone is pretty good.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Remembrance Sunday – Andrew Marr has defended the decision to broadcast an interview with French far-right presidential candidate Marine Le Pen on Remembrance Sunday"

Telegraph:

Nigel Farage branded 'poppy-less popinjay' for skipping Remembrance Sunday to visit Donald Trump

Independent:

Times:

Critics praise Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Angepain posted:

On the one hand "safe space" is never used in cartoons by anyone other than rightwing shitheads, and Gorrell really doesn't seem like the person to use the phrase nonironically, but... this is the Constitution showing solidarity with migrants, right? I need outside confirmation before I allow myself to think Gorrell has a remotely non-poo poo opinion.

I think he may have thought that was a photo of the bill of rights and he was putting a pin in the second amendment, because he's an idiot.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Angepain posted:

That's what I read too, but the message may well be that it is impossible to have systematic discrimination in the US thanks to the constitution, so liberals need to just sit down and shut up.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

rum sodomy Rainbow Dash posted:

How long before Trump in a budgie smuggler?

Tony Abbott actually wore one. As gross as Abbott is, I couldn't fathom the sight of Trump in one.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Fulchrum posted:

I like (well, not like, feel vomit rising in my throat) that as modern leftism is currently searching for a new leader and direction, as Republicans coalesce around a man who embodies every possible negative trait, as this is the best time ever for Rall to make good on leading a glorious revolution, his only contribution is "boy, that Hillary sure sucks, huh".

Ted Rall never actually wanted to make an actual change or do anything, he just wanted to complain about things and feel smugly satisfied.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I'm relatively new to this thread, what does Rall identify himself as on the political spectrum? Or does he at all? Because he seems so nebulous I'm curious how he thinks about himself.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Ted Rall never actually wanted to make an actual change or do anything, he just wanted to complain about things and feel smugly satisfied.

Todd doesn't want to make change, but he does want credit for making change. Also recognition for his pithy takes.

E: Rall sees himself as the only ideologically pure leftist.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Necroskowitz posted:

Yeah, according to Pew Jewish people as a whole tend to vote about as Democratically as Latin American people. Both are largely left-leaning with smaller Republican leaning factions. Interestingly enough Jews seemed to be the only religious group to actually turn more Democratic since 2012.

Jews are naturally distrustful of authoritarian xenophobia-driven populists for fairly obvious reasons

My relatives have broken Godwin's Law on Facebook many times in the past couple months

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

Angepain posted:

I think he might be trying to say that no one needs a safe space as long as we have the Constitution, but loving look where he put that goddamn pin.

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Independent:

I love Putin ready with his kissing lips.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Low Desert Punk posted:

I'm relatively new to this thread, what does Rall identify himself as on the political spectrum? Or does he at all? Because he seems so nebulous I'm curious how he thinks about himself.

So far left that he openly advocates the violent overthrow of the government and the immediate implementation of full communism.

But only if he gets to be in charge to make sure it's done right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Bianca Xunise on the voices of black women in America.

Eleri Harris on feeling American.

• Locked thread