Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Oh poo poo Poppys back. Mondays and Fridays just got way better :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Propheseizure.

That is great and terrible.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Unlucky7 posted:

Propheseizure.

That is great and terrible.

Yeah I just came here to express admiration for the portmanteau!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Captain Oblivious posted:

Well Guilded Age finally took Chekov's Gun down off the mantle and fired it

http://guildedage.net/

RIP Iwatani. I can't tell if Taro's impertinence from before was just an act or not, based on this sudden shift in behavior. He's not normally this calm.

Oh no how shocking :geno:

This is the worst coup attempt.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Green Intern posted:

Oh no how shocking :geno:

This is the worst coup attempt.

This shoe has been waiting to drop for literally 4 years now. What's interesting about it isn't so much the possibility Taro is going to seize the kind of power his father had (he isn't), but more how he's going to ruin everyone elses plans inadvertently by being a literal child brought up to be a sociopathic monster.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Yo, today's Octopus Pie is p. great, you should read it. Mildly :nws: tho.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

TwoPair posted:

Boulet's got skills.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

TwoPair posted:

This made me smile on this grim loving morning.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Well, King Radical was right even if he didn't finish his sentence.

That was pretty rad.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I miss him already.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I miss President Radical

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Enjoying the satanic sigil of gentrification being drawn around Tackleford.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

For some vague and undefined reason of gut instinct, I am convinced that this is going to end with Dr McNinja as the new King Radical.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
you fuckers killed leonard cohen. each and every one of you.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Avshalom posted:

you fuckers killed leonard cohen. each and every one of you.

who killed david bowie then?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
david bowie yet lives, within my heart

it's actually kind of a nuisance, i need that for pumping blood

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Nuns with Guns posted:

who killed david bowie then?

It was me, I was dusting a vase next to the "Kill Bowie" button and it fell over. I'm sorry I'm a klutz :(

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Captain Oblivious posted:

For some vague and undefined reason of gut instinct, I am convinced that this is going to end with Dr McNinja as the new King Radical.

According to the latest update, I'm pretty sure you're right.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

So everything's turning topsy-turvy in Poppy O'possum.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Huh. All this time I those lines referred to a play, i.e., Skyhenge, Act IV. I'm not sure it counts as a 'reveal' since it mainly came as a surprise due to my own lack of attention, but still pretty neat.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I love that Morbi's tumblr still has people arguing at him that Lila is not a human.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

They seem to get more intense in their conviction the more he tells them they're wrong.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Holy crap, Chris Sanders is making new Kiskaloo!

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i am a human

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Avshalom posted:

i am a human

or are you dancer?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

They seem to get more intense in their conviction the more he tells them they're wrong.

A fairly standard reaction when people are told they are wrong.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I can kind of understand that in real life, when there are actual people in front of you that you want to save face in front of, but all the people bitching about it are anons. They literally have no face that needs saving.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
homestuck has left the webcomic public convinced that every twist is a troll

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Tenebrais posted:

So everything's turning topsy-turvy in Poppy O'possum.

yeah my guess is that the remains of the opossum tree is what generates or sustains the Veil of Ignorance. Also that all the ill fortune of opossums is somehow the Humans fault.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Rangpur posted:

Huh. All this time I those lines referred to a play, i.e., Skyhenge, Act IV. I'm not sure it counts as a 'reveal' since it mainly came as a surprise due to my own lack of attention, but still pretty neat.

skyhenge has been previously established as a place

http://www.poppy-opossum.com/comic/poppy-2-page-23/

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
I love that Charlotte basically took over the newspaper. http://www.scarygoround.com/?date=20161114

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Numero6 posted:

I love that Charlotte basically took over the newspaper. http://www.scarygoround.com/?date=20161114

Well... the actual reporters are busy trying to survive a new owner who really believes in the twitter #revolution.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I love Bad Machinery and how unashamedly British it is, but there's so many pages in that universe spread over several comics on their own separate URLs, so it's hard to go back and hoover up the entire archive.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I love Bad Machinery and how unashamedly British it is, but there's so many pages in that universe spread over several comics on their own separate URLs, so it's hard to go back and hoover up the entire archive.

That's basically all that really keeps me from keeping reading it. I used to read scary go round back when that was still a thing but then my computer died and when I got a new one apparently it had stopped and the guy started something new. Eventually I started reading Bad Machinery and I caught up to the archives there and the guy just decided to put it on hiatus for a while to start another comic. Now he's doing Bad Machinery again? Cool for him I guess, he writes neat stuff. But it gets kind of weird when a webcomic starts taking effort to keep track of to find out whether or not the one I'm reading is actually the webcomic I'm there for, or if the author just wants to do something new out of the blue.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Something tells me, just based on the title cover art, that this next chapter of Kiwi Blitz is gonna be really rough http://www.kiwiblitz.com/comic/page-491/

Mimicking the Gorillaz art style is also a neat choice. It really conveys just how loving done Steffi and Ben are with all of Jones's bullshit.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Nuebot posted:

That's basically all that really keeps me from keeping reading it. I used to read scary go round back when that was still a thing but then my computer died and when I got a new one apparently it had stopped and the guy started something new. Eventually I started reading Bad Machinery and I caught up to the archives there and the guy just decided to put it on hiatus for a while to start another comic. Now he's doing Bad Machinery again? Cool for him I guess, he writes neat stuff. But it gets kind of weird when a webcomic starts taking effort to keep track of to find out whether or not the one I'm reading is actually the webcomic I'm there for, or if the author just wants to do something new out of the blue.

I think the subdividing has become Allison's way of preventing Bad Machinery becoming like Scary-go-Round where depending on what arc you are on focused on different "main" characters. I mean it started with Tessa and Rachel (haha remember those gals) and ended in fan favourite Desmond Fishman. I feel it better to say bad machinery's going on hiatus for a while and I'm writing some bobbins again so I don't get burnt out, rather than have Bad Machinery : The Case of Shelley Winters, and exiling the mystery teens to hell, or worse, Wales, and not knowing if or when they are coming back.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Sure, but it badly needs a main site to amalgamate everything, with an archive detailing which chapters of what come in which order. It's not fantastically complicated, but the various series have gone on long enough and have enough interconnection between the cast that getting a handle on it all is a lot of work with basically no assistance from the author whatsoever.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Yak of Wrath posted:

I feel it better to say bad machinery's going on hiatus for a while and I'm writing some bobbins again so I don't get burnt out, rather than have Bad Machinery : The Case of Shelley Winters, and exiling the mystery teens to hell, or worse, Wales, and not knowing if or when they are coming back.

John Allison gives his SA identity away!

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
mr allison, i just did a poo and it came out bright orange, am i dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
well not bright orange exactly, it was more a sort of burnt orange. very stylish

• Locked thread