Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

NumberLast posted:

Um, my post was agreeing with yours.

sorry, iv gotten very little sleep lately lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Zythrst posted:

Please please please ask about DAPL.

Agreed.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

"We changed our minds. Operation Secret Islamic Dictatorship begins now. Oh, and Alex Jones? You were right the whole time!"

Hail gay satan

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Well What Now posted:

While we're all pondering what to do next, here's a very good summary of what not to do: Democrats Hoping ‘Trump Effect’ Would Drive Latino Turnout Neglected Engagement Work

WHAT THE gently caress DID THEY DO WITH ALL OF THAT MONEY

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Ugh, look at this pleb. There is a long 'S' character ſ, ya dingus.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
Wow Obama sort of basically supporting the Bernie wing here.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Well What Now posted:

While we're all pondering what to do next, here's a very good summary of what not to do: Democrats Hoping ‘Trump Effect’ Would Drive Latino Turnout Neglected Engagement Work

WHY?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol obama politely dumping on clinton campaign here

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

sorry, iv gotten very little sleep lately lol

i know you're trying to see through the matrix now but extreme austerities are not recommended as a path to enlightenment

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Shoulda used Wisconsin. She did come to Iowa, even chilled in Cedar Rapids.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Zikan posted:

Calling it now: it was all pocketed by crony consultants who did absolutely nothing.

Edit: She was 'inevitable', so why put in any effort.

Mister Fister has issued a correction as of 21:55 on Nov 14, 2016

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Shoulda used Wisconsin. She did come to Iowa, even chilled in Cedar Rapids.

Democrats like to use Iowa as a layover on the way to California, right?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Obama has three modes:
1. Polite, almost fatherly
2. Trollbama
3. 1 and 2 combined

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

iospace posted:

Obama has three modes:
1. Polite, almost fatherly
2. Trollbama
3. 1 and 2 combined

Trollbama gonna leave a fake Kenyan birth certificate in the drawer before he leaves.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/798267053291479040

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

to resurrect the dnc email convo from a few pages ago, the most salient thing for me was not the confirmation of already suspected stuff (scale-tipping, etc.), but the way in which staffers were discussing garbage from politico, nyt, etc. not just in terms of how messaging was going, but as actual independent political insight. at the time it just seemed like bizarre ouroboros clueless bubble staffer poo poo, but in retrospect it probably reflects the strategy culture that led to ignoring critical demos and messaging

all that to say even a left-turning dnc needs an influential, critical media base to break these messaging-feedback loops and the current behemoths (wapo, nyt) aint it

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

lmbo

https://twitter.com/vs_cointelpro/status/798268837007224833

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

In the Netflix documentary 13th (very good btw), I though Newt Gingrich came off as more concerned about the subject of mass incarceration then Corey Booker did.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

It's interesting because the Clinton machine had a lot of overlap with Obama's past campaigns personal wise. Wouldn't be surprised if this wakes a few people up.

Zikan posted:

you know that phenomena where moronic studios/publishers spend twice as much money on advertisement as they spent on the game/film?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Zikan posted:

Nepotism and celebrities probably, who the gently caress knows

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

I'm the 14 likes

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I am unfamiliar with this Twitter account but based on this screenshot I'm gonna guess they're big-money Wall-street types hiding behind a thin veneer of white feminism, am I warm?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mister Fister posted:

Trollbama gonna leave a fake Kenyan birth certificate in the drawer before he leaves.

It better be that one that shows up here periodically :3:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

also I missed the part of Obama's press conference where he dumped on the campaign, can someone sum up what he said exactly?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

GlyphGryph posted:

Nepotism and celebrities probably, who the gently caress knows

Boy i hope celebrities didn't actually get paid for this poo poo, that makes me even more mad.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Meanwhile, with rural Democrats...

(The Daily Yonder is a decent paper, even if I didn't have friends who work for it)

Good post.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

loquacius posted:

also I missed the part of Obama's press conference where he dumped on the campaign, can someone sum up what he said exactly?

A lot of talk about grass roots being needed.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Mister Fister posted:

Boy i hope celebrities didn't actually get paid for this poo poo, that makes me even more mad.

We know for a fact Katy Perry did.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
We have to SELL Hill. She's deeply unpopular.

*spends a fucktillion dollars on ads and marketing*

result: Hillary favorability +1. Trump favorability -48. Trump wins the Presidency

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mister Fister posted:

Joe runs back at the last minute to put it in a file marked "DON'T GIVE TO TRUMP" in big red letters

loquacius posted:

He was very explicit about the core issue facing the DNC is the divide between the leaders and the people and the need for grassroots work if we're ever gonna win again

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

loquacius posted:

Mostly just that you can't ignore huge parts of the country and talked about how he spent over 80 days in Iowa in 2008 and won a bunch of counties that went to Trump this time around. Also focusing on grassroots instead of just the top.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Seriously though ask about DAPL instead of this navel gazing poo poo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Venom Snake posted:

We have to SELL Hill. She's deeply unpopular.

*spends a fucktillion dollars on ads and marketing*

result: Hillary favorability +1. Trump favorability -48. Trump wins the Presidency

I admit to being 100% cobbed, I thought this would be the delivering factor. I really and truly thought that Trump having nearly half the country see him as a scumbag would be the safeguard against him winning.

I have been stumped.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zythrst posted:

Seriously though ask about DAPL instead of this navel gazing poo poo.

this is gonna be the focus for at least another week. Sorry. The combo of journalist/pollsters getting absolutely owned and the DNC reshuffling means this will dominate the minds of the people who would ask these questions and answer them.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Mister Fister posted:

From what we know so far it looks like they spent more on celebrities than they did on hispanic outreach.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

He was very explicit about the core issue facing the DNC is the divide between the leaders and the people and the need for grassroots work if we're ever gonna win again

I legitimately wonder if Obama knew they were ignoring the rust belt as much as they were or if he just assumed they were largely doing what his own campaigns did, since obviously he's the loving president may or may not have had time to look at what they were actually doing.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

He's a Gregarious person!

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.
BTW, if anyone has any demands to make of the DNC (for example, Donna Brazile's resignation, interim chair or not), their phone # is 202-863-8000. Expect to leave a message.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

MrCussMustard posted:

BTW, if anyone has any demands to make of the DNC (for example, Donna Brazile's resignation, interim chair or not), their phone # is 202-863-8000. Expect to leave a message.

And if you do, maybe consider making a more constructive demand than the resignation of someone who's going to be stepping down shortly anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

It's going to turn out he's a robot built to serve Trump, that's why there was no birth certificate. We should have seen this coming.

• Locked thread