Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I really though we'd have Gingrich but if he selects John Bolton holy poo poo.

John Bolt posted:

"The Secretariat building in New York has 38 stories," Bolton said. "If it lost ten stories, it wouldn’t make a bit of difference."

"The point that I want to leave with you in this very brief presentation is where I started, is that there is no United Nations. There is an international community that occasionally can be led by the only real power left in the world, and that’s the United States, when it suits our interest, and when we can get others to go along. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/opinion/to-stop-irans-bomb-bomb-iran.html

"John Crazy Stache Bolton" posted:

To Stop Iran’s Bomb, Bomb Iran

The inescapable conclusion is that Iran will not negotiate away its nuclear program. Nor will sanctions block its building a broad and deep weapons infrastructure. The inconvenient truth is that only military action like Israel’s 1981 attack on Saddam Hussein’s Osirak reactor in Iraq or its 2007 destruction of a Syrian reactor, designed and built by North Korea, can accomplish what is required. Time is terribly short, but a strike can still succeed.

Rendering inoperable the Natanz and Fordow uranium-enrichment installations and the Arak heavy-water production facility and reactor would be priorities. So, too, would be the little-noticed but critical uranium-conversion facility at Isfahan. An attack need not destroy all of Iran’s nuclear infrastructure, but by breaking key links in the nuclear-fuel cycle, it could set back its program by three to five years. The United States could do a thorough job of destruction, but Israel alone can do what’s necessary. Such action should be combined with vigorous American support for Iran’s opposition, aimed at regime change in Tehran.

He is a K.R.A.Z.Y. person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

paranoid randroid posted:

you really take inordinate amounts of glee from the suffering of others, and thats well and truly hosed up

look we can get around to actual politics and real life crap once i've truly aired my grievances about being made fun of on the internet, truly the most important topic of our times

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Why, let's bomb the only place in the Middle East that we aren't at war with. That'd help.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

haveblue posted:

The post-media world isn't doing so hot either- stories are circulating that Facebook had a solution ready to crack down on bullshit stories in the news feed, but hesitated to pull the trigger because it would have disproportionately hit right-wing pages.

So are liberals going to flip on net neutrality now that the lack of media gatekeepers determining everything people see has temporarily inconvenienced them

I don't imagine anyone really believes Facebook is going to start employing an armada of fact-checkers so what's the idea here

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Hollismason posted:

I really though we'd have Gingrich but if he selects John Bolton holy poo poo.

He is a K.R.A.Z.Y. person

*whistles*

:rip: American foreign policy. Somewhere the Iron Rose weeps.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

boner confessor posted:

i agree the guy who soundly lost the primary wouldn't have lost the general. wait no, i dont agree, that's pretty stupid actually

Don't sign your posts.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

So are liberals going to flip on net neutrality now that the lack of media gatekeepers determining everything people see has temporarily inconvenienced them

That's not what Net Neutrality means. Net Neutrality specifically refers to preventing ISPs themselves from controlling your ability to browse and throttling sites that didn't bribe them enough. Facebook cracking down on bullshit lies that just happens to "disproportionately" affect Right Wing Media sites (can't imagine why :v: ) has nothing to do with Net Neutrality.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

Net neutrality isn't anything to do with Facebook controlling trending topics. It's not about the net being "neutral." It's about ISPs not favouring one type of traffic over another - for instance throttling Netflix because Amazon Prime paid them more.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

boner confessor posted:

i agree the guy who soundly lost the primary wouldn't have lost the general. wait no, i dont agree, that's pretty stupid actually

Almost as stupid as the most qualified candidate in history losing to Donald Trump.

Almost, but not quite.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
vermin supreme would have won in a crushing landslide and you all know it you cowardly little bitches

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

You are conflating two issues that have nothing to do with each other.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Radbot posted:

No, I supported Bernie who wouldn't have lost, like your candidate did. Your candidate losing is going to make a lot of people suffer.

nah from one Sanders supporter to another you should probably shut the gently caress up because youre a goddamn pimple on face of the movement

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Reminder:

- Thinks that Russia has a "death grip" on natural resource wealth and that we need to provoke them into conflict in order to "justifiably implement regime change in self-defense and for the greater world order."

He will be our next Secretary of State.

Now im actually hoping Putin does control our next president

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Bolton was also I think involved in Iran Contra in some way or connected to it through like I think trying to halt the investigation.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

nah from one Sanders supporter to another you should probably shut the gently caress up because youre a goddamn pimple on face of the movement

Turn your monitor on.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Maybe they are just floating Bolton to make Giuliani more palatable. Amazing that in 2016 that evil gently caress is still in public life.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

boner confessor posted:

look we can get around to actual politics and real life crap once i've truly aired my grievances about being made fun of on the internet, truly the most important topic of our times

No, the point is that your political intransigence has condemned Americans to a lack of medical care, and Iranians to a possible genocide. Is that real life enough for you?

Nah your time to tell people to shut up passed about a week ago, you don't know a goddamned thing.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
like you ever try to go out to a bar but that one friend of yours comes along and every time you try to talk to someone he starts cackling like "REE HEE HEE IM GLAD OF THE SUFFERING CAUSED BY YOUR SHRILL BITCH FAILURE OF A CANDIDATE" completely apropos of nothing? yeah thats radbot

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

blue squares posted:

Now im actually hoping Putin does control our next president

Exactly how tight are Russia and Iran? I know that they have converging interests in Syria, but would Russia really care if we bombed them?

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016

I don't imagine anyone really believes Facebook is going to start employing an armada of fact-checkers so what's the idea here

Net neutrality really only applies to ISPs. Websites have always had the discretion to determine the content they display. E.g., this website. The facebook filter would really be no different.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

i dunno i think "insufferably smug and posessing a deep desire to relitigate pointless culture wars" is pretty well indicative of self identified progressives under age 25

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

They used to, they got replaced with machines after being accused of liberal bias.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Maybe they're just getting Bolton because they want to have good orgies.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

like you ever try to go out to a bar but that one friend of yours comes along and every time you try to talk to someone he starts cackling like "REE HEE HEE IM GLAD OF THE SUFFERING CAUSED BY YOUR SHRILL BITCH FAILURE OF A CANDIDATE" completely apropos of nothing? yeah thats radbot

Who said I was glad about it? I'm really, really sad about the suffering that choosing Clinton caused. We're less than a week out from your utter failure and you expect everyone just to pack it in - after months of impotent gloating, even!

boner confessor posted:

i dunno i think "insufferably smug and posessing a deep desire to relitigate pointless culture wars" is pretty well indicative of self identified progressives under age 25

AHAHAHAH yeah it's the *Sanders* supporters that want to engage in culture war crap, that's a good one.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
wrong thread

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Radbot posted:

Nah your time to tell people to shut up passed about a week ago, you don't know a goddamned thing.

im sorry could you rephrase that in the form of ghoulish gloating over the pain of others? that seems to be more your metier

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
So, we're going to war with Iran, going bankrupt, and a second holocaust is likely. Wow, we really hosed up. Like, bad.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

deathbysnusnu posted:

Exactly how tight are Russia and Iran? I know that they have converging interests in Syria, but would Russia really care if we bombed them?

yes. everyone would care

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Radbot posted:

Who said I was glad about it? I'm really, really sad about the suffering that choosing Clinton caused. We're less than a week out from your utter failure and you expect everyone just to pack it in - after months of impotent gloating, even!

see youre literally incapable of not doing this poo poo. its remarkable.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

deathbysnusnu posted:

Do they offer Russia a warm water port on the Mediterranean or a Slavic population to lord over?

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

im sorry could you rephrase that in the form of ghoulish gloating over the pain of others? that seems to be more your metier

You mean the pain of others caused by a Trump presidency? There's one party responsible for that: Clinton and her supporters. Nobody here is gloating about that, despite your perverse desire for that to be so.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
look if i can't attempt to guilt trip my posting enemies with jabs at the encroaching rollback of LGBT rights then what was the point of withholding my vote in the first place

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

boner confessor posted:

look if i can't attempt to guilt trip my posting enemies with jabs at the encroaching rollback of LGBT rights then what was the point of withholding my vote in the first place

I don't know, who said they withheld their vote

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I for one hope this is but the faintest vanguard of Obama Unchained in the years to come.

And I typed "eight years" but decided to have hope for humanity.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Radbot posted:

You mean the pain of others caused by a Trump presidency? There's one party responsible for that: Clinton and her supporters. Nobody here is gloating about that, despite your perverse desire for that to be so.

exhibit b

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

Radbot posted:

You mean the pain of others caused by a Trump presidency? There's one party responsible for that: Clinton and her supporters.

Why is everyone blaming Clinton and her voters for losing? Seems a bit backwards. I'm blaming Trump and those who voted for him. Not Clinton, Stein or Johnson voters.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

boner confessor posted:

Populist loses in primary run by Neoliberals to a Neoliberal candidate.
Neoliberal loses in general election to Sentient Bag of Cheetos because he pretended to give a poo poo about working class America for three weeks.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
it is with a heavy heart that i firmly, thoroughly click DISLIKE on hillary clinton and her corrupt, vapid campaign. you made me do this. you made me do my duty. god help us all

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

BarbarianElephant posted:

Why is everyone blaming Clinton and her voters for losing? Seems a bit backwards. I'm blaming Trump and those who voted for him. Not Clinton, Stein or Johnson voters.

because hes a loving ghoul who cant help himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

BarbarianElephant posted:

Have you seen how many people Clinton turned out, or the way Ohio and WI voted for Obama?

• Locked thread