Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

bloodychill posted:

It's cool that DQB is doing well. It's a really good game.

Between DQB on my PS4 and DQ7 on my 3DS, I am in DQ heaven right now. Hearing the old school DQ theme music while walking around in Builders hits me deep down to my days of playing DW on the NES. It even gets stuck in my wife's head and she hum's and whistles it around the house (she doesn't play video games outside of Mario Party or Mario Kart every once in a blue moon).

I couldn't ever really get into Minecraft, but I am down with DQB. Its great for 20 minute bursts between my hectic schedule and my daughter asking to watch Frozen on the TV for the millionth time as soon as I start up a game. I should really see how remote play handles on the Vita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Lemon-Lime posted:

Persona 3 is good, but make sure to play Portable and pick the female MC.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

Persona 3 is good, but make sure to play Portable and pick the female MC.

I bought p3p after finishing p4 but haven't played yet. What's the difference between the male and female MC wrt the actual gameplay?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

I bought p3p after finishing p4 but haven't played yet. What's the difference between the male and female MC wrt the actual gameplay?
Gameplay-wise there's barely any, but it isn't just 'the protagonist has a few different lines/is a girl,' you get social links with the whole party instead of just the female party members. Also the music is better.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

History Comes Inside! posted:

She has a different weapon, different soundtrack, different social links, different conversation options ("Women's intuition" :swoon:), different romances.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

Gameplay-wise there's barely any, but it isn't just 'the protagonist has a few different lines/is a girl,' you get social links with the whole party instead of just the female party members. Also the music is better.

its worth pointing out that lots of (all?) the femc social links are different from the dude, not just party members, and are generally better written then the male equivalents

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

its worth pointing out that lots of (all?) the femc social links are different from the dude, not just party members, and are generally better written then the male equivalents
depends what you define as 'different.' stuff like the monk s. link just has a couple of lines where he says 'a girl like you shouldn't be hanging out with an old fart like me' or whatever. And i don't think Tanaka says anything at all.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Last call for Vitas at Target. $60

https://twitter.com/GUN8LADE/status/797917174589374464

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-19-1000

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Oof 4% in stock rate. Nothing in my state.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Closest one to me in stock is about an hour away... not sure it is worth the trouble. It is only 16 miles, so maybe after the traffic dies down it will be closer to 30 min. Oh well, I'd just get it and sit on it in case my current Vita stops working... I'll just let a scalper have it and do their thing on eBay.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 14, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

poo poo. There has been one in the case by me forever but of course they kept it at full price and I never find out about these things

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
It's like...Vitas sell when they go on sale? Shame Sony never figured this out before. I had been waiting for that since the drat things came out, but I never saw one less than $200 (someone got me a used one a little while back though).

Also I've been playing more Soul Sacrifice Delta lately - despite beating the game, I find something about it so...off-putting? Not quite that, but the story structure, equipment list, world design, is so alien compared to everything else that it's jarring.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Morpheus posted:

It's like...Vitas sell when they go on sale? Shame Sony never figured this out before. I had been waiting for that since the drat things came out, but I never saw one less than $200 (someone got me a used one a little while back though).

Also I've been playing more Soul Sacrifice Delta lately - despite beating the game, I find something about it so...off-putting? Not quite that, but the story structure, equipment list, world design, is so alien compared to everything else that it's jarring.

That's why I love it so much

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Morpheus posted:

Playstation Vita sales since launch:
Holiday 2012 - $200 4GB Memory Card and Black Ops/Assassin's creed Black Friday special ($250 Vita, $30 4GB memory, $40 game.)
Most of 2013 - $120-$150 Random websites with stacks of refurbished $300 ATT 3G models.
Most of 2013 - $200 3G models with 2 games free on clearance at AT&T stores and Sony stores
Holiday 2013 - $200 for all remaining 1000 model stock (including bundles) with a cheaper 2000 model coming.
2014 - $200 Borderlands bundle with 8GB card ($30 MSRP)
2015 - $169 Amazon/Gamestop
2015 - PSTV $20-$50 depending on options and store

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku is coming overseas this Spring 2017 for PC/PS4/Vita.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OxW0fjLXsQ

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
How far into the future do you see new games coming out for it.

I mean I got it knowing it was on its last legs and I've got a lot to play on it, I'm just kinda curious.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Vita has actually done fairly well in Japan, and smallish developers in Japan love to cling to a dead system (There were still PSP games coming out in like 2014) so I'd say at least another couple years. Whether or not those games get translated is another matter, but since digital distribution on the Vita is pretty easy I'd assume at least some of them will.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
As long as you're not on a PSTV there's going to be a steady stream quite possibly until 2018. There's enough announced next year that the Japanese to English translation process wouldn't finish until then if everything just stopped.

The store is so tightly integraded with the PS3 store though that they might pull it whenever that is no longer profitable.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I really am curious if there is anything portable Playstation hardware planned by Sony or if they're just going to not bother. I still use remote play on PS4 with it pretty often, it'd be weird if they just let that feature die.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

bloodychill posted:

I really am curious if there is anything portable Playstation hardware planned by Sony or if they're just going to not bother. I still use remote play on PS4 with it pretty often, it'd be weird if they just let that feature die.

There won't be

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sony branded phones and tablets have a Remote Play app built in.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
None in stock for me in a 22 mile radius or for a county over. Looks like my VitaTV is going to remain a PSX/PSP emulator not on the go. drat.

Also I can't download any games until I upgrade from FW 3.60 because the store blocks me.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

And yet...the memory cards still won't go down in price!

Even with having a vita already, I was tempted to pick up another Vita but I couldn't tell you why felt this way.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

bloodychill posted:

Outside of phones I really doubt it. Sony look at the Vita as a gigantic failure, even though most of the blame can be placed squarely on Sony for never bothering to even market the drat thing.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Andrigaar posted:

Also I can't download any games until I upgrade from FW 3.60 because the store blocks me.
Pretty sure you can get to the store after you put henkaku on it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They put up a 3.63 update to break that.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

ImpactVector posted:

Pretty sure you can get to the store after you put henkaku on it.

Whoa, that easy? Installing now and hoping nothing goes funny. The console itself already downloaded the firmware update, but has -NOT- installed 3.61 or whatever is queued.

E: Oh... darn.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What are you all going to do when you're standing outside the gates to heaven and jesus asks why you pirated all those video games

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Dehry posted:

Ah, bummer. I haven't touched my Vita in a while except for messing around with remote play.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Dehry posted:

As long as you're not on a PSTV there's going to be a steady stream quite possibly until 2018. There's enough announced next year that the Japanese to English translation process wouldn't finish until then if everything just stopped.

The store is so tightly integraded with the PS3 store though that they might pull it whenever that is no longer profitable.

Yeah, I can't see the games stopping much before 2018, largely because that's when I expect most of the Japanese Vita support to conclude, and switch platforms to the, uh, Switch. Then, there would be some time for localisation work, which means I wouldn't be too surprised if we still get Vita games semi-regularly in 2019 as well.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Dehry posted:

As far as the store goes, I was just able to sign in and download Vagrant Story after I installed Henkaku.

I'm now running "3.60 ([kanjistuff]-6" if that makes any difference. Which it probably doesn't.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Outside of phones I really doubt it. Sony look at the Vita as a gigantic failure, even though most of the blame can be placed squarely on Sony for never bothering to even market the drat thing.

The Vita is a study in "how to make and sell a thing the wrong way and then be surprised by its failure." The fact that it's done well at all is a testament to how much people still like handheld gaming.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAQnxSz-MFQ

This is the man at the helm for the viable lifetime of the Vita.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Dehry posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAQnxSz-MFQ

This is the man at the helm for the viable lifetime of the Vita.
Well, Jack's not wrong. Sony did do a good job of killing the Vita from the get-go, but mobile gaming undoubtedly played a significant role as well.

Then again, I never was into mobile games, myself, but I still wrote off the Vita from the start—and it was the proprietary memory that made it a non-starter for me. Such a painfully shortsighted design decision.

I eventually did end up getting one to try out RemotePlay, but by then, my one secondhand hardware sale had zero effect on the Vita's market position.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Endorph posted:

The Vita has actually done fairly well in Japan, and smallish developers in Japan love to cling to a dead system (There were still PSP games coming out in like 2014) so I'd say at least another couple years. Whether or not those games get translated is another matter, but since digital distribution on the Vita is pretty easy I'd assume at least some of them will.

Kinda figured that. Glad to see niche titles coming out over here. Having missed the ps1 and psp entirely there's a bunch that I'm enjoying there to.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

MisterAlex posted:

Well, Jack's not wrong. Sony did do a good job of killing the Vita from the get-go, but mobile gaming undoubtedly played a significant role as well.

Then again, I never was into mobile games, myself, but I still wrote off the Vita from the start—and it was the proprietary memory that made it a non-starter for me. Such a painfully shortsighted design decision.

I eventually did end up getting one to try out RemotePlay, but by then, my one secondhand hardware sale had zero effect on the Vita's market position.

You also missed out on the bizarre inclusion of 3G support that didn't work with multiplayer and people questioned the moment it was announced.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

bloodychill posted:

You also missed out on the bizarre inclusion of 3G support that didn't work with multiplayer and people questioned the moment it was announced.

I didn't give an exhaustive list, and those weren't the only two problems on Sony's end. :v:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
For all the Miku fans in this thread.

Fuuuuuutuuuure toooooonneeeeee

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

For all the Miku fans in this thread.

Fuuuuuutuuuure toooooonneeeeee

This Tuesday surprise is much cooler than last week's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Whole thing for $54? God bless you anime.