Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

you know I never really gave it much thought until now but Trump has such low self esteem that he has to keep holding rallies to validate himself

despite being loving president

:pusheen:

One of the hottest takes of the thread imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We've hit scandal fatigue two months from the inauguration lol

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Beet Wagon posted:

Exciting times to live close enough to an Air Force base to be in the blast radius, lemme tell you what!

Also, I had to skim the last couple pages because homework, has anyone already gone full-on Godwin yet and said "Hey you know what other political leader kept having rallies after he took power?" suggestively? Because if not I'd like to be the first.

lol in all my pondering about how my odds of getting curbestomprfd by a trumpstaffel would go, i had not considered yet how close I live to a military base :wth:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Beet Wagon posted:

Exciting times to live close enough to an Air Force base to be in the blast radius, lemme tell you what!

Also, I had to skim the last couple pages because homework, has anyone already gone full-on Godwin yet and said "Hey you know what other political leader kept having rallies after he took power?" suggestively? Because if not I'd like to be the first.
Where is the poorly/not at all sourced liberal meme-machine pushback? If Obama was a secret gay Kenyan Muslim who also married a trans lady (for some reason???) and then kidnapped his children (again, for some reason???), why aren't we collecting all the incesty pictures of Don and Ivanka, and pointing arrows at his crotch saying he's aroused?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

crazy cloud posted:

lol in all my pondering about how my odds of getting curbestomprfd by a trumpstaffel would go, i had not considered yet how close I live to a military base :wth:

I'm like 15 miles from ft. benning. That nuke map thing was startling.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Consummate Professional posted:

I live in between Peterson and the academy. On one hand I like to be alive, on the other cadets

Hmm, tough call. You honestly might just have to take one for the team, commando.

Nichael posted:

Where is the poorly/not at all sourced liberal meme-machine pushback? If Obama was a secret gay Kenyan Muslim who also married a trans lady (for some reason???) and then kidnapped his children (again, for some reason???), why aren't we collecting all the incesty pictures of Don and Ivanka, and pointing arrows at his crotch saying he's aroused?

I was gonna shop up a "Why can't I hold all these washington insiders" meme but tbh I'm lazy and have trig homework to do. And I'm lazy.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

crazy cloud posted:

added to stuffmillenialswhohaveonlyfictionalreferencestosuffering.txt but also lol cuz somehow that's a new one despite how easy and completely accurate it is

im mildly upset that you dont keep it in the ~crazy cloud~

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Nichael posted:

The liberal version was Hillary taking granny pot shots during the debates. The left is just not good at that poo poo.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

euphronius posted:

i mean that's how he ran his campaign. just keep hitting us with poo poo until it's normalized. bing bing bong

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Holy poo poo. He doesn't even seem the least bit out of place.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

crazy cloud posted:

I live close enough I won't even get the chance to go all Red Dawn when the purges start. But then again I mean it's an Air Force base, so who knows.

I'm definitely not surviving the nuclear rain though :smith:

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
What would it take for the military/intelligence services to coup Trump? We know the FBI supports Trump, but I hear the CIA and NSA were apoplectic when Trump got chosen?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

RIGGED RIGGGGGGED ITS RIGGGGED WHEN HE LOSES YOULL KNOW WHY ITS ALL RIGGGG-oh wait, he won? Turns out it wasn't rigged. oh poo poo oh poo poo uhhhh......RIGGGGED RIIGGGGGGED WHEN THE WORLD ECONOMY COLLAPSES YOULL ALL KNOW WHY ITS THE GLOBALISTS RIGGGGEEDD

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

skylined! posted:

I'm like 15 miles from ft. benning. That nuke map thing was startling.

move closer so you die immediately from the nuke blast

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

euphronius posted:

Bail Satan

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Vladimir Putin posted:

His policy shop disbanded because he didn't pay them. For real. Not making this up.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I guess we can hope for some gopers in the senate who wouldn't survive a trump purge caucus with the dems

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

euphronius posted:

I don't know if it will play out like the election because we got to the point where we (and the media and Hillary) assumed that Trump was going to lose so we didn't really have to get outraged at every scandal. Now he is on the stage alone. People who didn't know what Breitbart was last week are sharing articles about Bannon's antisemitism. He isn't going to get any better, only worse. It will be interesting to see how far buyer's remorse goes in the next nine weeks.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

iospace posted:

So it seems the shock has worn off and now we're back to our old ways.

Jail Satan

thank god

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

euphronius posted:

I guess we can hope for some gopers in the senate who wouldn't survive a trump purge caucus with the dems

Counter point: Joe lieberman

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

euphronius posted:

Hmm a sitting president holding fascist rallies nowhere near an election

Sounds great

bernie promised to do the same thing. keeping his political movement alive after taking office was one of his promises, he faulted obama for ending his movement and killing a lot of momentum his election came with. unfortunately trump is going to do the same thing but for fascist evil purposes

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

iospace posted:

So it seems the shock has worn off and now we're back to our old ways.

Jail Satan

when you're told that you likely have less than 4 years to live, sometimes all you can do is laugh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I don't know if it will play out like the election because we got to the point where we (and the media and Hillary) assumed that Trump was going to lose so we didn't really have to get outraged at every scandal. Now he is on the stage alone. People who didn't know what Breitbart was last week are sharing articles about Bannon's antisemitism. He isn't going to get any better, only worse. It will be interesting to see how far buyer's remorse goes in the next nine weeks.

He also can't deflect anymore. There is no scary vagenda

Now a real authoritarian in these cases create international crises to unite the homefront and squelch dissent

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

I live close enough I won't even get the chance to go all Red Dawn when the purges start. But then again I mean it's an Air Force base, so who knows.

The Russian stuff could be enough. If he really is wanting to make us a puppet state of Russia, or anything resembling that, they aren't going to play ball. It also helps a lot that he keeps saying that generals are dumb so the military probably won't be enthusiastically cooperative. And I'm skeptical about how much of the FBI is actually on Trump's side.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

euphronius posted:

He said a Republican senator's wife was ugly and that the man's dad killed a president. That senator backs him. He released the personal cell phone number of a Republican senator. There were no repercussions. He called another Republican senator a failure for being a prisoner of war. That senator backed him throughout most of the campaign. The GOP has no backbone.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Beet Wagon posted:

I am not sure but iirc the base a little ways from me has nuclear submarines :wth:

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
you guys realize it's not normal for satisfaction with the election to be at 32% and the second trump one there were riots. people are not okay with what is happening.

i literally wasted months of my life, which is a mess by the way, on this garbage and I'm more optimistic

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

I don't even know what this means.

Venom Snake posted:

you guys realize it's not normal for satisfaction with the election to be at 32% and the second trump one there were riots. people are not okay with what is happening.

i literally wasted months of my life, which is a mess by the way, on this garbage and I'm more optimistic

Listen, you're a good guy, and I admire your optimism. But I feel like you're completely wrong despite me wanting you to be right. People will not give a gently caress about anything. At all. Ever. Nothing matters, and we need to understand that and harness that.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:laffo:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

loving peak trump supporter if true

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/Miranda_July/status/798317109088399362

Hoooo boy gonna get run over my minutes this month.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

*wipes nose* that's good poo poo

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Trump is so bad that he made the dem thread good

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

skylined! posted:

https://twitter.com/Miranda_July/status/798317109088399362

Hoooo boy gonna get run over my minutes this month.
Maybe it would've been a good idea for people to get outraged about Bannon in god drat August, when it was reported he literally didn't want his children to even go to school with Jews? And then maybe vote based on that loving information? Jesus, what does it matter now if he's officially in the administration or not. The work is done and Bannon won.

And just to be clear, I'll probably still call my congress people. But this outrage is way too late.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

i need more of this.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

January 20th becoming Kent State 2: Kent Harder might make things matter quite a bit.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

didn't dear leader say to stop it

https://twitter.com/TheLantern/status/798304005113921540

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Fidel Castronaut posted:

January 20th becoming Kent State 2: Kent Harder might make things matter quite a bit.

Nope. Nothing matters. Even if things go completely off the rails and awful, he will blame the media, Obama, or the (((media))).

• Locked thread