Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
So another Squad Tournament this weekend?

I just realized that means we're probably not going to get a credit heist.

gently caress you, Devs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
IGD, there's talk we might feed ourselves to the heroic tank raid after this t6 run. I really only have 2 good teams I can field (Wiggs rebels & droids). I'm not sure how we should organize this, but I guess we should assign certain people to certain phases and see how far that gets us? And certain teams to certain phases (such as don't blow Wiggs on phase 1).

Also, the t6 tank raid has just a couple hours left before reset and half the guild hasn't done any damage. Let's try to do well this attempt so we can get destroyed in t7.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

IGD, there's talk we might feed ourselves to the heroic tank raid after this t6 run. I really only have 2 good teams I can field (Wiggs rebels & droids). I'm not sure how we should organize this, but I guess we should assign certain people to certain phases and see how far that gets us? And certain teams to certain phases (such as don't blow Wiggs on phase 1).

Also, the t6 tank raid has just a couple hours left before reset and half the guild hasn't done any damage. Let's try to do well this attempt so we can get destroyed in t7.

I know that earlier I was saying it's not a bad idea to do this, but at this point, I would say hold off. You ned an average of 3 raid capable teams per person across the whole guild. This means G9 (but preferably g10). With an average of 3 teams per person, here is what you want to aim for:

P1: Jedi (Aayla or JKA lead)
Teebo, Phasma, etc (p1 rancor, needs high potency mods)

P2: Droids (HK lead, 88, 86, JE, +1)
Jawas: 88 or Nebit L, JE, Scav, Dathcha, Jawa

P3: Chirpatine, STH, tanks.
OB lead Ugnaught +3

P4: kitchen sink. JKA lead jedi does really well.

With 50 people, you need to average 4 teams per person that can deal 2% per run. Above I said 3 teams per person because you will likely be able to do 3-4% if you have 3 of the teams I listed above.

Good luck!

e: If you missed it on the last page, I heard a rumor we might be getting some kind of doyble GW rewards today. If you haven't done Sunday's GW, hold off for a bit, and don't start Monday's GW right away. I am also holding off on energy refreshes just to be safe.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Nov 14, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

I know that earlier I was saying it's not a bad idea to do this, but at this point, I would say hold off. You ned an average of 3 raid capable teams per person across the whole guild. This means G9 (but preferably g10).

I'm top 3 for the tank raid, so yeah we are definitely not ready. I'm going to keep working hard on those other teams, it just feels so slow :(

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I have all the Jedi at max gear and I do like 200-300k in p1 which seems rather low for heroic. Guess it's cause of the lovely mods.

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
Can someone add me to a guild please my account name is Drashin and my ally code is 295-234-633 I don't care what guild.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Drashin posted:

Can someone add me to a guild please my account name is Drashin and my ally code is 295-234-633 I don't care what guild.

Go to the spreadsheet linked in the OP and friend someone from QGJ. Once they've accepted you as a friend, you can apply to their guild.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

I have all the Jedi at max gear and I do like 200-300k in p1 which seems rather low for heroic. Guess it's cause of the lovely mods.

I think the highest P1 hit I've seen is like 500k, so 200-300 is actually really good. 80k is about 2%, which is the target goal (50*2%*4 = win).

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Chilichimp posted:

Go to the spreadsheet linked in the OP and friend someone from QGJ. Once they've accepted you as a friend, you can apply to their guild.

The list is outdated as gently caress and I think they need to be an officer to invite people. Its probably best to just throw your ally code in here and we'll get an officer to sort you an invite until we've fixed the spreadsheet. Infact maybe we should just change the OP to say "post your ally code and level in here for an invite" as the spreadsheet thing is way out of date and requires regular maintenance and ballache and I don't think anyone can be bothered to sit down for a few hours and go through it all.

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 14, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ahdinko posted:

The list is outdated as gently caress and I think they need to be an officer to invite people. Its probably best to just throw your ally code in here and we'll get an officer to sort you an invite until we've fixed the spreadsheet. Infact maybe we should just change the OP to say "post your ally code and level in here for an invite" as the spreadsheet thing is way out of date and requires regular maintenance and ballache and I don't think anyone can be bothered to sit down for a few hours and go through it all.

Yeah, I've tried to post a few times that someone needs to work on the spreadsheet, but I think you're right. I used to keep the IGD things up when I was in it, but, then I left IGD, so, can't really help much there. I'll edit the OP.

Also, I'm going to try to get my level 53 alt into QGJ, but I joined a random guild that almost has T6 rancor done, so, I'm going to wait on that first for me free raid gear.

e: added some strikethrough text to the OP

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 14, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Update is live. TIE Fighter Pilot was added to cantina 4-B.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Ok, my alt is ready to join QGJ.
375-993-185

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Malgrin posted:

Ok, my alt is ready to join QGJ.
375-993-185

Done, welcome back!

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Dr. Venture posted:

Update is live. TIE Fighter Pilot was added to cantina 4-B.

The consensus that I've heard is that this guy is super strong, so just squeeze him in with your abundant free cantina fights.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

The consensus that I've heard is that this guy is super strong, so just squeeze him in with your abundant free cantina fights.

Yeah, I've stopped farming mods for this guy. That's with Aayla, B2, and of course mods on a list of very high priority. He's great at 2*, can't wait to see him at 6-7. I'm leaning towards EP, RG, Poe/STH, TFP, EE. That EE might just become Lando, but it's insurance against Wiggs.

The other teamcomp I want is EP (L) JKA, B2, STH/Poe/RG, EE. Have fun attacking anyone ever.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Is TIE Pilot worth it if you don't have EP?

Pyraen
Feb 20, 2009
Is anyone else having horrible stability issues? I can't start my game. At all. I wish this weren't a common thing.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

The other teamcomp I want is EP (L) JKA, B2, STH/Poe/RG, EE. Have fun attacking anyone ever.

Is that the one the guy in TI uses? I remember you mentioning it, and I like it because I haven't seen it on my shard yet.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Spakstik posted:

Is TIE Pilot worth it if you don't have EP?

Yes. He has one of the highest damage statistics in the game, and he applies all sorts of awesome debuffs. I would recommend getting Wiggs/Lando together first if you don't have Emperor, and then make sure your mods are in decent shape, then I'd go for him.

Dr. Venture posted:

Is that the one the guy in TI uses? I remember you mentioning it, and I like it because I haven't seen it on my shard yet.

Nah, the crazy TI one I've seen is EP, Shore, Sun Fac, EE, and another tank (Don't remember which one, B2, RG, STH, something like that).

I need to farm B2, but now that TFP is farmable, he's my priority. Looking at something more like EP, TFP, JKA, Poe, EE.

I've got the 6th item for Poe's G11, which I can put on him at 85, and that'll take him to 150 speed (and I'm at 7k/20k 84/85). If I'm doing my math right (I might not be), I'll be able to take him to 248 speed (I could probably up that to 252 but with worse mods).

I'll probably mod EP and EE for speed, and TFP and JKA for crit damage/%. Alternatively I might do 2x % 1x potency for TFP, critting is pretty important for him.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I just finished old Ben and I need some advice on what's more important right now:

Lando, Wedge, JKA, or TIE Pilot?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I just finished old Ben and I need some advice on what's more important right now:

How's your EP doing?

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Can you do the top scoundrel events? If not, then do Lando.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MichiganCubbie posted:

Can you do the top scoundrel events? If not, then do Lando.

Yeah, I do scoundrels without any real trouble.

Malgrin posted:

How's your EP doing?

I have a 4* EP, waiting for the next event to finish him up.

edit:

I kind of want to get ahead of the Meta so I'm leaning TIE Pilot... but JKA is necessary for so many raid comps, and he's not slouch in Arena either. I have basically no damagy Jedi right now (outside of QGJ, of course)

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, I do scoundrels without any real trouble.

I have a 4* EP, waiting for the next event to finish him up.

edit:

I kind of want to get ahead of the Meta so I'm leaning TIE Pilot... but JKA is necessary for so many raid comps, and he's not slouch in Arena either. I have basically no damagy Jedi right now (outside of QGJ, of course)

I'd lean towards JKA, but TFP is really tempting. I think he'll be meta-defining.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
So Bazer looks incredibly loving good, and I am tempted to buy him through shipments. I know it will take a long time, and I don't plan on spending any money, but I feel like it will eventually be worth it. Thoughts?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Dr. Venture posted:

So Bazer looks incredibly loving good, and I am tempted to buy him through shipments. I know it will take a long time, and I don't plan on spending any money, but I feel like it will eventually be worth it. Thoughts?

I had the same thought.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Should we still be saving our refreshes for some event, Mal? Looks like that rumor didn't happen, or at least hasn't happened yet.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

MichiganCubbie posted:

Should we still be saving our refreshes for some event, Mal? Looks like that rumor didn't happen, or at least hasn't happened yet.

I have a bad habit of using all my refreshes in the morning or even right after reset. This is a recipe for disaster when double drop patches hit because they come out later in the afternoon and I just end up getting screwed. I should probably change my playing habits, but I have no self-control.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

MichiganCubbie posted:

One year anniversary should be coming some time this month, no? Assuming they actually do something...

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MichiganCubbie posted:

There are a couple rumors from people that have generally been right about things (they have little birds). They aren't 100% on what or when, but that a) ships are coming very soon, b) we might get doubled rewards when that happens, and c) ships might involve GW shipments.

My guess is this will either be this Thursday or next Monday (no substantiation, based on how they've done things in the past).

I mean, my recommendation would be to hold off on using anything big (refreshes, GW, cantina energy, etc.) until after 1 or 2pm Pacific time, as that's when they usually roll things out. If you are patient enough to just always do yesterday's GW then, that would probably be smart too, but as long as you have the current day's GW available when (if) it happens, you'll at least not regret it.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 16, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm guessing Ships will be next week, after the Chirrut Imwe grind has thuroughly drained everyone of their GW token stores.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I'm sitting on nearly 50K GWbux, so I'll be able to buy a bunch of ships and then have no one to pilot them with.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
If only they could make GW something other than a hideously unfun hour long daily slog...

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

If only they could make GW something other than a hideously unfun hour long daily slog...

Huh, for me, it's usually a 20 minute unfun slog. I run Wiggs, Lando, EP, RG. I've also had a lot of success with EP, RG, Vader, Wiggs, or EP, RG, Lando, Wiggs, but, the extra 30% attack for Lando and Wiggs makes people die really, really fast. I also like running EP, Daka, RG, +2 DPS for tons of stun.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Jibo posted:

I have to say that finally getting Lando/Wiggs up & running has helped the GW slog a LOT for me. With those three, STH, and either Leia or Akbar depending on how DoT-heavy the enemy team is, I can auto up to the last few nodes instead of having to go manual about a third of the way through. And that's with Wedge only being 5*, and Biggs at GS8.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Droids + Nebit and Jawa Engineer are also really good for GW. I can clear the whole thing with them about 75 percent of the time, and for the remaining 25 percent I end up having to use another team to finish off the final node. Takes 20 minutes at most. Much preferable to the 40 minutes it'd take using my Ewok team.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Mr. Neutron posted:

One year anniversary should be coming some time this month, no? Assuming they actually do something...

24th November, also a Thursday so that ties in nicely with Malgrins assumptions about a Thursday

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ahdinko posted:

24th November, also a Thursday so that ties in nicely with Malgrins assumptions about a Thursday

The only reason I think this week could happen is because people are saying vague things. Given GW credits and tournament this weekend, next Monday or Thursday makes a lot more sense for ships release, and next Thursday in particular because of the anniversary thing.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
At the very least they will probably have some kind of Black Friday promotion. But I doubt we'll see a major update right as everyone leaves for a long weekend.

Maybe I'm just unlucky but it seems like every GW node after 5 is like PVP whale teams with some kind of terrible tank composition.

On a related note:

:911:

Jibo fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

The only reason I think this week could happen is because people are saying vague things. Given GW credits and tournament this weekend, next Monday or Thursday makes a lot more sense for ships release, and next Thursday in particular because of the anniversary thing.

Not even EA would release a major barely tested feature on Thanksgiving.