Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Hace posted:

joyboy

all the components combine... one piece...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Wicka, does it frustrate you to constantly try and fail to shut down all discussion? Like, why are you even here?

wicka posted:

my man you are one of the strangest people i have ever encountered

wicka posted:

if you literally can't understand the appeal of a wireless controller you are beyond help

wicka posted:

that's a pretty idiotic comparison fyi

wicka posted:

please stop writing so many words and just accept that comparing the success of ANY game on a last-gen console with that same game on a current-gen console is fundamentally absurd.

wicka posted:

i don't care. i really don't. you're just shifting the goalposts at this point because you said something stupid. the fact is that 360 and PS3s releases are utterly meaningless in this context, period.

wicka posted:

doesn't matter. irrelevant in every way. they're games that get dumped out to prop up last-gen consoles as low-cost options. cannot fathom why you thought it necessary to bring them up.

wicka posted:

look, i don't want to start another argument,

wicka posted:

lmao. have you ever held at a job at any kind of reasonable sized business? this just isn't how any of this works, and that's not up for debate. drop it.

wicka posted:

this isn't a debate, they are totally unrelated products

edit: whoops, another one slipped in while I was throwing this together.

wicka posted:

posts literally true things, gets ignored. such a good thread.

edit2: got another one, after he saw this post!

wicka posted:

in all seriousness, not a single thing i've said would be controversial to a person with the slightest amount of common sense, and yet they've all instigated pages of arguments with people who clearly just want to bitch and whine for no reason. it's absolute insanity.

TheScott2K fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 15, 2016

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i love etika

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Wicka, does it frustrate you to constantly try and fail to shut down all discussion? Like, why are you even here?

to talk about the nintendo switch within the confines of the objective reality in which we all live

amazing effort post btw, you are not mad at all

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

wicka posted:

to talk about the nintendo switch within the confines of the objective reality in which we all live

amazing effort post btw, you are not mad at all

On a desktop with two tabs it's really not much effort at all when you know how to use the forums.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

in all seriousness, not a single thing i've said would be controversial to a person with the slightest amount of common sense, and yet they've all instigated pages of arguments with people who clearly just want to bitch and whine for no reason. it's absolute insanity.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxbsV8QWGic

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
They say he can copy and paste forum quotes so fast it's like lightning. Fastest tab swapping you've ever seen, boy howdy.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I heard he can put quotes inside quotes so deep that it tunnels all the way through to the other side of the internet

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Hedrigall posted:

I heard he can put quotes inside quotes so deep that it tunnels all the way through to the other side of the internet

Does that blow your loving mind? It should.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

not to create an even bigger derail, but where do you people work? i guess this is kind of understandable if you work at very small companies and genuinely can't comprehend the way things work inside a corporation as large as nintendo

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

*burp*

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

[calmly locking doors] i work at uh. 573... Posting Street...

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

wicka posted:

not to create an even bigger derail, but where do you people work? i guess this is kind of understandable if you work at very small companies and genuinely can't comprehend the way things work inside a corporation as large as nintendo

No one can understand the inscrutable oriental.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

it's legit breaking my mind that people don't intuitively understand that a large company can create two entirely separate products and not have any overlap between the two

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Old timers round these parts still talk of the time he quoted someone's post.. before they posted it

Yessir, he's a hell of a quote poster. Nobody could argue that he don't know how to use the forums

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Delusibeta posted:

I can understand the desire to keep localisation testing back until the localisation is complete, but that's not going to prevent you from testing everything else, and then do some quick regression tests once the localisation is in.

Same distribution network. The NES Classic is an example of Nintendo of America's inability to get sufficient numbers of units in store shelves in time for launch, and there's little reason to think that these issues will be resolved in time for the Switch.

I 100% believe her info that the localization is arduous and won't be done until late December but the idea that the game wouldn't be able to come out three months from then is quite frankly ridiculous.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yo, Breath of the Wild ain't gonna be delayed.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

one time the second and third floors of nintendo both independently but simultaneously made super mario galaxy without the other knowing, like whaaaaaa haha. anyway they used the one with the ice flower

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

wicka posted:

Considering the number of computer janitors and STEMlords 'round these parts it's fair to assume most of us work for companies with near as many or more than Nintendo's 5,000 employees. I work for a company with 30,000 employees and the stupidity of our corporate culture does in fact manifest itself in similar ways on product lines that are less related than the NES Mini and the Nintendo's Witch. You haven't even considered the possibility that you're wrong, have you?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I hope they still release the amiibo in March even if it turns out the game won't come out until summertime.

Just put that one with the cool legs you can move on shelves.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Real nice slap fight my dudes. Just plain cool stuff. Keep it up.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Agreed. I get the feeling they waited to announce the console until they knew BotW was going to make its date.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I love reading Scott2K's posts massive red text.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Considering the number of computer janitors and STEMlords 'round these parts it's fair to assume most of us work for companies with near as many or more than Nintendo's 5,000 employees. I work for a company with 30,000 employees and the stupidity of our corporate culture does in fact manifest itself in similar ways on product lines that are less related than the NES Mini and the Nintendo's Witch. You haven't even considered the possibility that you're wrong, have you?

it's not right or wrong, it's just true. again, this isn't a debate. it's post after post, page after page, that won't change a reality you will eventually need to accept. jesus h gently caress

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

If people are arguing with you, it actually is a debate, no matter how many times you say "this isn't a debate."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

wicka posted:

it's not right or wrong, it's just true. again, this isn't a debate. it's post after post, page after page, that won't change a reality you will eventually need to accept. jesus h gently caress

Where do you work?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

If people are arguing with you, it actually is a debate, no matter how many times you say "this isn't a debate."

people were arguing with me about the footage in the switch trailer even though that, too, was not a debate, was not real footage, no matter how many times people wanted to complain and fret about it. these aren't debatable facts just because you're too childish to accept them and can't stop replying.

Cojawfee posted:

Where do you work?

here at the posts factory

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

wicka posted:

here at the posts factory

QA needs to step it up

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

all i ask is that you stop posting things that are provably and obviously untrue. i don't think that's a big ask.

wicka fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 15, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Figure out what a shift button is and maybe people will consider taking you seriously.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm a security guard

Who loves Nintendo.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Figure out what a shift button is and maybe people will consider taking you seriously.

this is embarrassingly petty

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

wicka posted:

this is embarrassingly petty

Why? We are talking about the Shift. You should know about its buttons.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Jeez, this thread, talk about Switching me off!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Nintendo Shift may have been a better name.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

they were worried that people would scratched out the f, and also make the t a p. for ship

minute
Jul 31, 2003

wicka posted:

it's legit breaking my mind that people don't intuitively understand that a large company can create two entirely separate products and not have any overlap between the two

It's blowing my mind that you can't seem to grasp the difference between a functional vs. product group organizational structure. Nintendo is organized functionally, btw.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheScott2K posted:

You said that the NES Mini didn't have enough units shipped for everyone who wanted to get one before Christmas, and people who couldn't get one for Christmas would decide just not to get one.

That's solved by the Switch launching in March instead of November.

Guy Goodbody fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

minute posted:

It's blowing my mind that you can't seem to grasp the difference between a functional vs. product group organizational structure. Nintendo is organized functionally, btw.

are you loving serious? can we really not drop this and move on to actual topics of conversation?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread