Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Frankenstyle posted:

Kinda. In one of the Blu ray commentaries Greg Nicotero mentions that they did a re-shoot of the dinner scene with the other characters from the first movie present, but the quick re-cap thing they were going for was getting too long so they dropped it. So yeah, it's more a timing thing than a continuity break.

The bookstore owner in season one episode three "The book was written by The Dark Ones, Neither Demons nor fully human..."

So a wizard, I gotcha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

That was an outright evil cliffhanger, god damnit!

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
How the hell did they make an episode so far removed stylistically from all the others, yet it's still goddamn great and fits in with the whole vibe of the show?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Well, that was something completely different, not bad though. On a different note, I would dig a Bruce Campbell's puppet show.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Episode reminded me of the Buffy episode Normal Again with a nice touch of the Angel episode Smile Time.

Which I'm perfectly fine with.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Medullah posted:

Episode reminded me of the Buffy episode Normal Again with a nice touch of the Angel episode Smile Time.

Ha. I told my wife that it had an Angel vibe while I was watching it. I had forgotten about that episode, apparently not subconsciously though. Good call.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Great, great episode. Love seeing the madness Baal subjects his victims to, and Puppet Ash was awesome. Can't wait for the moment when Ash turns it around on Baal.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

Yep. Totally perfect.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ash should always have an Ash puppet on his hand when he doesn't need the chainsaw.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
"Shut the gently caress up!"

"You shut the gently caress up!"

That was a brilliant exchange.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Ash putting a hand over the puppet's mouth while they were sneaking around was a great touch.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
"The only person who scrambles my brain, pal, is me! By doin' the fun stuff, like drinking glue and sniffing booze!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chet's alive! Chet's ali-

....nevermind....

Capilarean
Apr 10, 2009
I love how Ash had the whole scenario figured out pretty much instantly. He went from waking up in a false reality to trying to murder its creator in like 5 seconds flat.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

I want one for Christmas :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Capilarean posted:

I love how Ash had the whole scenario figured out pretty much instantly. He went from waking up in a false reality to trying to murder its creator in like 5 seconds flat.

I loved how he was mocking Baal as well - "Ruby told me you would be really difficult to kill but this is easy!"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Has it already been mentioned that the guy playing Baal sounds like a near perfect Jeffrey Combs impersonator? Because he really was reminding me of Re-Animator Combs in particular this episode.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

It's totally obvious but I still wanted to point out how much Dana DeLorenzo owned as well. She's essentially played 3 different characters now and nailed it every time.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Well, if this episode has taught me anything, it's to pay closer attention to the song playing at the ending credits.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Man that was so good. I wasn't entirely sold on season one but this year has been absolutely brilliant.

None of my friends care about Evil Dead though. I can't be THAT old can I? :(

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Nah your friends are just poo poo. That's why you're here with us.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Awww you guys.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Spermanent Record posted:

You and I are in the same boat. It sucks having an awesome show and not knowing anyone to talk with about it.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Man that was so good. I wasn't entirely sold on season one but this year has been absolutely brilliant.

I've maybe seen an hour and a half total between all the old movies, and I love this series. You don't have to appreciate the old movies in order to enjoy the hell outta this show.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Drifter posted:

I've maybe seen an hour and a half total between all the old movies, and I love this series. You don't have to appreciate the old movies in order to enjoy the hell outta this show.

You should, though, because they are all-time greats.

Glad you enjoy the show still, I have a friend in the same boat.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

None of my friends care about Evil Dead though.

I've turned a bunch of friends on to the show with "Hey, remember Army of Darkness? Well...". A lot of people have no clue the show even exists.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Noice.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

I'll do you one better, my roommate actively hates the show

and fun in general, to be honest

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BreakAtmo posted:

It's totally obvious but I still wanted to point out how much Dana DeLorenzo owned as well. She's essentially played 3 different characters now and nailed it every time.

Yeah, crazy Kelly was loving terrifying and impressive.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

STAC Goat posted:

And even more beautiful! I COULD FIX HER.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
So, how long until Bruce is old enough to make a Bubba Ho-Tep television show?

I'm waiting.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RandallODim posted:

Has it already been mentioned that the guy playing Baal sounds like a near perfect Jeffrey Combs impersonator? Because he really was reminding me of Re-Animator Combs in particular this episode.

I still so, so loving want a Jeffry Combs cameo in season 3. Or a recurring part. gently caress, I don't care, just put him in. He's still as awesome as ever.

By the way, I have a somewhat ridiculous theory on how this season might end: I think Ruby is going to die terribly, followed rapidly by Pablo, Kelly and Linda to drive Ash over the edge, Baal claims total victory.. and then he is totally going to rip time a new rear end in a top hat and go back to the start of the season and stop everyone from getting ganked.

Yeah it's a terrible idea with zero evidence but gently caress if I'm not rolling with that as a possibility. If he actually succeeds at killing Pablo or Kelly then I'll think it has more merit. I am basing this off, partially, the fact they got the AOD rights and have used them very sparingly, which says Time Travel is on the menu.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Nov 16, 2016

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Amanda. :colbert:

Don't wanna make her mad.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Medullah posted:

And even more beautiful! I COULD FIX HER.

Just 10-12 showers, np.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I wasn't entirely sold on season one
Wash your loving mouth out.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007

tooterfish posted:

Wash your loving mouth out.

Nah it was fun and funny but, to me, it felt more like a tribute sketch show rather than a genuine continuation of the series.

I'd rather have it than not have it but season 2 has just blown it out of the water imo.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So who here is concerned for the third season given it's under a new show runner?

I mean granted I looked into the guy, and he is really into Evil Dead and has been working with the team on and off for decades, so it's not like I feel it's in bad hands. But I am worried you won't see quite the same level of batshit insanity we've been getting, either.

Nah it was fun and funny but, to me, it felt more like a tribute sketch show rather than a genuine continuation of the series.

I'd rather have it than not have it but season 2 has just blown it out of the water imo.

I loved season 1 but I have to admit season 2 has blown it the gently caress out of the water, too.

There was the slowdown at the shaman, the really failed characterization of Amanda, the lack of things we learned about Ruby.. it had problems. Problems that have largely been fixed and amped up in the second season.

So I'll give you this: Season 2 is definitely superior to Season 1, but I don't think you give some of the better Season 1 episodes enough credit.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Random question: Is there any reason at all to watch Stan Against Evil or is it literally the blatant rip-off it got marketed as?

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Blazing Ownager posted:

Yeah it's a terrible idea with zero evidence...

Luckily for you, these are the ideas Ash does best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I predict the season will end with Ruby dying because Lucy Lawless hates spending longer than a contractual year or two on any show it seems. 6 Years with Xena, 4 with Battlestar Galacitca, and 3 with Hercules. Everything else has been two years or shorter.

Ruby dies, Ash gets kidnapped/sent to hell or whatever, Pablo becomes the new Ash for next season. It won't be in line with traditional Evil Dead where all of Ash's friends die, but they've been pretty heavy with the hints that he's not going to let his friends die anymore.

• Locked thread