Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

Didn't Vegeta learn to go super saiyan 2? That's a huge power boost by itself.

He didn't hit ss2 until the majin powerup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Funky Valentine posted:

Future Trunks meets Main Trunks, they fuse into Trutrunksnks.

The actual name is EX Trunks, by the way.

Blockhouse posted:

He didn't hit ss2 until the majin powerup

That's a fan misunderstanding like SSB being weaker than God (while the series itself says otherwise). Vegeta absolutely did hit Super Saiyan 2 in-between the Cell and Buu arcs.

Meanwhile, Goku hit Super Saiyan 3. And you can say, sure, he got it because he had the advantage of being dead, but Heroes shows that Gohan would've gotten to 3 too if he had kept training with Piccolo. So Vegeta might just be bad. Then again, it's not like Super Saiyan 3 was ever useful to anyone, anyways.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I don't think using Heroes as proof of anything is a good idea. I mean, they gave SS4 to Gohan when he didn't even have a tail.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

That's a fan misunderstanding like SSB being weaker than God (while the series itself says otherwise). Vegeta absolutely did hit Super Saiyan 2 in-between the Cell and Buu arcs.

Meanwhile, Goku hit Super Saiyan 3. And you can say, sure, he got it because he had the advantage of being dead, but Heroes shows that Gohan would've gotten to 3 too if he had kept training with Piccolo. So Vegeta might just be bad. Then again, it's not like Super Saiyan 3 was ever useful to anyone, anyways.

SSJ2 isn't exactly the same as SSJ2 (and not just because Super took a much needed poo poo on power levels). Vegeta was weaker than SSJ2 Goku during Buu (thats why he went for the Majin upgrade in the first place) and he sorta implied that nobody got to Gohans level during the Cell games (which then was proven wrong by Goku flattening that light-sucking bug, but still, Vegeta was pretty weak on the Goku-scale of things)

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Momomo posted:

I don't think using Heroes as proof of anything is a good idea. I mean, they gave SS4 to Gohan when he didn't even have a tail.

He could have the same BS explanation Vegeta does, no problem.

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMzOvOhjLxl/

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:golfclap:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

On a related note, I am disappointed that Crunchyroll didn't translate Zamasu's reaction to Kaioken Blue as "Kaio-what?"

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
This is still my favorite scene in Super.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMUJtduDLEI/

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Agoat posted:

This is still my favorite scene in Super.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMUJtduDLEI/

Oh my god...

I sorta stop after the Tourney because of work catching up on me.

This is the best thing ever.

loving killed me how he grabs the tractor too.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i love this

im glad TFS are doing these little one-off gags for Super when they have good ideas for it

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the dubbed slice of life stuff is going to be great

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Carlosologist posted:

the dubbed slice of life stuff is going to be great

Can't wait for the Goku vs Monaka fight dub

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

good to know that tfs also likes g gundam because g gundam loving owns.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Man, I'm still not over the awesome animation for Vegito and Zamasu fighting. Way to go Super, you did it.

For real though, Kaiser is the best voice for Trunks.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I think Eric Vale does a fine job but Kaiser isn't shabby at all.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Gohan is the best and I hate the Z sword as Gohan should never be the main character. He is more interesting as a supporting character.

gohan was at his best when he was the main character tho

so basically when he was fighting cell until he flew off to deal with babidi. before that he was just a kid and after that he was a jobber. teen gohan slice of life filler is powerful stuff

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Watching Kai and

Raditz posted:

I can't believe this child is the first to cause me such damage on the battlefield!

really?

Raditz must you even lie in your own internal monologue?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

TFRazorsaw posted:

Watching Kai and

really?

Or he's just been really smart about not pissing off anyone stronger than him.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TFRazorsaw posted:

Watching Kai and

really?

Well consider that at the time, before li'l Gohan slammed him, he was dominating (if not trivially) the two strongest beings on Earth, both of whom were aliens themselves. Earth was originally meant to get cleared off and subdued by Baby Goku.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
There are so many applicable DBZA quotes, I can't pick just one.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Watching Kai and

really?

What do you mean? Who hit him worse before then? Are you counting the Beam cannon that was a miss?

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Wuxi posted:

he sorta implied that nobody got to Gohans level during the Cell games (which then was proven wrong by Goku flattening that light-sucking bug, but still, Vegeta was pretty weak on the Goku-scale of things)

It could be different translations or something, but at the very least both Goku and Majin Vegeta noted that they're stronger than Cell saga Gohan during their fight. There might have been something more earlier in the Buu Saga (during either Gohan's fight with Dabura, Gohan's powering up at the tournament or when Gohan visits Capsule Corp).

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
T4S haven't been mentioning Super in the openings to DBZA, but mention GT without using it. Was it just because Funimation didn't have the Super rights?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

This is :perfect:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Monaghan posted:

good to know that tfs also likes g gundam because g gundam loving owns.

Takata did g gundam abridged before forming team four star.

Also they kept being sent gundam stuff in fanmails.

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Watching Kai and

really?

That actually explains why he's as weak as he is. No zenkai boosts. He probably could have been as strong as Goku if he would have applied himself and he didn't die.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Tae posted:

Takata did g gundam abridged before forming team four star.

Also they kept being sent gundam stuff in fanmails.

Oh poo poo I didn't know that existed.

I wonder if there's more YGO Abridged that I've not seen, they went on a long break.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Every time I quit YGO Abridged because it feels too long in the tooth, I end up watching the episodes I skipped out on a year later.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
So they bumped up the 3DS game's release from December to next week! :toot:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
TFS is putting out hints that their next big effort is going to be the 1st Broly movie.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Pureauthor posted:

TFS is putting out hints that their next big effort is going to be the 1st Broly movie.

kind of has to be, this is basically the end of the window for it

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Now Broly? You guys now Broly?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

BizarroAzrael posted:

T4S haven't been mentioning Super in the openings to DBZA, but mention GT without using it. Was it just because Funimation didn't have the Super rights?

I'm pretty sure it's just because they haven't updated it since Super came out.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
If I were then I would tease Broly, but do BioBroly just to see the internet fall apart...

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Bloodly posted:

What do you mean? Who hit him worse before then? Are you counting the Beam cannon that was a miss?

Really, I'm just making fun of him.

"Raditz is a coward" honestly feels plausible. He's winning the fight with Goku and Piccolo at first but he never seems "in control" even at first like other villains, whether it's him freaking out about how they can "alter" their power levels or freaking out when Goku chases him with the Kamehameha Wave.

It's not overstated but it's more prevalent than the first times I watched this. Raditz not being a good fighter is more than just him being a precursor to stronger villains, he really is written like a bully who only gets by by being a big fish in a small pond.

I dunno. It makes me appreciate his character more.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kazy posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just because they haven't updated it since Super came out.

Buuuuuuuuut they rerecord the voice clips for every episode

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Pureauthor posted:

They said so but they have also said they are having trouble making Broly into a workable concept.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
They will abridge Broly so hard that it will be all three Broly movies, with most of the focus placed on Bio-Broly, done at Kai Abridged speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

What's the deal with an English release for DBKai Buu Saga anyway? I remember them saying that it was gonna get an English release first, but it's now MIA while the Japanese version is done already.

On a released note, did Funimation ever release an "English dub, Japanese music" version of the original DBZ?

I'm definitely not asking these questions for Vegito-related reasons, no sir.

• Locked thread