Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

bend posted:

gently caress this month, mate of mine tried to kill himself last week. He's in a psyche ward now and hopefully getting his head together, but that and everything else the last couple of months jusdt gently caress it, I don't know ehat the gently caress to do any more, I'm going to get another loving beer

On the plus side: he didn't kill himself and he is now getting treatment. So that's sort of positive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bend
Dec 31, 2012

Raluek posted:

No. Don't think of it like that. We're a community here, and we leave no man behind. Even the unrepentant assholes here are given sympathy, and I'd bet that every one of us is willing to lend an ear or a shoulder if the need arises.

Thanks, I'm just feeling a bit completely hosed out of shape and don't really know what the gently caress to do right now, for some reason I tend to apologise alot when I get this way. I didn't really know ocky that well though,he was my mother in laws nephew and severely disabled (wheelchair, nonverbal etc) but between that, my partners grandparents dying, the dog getting cancer and being put down and my mate trying to top himself in the last few months I'm just hosed man. Thanks for the support, I hope I'm worth the effort but hosed if I know anymore.

Anphear
Jan 20, 2008
I spent almost 30 mins on the phone today with a talent acquisition person from a Science MegaCorp today. My details are being passed onto the actual, country manager.

Good to see that I made it past first tiny hurdle

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

bend posted:

Thanks for the support, I hope I'm worth the effort but hosed if I know anymore.

Never think like this. You or anyone else need to rant you pm me or pretty much anyone else in this thread. AI chat thread is the best part of the internet bar none.

bend
Dec 31, 2012

sidewalk gum posted:

Never think like this. You or anyone else need to rant you pm me or pretty much anyone else in this thread. AI chat thread is the best part of the internet bar none.

Thanks, true about the chat thread, you're all good blokes (and occasionally women or trans). Honestly I've been underemployed severely for about four years now and supportibg my partner, she suffers from arthritis severely and finally got that under control and properly medicated this year then got offered a job she loves completrely out of the blue and I was beginning to think that this year wouldn't be quite as bad as every other but then everything happened and I guess Iwas wrong. I'm just hosed and depressed and she's always telling me that I shouldn't be thinking like that but I can't not right now you kn ow. I'll be alright in the morning I guess, I usualljy am because what the gently caress else can you do but keep on hitting hte wall until it breaks if you can't find a way around it.?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

bend posted:

Thanks, I'm just feeling a bit completely hosed out of shape and don't really know what the gently caress to do right now, for some reason I tend to apologise alot when I get this way.

It's because you're a man and men aren't supposed to have feelings or talk about them because you're supposed to be strong. Which is why when something really bad happens and you're forced to address them, it's really loving hard... Don't apologise for being human.

bend
Dec 31, 2012

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's because you're a man and men aren't supposed to have feelings or talk about them because you're supposed to be strong. Which is why when something really bad happens and you're forced to address them, it's really loving hard... Don't apologise for being human.

Could be, I can never quite figure out Iif I'm aspologising for having feelings or for dumping them on other people when I get overwhelmed. sorry about the typos by the way for those that care I might be a little bit pissed I think.
I generally do alright talking about things up to a point and the just sort of crash and dump poo poo everywhere and end up apologigsing

bend
Dec 31, 2012
I'm trying not too dump it on my partner becaues honestly she's dealt with enough this year to, so thanks for listening and reminding me that I'm not compleytly hosed , just hosed right now

spog
Aug 7, 2004

sidewalk gum posted:

AI chat thread is the best part of the internet bar none.

Even better than that part of the internet where you can see naked ladies?

Cause that bit is pretty awesome.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

bend
Dec 31, 2012

spog posted:

Even better than that part of the internet where you can see naked ladies?

Cause that bit is pretty awesome.

Yeah, but only because my partner told me I'm not allowed to look at that bit

spog
Aug 7, 2004

bend posted:

Could be, I can never quite figure out Iif I'm aspologising for having feelings or for dumping them on other people when I get overwhelmed. sorry about the typos by the way for those that care I might be a little bit pissed I think.
I generally do alright talking about things up to a point and the just sort of crash and dump poo poo everywhere and end up apologigsing

You don't need to apologise to us.

We've all been there and it is a tough time. Your ego takes a constant battering.

But, and this is a big but, it shows that you care about her, that you are a strong partner and a Good Man. so, pat on your back from me.

bend
Dec 31, 2012

Nice red panda, always liked them

bend
Dec 31, 2012
Also I've changed my mind, don't go look at the aus GBS thread, apparently their sounding each other now or something. I haven't looked at the pic yet and don't plan too, but surely sticking your dick uo someone elses dick is just a bad idea all round.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

bend posted:

Also I've changed my mind, don't go look at the aus GBS thread, apparently their sounding each other now or something. I haven't looked at the pic yet and don't plan too, but surely sticking your dick uo someone elses dick is just a bad idea all round.

There is indeed a picture of a dick going into another dick. Why, I do not know.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

This is a good and high quality post of one of the best animals out there. gently caress yes.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Have a picture of my kid riding shotgun in my dearly departed mj.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

angryrobots posted:

Have a picture of my kid riding shotgun in my dearly departed mj.

Letting him drive is probably not legal.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

bend posted:

I'm just hosed and depressed and she's always telling me that I shouldn't be thinking like that but I can't not right now you kn ow. I'll be alright in the morning I guess, I usualljy am because what the gently caress else can you do but keep on hitting hte wall until it breaks if you can't find a way around it.?

After a lot of discussion with friends I'm fairly convinced I suffered a minor breakdown a couple of years ago and I was feeling the same way. I didn't think I could talk to anyone at the time because I was just being a pussy and needed to man up. Thanks society, for making me think that's how I should have reacted to crippling loneliness, depression, money issues, lack of sleep etc. No, I should have spoken to someone. All of those things can be addressed. My wife would have helped with anything she could, if she'd have known what was wrong. I've friends who'd have dropped everything and come seen me for as long as helping took, if they'd have known. I've family who'd have done the same. You almost certainly do too, whether you feel that or not.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my mum was out of the hospital for the last three days but the blood thinners they gave her aren't working so now she is swollen up again and probably has a clot in her lungs based on her mental state and blue fingers and lips, so an ambulance is on its way since we can't move her by ourselves without risking snagging a tube or something

at this point I hope she passes soon so she doesn't have to suffer anymore :sigh:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I woke up this morning to a message from my wife's grandma whom I let borrow my Cooper S until her car was straightened out that the clutch is severely slipping. No good deed goes unpunished.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

funny Star Wars parody posted:

my mum was out of the hospital for the last three days but the blood thinners they gave her aren't working so now she is swollen up again and probably has a clot in her lungs based on her mental state and blue fingers and lips, so an ambulance is on its way since we can't move her by ourselves without risking snagging a tube or something

at this point I hope she passes soon so she doesn't have to suffer anymore :sigh:

:( so sorry dude, that is horrible.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Bollocks that is terrible stuff. I am truly sorry to hear that because I am in no way ready should anything like that happen to me.

I am the youngest of five kids and with my own little family growing I have had a lot of perspective happening about how we are at the point of life where we are replacing our parents and how our parents have truly replaced my grandparents. I completely see why there is such a thing as a mid-life crisis. My parents are getting older and it is difficult to see my mothers ailing health. Attending the funeral this weekend was tough because it forced me to think about the future more. I am envious that my kids aren't going to have the kinds of relationships with my parents as my older nieces and nephews. They are likely going to remember their grandma and grandpa that are older and have a hard time moving around and stuff.

vvv EDIT: prayers, good wishes, etc your way :glomp: vvv

Somewhat Heroic fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 15, 2016

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

just got a call that she is in respiratory failure so leaving work, pray for me and my family please and thanks

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I'm thinking of you buddy. Be strong.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
sorry TT :(

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Dang, sorry about your situation TT. Hope everything goes as well as it possibly can from this point out. :(

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Not much else to say there, TT. Godspeed.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
all the best tt

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Hope she gets through the pain.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wishing you the best TT.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

keykey posted:

I woke up this morning to a message from my wife's grandma whom I let borrow my Cooper S until her car was straightened out that the clutch is severely slipping. No good deed goes unpunished.

Clutch is slipping in my wife's Kia again. Apparently, they only last 60K miles. I thought the first one was because of a novice driver we let borrow it, but the second one has only been driven by her and me, and we've both been driving manuals since we learned to drive. She doesn't abuse the clutch, and neither do I. Ordered a new LUK clutch kit from Amazon this morning. Only $100, but a clutch service in a FWD... Blargh. Hope I don't destroy my thumbnail again.

Good fortune TT, whatever that turns out to be.

edit: gently caress, should I resurface the flywheel? Get a new flywheel? I didn't do either last time, but I don't usually do either unless the flywheel is visibly worn, grooved, etc.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 15, 2016

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
TT good luck :(

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Is it too early to start the gently caress 2016 train?

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
AISS 2016 has begun!

You can click right here or find it in the stickies!

spog
Aug 7, 2004

nm posted:

I think we have good justification to do so.

Anyone had any good news this year?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
my wife has been sober for 8 months so that's good?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

nm posted:

John Oliver beat us all to the punch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rSDUsMwakI&t=1578s

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

So... cheap Chinese phones like BLU only cost you your privacy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/16/us/politics/china-phones-software-security.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Darchangel posted:

She doesn't abuse the clutch, and neither do I.

I inquired about my wife's grandma's driving habits. She apparently abused the poo poo out of the clutch. She's only been borrowing it for going on 2 months. So far the cheapest quote I've received is $1,550+tax. $550 for parts (flywheel conversion kit with clutch) and the rest is labor since it's a bitch and a half to replace the clutch on an r53 Cooper S. She said originally she'd pay for the replacement, then heard the prices I'm being quoted then asked me to go in halves. I told her if I did that, I'm selling the car since that was my plan originally until she wrecked her PT Cruiser and my wife let her borrow my car until hers was fixed.

• Locked thread